Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2015, 09:58 AM   #1121

Winnebago Owners Club
Jay - take care. I have found at times it is not what you are doing but how you do it. All it takes is to reach sideways sometimes and put the wrong stress on it, however small. I tend to try to do very few twisting motions when working. But sometimes it is the innocent thing like reaching for a tool just out of reach the causes the problem. I dont always move closer instead of reaching but I am learning.

Rail - great to hear the MH is top notch. Sounds like your trip is going well. Hope it continues to be pleasureable.

I dislike the wind. Got caught in the wind with the 5er. Used 40 gallons of fuel to go 120 miles. Blistering along at 30 but had to get to an appointment. Not one of the stellar experiences with the 5er but the truck handled the situation well. Very stable considering the conditions.

bap - your prose is excellent. It is almost like we are sitting next to you watching the turkeys. I imagine smelling low bush cranberries while sitting there. Our woods are full of the cranberries and are especially pungent in the late fall and early spring.

Janet has a surgery time of 9:30 on Monday. Only 3 sleeps until the hip replacement. She is so ready for the surgery.

We had a heavy frost last night but the sun has already melted it off of the deck and the shed roof that we can see. Going to be a lovely day.

Have a happy Easter everyone. Just thought I would get this in early. We are not going to be celebrating Easter this year with the family as we do not want to expose Janet to any chance of catching a cold or getting a virus. Bit paranoid but not sure what she would do if the surgery is postponed again.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2015, 10:08 AM   #1122

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
i did however get to go up on the back 40 and watch the turkeys doing there talking,,the toms are really gobbling there hearts out and the hens are yelping there love songs,,,i swear those birds are the most beautiful ugly things that god created,,nothing like watching a gobbler in full strut and his head changing from red to blue and to white,,and the colors of his feathers when the sun is shining on them you can see the greens,reds, bronze just glistning in the sun,,,and when they gobble at you at 15 yards away it rattles the whole ground....boy i love it...nature is a wonderful thing to watch...

Hey Curtis, what kind of offroad beast are you building..? that is another one of my favorite hobbies,,,,i havealways had jeeps but im wanting to build a rock bouncer sometime and a mega powered sand rail to take to silver lake in michigan,,,i would love the feel of a 900 horse rear engine rail...lol
We've got Turkeys bedding down in the trees on the other side of the Runway. I can hear them from my back porch. They cross the Runway every morning and evening. So far we've got about 18 out there. Something I love is to see is Nature in my Back Yard. We've got wild deer and rabbits too!

The Buzzards were feeding on a dead rabbit yesterday out at the end of the driveway. Talk about big ugly birds. But, they make good road kill garbage collectors! It was windy here yesterday too and they were so gracefull floating around without having to flap their wings. A sight to watch.

I built a 1993 Isuzu Rodeo Expedition Truck back in 1998. Last time out I broke the front axle diff at the end of wheeling season and let it sit too long before trying to fix it. (About 5 years ago!) The fuel pump went out. So now I'm making repairs and getting it running again. Vatting and sealing the fuel tanks. Updating some of the Electronics and converting to LED's. (I've also got a Expedition Camp Trailer in the works that has remote control steering.)

A lot of people underestimate the Isuzu 4X4 trucks. And that's a big mistake. They come with triple boxed frames and skid plates on everything.
Mine is not stock by any means. I'll have to PM you all the details, because there are so many.
Hint: 20 forward and 4 reverses in 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive. Straight front Axle, Full Floater Rear and ARB locking diffs for starters.

Rock Bouncers are fun, but my pockets aren't as deep as they were when I was working.. We're just going to do some off roading in the Rodeo and see some of the sights we were most fond of when it was running.

GOOD Morning Vietnam!!!! Oh wait, wrong Show!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Curtis-T shirt.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	90441  
Old 04-03-2015, 12:36 PM   #1123

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Curtis it was great talking with you today. Fellas you should hear some of the stuff he has there. The man Cant Leave it Alone. So Curtis i proposed a project to drag down to your place and everyone tag team it. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/clac-...ml#post2494736..

Fear not Gordon, I'm planning on being very guarded. Already have a back brace that wont let me twist
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 05:18 PM   #1124

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening All,

Great day at w--k today. Good Friday so people didn't want to come in and get admitted. It was sweet! I don't say that about w--k very often.

I live out in the country but don't have a huge property. We have fields, lakes, rivers, small woods and a lot of farm land all around us. There are deer, turkeys, doves, cardinals, blue birds, finches, and hummingbirds, red fox, turkey buzzards, hawks, and wood peckers all over.

We placed feeders and baths both out front and out back. Oh and now we have squirrels. One has a rather nasty tail.

They all come to eat. Never know what will be out there. It is always obvious when the hawks come through though because the others take off in one huge flock. The hawk gets lucky enough to keep coming back. We love watching nature like many of you. It has a beauty even when they are killing. God made them with a brilliant mind to function as He deemed fit.

The deer will come up (at night) to the feeders when they can't find food elsewhere. We put corn out when they do. We stand in the dark kitchen and watch them rear up and kick their front legs at each other to get to the food. We started putting other piles behind some of the bushes so the little ones could eat too.

Nature is beautiful! One of the things I look forward to with retirement is to see it in other states and more wild areas.

See you all in the morning! Hope you have a wonderful and peaceful night, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:19 PM   #1125

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
We have a lot of different birds here at the park, some are really strange, but also have some common species. Hawks galore, there are 3 ducks that stay at the park. huge red headed wood peckers, hear different owls about every night, once in a while you see a bald headed eagle, of course there are deer, and even an alligator in the one water hole at the local golf course. We had 6 turkey come up to the camper all summer in ohio, I would put out corn for them to eat, but the chipmunk's tried to beat them to it.
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 07:52 PM   #1126

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rail,
So glad that you had a safe flight over the pond. Also we are happy that the MH is doing great and that you are having a great time, try to keep us updated on your whereabouts, so if you get close to any of us we can make arrangements to meet up, even if it is only for a quick cup of coffee and a handshake.
Frank
Franka548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 04:12 AM   #1127

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, I think that's one of the perks of living in the country we have many wild ones come and get a charge out of watching the interaction between them, just the other day we had a rabbit face down a deer and a gray squirrel for his patch of corn that we put out, the squirrel was really ticked off but the rabbit didn't back down. We have to stop feeding soon we also could have a few black bears around so don't want to get them too. Rail, I agree with others let us now where you are so we can do a meet and greet if its good for your plans so glad your MH is what you expected. Have a great day all.
Old 04-04-2015, 05:39 AM   #1128

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Coffee Club!

Good morning all,

Here's a new alarm clock for you, a coffee maker! Course don't know how many retired people use alarm clocks, but you could set it to your normal wake up time and wake to the smell of coffee. Yum!

Might be a problem though when the old bladder decides you need to make a trip first before that cup of coffee.

Anyway, have a wonderful day and Happy Easter! Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coffee alarm.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	189.8 KB
ID:	90508  
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:52 AM   #1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Car Nut View Post
Curtis it was great talking with you today. Fellas you should hear some of the stuff he has there. The man Cant Leave it Alone. So Curtis i proposed a project to drag down to your place and everyone tag team it. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f64/clac-...ml#post2494736..

Fear not Gordon, I'm planning on being very guarded. Already have a back brace that wont let me twist
No need to drag any projects here. I promise I've got plenty of them to keep everyone busy.
Enjoyed the visit too Jay.

Headed out for a scooter ride for breakfast with my retired motorcycle riding buddies this morning. Saturdays are the only day I use am alarm clock..

Happy Easter Ya'll!

Almost forgot.
That picture I posted is my Rodeo with me driving it in Moab UT.. And to put that rock step I'm driving up in perspective the trucks tires are 36 inches tall. That was a FUN DAY. Only flopped on its side it once.
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 05:54 AM   #1130
bap

goooodmorning all,,,coffeee is so good gotta have another cup....lol

gordan prayers will be going up strong for janet on monday..

as for the backyard wildlife i gotta mention a funny thing ,,,,we had a bird feeder up a pole but this squirle kept shimming up the pole and chaseing the birds away from it,,,,so i greased the pole with vasoline he would shimmy up then sliiiiiide back dwn he tried for an hour strait to make it up that pole....never could so he just finally went to his own feeder....funny as heck to watch...lol

i love sitting out my trail cam and catching the critters out in then woods u never know what you will get ...im trying to get a pic of this couger that lives back there i have ran into him ALOT while cutting firewood and stuff but never had a camera anytime i have seen him..i have been 20ft from him and can tell he is a full grown tomcat...awsome animal to say the least....
the deer here love to come up in the yard in the evening and feed on the apples in late summer and will almost stick there heads in my feed bucket when im feeding the horses,,,
everyone have a safe and wonderful easter...
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 06:01 AM   #1131
bap

ohhh yes CURTIS, i know about the rodeo,s they are a very capable offroad rig and with the correct set up will take you anywhere you want to go,,,friend i use to wheel with had a very nicely built one....he impressed alot of folks with it...
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 08:55 AM   #1132

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning all.

Enough sun yesterday to melt all of the snow. Wouldn't you know it, Mother Nature decided she liked white better than brown with greenish tinges so it is snowing and the ground is white.

We live out in the country as well. We have several bird feeders out that attract numerous birds. Favorite is the chickadee, least favorite is the Blue Jay. Chickadees are always happy, Blue Jays are noisy and messy.

While cleaning up the flower beds and checking the trees found several piles of Moose poop along with the tree pruning their browse does. We have had deer, coyotes, there was a fox den at the side of the property for several years.

Best to everyone for Easter. Hope you are able to be with family and/or friends.
Old 04-04-2015, 09:07 AM   #1133

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Happy Easter all! Hanging out with my sister and mom in lovely Johnson City , NY. Lightly snowing as the sun peeks out! Will be going home to Long Island tonight. Hope everyone is well or healing! Have a Great Day. Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:10 AM   #1134

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning!!

Coffee is great, the smell of breakfast (bacon) is killing me.

Lynne - Love that coffee pot alarm clock. As to the need to empty the bladder, I'm sure that will only be made worse by the sound of the coffee dripping into the pot. Just grab the cup on your way.

At our S&B which is in a development not the country we see a lot of birds every day although the starlings are killing off most of the interesting ones. No deer in the yard but lots of possum and racoons. My shop on the other hand is just a short drive away and it's surrounded by woods. We see a lot of deer and an occasional big cat there.

Hope you all are well and enjoying your holiday observances this week. Blessings on all your families.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote