Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2015, 03:56 PM   #995

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Me too Jay, me too.

I understand the fun with a tractor and plowing but I just want winter done. One of the things I really look forward to with retirement is being somewhere warm in the winter and not here in the snow and cold. Just 34 more months and I am out of here.

One of the things that I will have to figure out is what to do with the MH the winter of 2018. I will retire Jan 7th 2018. It is cold and snowing and we have salt on the road. I don't want to drive it in the salt and snow so I may leave it here for winter 2018 and just go crash at my sister's in Texas. Spend a month or two with her then go see our brother in NC. Spend a month there and then come back to MI.

Or, do I drive the MH down somewhere warm and store it and drive the car down to it and take off from there? Oh decisions, decisions. Got time though and I can worry about it later.

Have a nice day all, see you Wed. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2015, 07:55 PM   #996

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
A few of the people here at the park bring their units down in October or the first part of November and pay the 6 month lot rental and then drive the toad back north till after Christmas with the family. It seems to work for them quite well.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:45 PM   #997

Winnebago Owners Club
We drive down and fly back for Christmas.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:13 PM   #998

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, everyone! Yes, the coffee is tasting very good today! Been a long couple of days, packing up for the month long trip! Should be a hoot! I will be off line for a day or so, till I get the pre-paid data package bought? Any ideas on which is the best? I always had Verizion before I left, but I want to do the pre-paid thing this time. I will buy a Go-phone pre-paid sim for my phone, and I have a Wi-Fi that I can put a sim in for data. Just need for a month, so don't need a contract! Ideas?? Rail!
Old 03-24-2015, 04:05 AM   #999

Fleetwood Owners Club
Rail I don't have a clue, but welcome home.

Good morning! Even though I'm up early, yesterday it got up in 80s and I over did it in the yard. Sun felt good while out working in the flower beds with DW but body is making me pay for it now. Thankfully the pain meds will kick in soon! Have a great day!
Old 03-24-2015, 05:29 AM   #1000

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Lynne, What Frank said about bringing the RV down then coming back later is a great idea, it's something that I may have to look into because DW can't retire just yet ether. Rail, I don't know the best way to do that ether, someone should be able to jump on and say, I think Verizon has a pay as you go plan. Tim, I can relate I do that all the time, all feels good until the next day and ooooh why did I do that . Have a great day all.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:35 AM   #1001

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently +28
Feels like +18
No sun yet,
huntnski,
I was working in the yard last week, took the med's before I started went over the yard to pick up some leaves. Yesterday I got up and had 5 inches of snow
Will it ever end.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 06:23 AM   #1002

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Tim, I feel your pain, this morning its 4* no snow but this cold is getting old.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:34 AM   #1003

Tiffin Owners Club
Good Morning. Coffee is doing its job and tasting as good as ever.

Currently - 53* Heading for a sunny 86 today.

Steadily going up each day. Saturday forecast calling for 94. Knowing that that is 5 days away and much can change in that time, it's most likely a conservative forecast. Yup, gonna be a long hot summer. Time to plan the "let's go north" trip (s).
Old 03-24-2015, 06:37 AM   #1004

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good morning All,

I did something this AM I very rarely do, I called in. That neck injury I had 3 yrs ago sometimes flares up and makes me miserable. It started about 4 days ago and yesterday at w--k was miserable. I had to fight to stay on my feet all day. Just couldn't do it this morning. Headache, left arm numb, and legs tingling. Just going to sit on ice and heat all day and do the incline bench to get it right.

Coffee is good though and it is 19 outside this AM. Sheesh, this cold weather can take a hike anytime now. Frost on the yard this AM but it is better than snow.

Leaving the MH down South of MI in 2018 seems real appealing to me since it would allow us to have it for the 3 or 4 months of traveling right after I retire..

I do have a question though. I called insurance co yesterday and found out the following. I can insure the MH for (fire, theft, wind, and vandalism) most of the year. I can call them when I plan to take it out or drive it and have full coverage put on it and then call back and put to storage when I get back. Sounded great to me, is this normal?

Hope you all have a nice day! Lynne
Old 03-24-2015, 07:54 AM   #1005

Lynne, I'm in the bring it down and park it crowd.

If you want, I'll offer this. Park it in a lot close enough to me that it's not real far and I'll check on it from time to time while you're up North.
There are several nice RV Storage lots not too far from me and are actually along my beaten path.

And when I know you're coming in I'll go make sure it's ready to go for you Guys when you get here.

I've got time!

If you'd like you can PM me and we'll exchange Phone Numbers so you can Google the area lots and we can discuss you options. I'm Northwest of Fort Worth TX. 15 Miles East of the Texas Motor Speedway.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:03 AM   #1006

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning everyone;
Hope everyone has a grand day.

Lynne - I hope you are able to sort your neck out quickly and get some pain relief. Cannot be fun when you are unable to move without pain. Sometimes it even hurts to move your eyes. Hope the MH negotiations are going well and in your favor.

Hope everyone who is out gardening are having a quick recovery. I have observed it hurt the most on the third day! I am starting to think about gardening. This is my way of getting in shape before actually going out and doing it. I hope that getting in shape will help to avoid the pain.
Old 03-24-2015, 09:08 AM   #1007

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning!!

Lynne - we have several vehicles we insure that way. The Italians and the Nova as well as a small pickup we use for hauling junk around are always covered for fire and theft etc but when we want to use them we just call the insurance company and we are fully covered for whatever period we need. So yeah, pretty common.

Coffee is tasting good but the news I got yesterday at the surgeons office was rather bitter. Says fixing the labral tear is a waste of time/effort since I also have arthritis (osteo) in the left hip. He says full replacement is my best option since the tear repair has less than a 50% chance of success in relieving my pain. I was not expecting this news at all. I'm only 54 in a few months for the love of Pete. Way too young to need a new hip.

So looks like I will be living a better life through chemistry until next winter. Doc says we should push it out as far as possible. But then he is experiencing the pain or life on pain killers. Oh well, is what it is.

There, I took your minds off all that bad weather for a min.

Keep warm Terry.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #1008

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Old car nut,

Sure did take the mind off the weather. Sorry about your hip. A girl at w--k had hers done and she is 54. She's doing great now. Good luck with it either way. I am 62 and have to have my right knee replaced. Hoping to wait until Jan or Feb or March. OK, I plan to put it off as long as I can.

Glad the insurance is this way cause it will save a lot of money until we go out on the road after retirement.

Curtis, My sister lives by Beaumont and I really appreciate you offering to check on it for me. As we get close to retirement, I would love to do that. I figure if I take off 2 weeks in October and go see her and then leave it down there in storage it would be good to just drive down and take up where we left off. Would also be nice to meet some of the people you make friends with here on IRV2 Thank you for the offer.

Had 2 pops in the neck a little while ago and 3 in the mid back earlier and the pain is much better. Had I gone to work this AM it would just have tightened up more and never come out. Good heating pad and ice packs. Every once in a while I have to take a Vicodin but I an very leery of taking them unless it is real bad and I can't get relief any other way. Maybe it was your good wishes Gordon that popped it back into place. Now just have to deal with the sore muscles. Good thing I am off tomorrow.

You gardeners take your time working out there until your body gets used to it. I am eager for our asparagus to start coming up but that is still a month away up here. Then it will be gang busters until it stops. Love asparagus!

Lynne