Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2017, 09:10 AM   #9927

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Stiff breezy here this morning. No go on the balloon lift off. Walked down to see but all to see was vehicles leaving. May be in doubt for tomorrow as more breeze predicted.

Going to be a grand day. Sun is up.

Ron - our kitchen is about the same size. I installed a moveable island with power and had the electrician put in a floor plug. We unplug it when ever we want to move it and can slide it to the side. So far everyone has been able to successfully walk around it. Moving it has become problematic as Janet has totally filled the shelves and drawers in it and managed to sit enough stuff on top that any working area is minimal.

Janet and her friend Patty from home are going over to Algondones to look at eye glasses. I am unsupervised for a while but can see that I will be spending time vacuuming the deck.

Tim and Joe should be here in a couple weeks.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-18-2017, 09:40 AM   #9928

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frank,

Don't know what I was thinking. Yeah, 7 weeks and she will start turning that corner soon. That first two months is brutal but at this point it starts to get better. It will actually surprise her that one day she will realize it just is better. Hope she finds that soon.

Got quite a bit done but think it is time to go to a gun show to see my brother.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:38 PM   #9929

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
G'afternoon all,

Martha and I are now in Rio Vista, Tx. until the first week of December. We'll leave the coach and drive back to Fayetteville for doctors appts. and to visit our youngest son (24). Once we get back to Texas we will stay two days and head to Aransas Pass, Tx. for two months on the gulf.

This morning I went to PPL Motor Home and Parts get some dicor and some lap tape to finally take our defuncte 2005 satelitte dish off the roof.

It took about an hour and now the coach is 11'8" tall instead of 12'8" tall. The front of the coach always looked odd with that big old fashioned dome on it. Good riddance, we couldn't get a software up date that would make it work with any satellite provider anyway.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 04:01 PM   #9930

Winnebago Owners Club
Jeff - have not heard from you for a while. Would be great to have a post from you.
Old 11-18-2017, 04:59 PM   #9931

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie and Martha View Post
G'afternoon all,

Martha and I are now in Rio Vista, Tx. until the first week of December. We'll leave the coach and drive back to Fayetteville for doctors appts. and to visit our youngest son (24). Once we get back to Texas we will stay two days and head to Aransas Pass, Tx. for two months on the gulf.

This morning I went to PPL Motor Home and Parts get some dicor and some lap tape to finally take our defuncte 2005 satelitte dish off the roof.

It took about an hour and now the coach is 11'8" tall instead of 12'8" tall. The front of the coach always looked odd with that big old fashioned dome on it. Good riddance, we couldn't get a software up date that would make it work with any satellite provider anyway.

Hey! I know where that is! I drive the Boy Scouts through there a few times per year headed to camp on the other side of Lake Whitney.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:41 PM   #9932

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freqz View Post
Hey! I know where that is! I drive the Boy Scouts through there a few times per year headed to camp on the other side of Lake Whitney.
Ya don't want to blink when you roll through...or speed. It's the nastiest speed trap ever.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:00 PM   #9933

https://yuma.craigslist.org/mcy/d/19...374001137.html

I just found another reason for Lloyd to light a fire getting Miss Prissy to Yuma
Old 11-18-2017, 07:16 PM   #9934

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Lynne,
Rita said to tell you thanks, she needed to hear positive feedback. She said she thinks maybe that corner is right there. She is feeling somewhat better.
Lloyd,
I will probably buy the fridge then see what we need to do. And how I can get it into the coach. I have enough good help here at the park that we will see how it goes after I get the new fridge.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 07:40 PM   #9935

Gulf Streamers Club
Charlie and Martha, the Fri and Sat after Thanksgiving there is a fair at Homestead Heritage, in Elm Mott, just north of Waco off I35. Homestead Fair. Parking fee but no entry fee. Should be less than an hour from Rio vista, taking the back roads.
My family plans on being there on Fri this year.

Happy trails.

r & e
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 09:34 PM   #9936

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very tasty today!

We just got back home from a funeral for my BIL's dad. The drive thru the mountains this time was much better, as the med's are stabilizing in my system now!
On the way home, we stopped at a Lignite Mine in Mae Moh, Thailand. https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser..._Province.html

You can google the mine and its operations, to learn more about it! It is a massive operation, been in business since 1953! So the same age as me!

The pic's are from the funeral, my BIL's family, and the park at the Lignite Mine! They have really gone above and beyond fixing the old ways of mining from the 50's till now for sure! The park and golf course are spectacular!
Rail!

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (BIL's family).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	183284

Name:	thumbnail  ( coal fired power plant at the Lignite mine!).jpg
Views:	56
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	183285

Name:	thumbnail  ( lignite mine 3).jpg
Views:	47
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	183286

Name:	thumbnail (lignite mine).jpg
Views:	46
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	183287

Name:	thumbnail (lignite mine)2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	183288
Old 11-18-2017, 10:09 PM   #9937

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Charlie and Martha, the Fri and Sat after Thanksgiving there is a fair at Homestead Heritage, in Elm Mott, just north of Waco off I35. Homestead Fair. Parking fee but no entry fee. Should be less than an hour from Rio vista, taking the back roads.
My family plans on being there on Fri this year.

Happy trails.

r & e
Thanks Ron, we might just look into going.
Old 11-19-2017, 03:05 AM   #9938

Good morning everyone...

Catching up on the thread it seems like everyone is doing well...

Tim and Joe hope you all are feeling better and get back to yuma soon...

Frank I hope Rita turns that corner but don't let her take it too fast she might spin out...lol..sorry to hear about the fridge...and about the mirror in the 5er...but a new fridge is always nice...hope there is a quick sale on the truck and 5er...

Ron the kitchen is really coming together...I bet Emmet will look very distinguished in a new Texas themed outfit...hope he gets you to take him shopping soon....

Lynne the countdown coming right along now with the holidays approaching the time will fly by and you and Jerry will be in Florida in no time..

Lloyd can't wait to see pictures of the Jeep when you get it finnished ground clearance is King... especially for rock crawling...

Charlie and Martha wish my plans hadn't changed would love to meet up at the Fair in Elm Mott...we were going to be in Waco that Friday and Saturday but not now....I'll explain in just a bit...

Rail sorry to hear about your BIL...those are some very nice pictures....that mine looks really neat...we have a coal mine that we go by on our way to my mom's in Waco and the size of the machines that do the work will blow your mind...

Well my son in law got out of the army and quickly got a job in Virginia so Wednesday me and the DW are going to help my daughter and grandkids move up there...I just can't let her a three year old and a two month old drive from Texas to Virginia pulling a trailer with all their stuff by herself....so Thanksgiving will be spent on the road....we will leave on Wednesday and hopefully get there Thursday night we will stop for the night is Tuscaloosa Alabama and after we get unloaded we will probably head back Saturday,....now the bad news is yesterday I went outside to trim the inner fender liners on my truck and slipped with the utility knife and cut my thumb pretty good....well six hours later and four stitches I have to go and see a hand surgeon to see if he can fix the nerve I cut...but the good news is I didn't cut the tendon so I just have a section of my thumb that is numb...but still hurts pretty good....lol...wife says I can't be left unattended any more...

I know I probably missed some of y'all and I apologize for that but I think I will try to go back to sleep for a bit... take care everyone I'll make coffee after a nap...lol

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 04:53 AM   #9939

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
morning,
currently 18 feels like 9

Joes doing well, and so am I
Tried getting the dash heater going yesterday with no success. we ordered a new Heater resistor the one we found is identical but is for a Ford the fan switch we ordered is for a Dodge.
Started to clean and unload stuff we haven't used.
MH goes in next week for a few items to be fixed.
rear leaf springs replaced
new air lines for the air bags
manifold gasket
oil sending unit
front end checked out

rail
I ordered a Standly heater should be here by end of week.

frank ,
Joe and I would like too see some pics of the Alfa 5th wheeler package. We have been thinking about it and parking it in Yuma and keeping the PA in Minn.

Lynne,
you'll be retired so take the time too smell the roses, we take a week to get to Yuma. Great talking to ya last night, it was nice hearing from you.

Lloyd,
Great aerial video of the homestead on FB how is your roof in a heavy rain? Loud? I've always wondered. Hoping they get your MH up and ready sooner than later.
We are planning on leaving next Sunday for Yuma and hope too get there before Gordon and Janet leave for Christmas on the 6th. Sounds like the produce is coming from our friend.

Wroughtnharv your in the foothills aren't you? we'll have to have a small M&G this season.
Man I can't wait to get down there.
Thanks everyone again for the preayers for Joe and I
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:49 AM   #9940

Good morning all!

Carolina blue sky, 49.

Mk, wow. Hope they can repair that nerve easily. Should have cut the one that is causing you pain right now! LOL Yes, the Jeep is going to be great. My buddy Larry is a rather famous race car builder,,,, speacilized in off-road. We may truss the front axle in a couple weeks. Where in Virgina would you be headed to?

Tim, the roof has plywood and tar paper under it. It is very nice to hear the rain on it,,,,, makes you sleepy. We didn't spend the extra money on a standing seam metal roof, ours only has a 60 year warrantee. I'll be 122 years old, not worried about it. Sounds like the PA is coming together. That would be a great idea, to have a perm rig in Yuma, sure would make the trip their easier.

Frank, the entire big challenge of a new res fridge is getting through the door, but you know that. Gonna need some strong healthy friends. Don't get hurt.

Rail, great pics. Sorry about your BIL. Please pass on to Jira our prayers.

Polyurathaned the walls of Larry's trailer yesterday first coat. Back at it this morning for the second coat. Then I am wiring in 110v interior LED lights. Then epoxy flooring. His trailer is very nice, all aluminuim like Gordon's.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote

« Total Rebuild | - »