Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-25-2015, 06:53 AM   #1023

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning, Talking about greasing up your joints, they really do . Before I had the left knee done I went in every two weeks for two months, they injected Chicken Collagen into the space between the joint, it worked for about a year . But I did have a strange yearning for bird seed.............
Bird seed, minor problem, propensity to cross the road, major problem.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-25-2015, 06:54 AM   #1024

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently +33
Feels like +27
Going up too +42
Whoopee.
2" fell last night
Yep some great humor here, seems like my first smile is on this thread.
Sat in the car all afternoon yesterday with the girls, Jo had a appointment.
I drove thru the Car lot next to the place Found a nice Ford Taurus I liked but would love this,
http://build.ford.com/dig/Ford/Musta.../1/vehicle.png
I didn't think it would take 3 1/2 hours
Then I drove to the Minnesota river where I first was introduced to water skiing @ 6-7 yrs old Dad Driving the boat and Mom teaching me. I might add that she was deadly scared of the water, But with her Life-gacket she was fine and boy I remember some pretty wicked rides.. The Boat ramp is still there but really updated. The street end's there, yep drive right into the river if you don't know the road.
Coffee is good but like "Beamsil" said I wouldn't drink it if it was bad... Going to get some High Test this afternoon, Dunken Donuts brand (sp) Now that's some coffee there.
That's all I got.
Gotta go get ready for the Surgeon's Appointment @ 10
Have A Great Day Ya'll
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:02 AM   #1025

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning.

Breezy and rainy this morning. Coffee is perfect. MMMM MMM

You folks are killing me with the joint jokes. Almost ruined the laptop while reading and drinking the coffee. TSA, chicken grease. How many miles between lubes? Do they put a sticker on your forehead to remind you?

Lynne - Hope you feel better. Neck pain sucks. You can't even breathe without feeling it.

Only productive thing I got done yesterday was to talk to a couple of auction houses about selling our junk. DW is sceptical about that route. We will see if they can convince her otherwise when they come by. I like the idea of no hassle. She thinks someone will bid a dollar on everything. Told her if that were the case I'd bid two dollars and we could keep it, then told her to make sure my allowance was paid up before the auction.

Anyway, some of the stuff that was going to be at this weekends garage sale has been pulled. We can always do another one if we pass on the auction route.

Have a great day, safe travels if you're on the road.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:03 AM   #1026

Winnebago Owners Club
Jay - good luck with the auction. Parents did that when they downsized and it worked well. Same for FIL. He had great success. It really gets rid of the hassle. Sometimes you have to save your allowance and part with the memories. If you are not using the article it has a zero value to you other than the potential to be used in the future. Janet keeps telling me that but does not want to sell the house yet, so I rationalize that we have place to store stuff so why sell.

Coffee is great. I started blending my own. Nothing fancy - just take different roasts and mix them. Another thing to keep me occupied. There was a time when construction coffee was OK as well.

It is great that Lynne is feeling better and has a DAY OFF.

Tim - good luck with the appointment. Keeping good thoughts for a successful visit.

I quite enjoy the humor on the thread. I wonder what would happen if we were all sitting around a fire and telling stories. I am afraid I may have to prepare with double Depends as I think the humor would build.

Janet is really hurting and looking forward to surgery. The drugs help but are being overwhelmed by the pain. She is at max dosage. We are starting to "hermit" in order to avoid any chances of getting a virus, etc. It would be devastating to have surgery postponed again.

Chickens crossing road? Watch out for snowbirds during their annual migrations. Better look both ways before crossing!

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:13 AM   #1027

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Gordon,
Wish the best for Janet, hope that the pain eases until the surgery.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:49 AM   #1028

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good Morning everyone! Having a good time hanging out by Frank in Brooksville. Haven't been in the pool yet, but I will. Sally is busying herself getting fleas off the dogs after 2 weeks at her sisters' with all the cats they have, they don't believe in spending any money to get rid of the fleas on them. I couldn't deal with that! We are also slowly getting things aranged in the MH to make it more habitable. Cleaning and finding new places for stuff, it is a challenge but also rewarding finding out how little space one must have to be comfortable! Hope everyone finds relief from whatever is bothering them! I too am not a fan of pain meds, but then my major ailments are usually related to doing everything myself even if I should seek assistance. Hopefully this MH thing will be good for Sally as she has had heart problems for years and has 14 or 15 stents in her chest now. It is wonderful in this country how you work all your life and pay in but when you get older they (Medicare) tells you certain things aren't viable options for you, yet they will do transplants and other things for people from other countries? Oh well, she's a toughy! Stay Well, Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:47 AM   #1029

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning everyone! Hope all of you get to feeling better today. Catch ya later, gonna do some work on the MH. Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:53 AM   #1030

Hey Ya'll. I'm still here just been busy. Another late night but Melissa and I are headed to the gun range for some practice so I'm awake at sunrise for a change. Early Bird rates at the pistol range are a great deal for us retired folks. We have an outdoor target spot in our neighborhood but it's muddy from all the rain and snow. Plus it's real windy today.

I made a coffee last night before I called it a night, so I'm about to fire up the microwave and get going this morning.

chicken jokes......... UH, ......... I GOT NOTHING!

Oh and Old Car you should post up a garage sale here. What tools do you have I might want?
Old 03-26-2015, 07:18 AM   #1031

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jay,
Good luck with the auction, It is worth it to have someone else take all the hassel out of cleaning out everything.
Curtis,
Wondered where you were, glad that you are still around and working hard
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:07 AM   #1032

Winnebago Owners Club
Have a great day everyone.

Weatherperson has predicted possible freezing rain later today. Have some meetings to but should be done before the event occurs if the weatherperson is right. Fingers crossed.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:09 AM   #1033

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently 28+
Feels like18+
Suns trying to shine.
No winds yet, been real windy the last few days.
Thanks Gorden,
"good luck with the appointment. Keeping good thoughts for a successful visit."
It must of done it No need to go back
Thanks.
We did have a nice conversation about pain meds, by the way while sitting in the waiting room I overheard the Receptionist on the phone about a person had called again to have there script re-issued it had been stolen, "again" yep twice in 1 month.
Okay
It's those types that make it hard for us that need them to make it thru the day. Really Ticked. The Doc agreed. There are those that MIS-USE them he said. Trust me I'm not one of them.The Pain Management I take has been almost the same since 2004

FastGlassMan,
I thought I was bad with 4, I feel for your wife they are not fun.

Going to go look for some new tire covers today, someone stole one while shes been sitting in the Drive. Boy some people. Why only one I'll never understand. Unicycle?

Off Soap Box,
Have a great Day, I will,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:47 AM   #1034

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning!
Clear skies and the sun is rising. Coffee is hot, fresh and tasty but a bit weak this morning. Maybe my taster is off.

When I read about others here and what they are going through pain and suffering wise, I have to say I feel like I need to just shut up. WOW Bobby, Sally has been through it huh? Janet can't get relief at all. Yeah, I need to zip it and be thankful. There but for the grace of God....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Jay - good luck with the auction. Parents did that when they downsized and it worked well. Same for FIL. He had great success. It really gets rid of the hassle. Sometimes you have to save your allowance and part with the memories. If you are not using the article it has a zero value to you other than the potential to be used in the future. Janet keeps telling me that but does not want to sell the house yet, so I rationalize that we have place to store stuff so why sell.
I've been saying that for a long time which is why there is so much of it. Still have not convinced DW and she is having a struggle with shedding a few things. Picked up a new scanner that has optical character recognition and she is scanning all the photos and docs. Will do 3 backups so nothing is lost if a drive fails. If we took all that paper with us we would exceed the weight limit before we even begin to put the required items on board. Must be 500 lbs of photos alone, and that before digital cameras and smartphones. (I just got punched for that)

Quote:
I quite enjoy the humor on the thread. I wonder what would happen if we were all sitting around a fire and telling stories. I am afraid I may have to prepare with double Depends as I think the humor would build.
Even if we began at breakfast I suspect we would all be up til the wee hours, sides and face in agony from all the laughter. A good time indeed. This is a great crowd and I look forward to every morning with you all.

Quote:
Janet is really hurting and looking forward to surgery. The drugs help but are being overwhelmed by the pain. She is at max dosage. We are starting to "hermit" in order to avoid any chances of getting a virus, etc. It would be devastating to have surgery postponed again.
So sorry Janet. Do stay well so you can get it done. The Prayer Warriors are busy working your case.

Curtis - Sell tools? SACRILEGE! Why do you think we are getting a stacker? Actually a lot of that stuff is going into a 20' container and headed for the ranch soon. Never know when I might get an itch to take on something like this. Terry has me wanting to rebuild something. Some of those shop tools are way to heavy and bulky to haul around. But I will keep you in mind should I selling anything. Gun range today? A capital idea!!

Have a great day everyone and may your burdens be light.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:51 AM   #1035

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Bobby, spread some borax on any carpet areas that the critters may have been near. Leave it there for at least a week. I know it's messy but it will kill any fleas that may be in the carpet and it kills their eggs too. Ends the life cycle, dries them out like a desiccant. Non toxic, wont hurt your pets or the carpet. Cheap too.
Old 03-26-2015, 03:15 PM   #1036

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Evening all,

Hate fleas and why anyone would let their animals be tortured by them and have them in their house is beyond me.

The 2000 Winnebago is gone. Someone else came in and bid higher than me. So it is gone. I will keep looking.

Otherwise, I w--ked today and although the neck was better it stiffened up and I will be taking a Vicodin and doing the heating pad tonight. Darn it hurts.

Well, you all have a great evening and will talk with you again later. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote