Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2017, 06:00 PM   #9521

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Sister's place is just south of 84 on west side of Gatesville.

ronspradley
We go thru there every year to Fredricksburg in oct beautiful drive in the hills .
Safe-T-Plus
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2017, 09:45 AM   #9522

Frank I saw your question regarding Ms Prissy, frustrated as we are nowhere further than we were a week ago.

There are lots of "discussions" that seem at times to go in circles, and a couple times I thought we had reached a agreement, only to find the insurance folks circled back, or side stepped.

I suppose all of this discussion is getting us to some resolution that will get the action plan moving, but that has yet to be seen. One lesson learned is that even when they agree,,,, those whom I am talking to are not the decision makers as the agreements get voided.

Discussions continue, I am getting really good creative support from my collision repair shop owner, who of course is vastly more experienced in these dealings.

Bottom line, Ms Prissy sits in the lot, no work being performed, and or we do not have a check, it wil be 2 months this Sunday.

I should add, I have legally reviewed with council, our broker, our repair shop, and our adjuster.... the insurance companies are under no timeline limitations. They are obligated to repair or replace,, but no date can be set, nor will it hold up in court. Seems unfair, however not when you consider they are big business and get their own laws written.

Ugh!!!!!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #9523

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hello all,

Just a word to say we're alive and on Assateague Island at the National Seashore. Fantastic! Wild horses everywhere (wild horse poo too!). We have spotty internet so while it's adequate I thought I would post a link to our last blog entry.

"Wandering Toes" : Assateague Island Treasures
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:39 PM   #9524

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lloyd,
So sorry for your frustration dealing with this. I understand your pain. Hopefully it will resolve itself quickly and take the stress away from you. I lost the awning on the 5er 2 weeks ago. The motor drive stripped a gear due to the wind, then the fabric ripped because of the buffeting and the tube bent due to the water build up because the motor let the awning back up and hold the water. So far have had good luck with insurance company. They already had a mobile RV guy come out and check the awning out and manually roll it up. The parts are already on order from carefree. I wish that you could get the same type treatment.

Rita went to the surgeon today and found out she has a small infection in the incision. He put her on antibiotics and wasn't real worried about it as long as it gets better and no worse. The nurse checked it Friday so it just started. She is doing great other than the infection.

Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:10 PM   #9525

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Frank, give Rita our best and hope the antibiotics work quickly! Sorry to here about the awning on the 5'er, but when it is new it will be another selling feature!

Charlie, glad you and Martha made it to "Wild Horse Is." Watch out for the piles!

Lloyd, hang in there, I had a claim once for my semi, when a lady came across two lanes and slammed into the side of me, my insurance assigned a subragation (sp) officer to the case, and after two months, I was going to turn it over to my lawyer, and she ask for just a couple more days, and sure enough, got what I was asking! Dealing with the insurance Co's is like going to the dentist!

Well the Hormone Therapy is going ok so far, no ill affects so far! Other than being "Bitchy"
We went for a nice drive yesterday up north in the mountains, and was a good drive!
All the rain and humidity we have had lately has made all of our solid Teak doors in our house swell up! So have the contractor here with his power planer to shave them down a little bit! I bought a wood rasp after I got here to try to do the same thing, but if you have ever tried to plane a Teak door with a wood rasp, it does not work very well!

Sounds like the M&G is finally coming together!

Everyone have a great day! Rail
Old 10-18-2017, 05:52 AM   #9526

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Have too say it Ron but I'm glad it happens to others and not just us...
We just got the concurs out of the shop from the last repair job. they didn't torque the correct pressure to the new drive shafts they installed. One of the new sensors on the front struts they installed, just fell off while driving down the HWY
Just a hair under $3,000.00
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:09 AM   #9527

Good morning all!

45 here, Carolina Blue skies predicted for the next 5 - 7 days. Will have to deal with it.

Thanks Frank! Glad your awning is being dealt with quickly. We are keeping after it.

Charlie, watch your step!

Tim, when are you leaving for Yuma? Must be starting to get pretty cold up there?

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:17 AM   #9528

Good morning everyone coffee is great today
Sorry to hear about the troubles Ron...

Lloyd hope the insurance company gets off their buts and gets you taken care of...

Rail hope treatment continues to go well...

Frank I hope Rita gets better soon....

Charlie and Martha enjoy the island and all it has to offer...

Not much happening here wife back in Austin for work next couple of days so free time for me....lol

Have a great day everyone

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:16 AM   #9529

Carolina Campers
Good morning all!

We hope Rita gets the infection under control quickly. Glad she is doing well otherwise.

Ted & Kathleen
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:48 AM   #9530

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks guys,
We think the infection started a couple days before going to the doctors so the antibiotics should kick it quickly. Nurse comes in Monday and go back to doctors in 2 weeks.
Frank
Old 10-18-2017, 02:11 PM   #9531

Gulf Streamers Club
Afternoon everyone. New news on old CRV. Was going to shop yesterday to tow old CRV back to house. Owner of shop called before that and said he had heard that some of these Honda 2.0 engines of this generation did not destruct when a timing belt broke. Said he would look to see if engine was still OK, on his nickle if engine was bad. Long story short, he said engine was OK and replaced timing belt and tensioner for $600. I picked up today and towed back to house. It is running, now we will see. Broken belt was installed 77,000 miles ago and replacement schedule calls for 105,000? He said there was no indication of why that belt broke? So I will have to look for something different for my yard art.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:41 PM   #9532
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
So I will have to look for something different for my yard art.
Good news on the engine.

So very, very sorry about the lack of a yard art contribution.

Frank, Glad to hear Rita is doing well, albeit with a very minor side issue. Just as a note going forward, DW's knee doc has told her anytime in the future that she will be having any type of surgery, including dental work, she may need to take some antibiotics (or something) as a preventative measure. No big deal. Just something she needs to remember.

Rail, Thoughts and prayers with the treatment plan.

Lloyd, Still hoping for a good outcome with insurance that meets your approval and needs.

Tim, Medical privacy rules and protocol are well understood by professionals in the medical field. Other areas... probably not so much. Some folks will not even think about any type of privacy when talking. Note: there are a LOT of things I do not discuss with my barber!

Everyone, have a great day!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:42 PM   #9533

Freightliner Owners Club
Ron,
Glad to hear that the CRV is up and running albeit cost about $2000 to get her there.

CWK,
Thanks for the heads up on the antibiotics,will keep that in mind.

Have a great evening all,
Frank
Old 10-18-2017, 09:43 PM   #9534

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Evening;
Tried posting several times this morning and each time lost the post. Gave up and went to fix more stuff.

We head over to Mexico tomorrow. Janet has a meeting with the dentist to discuss a plan for her dental work and get antibiotics in preparation for the work. Because of the hip replacement she also is required to take about a week of antibiotics before any work.

And I am getting the end of summer haircut. Janet took some before haircut photographs. Going to feel good to get back to the normal length.