Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2018, 10:00 AM   #10739

Thanks for all the birthday wishes to Mom all. They are passed on.

Ron, she is invited to S.D., I guess when we get closer she will let us know. She is not a big fan of really long trips and we plan on 4 weeks,,, but that area is new to her so maybe?

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2018, 11:26 AM   #10740

Carolina Campers
Good day to all!

We are making progress with the house. We have ordered all the cabinets.

Yesterday we ordered all the marble for the new master walk in shower, the new guest bath shower and the backsplash in the kitchen...

The new bible massage bathtub for the guest bath arrived last week and they will most likely start the plumbing and electrical needed this week.

Good to know that Tim is progressing so well after that scare.

Talk later, have to run to an appointment.

Ted & Kathleen
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 02:56 PM   #10741

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Well gang,
Lynne and Jerry are here!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
They are set up and on their site. When they get back from tier side journey we will look at their furnace and see what we can do. Sooooo happy to have them here.
Marie,
happy birthday from Rita and I. Hope you have many more. Wish we could have celebrated with you, maybe next year.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:28 PM   #10742

Vintage RV Owners Club
Awesome sauce, they made it safely. Woot woot!
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 03:31 PM   #10743

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Am I loseing it? I belive

Okay Kimchi (Korean spiced pickled cabbage)
My sister made it years ago. Buried the jars in the back yard until processed. I remember it frothing when she opened the jar. I said no way the smell was horrific. That had to be 40 years ago. Never had it.
The stay in the hospital after Thanksgiving I had 3 bags of Blood and 2 bags of Plasma. A few days after the transfusion I had a craving for Kimchi. I mean I craved it. I am on my 3 jar and I love it.

So the question I have:
Is it possible the blood downer was Korean?
I can't come up with any other explanation???

Tim,
Go Vikes
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:15 PM   #10744
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Lynne and Jerry: Welcome to the Sunshine State!!! We are glad you are here!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 05:06 PM   #10745

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
So the question I have:
Is it possible the blood downer was Korean?
I can't come up with any other explanation???
Sounds plausible to me....

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:35 PM   #10746

Winnebago Owners Club
The Korean test for you Tim. If you can read this "nega jal jinaegileul" you have definitely got some Korean in you. "Hope you are well".
Old 01-14-2018, 06:30 PM   #10747

Winnebago Owners Club
The Vikings Win!!!

Must of been the cheering from the Korean contingent!!! LOL
Old 01-14-2018, 06:57 PM   #10748

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
lolololol

and all the fans going home have about 6 inches of snow too drive in and its still coming down..

Good job Vikes
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 03:59 AM   #10749

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Coffee is good this am and we are all set up and ready for it to get warm here. Two electric heaters going right now (Thank you Frank for the lend of yours) and we are comfortable.

It is supposed to get really cold Wed. night so when we went to Walmart for some groceries, we bought a utility light and bulbs. Does a LED light get hot? Had trouble finding a regular bulb. This will go in the utilities bay to keep it from freezing. Figured if it kept it a few degrees warmer it would do it's stuff. Then hopefully it will get warmer soon.

Frank was out front when we arrived and Rita got us checked in and then Frank got us settled. We have a site with a view! Will be nice when we can sit outside and enjoy it. Going to check out the park today. Last night after dinner I crashed out on the couch and Jerry woke me to go to bed. Slept fine.

Lloyd, birthday wishes to Marie. Hope I reach 85 if I am healthy and can do what I want. Hope she comes to SD with you but it is a long trip. Maybe when she thinks about all of us being friendly like, she will decide to come.

They have line dancing tonight at the clubhouse. Never have done it before but am probably going to go watch. Bike ride today too but may hold off on that until I take a few spins around first. Been a while and I need to get to it. Need to organize some things now that we have dry ground under us. It was really wet and muddy in NC. Nice cement lots here.

Ron, Emmett is a task master at some points but he is a good buddy. Has he eaten anything lately he is not supposed to? Lot's of dogs here.

Tim, keep getting better, you have a lot of retirement fun to show me in the future.

My brother had quite a business with the fish heads at Meijer's. He got to the point he could talk a bit with the ladies that came in. The original one would see him and smile and start chattering to him and look at what he had. After her coming back the next day he always had a bucket ready for her. Would open it and show her and then he had to have several buckets ready because word got around. I guess you eat what you grow up around. My dad worked for meat packing plants (designer) and we always had meat. Mom liked lamb.

Charlene, cooked dinner in our small RV kitchen last night and you just figure it out. You use crock pots, apartment size stove tops for outside or whatever you have to use to make it work. We use the outside grill a lot. But every so often I just have to do something inside or in the oven. You'll figure that out. Jerry is great on the grill so I leave that to him.

Laundry on the list of things to do today, check out the park, and Frank and Jerry intend to hit the furnace. You all have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:14 AM   #10750

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Again,

Forgot to tell you that we have stopped at 4 Walmart's on the way and the only heater they had we had to take back because it did not work.

Home Depot the same thing, the shelves are empty. I think this cold front has made people go out and buy anything they could get. Not even any small ones. If it doesn't get warm soon or we don't get the furnace fixed soon, we will order one on line and get it shipped here.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:04 AM   #10751

Good morning all!

22* this morning, Carolina blue sky. Headed to 40* today, below avg temps continue.

Lynne, hurah you are in Florida safe and sound! Enjoy!

Ted, you are making serious progress on that house. And spending serious money! LOL Bathrooms and kitchens are killers.

Ron, you mentioned driveway work. Will you beable to park the coach there once all work is completed? Give Emmett a few hugs for me.

Tim, not sure about the Korean blood,,,,,,, My guess you simply lost your sense of smell!!!!! LOL 14 meds can make strange things happen.

Seeing Ice and Snow forecasted well into Texas this week, we may even get some ourselves. Sheesh!

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:09 AM   #10752

Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning, folks! Happy Monday.

Coffee is good, just slurped my first taste. I use a combination of sweeteners, did I ever tell you that? With Allen being diabetic we've made changes that have worked pretty well. So my sweetener mix is erythritol/tagatose/xylitol/stevia. It maximizes the taste benefits of each alternative sweetener and minimizes the taste detriment. So it tastes like sugar and bakes like sugar, but doesn't spike Allen's blood sugar.

Snowed overnight, we got about an inch. Says its 18 outside, but thats supposed to drop through the floor this afternoon.

Glad you guys got settled, Lynne and Jerry.

Lloyd, hunker down and be safe if that ice hits ya.

Charlene