Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2015, 09:59 AM   #1009

Winnebago Owners Club
Hey Jay;
Thanks for the effort to distract us from the weather. It worked but would sooner have kept debating the weather than a hip replacement. This is disappointing news but there is an upside.

All the information we have been able to gather is hips are less painful with a quicker recovery than knees. Also the pain of the hip goes away immediately. It is replaced by incision pain for while but that goes away quickly as well. Janet gets hers in two weeks and she is looking forward to it.

I have had two friends have hip replacement in the last three years. Both were successful and both said the pain went away immediately. One was able to travel with doctors approval after two weeks. He rode his Ultra Classic 3 weeks after surgery. Way too soon but he got away with it. He also had both shoulders replaced, one six months later and the other a year after the first shoulder. He is looking forward to the second hip but the doctor says it is not ready yet.

Whatever decision you make will be the right one. Hope the pain is not too high until the work is done.

Lynne - glad to hear about the improvement. Hope it continues to quickly get better.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2015, 12:06 PM   #1010

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Lynne, I'm in the bring it down and park it crowd.

If you want, I'll offer this. Park it in a lot close enough to me that it's not real far and I'll check on it from time to time while you're up North.
There are several nice RV Storage lots not too far from me and are actually along my beaten path.

And when I know you're coming in I'll go make sure it's ready to go for you Guys when you get here.

I've got time!

If you'd like you can PM me and we'll exchange Phone Numbers so you can Google the area lots and we can discuss you options. I'm Northwest of Fort Worth TX. 15 Miles East of the Texas Motor Speedway.

That reminds me of a post sometime back where a guy was asking if it was ok to leave his refrigerator running in his 5 wheel over at the lake. He had the spot year round and said he liked to keep some beer cool for when he arrives at the lake.
I, being the expert I am and kind, nice and friendly told him if he would pm the address of the 5er I would go by and make sure the beer was chilled properly! Amazingly others offered to come by and make sure the pretzels weren't stale, the meat in freezer wast freezer burned, let him know when charcoal was low etc. This forum is full of nice people!
Old 03-24-2015, 12:18 PM   #1011

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Tim,

It's one of the things I love about this forum. People are always willing to help. I think I would leave mine **** off and sine I don't drink beer it would be pretty boring for anyone. Might have to find out what Curtis likes though and bake him a pie.

Retirement can't come soon enough! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 12:34 PM   #1012

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Gordon - Thanks for that. Appreciate that encouragement.

I know the hip surgery is pretty straight forward these days. Doctor says you're up walking the same day and it heals much faster then knees or the labral tear surgery.

I'm just bugged that I will have to go on pain meds so I can get things done. I will just have to adjust. Adapt and overcome.

When I consider the things others deal with it's small potatoes to have hip issues. It could be something terminal or someone close to me terminal. I could be on the battlefield (or have a loved one out there) risking life & limb with every breath. Thanks to all that serve and that includes their families. Much love and respect.

I'm thankful that I am otherwise in good health and so are those close to me. We will still be hitting the road this year FT and pursuing our dream of owning a beautiful class a home all while young enough to get in 20+ years doing it if we choose.

Just have a lot to do yet to get there and it may be August as opposed to May. At least it's not years to go. When I asked to be taught to have patience I didn't mean a doctorate in the subject.

Huntski - thats a funny story. How do I get in on that?

I'll make sure the scotch and cigars are fresh and properly acclimated.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 01:00 PM   #1013

Winnebago Owners Club
Jay - Janet uses Tramodol (supposed to be non addictive but can form a dependency) rather than a narcotic. Was recommended by a nursing friend of ours. Janet does not like the opiate side effects. She says the Tramodol works well for her but lately the pain is increasing. Only 12 days!
Old 03-24-2015, 01:13 PM   #1014

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Jay - Janet uses Tramodol (supposed to be non addictive but can form a dependency) rather than a narcotic. Was recommended by a nursing friend of ours. Janet does not like the opiate side effects. She says the Tramodol works well for her but lately the pain is increasing. Only 12 days!
Thats the plan Gordon. We shall see. Opiates jack me up like speed. Then I can't sleep worth a darn at night. Hate them.

Hope Janets procedure goes well. I bet she is getting excited to have the problem solved.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #1015

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, It looks as though this bunch is going to drive the TSA officers nuts if we all went to fly at the same time, we will all be setting off the metal detectors. Jay sorry to hear the hip has got that bad, good side is after there will be no pain. Take care.
Old 03-24-2015, 05:09 PM   #1016

Fleetwood Owners Club
I hear the latest thing out in hip and knee replacement for old car nuts and Harley riders is greese fittings on the parts!
Now I could be wrong!

Serious note- life style changes will control a lot of post surgery pain! Manage your activity and (wait for it) weight control. I personnel use swimming as my physical activity to burn off my over eating. It burns calories with minimum impact on my back. Do have to use the pain pills sometimes too, but not as much or often.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:58 PM   #1017

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntnski View Post
I hear the latest thing out in hip and knee replacement for old car nuts and Harley riders is greese fittings on the parts!
Now I could be wrong!
Brought a smile to me as I thought "Hmmmm - wonder if you use mineral or synthetic grease?"
Old 03-24-2015, 09:14 PM   #1018

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Brought a smile to me as I thought "Hmmmm - wonder if you use mineral or synthetic grease?"
Old 03-25-2015, 05:25 AM   #1019

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
They use pig valves in the heart so I am sure they would use pig grease. Sueeeeee!

Morning All,

It's 34 in MI this am and the road is wet. Not a full out rain but just wet. We could sure use the full out rain to wash all that road salt off. There is quite a wind though so who knows what is coming in. Just starting to get light out.

I love the sense of humor you all have on here. Even though life is sometimes throwing you a curve ball you still keep hitting away but that is what it is about.

The neck and back are better this am but glad I am not w--king today. This is the worst flare up I have had since the accident and fusion and hope I don't have another one. Not good at all. I don't like narcotics but had to break down and take some to get it under control. Just aches like I chopped wood for hours yesterday and I haven't done that in years.

Coffee is good this am but then I wouldn't drink a bad cup, I would throw it out. It always smells great too. Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:41 AM   #1020

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning All,
Lynne,
Hope that your pain goes away soon and that you get back to feeling like yourself today. I agree with you about the humor, I get a chuckle or two myself.
Gordon,
I would imagine that synthetic would be better, less chance for an allergic reaction.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:26 AM   #1021

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Talking about greasing up your joints, they really do . Before I had the left knee done I went in every two weeks for two months, they injected Chicken Collagen into the space between the joint, it worked for about a year . But I did have a strange yearning for bird seed.............
Old 03-25-2015, 06:49 AM   #1022

Gulf Streamers Club
Cluck, cluck. s Good morning all. Today we are on the road. Just going to Cedar Hill State Park, just south of Dallas. Couple of hours drive. Planning to stop in Glen Rose to stroll around the town square. Cool old town. And this is the place that has dinosaur tracks visible in the Paluxy River. Will visit Southern Plains Cummins Thursday morning to put on dynometer. Need to check after replacing head and injectors.

Hope all have a safe and productive day.

ronspradley
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote

« Total Rebuild | - »