Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-01-2015, 04:22 AM   #1093

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Bap, You guys really know how to make those TT's look nice great job!

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2015, 06:55 AM   #1094

Fleetwood Owners Club
Bap, great minds think alike, or warped minds wobble the same, either way the striped material used on the cushions look like the same I used in my little hunting camper!

We were short on the material we used for drapes so we sewed a border out of the cushion material on.

You craftsmanship is far superior to what I did, but I only use it to sleep in at deer camp. Don't have a lot of company there!

Old 04-01-2015, 09:31 AM   #1095

Winnebago Owners Club
Nice work bap. Some real artistry displayed.

Happy April Fools Day. Hope the jokes and tricks are clever and funny.

Mother nature has delivered her April 1 joke. We are in a blizzard. 30 - 40 mph winds with wet snow. They are predicting 2 - 4 inches but it is coming fast and hard. Good day to stay inside.

Hope your day is better than ours.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:57 AM   #1096

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning one and all.
Coffee is good. Sun is shining.

BAP - Nice work on those vintage units.

Fluid reports came back on the CC Ovation LE and did not show a clean bill of health. The previous owner it seems did not believe in mechanical maintenance. Fluids in both engine and tranny were seriously contaminated. There were some other concerns in the inspection report which we may have negotiated but the fluids report convinced us to let the unit go yesterday. A few hundred bucks may have saved us tens of thousands. Money well spent. So... back in the hunt.

Saw the doc yesterday about the back issues. Steroids and muscle relaxers to stop the spasms which are what is causing most of the pain. MRI scheduled for the popping joint and the sharp pain that goes with it which in turn causes the spasm which causes the joint pain. Round and round and round. In the mean time I'm supposed to stretch and keep moving. OK doc, let me stab a sharp object in your back and lets see you stretch and keep moving.

On the plus side I'm not feeling any hip pain.

Had a nice lunch with the in-laws yesterday. Father in-laws birthday. 83 and in great health. They both are. Very active too. Always a good time when we see them.

Have a great day everyone. I'm sending DW to get Powerball tickets. If we win we can just order a new coach the way we want it and be done.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 11:22 AM   #1097

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Bap, love the TTs. You two do a great job.

Gordon, Sorry about the weather, sunny and cold here this am but thank God no snow. Hope Janet is doing OK and when she gets the surgery she will be much better.

Jay, Sounds like you and Patty made a wise choice in checking the fluids out. Wonder if the owner will be more careful in the future with his fluids.

As they keep telling me though, you will find the one meant for you. I keep looking and will find ours too.

Coffee was great this AM and then on to the dentist. Had to have a 15 yr old filling redone. I have them do the drilling without numbing because I do not like the feeling of it coming off. All done in about 35 min and away you go.

Husband is installing new W/D units. The washer died Sat and figured we would get new. When we sell in a few years all appliances will be fairly new.

Hope you all have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #1098

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good afternoon All,
Bobby,
Glad that you are having a leisure uneventful trip home. Sounds like those new spark plugs may have helped your mileage.
bap,
You two really do FINE work, it will be no time and the Holiday will be ready to show off.
Terry,
It took me over 2 hours to clean up the outside of my truck, UGHHHHH. Then changed the addon fuel filter and DW gave me a haircut, so ran out of time to cut the grass, oh well there is always tomorrow, OH, wait its golf on Thursday, lol.
Jay,
Glad that you guys found out about the poor maintenance before money changed hands. As Lynne said, you will find the right unit, just don't give up and don't settle.
Lynne
Glad that you got your new appliances, now you won't have to worry about them before you retire and join us down south.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:53 PM   #1099

Gulf Streamers Club
Had to leave MH and return home today. Time to mow, fix fence gate, change auto insurance, do taxes, renew contract for electricity on rental house, wash clothes, wash me, go to gun range and practice (getting concealed handgun license). I would have preferred staying and working on getting MH ready for paint. Getting the decals and adhesive off is proving to be quite the challenge. Rain tonight might wash oak pollen off my car. Can hardly see that car is black, with that so lovely yellow tint to it. Back to work. Y'all be safe out there. And SPRING is here where I am.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:11 PM   #1100

Winnebago Owners Club
Good afternoon. Survived the April Fools Day high jinks.

Snow has stopped and supposed to be nicer tomorrow. Snow has already melted noticeably. Forecast is for snow on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Not a lot but just enough to keep us indoors.

Got a lot of stuff done today that would have been left if I could have got outside. Tend to avoid paper work when possible!!
Old 04-01-2015, 07:28 PM   #1101

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Not worried about letting the Ovation go. Appreciate the sympathies there. As they say a door closes and another opens. We've got time. The S&B isn't even up for sale yet.

Already eyeballing an '04 Magna Might actually be a nicer coach.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:25 PM   #1102
bap

goodmorning gang,,,,coffee was great this am,,but we had another sunny and 70 degree day so the DW and i got out quick and taped off the holiday and started the paint,,we didnt move very fast though and only got part of it done,,then she made a paper background for the spice rack inside....i love it,,,then she redone an old dresser and used it for the front,,,,i will have to get pix of that and show you guy,s...it,s really awsome..
but here is where were at on the holiday...went with the green to accent the interior and i still have the bottom to go and add the black..
tommarow is DR day for the DW and after that alot of rain so not sure when will get back to painting..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MORE UPGRADED HOLIDAY PAINT PIX 015.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	227.4 KB
ID:	90311   Click image for larger version

Name:	MORE UPGRADED HOLIDAY PAINT PIX 019.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	372.2 KB
ID:	90312  

Old 04-01-2015, 11:03 PM   #1103
bap

the DW about beat me to death when she caught me posting pics of the holiday and it not finished,,,,i tried to explain but i dont think she understands...lol
Old 04-02-2015, 08:04 AM   #1104

Retired Fire Service RVer's
bap,
It's always nice to see the progression of a project. For those that have not done things like this, it helps to give an appreciation of the amount of time and work that goes into a project.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #1105

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
the DW about beat me to death when she caught me posting pics of the holiday and it not finished,,,,i tried to explain but i dont think she understands...lol
I agree with Frank. We all like a nice result but the appreciation is greater when we see the amount of care and love that goes into the restoration. Please tell your wife we are living vicariously through her artistry. And we are also learning new ways of doing treatments.

If she won't stop beating you tell her my lawyer has never lost a case. Now what should we have her charged with? LOL Of course we will need some photos of the bruises!!!

Snowing here this morning, warming so rain this afternoon. Another day to sit inside. Started organizing the photos on the computer yesterday. Still haven't found the one photo I want but found lots of pictures I do not remember taking. Lots of trips down memory lane.

Have a great day.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:43 AM   #1106

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning!!

Weather not bad, coffee excellent.

Meds seem to be working for the back so I'm feeling much better today. Ooorah!!

BAP - love the in progress photos, keep em coming. We all get to live it vicariously and we all learn new things from each other.

Working on the website for one of my non-profit groups today. We buy and set up aquaponic and hydroponic farming systems and train the family to operate a sustainable earth friendly farm with year round production so they have a real income rather than forced to live on disability.

Have a great day everyone