Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2017, 04:03 PM   #10305

Hi all!

Charlie, we love our Rubicon. Perhaps we can do a few trails at the meet and greet. There are some real nice trails in the area. We bought Rubi used. There are many that have never been off-road, like new. The alignment did the trick. Cool. Ms Prissy is scheduled for one as part of the repairs, 4 corner.

Frank, the kayak trip sounds nice. Glad you enjoyed the manatee's.

Papasaurus Rex made me laugh. My grandsons refer to their mother lovingly as Nagasaurus!!!!

Heading up to see Ms Prissy in the morning.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #10306

Gulf Streamers Club
Lloyd, hoping for good progress on Ms Prissy tomorrow. Glad that Deb's dad did OK with surgery and that she is back home safe.

Charlie, I am less than an hour away from you. I could be sweet talked into coming up tomorrow early afternoon with some Louie Mueller BBQ for a bite and visit. Living in Taylor Tx has its advantages.

r&e

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:02 PM   #10307

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening,
Watching Gwen Stefani's Christmas Special.
The Christmas Train was wonderful,
'the Camera guy had trouble and we didn't get it on film, brother had the same bad luck. I watched it from the kitchen window, Fabulous.
Then we sat down for spaghetti and meatballs made by Yours truly. And garlic French bread. .Cannoli's for desert .
Got Ruby out of the vet hospital late this evening, I was right and she is diabetic and will need insulin shots daily.
Cardiologist Appointment tomorrow. Hope I get approved, sure sounded like it when in hospital.
Glad to hear others are doing better. Continued healing with prayers going out to those in need.
Merry Christmas and A Happy New Year to all,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:09 PM   #10308

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning, Everyone! Coffee was very good today!

Tim, good luck with the Watchman install job, if it happens!

Dang this will be a short post today, I have to run Mai to the other side of town, to our other house, so she can do some cleaning and picking up the yard!

Back in a little while! Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 12-12-2017, 09:13 PM   #10309

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ron, we'd love to see you. We are in site #2, no bbq required. I have adult beverages to share! Check your pm's.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:17 PM   #10310
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
What do you buy someone who wants nothing and buys whatever they want when they want it? So much for my brother!
Some quality time together?
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:04 PM   #10311

A busy day

Got in kinda late from my Dr. apt. Then we ran some errands while we were out. Went to vote for a bond issue about repairing the local schools. Fell asleep watching TV. DD is off work wednesday. I will try to get her to post my pictures. Lynne, I don't know why the rep. at social security told you that you could apply for social security disability. I heard the wait is four years to get a hearing. Most people get denied. After our hearing both myself and my DD with Autism got our benefits. A very inefficient system. The goverment has $ to blow as the lawyers get a percentage of the claim.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:08 AM   #10312

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Cold again this morning at 14*. Coffee was nice and hot though as well as a warm afghan while sitting here.

Ann, he has to tell you everything that is available to you. Part of the job. While you apply for disability, you do NOT get SS, so that is the catch. He said it would take 7 months for a decision. I know how government runs and know that would likely be twice that timeframe. Not going to do it anyway so not important. Just thought it was an odd thing to offer when I am turning 65.

Gordon, We had the same problem with several members of the family. When they buy whatever they want it leaves you with nothing to choose from. My sister I got crab legs for Christmas one year. She loved them and loved the gift. My brother I got gift cards at his favorite restaurant because he would use them. Jerry's Grandad, said no more shirts. He always wore a dress shirt and he had plenty. Going to the store was a problem for him in winter so we bought him meat and packaged it in single serving sizes for him. The next year he asked us to do that again. Ground beef, pork chops, chicken breasts, small steaks. Got him canned tuna, canned soups, whatever he had in his cupboards. He loved it.

One year Jerry bought me a packet of tickets for car washes. I loved that! Find out where she gets her hair done and buy her some trips there. She won't expect that from you. Or something Red Hat. Gas cards for your brother. Break it down to what they use but people don't think of as usual gifts.

My SIL wears suits to work so I bought him some lint brushes (the small pocket size ones) because he had trouble finding them. Stocking stuffers. It can be difficult to figure out what to buy each other. Janet got a Yeti mug recently, did she get the handle that is available for it?

Tim, sorry to hear about Ruby. Hope she feels better. The Watchman could fix a lot of issues for you so hope they can get that done soon.

Hope the rest of you have a good day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:20 AM   #10313

Good Morning everybody, hope you are doing well
ColeFalls44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 06:57 AM   #10314

Good Morning All.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”93 Coachmen Pusher 38' 8.3Cummings, 6sp Alison. "Roy"
olcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:52 AM   #10315

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Morning all,

46* in Salado, Tx. this morning. Sun is up over the lake with slight overcast. This is a really pretty place to CAMP. We're going to find a disc golf course somewhere nearby and play a couple of rounds today.

We are here for two more sleeps then off to the coast and Southern Oaks RV Resort. for two months.

Everyone have a great day.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:56 AM   #10316

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Thanks for all of the suggestions for gifts. The problem has been resolved. As suggested "care packages" for everyone. That way everyone will use up their gifts which can be replenished next year.

Still above freezing here. Supposed to be like this for a few more days. Temps are slowing declining each day. Still snow on the ground so looks like we are going to have a white Christmas.

Applied for and got a burning permit for the burning pile in the back yard. This will be a days work to fire it up and then watch it burn down. Keep thinking it would be good for a weenie roast. Would have to start it a day ahead to have something anyone could stand close enough to unless you had a 10' stick! Perhaps time to plow out the fire pit!! Too windy today but soon.

Tim - Keeping fingers crossed for a positive answer for the Watchman from the decision team and prompt action to installing it. Hope all works out for Ruby. Shots plus a strict diet will give her a good quality of life.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:27 AM   #10317

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Again,

Woke up to it snowing this morning and it still is snowing. Went to the dentist and the roads are a bit touchy already. 17* still and going up to a whopping 22* by 4pm. Expecting another 3-6 inches, probably 3 on the ground right now. Visibility reduced to zero.

The drive into work tomorrow is not going to be fun. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:31 AM   #10318
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Tim - Keeping fingers crossed for a positive answer for the Watchman from the decision team and prompt action to installing it. Hope all works out for Ruby. Shots plus a strict diet will give her a good quality of life.
Tim: Thinking positive about the Watchman for you.

You may remember that I wrote a while back about our experience with our Maine Coon cat. He acquired diabetes sometime in mid-late life. We gave him insulin shots daily for quite some time. We also changed his diet to what the vet recommended. The combination got him through for quite some time. We took him in for periodic checkups, of course. After some time on the new diet (months?) the vet had us decrease the insulin dosage, then finally stop the shots completely. His blood sugar level returned to normal. As Gordon mentioned, we were strict with his diet. We kept him on that diet for the last few years of his life. His quality of life was quite good. Old age finally caught up with him.

Best of luck for both of you.
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote