Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:42 AM   #11145

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Disappointing news about the delay but IMO you are taking the correct approach to the situation. I believe things happen for a reason and while we do not always agree with the course it may be for the best. Janet says she is really looking forward to seeing you in Cody.

Going to be nice today.

Changed oil in the generator yesterday. Turned off the power before running the generator. So last night it was a bit cool so we decided to run the fireplace. Hit the button and it came on. Found out this morning that when the power is off it turns off the heat (turns on with a separate button). So the warmth last night was psychological but this morning it was real!!

Yes many of the changes in work assignments and employment seem to be punitive at the time but when viewed later have had a positive outcome. That is why I believe that things happen for a reason.

Hope everyone is getting better.

Have a wonderful day.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2018, 02:39 PM   #11146

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
That sounds like some of the threads on the forum.

Now that I think of it.... lol

tedgard01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:06 PM   #11147

Congrats Allen on the promotion.

My DH was the King of layoffs in the sheet Metal trade. I lost track of how many companies he worked for. Some low times for sure. Now it is all just a faded memory. We used to call it living off the fat of the land. He always grew a big garden and we never starved. Ted are you doing all the work with your remodeling? Would love to see your pictures. I will take some pictures of the projects we are doing at church. Spent three hrs. on my front porch. Sanded out a wooden bar stool. Need to get some foam and upholstery fabric for the top. Going to use brush on gloss laquer. Used this on some antique radios and it went on like a dream. Stinks really bad until it dries. Charlene prayers for a speedy recovery. Having surgery sucks..lots of hugs and kisses and of course flowers.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:13 AM   #11148

Good morning!

Pictures would be great Ted. I agree with Sam. Would love to see your project.

Hope CWK don't mind me sharing, meeting him this morning as we go to checkout a possible coach. Will be fun to meet him in person, and I always enjoy checking out coaches.

Gosh,,,,, our forecast for the next 7 days way above 70.Showers everyday,,,,, but very warm for this time of year.

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:16 AM   #11149

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Nice cup of coffee this am like most mornings. Still liking the Walmart coffee blend.

Been to the pool most every day. Walking, biking, walking again. I went to the exercise room the other day and did some weight lifting. Not a lot, I am out of shape, and figured out maybe this would be a good addition to my exercise plans. Will do this for a bit and then add some more reps. Do not want to develop big muscles, just some toning. Lot of people here walk, bike, and go to the exercise room all the time. They start pool aerobics on Tuesday. Will try that.

Been having a lovely time. I keep having people ask me to sew something for them and I don't mind. Brought the machine, might as well use it. Found some UV fabric at Lowe's and am making some inside shades for the bedroom. Plan to make one for the door window too. Have to figure out how to get it attached. Would like something that I can run around the outside of the shade and have it just snap into the track.

Charlene, it is important to take the time you need to heal. Once you get past this it will be much better. Naps are good.

Lloyd, I tend to believe things happen for a reason. Maybe you needed not to go to Yuma this year for some reason. These things are always hard to deal with when they do not align with our own plans though. Maybe when you get Ms Prissy back you can come down here for a month and visit Frank & Rita and Jerry & myself. Florida shake down tour, mini M&G.

Foggy again this am. 60's last night and perfect sleeping weather. It still amazes me that it is February and it is in the 80's most days and I can swim. Love this weather!

Gordon, it must be lonely out there this year in Yuma without the rest of the gang. Next year will definitely be different.

You all take care. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:06 AM   #11150

Good Monday Morning.
Pickup suspension rebuild is done. Needs a little tweaking but the hard work stuff is behind me. Thinking of buying new hub caps for it just to make it look like it did when I bought it in 2001. It still looks and now drives like it did when it was new.

Wind has been howling all night here but it's 70* and rainy all week.

In Texas this is called Pre Spring. Winter is pretty much done here.
Winter was only 6.5 weeks this year in North Central Texas.

Charlene glad to hear you're able to deal with it. Every day will get better.

My youngest daughter turns 40 the 21st of this week. Eeeek! Where did the time go?
My Son is in New Zealand this week with Chuck Missler lecturing.
The pictures are something to see.

Man, now that the trucks major issues are behind me it's time to get back to work on Big Girl.
Lynne, finally found that table available again that I wanted in the Coach. Going to order it this week.

The rebuild will go fast once I get the wallpaper done.

Oh and my surgery is set for the 28th. Minor tuneup needed after this summers work. Should be NBD! With luck I'll only be on light duty a week to 10 days.

Time to get out of bed and start a new pot of coffee. Gonna cook myself some bacon and scrambled eggs this morning. My favorite.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:40 AM   #11151

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Curtis Interesting as we are going to have bacon, pan fried grilled potatoes and eggs for breakfast.

Looking forward to the group here next year. Will be sending an email to everyone about the process. The lady who does the assigning has been in the hospital with a heart attack. Will be sending the email today or tomorrow.

As Lloyd said you will need enough identification to get back into the US. As Canadians we have a passport but I think American citizens can get an enhanced drivers license. You will have to check it out to make sure they will let you back.

Note: I am told they have fairly comfortable, although sterile, rooms for you to relax in until your identity is established!!! LOL

No worries about getting a guide to Algodones. Would be great if Stan and Jira could be here to give us the guided tour but I expect Stan may not want to introduce Jira to some of his old hangouts. LOL The last time Janet and I went over we went on a taco tour. We found a lot of taco stands off of the main area and had a great time.

If you need dental work try to wait until you get here. Unless you have killer insurance. Lots of good dentists down there and prices are really good.

Hope everyone is still recovering and feeling better.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 02-19-2018, 02:49 PM   #11152
RVM #169

Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi gang.

Just finished my coffee, Wal-Mart brand like Lynne.

Had a pulled pork sandwich, on homemade rye Granny Buns. I would like to say I enjoyed it, but I didn't. Didn't taste a d@mn thing, cuz my taste buds and sense of smell are still non-existent.

But at least I ate something. I've lost 5 pounds in the last week, just cuz I have no appetite and food is unappealing when you can't smell it, taste it, or feel the texture in half your mouth. Allen tried to coax me with Chinese takeout last night. Normally I'd jump at that, Chinese is my favorite - but all I ate was some fried rice and that was it. I'm not getting enough calories, and I know it. It isn't a problem yet, but if I go too much longer only getting about 6-700 calories a day, I'll need to set myself on a forced eating schedule, because we've got a disc golf tournament in 3 weeks, and it's a double round event.

Alright, enough grousing!

Ann, looking forward to seeing pictures of your projects, at church and the bar stool you're refinishing.

Lloyd, you and Bill enjoy looking at that coach together. Tell us about it later.

Lynne, it just sounds like you're blossoming there. How wonderful. I'm so glad for you. You're doing great things for your health and building endurance. If you want, I'd made an excel spreadsheet for tracking weight lifting, would be glad to message you the link.

Curtis, best of luck on your surgery the 28th. Remind us as it gets closer so we don't forget to pray for you on the day. Also like seeing tour progress on Big Girl. Hope to see that new table you're talking about.

Gordon, so you guys go down into Mexico to get dental care? Am I reading that correctly?

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:42 PM   #11153

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Hi gang.

Just finished my coffee, Wal-Mart brand like Lynne.

Had a pulled pork sandwich, on homemade rye Granny Buns. I would like to say I enjoyed it, but I didn't. Didn't taste a d@mn thing, cuz my taste buds and sense of smell are still non-existent.

But at least I ate something. I've lost 5 pounds in the last week, just cuz I have no appetite and food is unappealing when you can't smell it, taste it, or feel the texture in half your mouth. Allen tried to coax me with Chinese takeout last night. Normally I'd jump at that, Chinese is my favorite - but all I ate was some fried rice and that was it. I'm not getting enough calories, and I know it. It isn't a problem yet, but if I go too much longer only getting about 6-700 calories a day, I'll need to set myself on a forced eating schedule, because we've got a disc golf tournament in 3 weeks, and it's a double round event.

Alright, enough grousing!

Ann, looking forward to seeing pictures of your projects, at church and the bar stool you're refinishing.

Lloyd, you and Bill enjoy looking at that coach together. Tell us about it later.

Lynne, it just sounds like you're blossoming there. How wonderful. I'm so glad for you. You're doing great things for your health and building endurance. If you want, I'd made an excel spreadsheet for tracking weight lifting, would be glad to message you the link.

Curtis, best of luck on your surgery the 28th. Remind us as it gets closer so we don't forget to pray for you on the day. Also like seeing tour progress on Big Girl. Hope to see that new table you're talking about.

Gordon, so you guys go down into Mexico to get dental care? Am I reading that correctly?

Charlene
Sad that you are not getting an appetite. Is there any high calorie/protein foods you can eat. My brother did not have an appetite when he was young so my parents had to buy him some product to eat. Can't recall what is was and that was 50 years ago so likely there are better products.

Yes we go to Mexico. The dentist we use has our utmost confidence. My dentist at home quoted 1800 for a (one) crown. Had the two crowns done for 800 in Mexico. Went home and my dentist said the work was a good as his (rather unhappily I might add). Then got money back from insurance as they recognize Mexican dentists as well.

Fingers crossed that smell and taste come back quickly.
Old 02-19-2018, 04:48 PM   #11154
RVM #169

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Yes we go to Mexico. The dentist we use has our utmost confidence. My dentist at home quoted 1800 for a (one) crown. Had the two crowns done for 800 in Mexico. Went home and my dentist said the work was a good as his (rather unhappily I might add). Then got money back from insurance as they recognize Mexican dentists as well.
Holy crap, they recognize Mexican dentists?!?

I'll confirm that 1800, and then some. Had a crown done back in November last year. Not fun, still paying.
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine. Blog: Disc Golf Duffers
Old 02-19-2018, 04:56 PM   #11155

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Holy crap, they recognize Mexican dentists?!?

I'll confirm that 1800, and then some. Had a crown done back in November last year. Not fun, still paying.
OK - there will be room here at the inn if you and Allen want to come down in October/November/December. The money you save will more than pay for any travel costs and you can be with the group.

You can shop around for services. They will quote anywhere from 150 to 500 for a crown depending on the practice.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:02 PM   #11156
RVM #169

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
OK - there will be room here at the inn if you and Allen want to come down in October/November/December. The money you save will more than pay for any travel costs and you can be with the group.

You can shop around for services. They will quote anywhere from 150 to 500 for a crown depending on the practice.
Mind=blown. I'm thinking I'll tell him about it. Because seriously might be worth the cost of flights and a rental car. We wouldn't have enough vacation time from the W- word to drive Clora Mae down. But its absolutely something to investigate further. I don't think either of us need dental work in the short term, but holy cow it sounds worth it in the long term.
Old 02-19-2018, 05:14 PM   #11157

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Mind=blown. I'm thinking I'll tell him about it. Because seriously might be worth the cost of flights and a rental car. We wouldn't have enough vacation time from the W- word to drive Clora Mae down. But its absolutely something to investigate further. I don't think either of us need dental work in the short term, but holy cow it sounds worth it in the long term.
Long story so I will try to keep it short.

Fellow in Saskatchewan wanted to have what was left of his teeth pulled and full dentures. Sask dentist quoted something like 7500 CDN and could start in about 4 months. Called ND and dentist there said the price was about 5000 and first appointment was 3 months. Called Algodones and the dentist quoted 1300 US and could he be there tomorrow?

He was here for a month and left happy as a clam (with teeth).
Old 02-19-2018, 07:59 PM   #11158

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Another beautiful day here in west central Florida. Tomorrow we are going kayaking on silver springs. Get to try out our new kayak, with Lynne and Jerry using our old one. A bunch of people from the park are going , so it will be a lot of fun. It is over 5 miles, so it is a longer float.
Lloyd and Charles,
Good luck on the coach. You two will hit it off splendidly I am sure of that.
Curtis,
Prayers go out to you for a successful surgery. Glad that you got the truck done and are back at it on Big Girl.
Gordon,
I am lucky, I have what you call prepaid dental coverage. Put daughter through school, now she takes care of dental work, Lol.
Charlene,
Hope that your sense of taste and smell returns soon, in the mean time keep up with the nutrients to keep up your strength.
Have a great evening all,
Frank

Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote