Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-04-2017, 05:33 AM   #10193

Good morning everyone!!!

Not a lot going on but we will be taking the 5er to an RV park this weekend to spend time with some friends....been a while....I am afraid I won't want to go back....lol....

Just took it easy this weekend but the new outside kitty...a.k.a. Ninja....got into some poison ivy and now I have it all over my face....it itches....lol

Have a great day everyone

Mk

Sent from my XT1650 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-04-2017, 07:38 AM   #10194

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohler30 View Post
Good morning everyone!!!

Not a lot going on but we will be taking the 5er to an RV park this weekend to spend time with some friends....been a while....I am afraid I won't want to go back....lol....

Just took it easy this weekend but the new outside kitty...a.k.a. Ninja....got into some poison ivy and now I have it all over my face....it itches....lol

Have a great day everyone

Mk

Sent from my XT1650 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
At the old welding shop I had goats for weed control. When you don't see poison ivy you don't think about it. I've never had it bother me. But my wife and daughter are really allergic to it. When I worked around it the routine was to strip down in the garage, clothes went into the washer and I headed for the shower. Because just handling my clothes would make my wife's life miserable for a week or more.

Back to the goats, daughter was babysitting a friend's two year old and we walked down to the shop. Two year old got into the ivy in the grass that the goats had mowed evidently. It didn't bother him, but wife and daughter broke out like crazy everywhere he touched them.

Wind is up around twenty miles per hour this morning in Yuma. Our awning is doing fine but its complaining about the wind is driving my wife crazy. I slept like I was hit by a sledgehammer (clear conscience works). She didn't (we ain't going there).

Next 15 days 70's highs with 50's lows, no rain. I think I'll have dates with my jalopena egg bacon cheese breakfast tacos.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:05 AM   #10195

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Like Harvey says today is a good time to be somewhere else. Rolled up the awning at 4am (just in case). Tomorrow is miserable with wind as well, supposedly a bit calmer. Ficus trees are dropping leaves and berries like crazy. Sounds like rain on the roof at times.

Texted with Tim for a while last night. He is still not doing as well as he should so is seeing the doctor today. I expect all the new meds he is on need some "adjusting". Hope this visit is productive for him.

Hope everyone has a better day than yesterday.
Old 12-04-2017, 09:27 AM   #10196

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
currently 53
Heat wave having a heat wave. (Grumpy old men)
by tonight in the teens.
Joes mom fell yesterday in the kitchen, took her to hospital and everything checked out so we are not sure what happened. Maybe tripped or the doggie's got in her way. She's in her 80ties.Glad nothing was broken.

I have a doc appointment this afternoon, just not bouncing back like before. Balance is way off, Still no signs of bleeding internally. I have to be on Coumadin until I get the watchman installed. Not happy about it but like everyone said do what the doc tell ya.

My Chicken noodle soup turned out great almost stew like consistency, Joe says too thick so he added a container of chicken stock. I'll try it after doc appointment this afternoon, if I can wait that long... was pretty good last night.

I tried to talk Gordon into letting me fly down to Yuma to baby sit the Tour but he already found a friend of ours next door kind of bummed...

Lloyd hoping and praying for Debs dad and the surgeon's for a complete success on surgery.

My sound proofing materials for the doghouse have been shipped, can't wait hope it will help.

Joe re-installed the valve cover last night and is out checking to be sure we got the leak fixed. Keep your fingers crossed. I am going to re-attach the trim around the bottom of the doghouse with contact cement.

Ordered my fruit cake from Texas I know not many care for it but this place has the best that I have every had. Can't wait, it comes but once a year.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:34 AM   #10197

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. Emmett update. Last night I had not seen him for 10 minutes. Ominous feeling, you remember, when your kids were TOO quiet. Went to the kitchen. Found Emmett. He was enjoying pizza on the floor of kitchen. He had removed the trash bag from the steel trash can. Can is 26" tall with a lid. Can was still upright and closed? I have already put a bungee on this trash can because he would tip it over and indulge. So we are now in discussions about how he was able to REMOVE a trash can bag from a closed trash can. I am not optimistic he will be forthcoming.

r&e

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:50 AM   #10198

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Luck with your doctors appointment Tim.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:14 AM   #10199

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Top of the day to everyone!

Just stopped by for a moment to say X2 on the doc appt Tim. Glad Joe's mom is OK...my mom is 88. Got to be so careful of falling, just can't do it after a certain age.

Thanks for the Emmett update Ron. That pup is a TRIP! I'm laughing at the movie in my head....there he is, sprawled out chomping away......here you come and it's like, "oh hi dad! It's good, thanks!"

He probably wouldn't pull the shananigins but he knows he's loved. Ya got a good pal there.

Catch up later,

W.D. (Bill)
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:42 AM   #10200

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
My Chicken noodle soup turned out great almost stew like consistency, Joe says too thick so he added a container of chicken stock. I'll try it after doc appointment this afternoon, if I can wait that long... was pretty good last night.
Tim
Nothing wrong with chicken stew. Same as soup but with lots of vegetables and some wild rice. Even better the second day.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:28 PM   #10201

Winnebago Owners Club
Wind seems to have moderated a bit here. No one has shown up at Circle. Think it will be a miss tonight.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:37 PM   #10202

Gulf Streamers Club
Weather report for Austin, Texas. 84 here today. New record high. Wed high will be 48 with rain and wind. Is it too late to make a run for Yuma?

r&e

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 04:46 PM   #10203

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Weather report for Austin, Texas. 84 here today. New record high. Wed high will be 48 with rain and wind. Is it too late to make a run for Yuma?

r&e

Ron - there is a spot here for you and Emmett.
Old 12-04-2017, 04:55 PM   #10204

Check back in an hour and we'll tell you if the first batch of ribs got cooked in the "about an hour" cooker.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_19f1.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	385.9 KB
ID:	184701  
Old 12-04-2017, 05:14 PM   #10205

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening,

I think your wind has arrived here. It is blowing like blue blazes out there right now. Glad I got home when I did.

Ron, Emmett is a hoot for sure. I can just imagine that conversation between you two. You might want to invest in a camera to watch him and find out how he is getting into the garbage can. They can be very ingenious. Maybe you should have named him Houdini!

Oh Harv, It's only been two days since I had ribs and that picture is making me hungry for them again.

MK, if I got in that poison ivy I would end up on steroids to get rid of it. Can't get rid of it on my own, have to do the steroids. Nasty stuff that.

Gordon, Next year there are going to be so many people there in Yuma from this thread you are going to think it is an extended M&G. Have a safe trip home when you go.

Night all, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:43 PM   #10206

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post

r&e

You have time
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9B88A19A-02EF-403D-91BC-4085F1FA01F2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	325.3 KB
ID:	184718  
Wroughtnharv is offline   Reply With Quote