Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2015, 08:19 AM   #1051

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Good Morning, Jay, that bus reminds me of my first job, it was in a diesel shop and there was a COE ford semi that had a fire in the dash area, my job was to rewire that whole truck plus the air lines. It taught me patience and a whole lot about wiring, took me all winter on and off, (it was one of those jobs that sat in a corner waiting) To this day I love to work on automotive wiring. Hope the back continues to get better, take care.
Not sure it was patience I had or just no one else to help. Many years ago driving a 18 wheeler out in no where Texas I pulled up to a stop sign flames started dancing from under dash. My bag was strapped to doghouse so I grabbed it and jumped out prepared to watch the thing burn to the ground. Grabbed the extinguisher but by then flame was out and only smoke.

Motor still running but no headlights I was still stuck so I set about dismantling the dash and rewireding using screwdriver and pocketknife. Set there working on it for over two hours and never saw another vehicle. Finally got lights to burn and continued my trip. Oh the days before cell phones! Wasn't any sounds on CB either!

Good morning!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2015, 08:23 AM   #1052

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning everyone. Hope you have a great day.

Did not freeze again overnight and another warm day with some rain in the afternoon.

Thinking about changing the bucket on the tractor for the tiller. The garden became visible yesterday. It will clear quickly. I like to get out and turn it over several times so it warms up before planting. Never nothing to do.
Old 03-28-2015, 08:55 AM   #1053

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Good morning everyone. Hope you have a great day.

Did not freeze again overnight and another warm day with some rain in the afternoon.

Thinking about changing the bucket on the tractor for the tiller. The garden became visible yesterday. It will clear quickly. I like to get out and turn it over several times so it warms up before planting. Never nothing to do.
My garden got moved this year. Where it was is now in the middle of a new pasture. Disk the new pasture yesterday and seeded to jump start the grass growth. Light rain today and temps in 70s all next week should do the trick!
Old 03-28-2015, 09:04 AM   #1054

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning everyone. Great coffee/cocoa today. Missed our chance to spend last night at Mother Neff State Park because someone did not think reservations were necessary. So continued another 30 miles and am parking at my sister's, which is where I usually keep the MH parked. Maybe next time. Weather is beautiful this weekend here, blue skys and 80's. Brother is visiting also this weekend so great visiting time. Y'all have a great day.

ronspradley

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:21 AM   #1055

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning friends.

Cool, wet and breezy. Typical.
Coffee is hot and fresh (by the cup). Help yourself.

French toast and bacon coming up.

When I awoke this morning and moved around a bit in bed, back was pain free. Then I stood up. The disk is back in place but all the muscles are spasmed out. Grrrrr. I hate not being able to move around.

Since I have to sit on my backside all day maybe I will write for the blog. Maybe digitize more documents and photos. From the looks of things I can already see that storage array is going to require 2 more drives.

We already have a media server with four, 4 terabyte hard drives (16TB total) that we store all of our movies on that will go into the coach. We are giving all the DVDs to the kids.

Have a fabulous day.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 10:53 AM   #1056

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Late start this morning. Coffee was good though as usual. Have never tried the cold stuff from the day before.

Washing machine just broke a belt of course with a heavy load and water. Been wringing out the clothes and then husband is bailing water. He's real good at fixing things so we'll see if he can do this.

Jay, I understand what you mean about back being out. When those disc's move they are tortuous. I finally had to break down last night and take a flexeril. Those things knock me out. But, during the night I shifted in bed and snap, the disc went back into place. Feels so much better. Just very sore muscles now.

Wish I knew what I did to make it go out so I don't do it ever again.

Ya all have a nice day, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:01 AM   #1057

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Good Evening,
No weather updates to late and the day is almost over.
Had a over the top Day yesterday.
If anybody remembers I was having trouble with the PA's Onan 6.5 Gennie last fall I won't get into all that but the Mechanic didn't get the Choke adjusted correctly and didn't tighten it down.
They told us to bring it back this spring so we called and they got us right in yesterday.
It would start at the dash rocker switch but quit after about 30 -45 seconds. I could start it and keep it going by playing with the choke @ the Gennie.
So when we got there a different Mechanic came out to the MH and I showed him how I had to start it. I hadn't started it for maybe 2 weeks so she was cold. Temps were in the 20ties. He says first off that is not suppose to move (Choke housing) like you just moved it. Its suppose to be tight. So he went back into the shop and came out with some tools and fixed it in maybe 15 minutes he also re-adjusted the carb. Then he told me that the Gennie and the MH were really nice looking and clean
There was no charge, he also let me use there air hose to "again add air" to my "AIR-LIFTS" But that's another forum.
I can not give this place enough prays and will refer anyone to them. Top notch place.
Its a pretty nice place also, Its kind of a big place. There is one side that does MH's then there is a parts dept then the other end is for Semi's/Trucks Maybe 20 bays each end.
They also have power and a couple spots to stay while repairs are done.
It's Called CumminsNPower
St. Paul Branch, Minnesota
I highly Recommend them.
I know, they know Onan's.They also gave us a $100.00 Visa Gift card to be used on our next service.:eek
Just a couple blocks away was a Sam's and there gas Regular was $2.13 un-leaded So I filled both tanks and got out of there for under $150.00 it was such a great day Suns bright hardly any winds So we took about 100 mile detour back home.
I am soooo ready for spring and rains to wash all the salt off the roads
Have a good night what's left of it...
Tim
ps no coffee.
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:59 AM   #1058

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Tim, that's great to hear you got the gennie fixed so easily, it does seem to make a day so much nicer when things finally go your way. 10* this am, windy and a little snow yuck. Have a great day all
Old 03-29-2015, 03:11 AM   #1059

Good morning Ya'll!
Had an interesting time trouble shooting the 4 X 4 tonight. Ended up building a buzzer to help diagnose a fuel pump problem. Couldn't tell is the ECM and fuel pump relays were putting power to the fuel pump. So I built a harness to plug into the connector at the gas tank and tied an old pizzo buzzer I had laying in the bottom of the tool box to the connector. This way I can operate the ignition key and hear the electrical system cycle the fuel pump. And sure enough it all works. BUT NO FUEL to the filter.
So I've get to drop the skid plates and.the 36 gallon fuel tank now to replace the fuel pump. Good thing I have a few spare fuel pumps. A 93 Isuzu electric fuel pump will be had to find on a Sunday afternoon at a Vato Zone.

Should be a good Sunday for a ride to the That Place I go to every Sunday morning. Temps are in the 70's here.

Headed to bed. Got a early day tomorrow! ER Today!
Old 03-29-2015, 06:39 AM   #1060

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning group. Warming trend into 70s-80s called for today and coming week. Looking forward to a rally in couple weeks so we've been getting The Discovery ready. Still just a little hesitant to dewinterize! Weatherman has been wrong before! Have a great day!
Old 03-29-2015, 07:15 AM   #1061

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Good cup of coffee this am. It's 24 outside but another sunny day and looks are deceiving as it looks like Spring out the window. Going outside reminds you it is not over quite yet. Driving to w--k on Fri it was snowing but didn't stay.

Washer is done for. It's old and has more than paid for itself. Trying to find an "old style" washer dryer now is difficult. Reviews on the fancy ones has convinced me I want simple and older style. Just more stuff to go down. We have a local hardware store that has been here forever and will be going back today to order the new set. This place has almost everything you can think of. Can't find it at HD or Lowes, but you can find it at Schneider's.

Hope you all have a great day. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:49 AM   #1062

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Good Morning everyone! Hope the sun is shining wherever you are and it's warmth soothes your aches and pains! Getting ready to leave Brookville and Frank & Rita, going to mosey on up the road, take our last few days slow back home. Sally got bit by something and has a helluva rash by her hip, but it seems to be healing. Going to try to find a RV junkyard down here before we get out of Florida, they let you roam around down here, not like home where they won't even let you look in the yard. Well have a great day everyone! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:59 AM   #1063

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning all. Warm and vertical. Coffee/cocoa good. Sun came up. Bacon in the skillet. Going to be a great day.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:28 AM   #1064

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning everyone. Going to be a grand day. Sun is shining, temps not quite as warm as yesterday but still really nice.

Looked out at the back yard and I am starting to see a green sheen on the bare spots. That means will be hooking up the mower as well as the tiller. Think we will buy a zero turn this year. The tractor is too big to get close to the tree base so there is always lots of whipper snipping to do.

On the other hand some fence and a couple sheep may be the answer. Course then would have to get a sheep dog to keep them company and that would lead to cleaning up dog poop in the spring along with all of the leaves that fell after I did the clean up last fall. Zero turn it is then!! LOL

Starting to plan the motorcycle trip to Colorado. Taking about a month to tour to and around the area. Lots of things interesting to see. Surprizing to find out that the temperatures can get into the 90's. Not what you would expect being in the mountains. Need to get the motorcycle home and into the shop for some preventive maintenance prior to leaving.

Lynne - we changed to the front load when our old washer tired out. Janet really likes the new ones way better than the old top load we had. Uses less water, less soap and the cycles are faster, drying takes no time. Front loaders in the MH as well. Never have a RV unit without stacked washer dryer again.

Have a wonderful day everyone.