Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2017, 08:31 AM   #10165

Gulf Streamers Club
Frank, you could make a secret storage place for valuables or defensive weapons.

r&e

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2017, 09:07 AM   #10166

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Going to be a grand day. Currently on the cool side but mid 70 predicted.

Starting to get ready to head home. Not high on my wants list but have to admit I am starting to get a bit antsy. Will be good to get back to do a bit of snow clearing (much better when you don't have to do it).

Have a rack of ribs in the sous vide. Ribs were on sale for 0.99 so picked up a rack. Been in for about 12 hours with another 6 to go. Good looking ribs but did not have enough space in the freezer to stock up. After we eat the ice cream down there will be more room, maybe! Never can have too much ice cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Gordon, I tried eating Diesel's food for about 3 months, at the end I still could not jump up on to the back of the couch,,,,,,,,,,, but I did have strong urges to burry my Poo! Deb made me stop!
LOL It has not taken me that long. I have not tried to jump on the back of the couch because I know Janet will spray me with a spritz bottle but the neighbors think there is a bob cat leaving the large mounds behind their MH!

Going to spend much of the day sorting through stuff and selecting what to take home. Have a bunch of parts for a friend and have to make sure I get all of the parcels.

Everyone have a glorious day.
Old 12-02-2017, 11:04 AM   #10167

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
ribs olala I like ribs what time is dinner?
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:11 AM   #10168

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
Good Morning, we survived a Yuma frog strangler this morning. It sounded like twenty black birds were line dancing for Rita and Frank on the roof. I think there was 16 rain drops on Lil Blu the toad when I went outside to survey damage. It’ll get to 80 this afternoon with light winds which means we’ll fight the Yuma dress quandary. How do you dress for paradise without looking like an old fool?

Lloyd, I was showing the pics of Rubi to Cuz and CIL. They have two Rubicon’s, one is the tenth anniversary with the leather and fancy little Jeeps on the wheels etc. The other is their toad and daily driver. His question was about the gearing, what ratio did you put in to power those bigger tires?

The only thing I’ve found to weld comfortably on cast iron is silicon bronze rod. I had an old bud that could braze it like a boss but I never picked it up. And Nirod was too iffy for me.

Frank the fridge looks great.

I’m attaching a photo of a big block for those wondering what Tim’s talking about. The valve cover is the long shiny thing if front of the three two barrels under the triangle shaped shiny thing. This one belongs to the guy across the street’s 67 he’s owned for 45 years.
Ha that would be a piece of cake ours is the other side and had that hose cross over valve cover so it needed to be removed. plus the plug wires, cruise control also.
I ordered sound proofing for the dog house. Really am hoping it will be at least a little quite.: thumb:
We are getting it . Last couple warm days too Going into the deep freeze next week.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 11:43 AM   #10169
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Have a rack of ribs in the sous vide. Ribs were on sale for 0.99 so picked up a rack. Been in for about 12 hours with another 6 to go.
What TIME and TEMPERATURE for those ribs? Do you add any seasoning before starting the process? I've tried a few things sous vide and am still learning. Thanks!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 12:54 PM   #10170

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk View Post
What TIME and TEMPERATURE for those ribs? Do you add any seasoning before starting the process? I've tried a few things sous vide and am still learning. Thanks!
I am going to do the ribs 20 hours at 145 in the original bag (no spice). Then take them out and grill at low heat for an hour at 225 and add dry rub and bbq sauce.

Tried with rub, etc in a bag last time. Found that I did not add enough spice so the final result was not spiced well. This one is an experiment.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:58 PM   #10171

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
I am going to do the ribs 20 hours at 145 in the original bag (no spice). Then take them out and grill at low heat for an hour at 225 and add dry rub and bbq sauce.

Tried with rub, etc in a bag last time. Found that I did not add enough spice so the final result was not spiced well. This one is an experiment.
Took the ribs off at 18 hours. Opened the bag and added my spices. Going on the grill for a while now.

Update after dinner.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:58 PM   #10172

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Just got back from WII Bowling a little while ago, busy day today.
Charles,
I probbly could make the space into useable for something, but I think it will be more trouble than it is worth. I can make it look original with just a face on it with the spare parts that we removed. putting a floor in it will only leave a space about 4" tall, then putting the door on it will leave an opening about 3", not enough to put your arm through.
Harvey,
Thanks for the flowers, it is appreciated especially from someone that knows quality work. I will show everyone the finished product once I get done, may not be until after the 1st of the year. We have to get started clearing stuff out of Dad's house so it can go on the market after the 1st of the year.
Gordon,
Rita and I love ribs, so you will have to show us how you do it next winter. We will bring the wine/beer or other spirits, lol.
Everyone have a great evening,
Frank.
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:23 PM   #10173

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee was extra good today!
Opened a fresh bag of beans, that Jira got for me yesterday, they come from about 100 miles north of us grown up in the mountains by the hill tribes! 100% Arabica beans, and when I grind them the whole house smells good!

Harvey, that "67" 427, 3 deuce, Vette, W/AC, is sure a nice one!
I had a 427, 425 HP, single 4 barrel, (LB block) out of a 69 Vette, in my 68 Camaro! Man that car would haul a$$!!

Gordon, the ribs are making my mouth water!

Lloyd, great news on the hyd's on Miss Prissy, sounds like the shop is getting with the program now! Waiting on the final Pic's of Rubi, when she is all done! She is going to fit in the trailer, Right?

Tim and Joe, stay warm, been up there in the winter! Parked "Big Red" (my old semi), at the TS just on the south side of Lakeland, 50* out, went to stay with the BIL and SIL at there house, got up the next morning, got a cup, went in to the den, looked at the temp on BIL's computer,
-10*! I had shut off my truck, Generator Too! So BIL ran me back up there, got in, Dang it was cold, memory foam seat hard as a rock! Turned the key on and off about 3 times, letting the glow plugs heat up good, hit the start button, RRRRRRAHH, RRRRRRAHHHHHH, RRRRRRRRAHHHHHHH! And it started! Got back in the bunk, did the same thing for the diesel generator, got it started too, fired up the Stanley heaters, both of them, and we went back to BIL's house, for breakfast! When I went back to my truck in a couple of hours, jumped up in the drivers seat, bang, hard as a rock?! I forgot to turn on the front heater?! Got back in the bunk area, nice and toasty!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 12-02-2017, 09:56 PM   #10174

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow Stan you were really lucky it didn't gel up! I've heard you can just about freeze your hands off changing filters.

Well gang, got a new toad. I decided to retire the old Ranger to local farm duty. I found a 2011 Lincoln MKX with about 99,000 miles on it. Made a pretty good deal on it. The car lot dealer put new rear rotors and brakes, a new door sensor, and new tires on it for me free before sale. That was good of him I thought, saved me a couple grand. It's quite a neat vehicle, I'll post pics soon. I'm already liking not crawling on the ground unhooking drive shaft etc. It wasn't hard really, just time consuming and dirty, and not fun in bad weather.

Got her hooked up with 10,000lb Roadmaster Nighthawk II, and the 9700 braking system. Works pretty well!

Gordon you can swing by East Tennessee and drop off leftover ribs can't ya? I'll give you directions, let me know, hahaha! Kidding.
You're leaving Yuma already? I thought you stayed till Spring. If you already explained that sorry, I forgot.

Ron how's ole Emmett doing?

Tim, glad you guys are doing better. Good luck with the PA.

Everyone else take care, stay well.
Lynne, a month will fly by, tick tock!

W.D. (Bill)
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:22 AM   #10175

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
"Wow Stan you were really lucky it didn't gel up! I've heard you can just about freeze your hands off changing filters."

Well, when ever I was heading up that way, I always treated my fuel with Howe's, or Power Service, anti gel, fuel treatment, and when it got really cold, I would run #1 fuel! I learned the hard way many, many years ago!

Well gang, got a new toad. I decided to retire the old Ranger to local farm duty. I found a 2011 Lincoln MKX with about 99,000 miles on it. Made a pretty good deal on it. The car lot dealer put new rear rotors and brakes, a new door sensor, and new tires on it for me free before sale. That was good of him I thought, saved me a couple grand. It's quite a neat vehicle, I'll post pics soon. I'm already liking not crawling on the ground unhooking drive shaft etc. It wasn't hard really, just time consuming and dirty, and not fun in bad weather.

That's a really nice toad, for sure! Good luck with it! Rail!
Old 12-03-2017, 06:31 AM   #10176

Good morning all!

41 this am, very foggy. Supposed to be back to mid 60's.

Electra, great new toad. They are really nice.

Harvey, Rubi has stock gearing, however the Rubi's came with various options. I think ours has 5.38's. When we go off-road we always run in low range, she just creeps. We went with something new here, for years everyone has lifted their Jeep to install bigger tires. When at the Moab Saffari we saw a new trend. We installed high lift fenders, which gave us the tire clearance without the lift kit. Therefore the center of gravity stays low, great for side hills etc.. I love the look, sorta a low rider look makes it look wider.

Hi Rail! Yes, will fit in the trailer. We went snowmobiling one time in the tug hill flats of N.Y.. I stayed for the week, Deb took the truck home and went to work while I rode with buddies. I instructed her to make sure she got winter blend fuel. She did. When she returned the following weekend the temps went below -20. When we packed up to go home Sunday my Ford 7.3 started, but soon as we got moving down the road she would die. Made 4 or 5 attempts same results. Asked f she got the fuel, and which tank....... and found the winter blend was in the front tank, and the switch was on the rear tank!!!!! Ugh!!! Got going on the winter blend and drove to warmer temps.

Gordon, Deb does a really good rib recipe however slow cooks in the crock pot. They come out great.

Tim, how are you feeling?

Deb is headed to Delaware tomorrow morning. Her Dad is having minor surgery, she is going to spend the week with him and her Mom. If not for our friends Larry and Michelle being here in site #1, I would be unsupervised.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 07:49 AM   #10177

Carolina Campers
Goooodmorning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
... Just got back from WII Bowling a little while ago...

Frank,

What’s “Wll Bowling”? Is that the name of the place or a type of bowling? I have not been bowling for a long time, but years ago I was pretty good. Was something my family did together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
... found a 2011 Lincoln MKX with about 99,000 miles on it. Made a pretty good deal on it. The car lot dealer put new rear rotors and brakes, a new door sensor, and new tires on it for me free before sale. ...

Sounds like you will have a nice ride there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
... Opened a fresh bag of beans, that Jira got for me yesterday, they come from about 100 miles north of us grown up in the mountains by the hill tribes! 100% Arabica beans, and when I grind them the whole house smells good!

Rail,

That sounds like I need to come visit just to have some coffee.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
... Rubi has stock gearing, however the Rubi's came with various options. I think ours has 5.38's. When we go off-road we always run in low range, she just creeps. We went with something new here, for years everyone has lifted their Jeep to install bigger tires. When at the Moab Saffari we saw a new trend. We installed high lift fenders, which gave us the tire clearance without the lift kit. Therefore the center of gravity stays low, great for side hills etc.. I love the look, sorta a low rider look makes it look wider.

... Deb is headed to Delaware tomorrow morning. Her Dad is having minor surgery, she is going to spend the week with him and her Mom. If not for our friends Larry and Michelle being here in site #1, I would be unsupervised.

Lloyd,

Tell Deb we are sending well wishes to her Dad, and hope everything goes well.

Glad you’re friends are there, somehow I think an “unsupervised Lloyd” sounds like trouble...

Quote:
Took the ribs off at 18 hours. Opened the bag and added my spices. Going on the grill for a while now.

Update after dinner.

Gordon,

I am starting to dream about them ribs...

I went to see Ben (RV is Ben, C-RV is Jerry) yesterday. He’s in the shop getting all spiffied up. Work going fine, but dreading the bill...

Well, better go for now. Everyone have a great day and enjoy life to the fullest!

Ted & Kathleen
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:22 AM   #10178

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Really Frosty this morning at 30* but with the sun up it is gone already and heading to 45*. By Tuesday night I will not want to talk about the weather here. It does NOT look pretty!

Jerry has developed some mean cooking skills and does a very fine rib on either the grill or in a pot on the stove. He smokes them on the grill with a dry rub and I am thinking we are going to have to do a rib cook at M&G 2018. We Ladies could cook our favorite pass around dishes and get some veggies and dip and do the ribs. That area in the middle of the sites would be perfect for grills to be put and lawn chairs.

Lloyd, glad you are working on Rubi because I think you would be bored out of your mind if you didn't have her to play with. Friends being there helps too. When does your daughter move in with her rig and hubby?

Gordon, what kind of bag do the ribs come in that you cook them in it? How long will you be gone when you go home? Do you go home for Christmas every year?

Our daughter is not happy about the idea we will not be home for Christmas when I am done working. I told her she could come visit us wherever we are. My Brother comes to our place as well as our Son so they would be alone too. Thinking strongly about not leaving until December 26th 2018 to see how that works. Probably won't be much different than leaving January 10th, 2018. Haven't thought about going out early and coming home then leaving again. New to us so we'll figure it out.

Have you checked out the new member page ever? There are new people coming in all the time.

Ron, There is an E-Bike Forum. Saw it on one of the posts for the Rad-Bike FB page. Went to it and I think I am going to join so I can learn some stuff before buying mine.
I have the link if you are interested.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote