Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-15-2018, 08:03 AM   #10753

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
A few days after the transfusion I had a craving for Kimchi. I mean I craved it. I am on my 3 jar and I love it.

So the question I have:
Is it possible the blood downer was Korean?
I can't come up with any other explanation???

Tim,
Go Vikes
Craving eh? You're not pregnant are you?
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2018, 08:17 AM   #10754

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Morning everyone,

Coffee is great this morning. I took Jake for a decent walk this morning and it's nearly 60* right now. But, the clouds are rolling in now. We are heading for colder weather after winds and rain tomorrow. The high Tuesday is supposed to be 40* with a low of 29* that night, with a cold week to follow. On the bright side next week it'll be back in the 70's.

I've got another problem to sort. Our Microwave/Convection oven vent fan quit. I've looked at the installation instructions and I'll be danged if I can figure out how the stupid thing comes loose from it's mountings. There are supposed to be two self centering screws somewhere in the top front of the thing that anchors the oven to the cabinet but I can't find them. I think the bottom inside the cabinet has a cover that was installed after the screws were installed. In the mean time we cannot use the oven because it cycles the vent fan on and off. I need to crack the code and get the part ordered.

It's always something, sigh....
Old 01-15-2018, 08:23 AM   #10755

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
55 here this morning and predicted to go to 77.

Been riding the bicycle around the park. Slowly starting to get into shape.

Charlie - interesting diagnosis.

Lloyd will you be checking the progress on Prissy? They must be getting closer to completion. Only a few more weeks until you get her back. It will not be that much longer. We are saving some of the good weather for your arrival.

Doves are starting to return to the area. Soon the quiet will be broken with the sound of cooing. And dove stuff. Will have to go up and move the rubber snakes. Seems to minimize the dove stuff around the unit.

Tomorrow getting back into the golfing routine. Will be good to get back on the course.

Have a great day.
Old 01-15-2018, 09:36 AM   #10756

It was really warm here this morning , 4* !

It was supposed to be 7*below zero,,,,,so "warm" ?

Subtract a 20mph wind chill so , not too disappointing .................
Old 01-15-2018, 09:38 AM   #10757

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gordon, rubber snakes??
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:52 AM   #10758

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Gordon, rubber snakes??
Yup - we put rubber snakes in the fichus trees above the coach. Keeps the doves from sitting in the trees and dropping dove bombs. Move them so the doves do nto get used to the location. Have to warn the guys who was the coach so they don't get startled.
Old 01-15-2018, 10:04 AM   #10759

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Keeps the doves from sitting in the trees and dropping dove bombs.
Haha, that's a term I've never heard. How in the heck do you put them into the trees? I'm guessing ladder or the top of the coach?
Old 01-15-2018, 10:07 AM   #10760

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Yup - we put rubber snakes in the fichus trees above the coach. Keeps the doves from sitting in the trees and dropping dove bombs. Move them so the doves do nto get used to the location. Have to warn the guys who was the coach so they don't get startled.
Brilliant. Would using plastic owls work, too? Or is that just a squirrel thing....
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:33 PM   #10761

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Hello
Well we found a new toad(new too us) going to go pick it up in about 10 minutes. I did a silly thing and that was forgot too see if it is towable 4 down.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 04:48 PM   #10762

Cool Tim what ya get?

Sent from my XT1650 using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 05:57 PM   #10763

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Hi Gang,
Just got back from dinner with Jerry and Lynne. Chinese buffet, naturally overate, Lol. Did not get the furnace working, changed the control board but it still won't stay fired. I think maybe the sail switch is loosing contact when it fires off causing the gas valve to close down. Will get one tomorrow and install. Only getting down to the low 40s tonight, so the 2 electric heaters will do them just fine.
Tim,
Can't wait the see pics of the new ride.
Have a great night all,
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:04 PM   #10764

Vintage RV Owners Club
Tim, congrats on the new toad!

Frank, oh do I hear ya about overeating at a Chinese buffet. My most favorite cuisine.

Frustrating about the furnace! Hope that part fixes it.

Lynne, been thinking allot about cooking in Clora Mae, when we meet I'll bet you'll have all sorts of tricks to teach me.

Be warm, friends!

Charlene
Old 01-15-2018, 06:36 PM   #10765

Good evening everyone

Going to bed early since we have to get up early.... tomorrow is going to be a very busy day....I will accomplish a great milestone in my life for tomorrow I will have my last chemo....will have blood drawn at 630, echo cardiogram at 800, dermatologist at 930, bone marrow aspiration at 1000, they sedate me for those, then at about 1100 I can have breakfast...lol...then wait until 415 for my Dr. appointment and at 630 tomorrow night my last chemo....been a long 2.5 years but I beat leukemia!!!!...

I really want to tell each and every one of you guys thank you so much....when I was going through my 8 weeklong rounds where I couldn't leave a hospital bed I so looked forward to hearing about everyone's adventures, projects, and dreams....I remember the support that you all gave me and it meant the world to me...so thank you guys from the bottom of my heart.....

Take care everyone and enjoy life...I know what a joy you all have made mine....

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:43 PM   #10766

Vintage RV Owners Club
WOOHOO!!! Take *that* leukemia! Congrats MK. What are your plans to celebrate this victory?

Charlene