Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2018, 08:34 PM   #10683

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening Goodmorning crew,

Results from MRI are small particles of a blood clot
got into head and what happened happened. She wouldn't go so far as saying stroke.
So as of this after noon I have gone from 223 lbs in Sept to 259 tonight.

Okay bad day, Nurse gave me too much insulin and blood sugars dropped to 54. Not good soo they gave me OJ and peanut butter on gram crackers. Man o man what the heck man another scare I hate that feeling and diabetics out there knows exactly what I mean. I see my regular doc in AM and he will hear about it. She apologized for OD me. I told you this would happen. Not a happy camper.
Speaking of nurses the head nurse paid me a visit this morning and I filled her in on the blanket nurse too.
Thank you the prayers again hopeing this will be the last time.
Dads home someone missed me.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180110_172200_HDR.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	188305  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2018, 08:38 PM   #10684

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodmorning Everyone! Coffee is ok today!

Tim, I think Lynne's furnace has DSI and does not use a Thermo-coupler?
So glad you are feeling better! You gave us all quite a scare!
As everyone has said, "Do what the Dr.'s say!" And get out there and catch those fish!

Lynne, if there is a way to blow the furnace out good with compressed air before you call the RV tech, try that first, may save you some money!

We had a couple of hot days, now it is overcast, and 15* cooler!

Dang, in the middle of typing, and poof , post went to the place all the lost posts go? Well, this is the second rendition, so, it is what it is!

Everyone, have a great day! Rail!

Tim, you beat me to the post today! Hehehehehe!
Old 01-10-2018, 08:49 PM   #10685

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
^^^^ I must be getting better
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 09:49 PM   #10686

Winnebago Owners Club
Talked to Tim tonight. He is sounding really good. Has a really positive attitude. Everything is going to turn out well.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #10687

Tim so glad you are doing better.

We are keeping the prayers coming your way. Lynne,sorry you are having trouble with your RV furnice. One time we had trouble and had to tweak something as it wasn't making contact/sensing. Going to enjoy our 53* rainy weather on Thursday. By the weekend it is going to be 17* with 10 inches of snow on top of the rain fall. Many Flood watches in place. Some are sure to loose power. Missing our new monster truck. It is in the shop getting rust proofed and a painted on bed linner. Our mechanic for this is very fussy. We have known him for about 12yrs. He is in our camping club and his wife is a ER RN. Every time we get together we talk shop talk.The truck will be ready Friday or saturday. Depends on the drying time.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:13 AM   #10688

Good mews. I got Cupcakes approval to register for South Dakota! Yep she decided it would be OK for us to go about an hour after I made reservations. We will be in lot 38 which is directly behind Lynn and Jerry. I figure we'd be at each others throats in a week so I got us booked for August 23rd through the 30th. 8 days! You'll thank me later!

Tim, I'm relieved the foot has closed. That was a scary looking hole. One of my motorcycle riding buddies lost his leg below the knee last summer because of diabetes. We built him a push button air shifter so he can still ride. Ii wanted to build him a hand shifter like the old Vespas.

Our Active Shooter Class went real well. The guy doing the class and I hit it off. And as usual with any big group I had 19 confirmed to be there and 12 show up.

We'll Melissa just came to bed so I'd better quit before she throws me and the cat out.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:14 AM   #10689
bap

goooodmorninng,,

gonna be another great day here with the temp going to 70,,then back to winter droping to the single digits with snow and maybe a lot of snow,,

TIM,, great to see daddy back home,,,looks like you were truly missed,,

have a blessed day my friends
jeff
Old 01-11-2018, 05:49 AM   #10690

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
No rain this morning, mid 60s for lows and going to near 80 this afternoon. Golf today then buffet and dollar drafts. Should be fun, we have 8 4 somes.
Tim,
So glad that you are home. You need to watch that weight gain, I know that is easier said than done especially when you are flat on your back. You know that we are all here for you.
Lynne,
I am going to agree with Rail on either blowing out or using a vacuum and sucking up all the dust in the enclosure.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 06:25 AM   #10691

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Coffee is good sitting here and moving slowly because I do not have to go to work or anywhere I don't want to. Retirement is a nice thing. I remember Gordon saying it was the best thing he has done. I agree.

Got the rig sorted out yesterday, everything put away. Fixed breakfast and then we went for a walk. Sun was shining and it felt good. Snow still laying around in spots and that is strange. Then I took a two hour nap. Back has been sore from the riding in a car thingy so I needed to rest it.

RV repair guy came and looked the furnace over. One of two things. Either the mud dauber wasps we had in it (we cleaned their nest out first year we got Miss May) shook some loose we did not get and clogged something up or the control panel is done. It is a Suburban 3500? Furnace. He could not get the part before we leave so we are using the electric heater and doing fine.

The plan is we are going to take it out when we get to FL, clean it out real good, (check mud dauber wasp nests we might have missed), and if clean order another control panel. This was an old guy and he said our unit was newer than most he sees and should be fine with the two things done.

When Jerry took care of the nest, he cleaned and vacuumed the whole area. This will be another learning experience for us and part of our regular maintenance. Know where I can order this part if we need to?

Went to brothers and fixed blackened chicken penne and it was a hit. Not sure what we will do tonight. Gas here is $2.23. At home it was $2.36 and has gone up. 51* at home but going cold again. 55* here.

Tim, I am sure that nurse who overdosed you will be in dutch. They do not take that stuff lightly. Cut down on all sugar you can with your food and see if that helps with how you are feeling. Hopefully you can get the Watchman soon. Yes, your puppy misses you whenever you are gone. She doesn't like this either.

Talk with you later! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:18 AM   #10692

Freightliner Owners Club
Lynne,
We can find the part number for the control board on the Suburban website then check on Amazon for the part number. They had my water heater control board, so they should have it.
Frank
Old 01-11-2018, 08:45 AM   #10693

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good morning all,

Just sat down with my coffee, the temp is 65* here in Aransas but the bottom is supposed to fall out and we'll be back to colder temperatures again until late in the week next week. It is supposed to get really windy late this afternoon, with gusts to 50 mph. Our site is rather exposed to north winds so I may have to bring in the LR slide if it gets that windy, we'll see.

Martha has declared it beach day (actually a joint decision). The sun isn't shining but the beach is the beach. I guess I'm going to the beach..

I am still working on photo editing from out visit to the USS Lexington and will post the link once I get the blog finished.

It seems that owning a coach equals "endless repairs." Now our vent fan went out. It's incorporated onto the top of our microwave/convection oven so now I gotta figure out how to take that beast out of it's case so I can access the fan and get the parts numbers I need. It's always something.

Tim,

Glad you are home. Get well so you can get that Watchman put in and get yourself back on the road.

Lloyd,

Sorry Ms. Prissy's progress is so slow. I would be livid by now. As you said though, they are doing quality work and quality takes time. Maybe it's time to bring them that bacon?

Lynne,

About retirement, once you forget what day it is you are truly retired. You'll get there.

We are probably not coming back to Aransas next year. This is a really nice park and well kept but. Unless you play poker, quilt, or play bingo there really isn't much to do here. Aransas is in varying states of hurricane recovery and entertainment options and restaurants are limited.

As a result, we are looking at Florida, Yuma and then a couple of weeks in Quartzite. Any opinions about where we might go to avoid winter next year?
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:55 AM   #10694

Gordon
I didn't hear that !

Harv And Frank
I'm NOT a sick puppy ! My mom took me to the Vet and had me tested...
Wrong species !
They couldn't figure out which one I was though...........
Finally settled on musician (no known cure , but lifetime excuse for ANYTHING )
and then everybody was happy and got their milk bones .

Tim
Glad you made your escape in time !
I predict one nurse will be washing bed pans for a few months with a nice blanket wrapped around their swollen head ......
And the other one will be looking for a new thing to do , probably filling out an application at Circle K ! Night Shift...................
That pooch has "let's go fishin' dad" at the top of the list ! ,,,
#2 is "do we have milk bones "?

Lynne
But , but , Terry and I have lost our early weather warning service !
Go baaaaaaaaaaaaaack ! ?
I didn't think that would work
(it sure wouldn't have worked on me !)
IIRC Dinosaur Electronics is a name that my fuzzy matter seems to remember for replacement boards for RV appliances. Better than factory !
Old 01-11-2018, 09:43 AM   #10695

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
Gordon
I didn't hear that !
That's good because I didn't say it very loud. Just wanted to make sure you heard that I was listening.

Weather here is going to be pretty nice. Cool overnight (50) but warming to mid 70 today. Lots of dew and everything is wet. Thank goodness they place the paper in a plastic bag, paper is dry.

Potluck tonight. Going to be another binge eating issue. Too many good dishes that I have to sample and then another plate full to ensure QA!! I have a theory that if it tastes as good when you finish the last bite as the first bite tasted it is good.

Lynne - it is probably simple. Frank will get you on the right path to diagnosis and solution. With all of the safety features in propane appliances it can be confusing. As long as the electric heaters keep you comfortable.

Have a great day.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #10696

Freightliner Owners Club
Charlie,
I think Yuma will be the place next winter, of course that depends if they have enough room for all of us. I think Lynn and Jerry are going to join Rita and I to bug Gordon and Janet. We are planning on doing some siteseeing after the M & G along with Ron and Emmitt.then make a trip down the west side of the grand canyon. I plan on getting to Yuma somewhere around the 1st of October.
Frank