Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-02-2015, 12:26 PM   #1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
Good morning!!

Weather not bad, coffee excellent.

Meds seem to be working for the back so I'm feeling much better today. Ooorah!!

BAP - love the in progress photos, keep em coming. We all get to live it vicariously and we all learn new things from each other.

Working on the website for one of my non-profit groups today. We buy and set up aquaponic and hydroponic farming systems and train the family to operate a sustainable earth friendly farm with year round production so they have a real income rather than forced to live on disability.

Have a great day everyone
Good to hear the back is letting up. I've been there lived that nightmare.
Back in 1976 I fell at work and broke my back in three places and shattered my left leg. Took 18 months to learn how to walk again, but the back gave me fits for years. I finally got it well enough to be able to start running. Still will complain if I stay bent over a car fender too long.
So I quit working on those nasty cars.

Aquaponics Huh? COOL! Melissa and I have been talking about putting in a system to go with our greenhouse.

BAP, your camper rebuilds remind me of my childhood. Dad was USAF and every summer we'd hook up our 16 FT Shasta to the back of the 55 Buick Wagon and go camping for a month. Some good Memories because sometimes most of the Squadron would go to the same spot at the same time. So we were camping with 10 or 20 of our friends from school.

Been working on my 4X4 and almost have it ready to start. Waiting on the Radiator Shop to finish vatting out the gas tank and sealing it. This gasoline they are selling us today will not set for more than 30 days without going bad.

Next after I get the engine running is to pull the front axle and rebuild it again. Hard Wheeling is HARD on equipment! But it's fun to haul it out to places like Moab UT behind the Motorhome and do some rock crawling.

Good morning ALL! ER, wait good afternoon from warm sunny Texas.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2015, 12:44 PM   #1108

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
This is the aquaponics system we are using.

The fellow that developed the system has a market for 100% of the fish and will buy all of it.

1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #1109

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
This is the aquaponics system we are using.

The fellow that developed the system has a market for 100% of the fish and will buy all of it.
Most interesting. Friends from Iowa have converted their beef operation into a large fish farm. They are working with the university and have incorporated and are in the process of expanding and building a fish processing plant. They grow baramundi. Say the conversion rate is really high. May be the future of protein farming.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:24 PM   #1110

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Most interesting. Friends from Iowa have converted their beef operation into a large fish farm. They are working with the university and have incorporated and are in the process of expanding and building a fish processing plant. They grow barramundi. Say the conversion rate is really high. May be the future of protein farming.
Barramundi is something to consider. The crayfish (freshwater lobster) is something I would grow in my own system if we had one. Is it possible to grow tired of eating lobster? I'd like to see.

We set aside land on our ranch for the organization to build a new training facility. Proceeds from the food produced will help finance farms for vets. We gave them up to 5 acres on a $1/year 10 year lease.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:24 PM   #1111

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Gordon, Jay and Curtis,
You guys are making me tired just reading about all the stuff that you are doing. But I guess that I'm just as busy, just doesn't seem like it, because I'm doing things that I enjoy, just like you.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:40 PM   #1112

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Same here Frank. I try avoid things I don't enjoy doing. You know the old saying, do what you love and you'll never work a day.

My primary focus is getting this S&B finished and sold. But I tinker with cars, sell food storage (freeze dried 25 yr shelf life stuff), run 2 non profits, build websites, some subcontracting on custom mobile electronics installs (friend of mine owns a shop and calls me in on the custom fabrication stuff) and I build furniture.

Hmmm. This could present a problem. DW does not see me 24/7 like she will when we go full time. Hope she really likes me. Otherwise it could be the big "D" word.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:47 PM   #1113

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jay,
I don't think that will be a problem, You won't be in the RV half the time or more, because you will be out doing one of your projects or helping someone do theirs.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 07:58 PM   #1114

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Yeah, you're right there. Just never really gave it a thought. Since I have been at home full time we've actually had the chance to practice a bit. She's only punched me twice (for things I said on here) and chased me with the skillet once.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:13 PM   #1115

Just another day folks, hope everyone is ok! In Johnson City , NY near Binghamton to see my sis and my 95yo mom. See ya all tommorrow! Bobby
Old 04-03-2015, 12:28 AM   #1116
bap

same here we had a day of rain and some thuinder storms,,so working on the tt,s was a wash out,,,

i did however get to go up on the back 40 and watch the turkeys doing there talking,,the toms are really gobbling there hearts out and the hens are yelping there love songs,,,i swear those birds are the most beautiful ugly things that god created,,nothing like watching a gobbler in full strut and his head changing from red to blue and to white,,and the colors of his feathers when the sun is shining on them you can see the greens,reds, bronze just glistning in the sun,,,and when they gobble at you at 15 yards away it rattles the whole ground....boy i love it...nature is a wonderful thing to watch...

hey curtice, what kind of offroad beast are you building..? that is another one of my favorite hobbies,,,,i havealways had jeeps but im wanting to build a rock bouncer sometime and a mega powered sand rail to take to silver lake in michigan,,,i would love the feel of a 900 horse rear engine rail...lol
Old 04-03-2015, 12:34 AM   #1117

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Hi everyone, just trying to catch up!! I am having a ball. The MH is just doing great! Got 10 mpg on the first tank, Tucson to Las Cruces! Second was 9 mpg! So I am very happy! She drives great, and everything is working as it should! Stopped at lake McCellan (sp) just before Alanreed on I-40, lake was dry, but no people, so very quiet and peasefull!! Stopped just N. of Ok. City, and ready for bed! Everyone looking for thier new MH, i hope you get as lucky as i did! Man this baby is nice, rides like a caddy! Thanks to the ride rite air bags! Got hit with straight line wind in Texas yesterday, the mh in front of me just about got blowed off the road and lost his awning! Me, just blew over a bit, and the semi behind me the same!! My awning is metal wrapped, so did not do anything to it! Time for bed! Rail!
Old 04-03-2015, 06:17 AM   #1118

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Guardrail53.... I was thinking the same thing we were in route to Canton on I30 the wind was wicked the whole drive, But looks like it's going to be a nice day here high of 70... Have a great day!
Pa Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:33 AM   #1119
bap

same with the wind here in ky yesterday,,,i was driving our focus dwn the highway ,,the DW was just sitting there our son in the back researching the new MC CLAREN and the porche 918 when the wind hit us blew me to the side on the rumble strips,,,everyone looked up shocked,,i just said that i wanted to make sure everyone was awake...lol..
im sitting here this morn. having my cofffee and watching the pasture wondering if i will need to move the horses to higher ground,,,,it,s been pouring the rain all night and hasnt let up yet...
everyone have a great day...
may the good lord watch over all of you this day..

RAIL,,happy ur haveing a great trip...funny how a big ole rig like yours gets better MPG,S than my little jeep wranler....lol
Old 04-03-2015, 10:22 AM   #1120

Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning everyone.

Coffee is fabulous!!

It's a glorious day. Back pain 95% gone. Still a bit of a stick at the disk but all the spasms are almost non existent. Better living through chemistry. Few more days and I might be good as new. Oh so happy!!

Will still take it easy for the next few days but I might be able to get back to work on the S&B come Monday.

I hope this day finds you all well.

« Life with Jane | - »