RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-15-2018, 06:48 AM   #11117

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

First day of the Chinese New Year, so lots of festivities going on here in Thailand too! Lots of Chinese living here!

Rail!

Send some pics. We love to see how beautiful it is over there.

Ted & Kathleen

tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-15-2018, 07:31 AM   #11118

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Park Kitty

Good Morning,

Well, he's back! Laying on the ground under the bird feeder waiting for the birds to jump in his mouth I guess. They are in the tree complaining! Loudly!

Played Cribbage last night and it appeared that my card luck was going to stick with me until I drew one hand and got 20 points off it. I have been told this is a great hand. Wasn't sure I was getting rid of the right card since all cards were good, but they all said yes.

Going to start a water aerobics class here on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sounds like this might be a good class.

Foggy out this am. It has been cool the last two nights which has been a nice break. I like sleeping temps around 60* if possible.

MK, the right rig will come along when it is supposed to. It's hard waiting when you are ready but she is out there.

Have a great day all. Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FL park kitty.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	192405  

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:42 AM   #11119

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Currently 29 ABOVE ZERO

7:25
rail always has nice pic's I think he posts more than just about anybody. Sure like seeing them. Thanks rail.

Follows a guy the other day and at around 70 mgh he had a blowout on his 4x4 pickup and ended up against the cement divider, I noticed a mist cover the windshield so with the wipers on the mist just smeared. First chance I pulled over and with washer fluid and a rag tried to clean and what a mess, Brake fluid, Antifreeze, what ever it was also covered the front and hood of new car what a mess so with it in the low 40ties yesterday I detailed the exterior of car. Great to be outside and having it be warm was a treat in its self. Now I don't want to drive it because its clean.... I bought a membership too a unlimited car wash so I wash her almost everyday.

Going this am for my INR and then my 3rd iron infusion. It has made a huge difference, I'm starting to get some strength back and able to do something besides being a couch marshmallow.
Is it too soon to start the countdown to the M&G in August?
Okay,
186 and a wake up not quite ,Short
gotago,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:43 AM   #11120

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Had a nice valentines day, Rita worked in the post office to cover for a friend who was going out. I scrubbed the kayaks and put them back under the slideout. Then went to the pool and hot tub. We played cribbage in the evening. So a good day.
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:01 AM   #11121
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Good morning, all!

Temps should warm up to high 70's today. The sun is out (after a few days of hiding behind the clouds), so the forecast will probably hold true.

Gordon: Thanks for the reminder about macerating. I will keep that in mind.

Rail: About an hour before I read your post, after watching multiple RV plant tour videos, I thought to myself: "Why don't you reread Terry's Toter and Toyhauler posts, and watch some of his videos again?" Then I saw your post. Looking at the time stamp of your post, the timing of your post and my thoughts pretty closely aligned. I knew ESP worked long distance, but halfway around the world?

Everyone, enjoy your day!
Old 02-15-2018, 09:47 AM   #11122

Another day in paradise, two weeks left. This morning were off to visit a dentist in Algodones and then back home to start the tidying up on the coach and place here in the foothills.

Ive got some more colorful flowers to attract the hummers to the new feeder.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AEF97198-872C-4E6A-ACCD-FB182D9BD265.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	598.3 KB
ID:	192414   Click image for larger version

Name:	8CC9C74E-91BB-455B-A248-214E5E96F38A.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	155.8 KB
ID:	192415  

Old 02-15-2018, 10:59 AM   #11123

Getting the Dodge done. Broke two pitman arm pullers before I got it off. Since I've got the rock crawler the day I blew getting it off was of no consequence. Other than it warmed up from a morning temp of 37* to 70* by 1 pm. I stayed at it mainly because I didn't get started until noon.

Should have it all finished up today.
Tomorrow if I get lazy or distracted by this nice motorcycle riding weather.

Wishing I was in Florida in the Keys Scuba Diving on ship wrecks.

But my son, who used to live in Port Charlotte moved to Monument CO. So the Keys are not going to get my money for a while.

Got the TV Cabinet built, just need to pull it out and stain it, and poly urethane it. It can dry while I do the wall paper and new floor in the big girl.
Gotta cut this short. Glad everyone is healing. I'm not going anywhere there are sick people if I can help it.

Surgery has been rescheduled to the 28th of February at 7:30 am. One night in the hospital, then 2 weeks light duty. (Yea Right!) We'll see.

Happy Trail Ya'll
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20180215_102036.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	214.2 KB
ID:	192424  
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 01:12 PM   #11124

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Up early today to go golfing. Cool out and cloudy. Not many there so we were able to golf quickly. Happy to say I was able to get my stroke cost under $0.25! Great bargain at that price.

Sun is out and going to be nice. Cooking a roast in the sous vide. Seems to be too easy. Will see when it come out tonight.

Great to hear everyone seems to be on the mend or not getting hurt. Great news. Keep up the good work.

Have a great day.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:07 PM   #11125

DD saw the primary MD today.

She thinks is it is just a cyst. Put her on bactrim/antibiotic. This is a good choice for skin problems. She also ordered a mammogram and a sonagram of the breast. Will call Friday to schedule. DD wanted her medicine in liquid form. Chery flavored. Will check her again in two weeks. If no improvement then a surgeon for lancing. The owner of our 1997 truck came and picked it up today. He was so nice and thanked us for keeping it in good shape. Then we went and payed for a cap for the new truck. Should be in about two to three weeks. Will take about an hour to install. Gave us a fat catalog with all the toys to customize a truck. Saved enough $ for the new tires we will need before winter. Dh worked hard and got all the thick ice off the sidewalks and driveway. So nice not the have to deal with snow this week. Today it rained...hope it doesn't freeze. My dining room has all the truck junk out of the old cap piled up. Will have to sort and purge if we haven't used something in a long while. Take care all.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:11 PM   #11126

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Beautiful day for golf. Did ok, not great but ok. Had fun so that's what matters. Then had a very good buffet dinner. Ordered new rotors, drums , pads, shoes, and spring kits for the toad, will get the calipers and new brake hoses for the front at the local napa store. Used performance brake for the pickup and had good luck with them. So got the cross drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads. Have been feeling the brakes grabbing, so we are just going to change about everything so I won't have to touch them again.
Have a great evening all,
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:48 PM   #11127

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Charles, I think the ESP does work long distance! Great minds think alike!

Harvey, that feeder looks like it should do the trick! Pretty cool!

Frank, that sounds like a plan to me, your brakes should be good for a long time!

Curtis, I always just got a bigger hammer, never did use the wedge shaped things that you drove in with a hammer? I was taught that a big hammer and a good smack is all that was needed to take the front end apart! But that was many years ago, and i'm sure the cars and trucks have changed, and are not as open as the old one's!
Good luck with the surgery, and the Hospital bed! Prayers coming for a great outcome!

Gordon and Frank, enjoy your golf game!

Tim, so glad you are feeling better! Sounds like the Dr.'s plan is working!

Lloyd, MH update? Was it not supposed to be done by the 15th of February?
Should be getting close by now? Just think how nice it will be to walk into the shop and see it all done!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 02-16-2018, 08:16 AM   #11128

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Hey rail
Caught a program last night on Thailand. Very interesting and beautiful country. It was only a hour wish it would have been longer.
Sounds like a place called Naughty beach is the place too see..

Brother sent me a text last night about a few of his co-workers that were fishing on our lake found 2 crappie holes (40ft of water)and caught a bunch. They were fishing at night. Plan on going out to night to see if I can find the spots.
tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:56 AM   #11129

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Day is starting out on the dreary side. 59, cloudy and breezy. Have been out and am undecided whether to put long pants on or not. Supposed to be mid 70 today.

Heard that Prissy is in paint. Hoping that there are no hiccups while in there.

Roast came out very tender and at the correct doneness. Tooth was not quite what I expected and trying to determine whether is was a result of the time cooked or the cut of meat. Going to require another experiment. Needless to say the sides that Janet made more than made up for any deficiencies in the meat. Next test will be beef sandwiches for lunch.

Snow is starting to accumulate in Salt Lake City. Had some reservations about the base depth but they are starting to get snowfalls of 17" in 24 hours. Base will increase quickly.

Spanish lessons in a while so got to get prepared.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:29 AM   #11130

Good morning!

54*, rain expected today and tomorrow, a weekend wash out.

Gordon, roast sounds great. Wish I was there to eat some!

So, we haven't been to see Ms Prissy in over a week. Recieved a email Monday stating Ms Prissy had been moved to the paint booth. Friday afternoon recieved another email that the detailed stripes or swirls were in the process of being layed out. So, inbetween those 2 the base coat needed to be applied. Then all of the basement handle/locks needed to be installed (this gets paint under the locks) (mean while on separate table the locks themselves wre basecoated. Next step was all the locks needed installation as some end up with different colors as they are part of the swirls.

Layout will take awhile it gets pretty complicated making the swirls perfectly round etc. They will tape all 3 colors in layers, then after spraying each color peal back a layer and paint the next color working down to the color that covers the least area.

At this point I just cannot see the coach being done by the latest due date 2/23. After paint there is a good size list of "To Do's" and this place does not work urgently. We suspect we are looking at a March delivery.

Hope all those healing are doing well.

L.

Lloyd in S.C. is online now   Reply With Quote