Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2017, 06:28 AM   #9591

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Coffee is good
Dr appointment This AM hoping no more casts on left foot. maybe last visit.
Welcome RetroGranny,
Up late again last night,
BEE GEES in concert, 1997 yea I know but they are good any time in my book.
Took the PA for propane yesterday she was empty 18.9 gallons @2.99 a gal. That is the most I have every put n her.
We also purchased a Milkhouse space heater, Not a fan of space heaters but.
Brother had another deal fall in his lap... another pontoon that with mine makes 3 and he got the speedboat fixed. A full dock. the Johnson on mine took a dump so into the shop Wednesday in the end I might take the 40 Hp Merc off the new Pontoon (pontoon is shot) and put it on mine. From a 28 Hp to a 40Hp Ver- Roooom and the forty is a 4 stroke oil injection. He has a 85 Hp Merc on another ski-boat but won't let me put it on my pontoon. I think he has a thing about speed, he freaks if I floor the concours.
Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers for Joe and I,
Well got to get ready for the Doc,
Have great day,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2017, 06:57 AM   #9592

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
'Mornin' all! Hope your Dr visit is a good one Tim!

That difference in horsepower probably will be quite noticeable on the pontoon!

I've seen that Bee Gees concert a couple times on PBS, it's killer. They were really incredible.

Check back later, have a great day everyone, be safe.

W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 07:00 AM   #9593

Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
Morning,
Coffee is good
Dr appointment This AM hoping no more casts on left foot. maybe last visit.
Welcome RetroGranny,
Up late again last night,
BEE GEES in concert, 1997 yea I know but they are good any time in my book.
Took the PA for propane yesterday she was empty 18.9 gallons @2.99 a gal. That is the most I have every put n her.
We also purchased a Milkhouse space heater, Not a fan of space heaters but.
Brother had another deal fall in his lap... another pontoon that with mine makes 3 and he got the speedboat fixed. A full dock. the Johnson on mine took a dump so into the shop Wednesday in the end I might take the 40 Hp Merc off the new Pontoon (pontoon is shot) and put it on mine. From a 28 Hp to a 40Hp Ver- Roooom and the forty is a 4 stroke oil injection. He has a 85 Hp Merc on another ski-boat but won't let me put it on my pontoon. I think he has a thing about speed, he freaks if I floor the concours.
Thanks everyone for the well wishes and prayers for Joe and I,
Well got to get ready for the Doc,
Have great day,
Tim
Good luck with the doc today. The $2.99 price sounds high but we paid I think it was $3.99 at the Happy Jack resort. Then we topped off the tank before heading home in Camp Verde, $1.99.

Are you going to try to go to Yuma this year? It won’t be the same without y’all.

I talked to cuz yesterday and it looks like we will be there between the 7th and 10th if all goes well. Dad is all excited, Glenda too. I’m trying to figure out how to stuff as much blacksmithing and rock carving equipment into Lil Blu for the trip. After we get the new storage building built then I hope to start playing.

Hope everyone on the road has fun, those at home too.
Old 10-23-2017, 07:36 AM   #9594

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning all,

The coffee tastes really good this morning.

Martha and I are tucked away at Northwest River Campground near Virginia Beach and Newport News. This is a heavily wooded park and it is almost gloomy because the trees keep it so dark. This morning while walking Jake I saw two foxes playing in the middle of the campground road.

We are here until Thursday morning and then off to boondock at Cape Hatteras National Seashore for a week.

Charlene,

If your fridge is a Norcold. It may need the clock set on the refrigerator key pad. Ours will not operate on gas or electric until it's set. It has to do with the defrost cycle. If you don't have automatic defrosting then this is mute for you.

If you don't have a manual for your particular refrigerator then do a Google search for your fridge: X manufacturer, model XXXXX, operating manual.

Another thing to do IF your fridge has the feature is to set it in auto mode. This way it senses whether you are plugged in or just have 12 volts available and chooses the appropriate operation.

Also, hang in there. We bought our 2005 back last November. We were faced with a myriad of electrical challenges. Each thing fixed is one step closer to being able to rely on things working when you need them. It'll get better I promise...well, eventually.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:26 AM   #9595

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hiya folks! Having coffee, sausage, eggs and toast while we talk about our day. Coffee is tasty this morning.

Weather here is cool, rained most of the day yesterday, and likely gonna do the same tomorrow. High of 62 today.

Campground is practically empty, we've got a nice, level spot across from the showers. Hubby is going to try the hydraulic levelers today, to see if they work. If not, we've got stackers.

On the fridge not working: yes, the propane was on when I turned the fridge on. Yes, the fridge was working, just plugged into house power before. We are plugged into 30 amp right now, propane is on, fridge light won't come on. We've checked all the fuses, they're fine. Looked at the exterior fridge access panel, all looks good there, nothing obviously predated or frayed. Fridge is set to auto, so either propane or shore power should be fine. Yes we have a full propane tank.

The fridge is a Norcold flush mount fridge, model 682. I did hear there was a recall/class action lawsuit, but the time to get in on that was closed before we bought the RV anyway.

I'm sure the problem is something relatively simple, since it was working just two days ago. Allen is going to check the voltage at the exterior access to see that its getting current.

Ron, good call about the wiring. Hubby says he'll have to see how much of the dash he'd have to disassemble to get to it.

Big thanks to you guys, for taking time to comment. Its so appreciated.

How's everyone's weekend going? Whatcha up to?
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #9596

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening,

Rain today and the clouds looked dark and full and angry. Been a busy day!

Tim, I Love the Bee Gee's! The music back then was good, except the Beatles I did not care for. Just me. Love Led Zeppelin, Moody Blues, Beach Boys.

Take care and keep dry. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:55 PM   #9597

Weekend camping report

Got to our campsite after a two and one half hr. drive. Went to set up my C-pap machine and discovered I had left the special power supply cord at home. Didn't sleep well. Kept sleeping for short intervals then waking up. Took a nap after breakfast and felt better. My first taste of life without this machine(like we had a power failure). Saturday evening my lower back was hurting. Then I got up to the BR and had a major muscle spasm in my back. Haven 't thrown my back out in several years. Dh wasn't feeling well Sunday evening. Monday he was sneezing and had chills/nausea. I was in so much pain I had to cancel my apt for my abdominal CT scan. Dh had to cancel his dentist apt. We both are recovering. I need to be well for my Thursday Cystoscopy. DH took ibuprofen and felt well enough to drain the water tank and winterize the RV. So glad to hear Glenda is doing very well with her oncology check ups. The deck install looks very nice. Take care
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:22 AM   #9598

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
evening,
Doc called in sick but saw another. Wound opened a little so I will need to stuff a medical material that will dissolve and kill any infection into the wound twice a day. NO CAST Yippee. Return next Monday.
Got everything winterized MH good too 50 below, concurs and the 64 good too -45. Like we will see that.
The pontoon saga continues,
swung by to drop off some tax papers at the farm and sitting in the driveway is a Pontoon,a 28 footer with a Chev 350/OMC outdrive. I am sure it fly's. He's had his eye on it since last spring and he says he got it for 1/2 off. I bet I could tow that too Yuma its got a new trailer. We could have dinner cruises and happy hour on it.
I also spotted a 1996 Pace Arrow Vision. It is pretty nice couldn't get inside but the exterior will give my buffer a work out but it would look pretty nice cleaned up. The roof looks too be fiberglass and it has satellite TV mounted on roof. Tires look fairly new and has leveler's. I don't think the towing capabilities will be anywhere close too what I am looking for.
I also got one of my new front turn signals working again, Bad grown and one of the clearance lights working again.
Talked to one of the construction workers that is working on the street replacement and he really like's the PA and I felt proud of her.
Chuck that is not good news I was going to have him do some work on the concurs and the PA.
Is he still working on stuff? we are hoping too be in Yuma for Thanksgiving I remember last year we had 3-4 turkeys and my favorite was the deep fried so I don't want to miss that.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 06:25 AM   #9599

Good morning all!

Tim, hope that foot heals quickly, and you are able to get on the road. That Pontoon with the I/O sounds nice. Would be great on the lakes near Yuma. Hope it all works out and you make Thanksgiving.

Our road gets the top coat of blacktop starting Wednesday. We were able to make a deal and pay extra for them to pave further in from the funded county 15' per driveway. We are paying for an additional 45', 60 ' all together. Should make our entrance nice.

SAM, sorry you are having so many challenges there. My wife Debbie also uses a C-Pap. However if she is on it daily and skips one night, she seems to do fine,,,, almost like she developes muscle memory. Might eve work for 2 days,,,, but by the third she needs her machine.

Well, Mom called last night around 7pm, not feeling well, complaining of pain radiating around her back to her chest. We rush took her to the ER,,,, and long story short they kept her. They think she simply pulled some muscles (was cleaning her cabinets the day before) however keeping her for observations. Hopefully she will come home today.

Well got to run, have a great day!

L..
Old 10-24-2017, 07:38 AM   #9600
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Lloyd, Thoughts and prayers for Mom.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:52 AM   #9601

Vintage RV Owners Club
Morning, everybody!
Coffee is good this morning. That little $20 k-cup coffee maker works just fine, fits under the kitchen sink after breakfast, and makes my little heart happy. Allen even had a cuppa yesterday morning - with a packet of sugar free hot cocoa in it.

Weather is wet and cold today. With the wind chill, outside temps are in the 30s. I'm hoping for a break in the weather today, though, to take a hike.

Yesterday we didn't have much rain, and we were able to get outside for one of our shared hobbies: portrait photography. Allen loves Photoshop, and I'm a willing model with an *ahem* overflowing costume collection.

So we have a little studio in our basement for standard backdrop photos, but we also go all out and do themed photo shoots on location, too. This time the theme is Red Riding Hood. The fall colors in the forest around Dawson Lake are gorgeous, there's a wonderful trail head ("to Grandma's House") nearby, and we had amazing luck cobbling together the perfect costume, between items I already had in my collection, and a trip into town for a red wig. Heck, I even had some apples in the fridge at home, for Red to bring to Grandma! I love having shared hobbies with Allen - its one of our love languages that has kept us together for 33 years.

So, the water heater didn't work last night for me to wash up the dishes. It was dark and raining, so I boiled water on the stove. Today, we will take a look through the manual together and see what we can do. We're hanging around camp today, and I've got a stack of manuals to look through. Found the one for the fridge, with an electronics schematic, yippee! Hoping that helps solve the electrical problem. But the ice in the fridge has been working wonderful, like a giant cooler, lol. So if we can't find the problem, we're doing fine.

Lynne, how's the sewing coming along? I was gonna mention the other day that I also sew. I'd love to hear about your projects.

I love the Bee Gees, too, Tim! The first record album I ever bought was Saturday Night Fever. "Disco isn't dead!" (moviequote) Haha!
That's frustrating your wound reopened! I hope that infection gets cleared up super fast. And how cool the construction worker complimented your Pace Arrow!

Sam, Allen also uses a c-pap, and can't sleep well without one. I'm sad that you forgot your cord, that's so hard. And then the double whammy of back pain and hubby sick. Not the way you wanted to spend your camping trip, for sure. Can you go to a nearby medical supply and get a replacement cord, by chance?

Lloyd, what good news about that blacktop. Did you have gravel before? Or just having a new top coat done?
Jeez, I hope your mom can come home today. Crossing fingers that they are right about the pulled muscle.

Allen's awake, so time to finish making breakfast. But here's a couple of pics. One from my dinette window just now, and one from yesterday's photo shoot.

Charlene

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171024_091045.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	180837Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1508806218988.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	323.0 KB
ID:	180838
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 08:55 AM   #9602

Gulf Streamers Club
Lloyd, healing prayers for Mom.

ronspradley. driver for Emmett the WanderDog.

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:51 AM   #9603

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Lloyd pass on best wishes to your mom for us. Good news if it is nothing more than muscle strain. Great that they are keeping her to ensure it is nothing more.

Sorry to hear the fridge and water heater are not working. I wonder if there is a blockage in the propane lines. There is not very much pressure in the line after it leaves the regulator. Something as minor as a spider web can cause the problem. Try cleaning or blowing out the burner area on both of them, easy to do and will not hurt to try.

Tim - do whatever you have to do to heal up quickly. Hope Joes visit with the surgeon goes well. Still pretty quiet down here. New park rules have been implemented. All trailers including dollies have to go into storage ($25.00) per month. Park looks cleaner without all the trailers sitting around. They have done a bunch of renovations in the washrooms etc.

Was really warm overnight (80) and supposed to be warm today. Cooling off overnight as the week goes on. Has been moderately windy the last couple days. Just enough to bring lots of leaves down.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:20 PM   #9604

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lloyd,
Thoughts and prayers go out to Mom. Please wish her the best from Rita and me.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote