Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #1135

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello All,

I will be w--king tomorrow so want to say Happy Easter today! Hope you all have a wonderful time and enjoy family as well. One of the things about w--king in a hospital is we can often get a smile out of someone who is spending the holiday in the hospital. Often just takes a little coaxing to get it. Hugs go around plenty too.

So hug your loved ones tomorrow and enjoy your day! Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2015, 02:02 PM   #1136
bap

happy easter to you to LYNNE,,,,hope you have a great day at w--k,,,bring that smile on to someone who needs it....

Old 04-04-2015, 09:35 PM   #1137

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Yes, Happy Easter Lynne, we know that the ones being taken care of by you will have a smile on their faces. Like your coffee pot alarm, most of us just automatically wake up at a certain time just about every day.
We have to put our 4 hrs in tomorrow also, but our pot luck dinner isn't till 5, and we get off at 1, so plenty of time. Rita and I try to work the Friday, Saturday , and Sunday shift because if we want to go do anything we do it during the week, not as many people there.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:00 PM   #1138

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well, this is the second message I am writing, Irv2 some how deleted the first instead of posting it?
Oh well, I am stopped for the night at New Salem Nat. Heritage Site, one of Abe Lincoln's places he lived when he was young! I used to come here when I was a boy, in the Boy Scouts, and always liked it here. It is just west of Springfield, Il.
Thanks for all the flowers from everyone, I am really pleased how the MH is doing! The wind was much better today, so the drive was nice!
Got stopped by a young cop today in a small town coming across rt. 36 in Mo. He said my plate did not match the vehicle? I ask him what it said, he said a chevy? Duh? I then told him it was a Chevy chassis, and a Holiday Rambler MH! Showed him the title, insurance card, and he said (have a nice day!) I know he was very embarrassed !! I doubt he will be stopping any more MH's for awhile!!
Curtis, Isuzu makes a very tough 4/4 for sure! If my son could not destroy a trooper in 3 years of mudding, they have to be tough! They are the no.2 vehicle in Thailand, Toyota is no. 1. They are almost all diesel over there though!
Terry, how close are you to Niagara Falls? Probably too far away! With us not going to S. Carolina, we missed Frank and HH! And Gordon was already gone from Yuma, we went north of Curtis in Texas, so not working out on seeing anyone! We will keep everyone posted on our whereabouts so if you are close to our travels, we can meet up, for sure!!!
We are taking this trip day to day, so we never know for sure?
I found a nice Pelonis ceramic tower heater on sale for 7 dls at Walmart in Phoenix, and another one at a small walmart in Mo. today and they sold it to me for 7 dls too!! They keep the MH toasty warm on the low setting, and it got down to 28 last night! The furnace works like a champ too, but might as well use the campground power as to my propane! The dual pane windows and the extra insulation package is very nice!
The only thing I do not like is the fuel fill, it is very hard to get it to take gas? Takes forever? The hose going to the tank is big, 2 1/2" to 3"? not enough angle, I guess?
Everyone have a great Easter! And a good night! Rail!
Old 04-04-2015, 10:32 PM   #1139

Winnebago Owners Club
Happy Easter to Everyone;

Hope you have a pleasant day with family and friends where ever you may be.

Rail - great to hear things are going well. Gas sounds like the vent to the tank may be plugged. Sorry we were not in Yuma. But we will be there someplace next year. We are planning to be more mobile next year.

Janet has one year left as Activity Committee President and then she is not re-upping. So she says. Will see. Our plan is to get around and handshake and coffee with as many of you as we can. This thread has introduced us to an entire group of people we feel would be good to be around.

Would love to get involved with a build with you all. I am not much on skill but I do hold the other end of the board really good. Have been know to occasionally cut square as well.

Take care and talk to you tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2015, 06:16 AM   #1140

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
HAPPY EASTER ALL, Cold and sunny here looks to be a good day. Rail, are you still going to NY City? if so what route? we are close to Albany, NY. Have a great day all.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:26 AM   #1141

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rail,
I agree with Gordon on the vent either being plugged or the hose is kinked or twisted.
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL
Sad time of the year, more and more of our neighbors are packing up and heading north. Coffee clutch is done as of yesterday, only 2 of us left and not worth making a pot of coffee for the 2 of us, end up throwing half of it away. So back to the Kuerig and IRV2 every morning.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:42 AM   #1142

Good Mornin' and Happy Easter to all! Just waiting for my brother-in-law to get back from church and then will be getting on home to Long Island. Had a light coating of snow here in upstate ny, will take i easy getting there. Had a great month and am looking forward to the next one already. Glad I got to meet all of you on here and meet Frank and Rita in person! Hopefully we will meet many more of you in the future! May you all be safe and well. Bobby and Sally
Old 04-05-2015, 07:45 AM   #1143
bap

Smile

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL OF YOU !!
wish all of you a great day and a safe one,,,,lets all do as lynne is doing and make it a point to put a smile on to evryone we meet this day,,,
Old 04-05-2015, 09:39 AM   #1144

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning;
Big smile here for sure. The first cup of coffee was wonderful. WorkingStarting on the second cup. Wonder why we call it working? Like working on a piece of pie. So the "W" word is not always a bad word.

Just below freezing overnight. The new snow has melted, all that is left is the drifts and pushed up piles of snow.

Invited to the son's house for dinner but he has a raging cold. Have declined the invitation for this year. Next year will be good to go. Just one more sleep!

Been keeping busy doing nothing around the house. Improved my golf game some more by observing the PGA tour. Learned a new skill by watching some curling. Have to be careful so I do not get too many sports skills as I will not have time to do them all.

Hope everyone has a great Easter.

Lynne - you are our hero. Besides your patients you bring a smile to us for all of the good things you do.
Old 04-05-2015, 10:06 AM   #1145

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning too all!! Happy Easter also!! Coffee is good this morning!

Yes, I thought about the vent also, so will put it on the list of things to check out when I get to my sons house! I discovered a headlight bracket that is loose, (cracked). The dash heater does not blow hot, found one shut off, but not the other one? Must be under the hump?
Terry, we are not going to NYC, as we did not go to S. Carolina as we thought either! So, going to Niagara Falls from Illinois. Albany is a long way from Buffalo!
How do explain to two Thai women about the water and the holding tanks? 70 gal's fresh, two 35 gal's for gray and black? Let the shower fill up?? Happened this morning, Shower stopped draining, tank full! Lucky I picked a site with a sewer dump, even though it is on the wrong side of the MH!
Had to move the MH all the way over so my 2 hoses would reach under the coach, and dump! Good thing I did not have to drive all the way to the dump station! Hehehehe!!! Well, time to get my shower and get moving! Have a great Easter All!! Rail!
Old 04-05-2015, 12:46 PM   #1146

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning and a very blessed Easter morning to you one and all.
Coffee is working it's magic. A bright sunny day and missing the grandkids. It's the other grandparents turn this year.

The website I'm working on for the disabled veterans project is almost done, will likely wrap that up today. Very excited for the launch and the prospects of what it will mean for the veterans we can help. Where would we be without all those who served?
The back is still not fully back to normal but its getting there. Had planned to go back to work on the S&B tomorrow but thinking I need to wait a little longer and, well DW is insisting I do so, I guess I don't have a choice. She gave me that "Do what you want" line today. The one that says you better not.
Time for another cuppa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Happy Easter to Everyone;

Hope you have a pleasant day with family and friends where ever you may be.

Would love to get involved with a build with you all. I am not much on skill but I do hold the other end of the board really good. Have been know to occasionally cut square as well.
And to you and yours. As stated before, would really enjoy a build project with this crowd. Maybe one day we will make it so. Everyone has some skill they can bring even if it's just good conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
So back to the Kuerig and IRV2 every morning.
Frank
What I use most of the time. Sometimes a French press. Yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Good Mornin' and Happy Easter to all! Glad I got to meet all of you on here and meet Frank and Rita in person! Hopefully we will meet many more of you in the future! May you all be safe and well. Bobby and Sally
And to you and yours. One day soon we will make it so. With enough planning ahead I'm sure we can manage to find a meeting spot all if not most can come to. Most here seem to like the idea of a rally so I'm certain we will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bap View Post
HAPPY EASTER TO ALL OF YOU !!
wish all of you a great day and a safe one,,,,lets all do as Lynne is doing and make it a point to put a smile on to everyone we meet this day,,,
And to you and yours. Agree, Lynne is an inspiration to us all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Hope everyone has a great Easter.

Lynne - you are our hero. Besides your patients you bring a smile to us for all of the good things you do.
We so very much agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Good morning too all!! Happy Easter also!! Coffee is good this morning!

How do explain to two Thai women about the water and the holding tanks? 70 gal's fresh, two 35 gal's for gray and black? Let the shower fill up?? Happened this morning, Shower stopped draining, tank full! Have a great Easter All!! Rail!
I would imagine the concept of a Navy Shower can be difficult for some. 10 gal hot water tank will school ya quick.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:17 PM   #1147

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Happy Easter Evening,

Got home about 7pm. Long day but not to awful busy at w--k. Got several smiles at w--k today. It is real hard for most patients to be in the hospital on holidays. Especially the older ones, they just want to be home with family.

One year one of the girls I worked with, her and I wore bunny ears and tails. So we would go into a patient's room and show them our ears then turn and wiggle our tails. Got a laugh every time even from one patient who was dying and hadn't smiled in a long time. He was one of our favorites. He passed two days later and his son thanked us for making his Dad smile that day. It was worth looking silly for that one smile alone. I remember him every Easter and smile.

Well, I am going to sit back and look for MHs. Summer is coming and I want to find one if I can. What is the difference between a Winnebago Brave and an Itasca? They look the same to me.

I agree Jay, where would we be without our Military. I always go up to them (when they are wearing a veteran hat) and thank them for my freedom. If they are in uniform too. Love our military!

Night all, sweet dreams, pleasant morning, good cup of coffee and a hug! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 10:43 PM   #1148

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Well, I am going to sit back and look for MHs. Summer is coming and I want to find one if I can. What is the difference between a Winnebago Brave and an Itasca? They look the same to me.
Lynne
Hi Lynne;
I think they are pretty much the same. There may be some color palette differences but that is about it. Both are made on the same production line on the same platform with the same plans and components.

I heard that Winnebago started Itasca in order to put more dealers in an area. Not sure how it worked out but the dealer network and their areas were guaranteed. By starting a new line WGO could put another dealer into a sales area without violating the dealer agreement. (As I understand it.)

Thanks for the message to Janet. Really appreciate it. Gave us a lot of comfort.