Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2018, 09:20 PM   #11523

FINALLY got the MRI done today and tomorrow I go see the Dr about the results. Should be no big deal, but this is my 6 month check up. The only problem is its late, it's been 7.& 3/4 months since the surgery. Yea, my Dr's staff has let me fall through the crack. Even though I've been calling and reminding them twice a week for 7 weeks to get it all scheduled.

I'm going to look around tomorrow and see if they are really V.A. Doctors.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2018, 09:40 PM   #11524

Gulf Streamers Club
Nope, not pee can. Pa CANN,, I have a pee can, and it it not a nut.

ron

emmitt is not involved in this discussion. He is asleep.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:33 PM   #11525

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Ron, I had lightning hit a big Hackberry tree out on the farm, blew bark off about 3" wide to the base of the tree, jump to a ground rod for the electric fence charger, blew it apart, then found the power line for the horse water tank heater, followed it into the house, jumped from the electric line to the phone line, "right next to each other on the side of the house", took out the phones, direct TV boxes, "had a phone line plugged into them." Luckily we had a whole house surge guard, and it saved everything! It is crazy how it jumps from one thing to another! Hope it did not hurt your pecan tree's to bad?

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 03-29-2018, 06:04 AM   #11526

Wow Ron shocking!!! Better the trees than your house. Hope the tree is okay. Close call.

Curtis, hope the tests shows all is good. I'm sure you will get that delayed testing point to the doc himself when you see him.

Took most of the day yesterday, but the oil is changed, new air filter, 2 new fuel filters, and a full chasis lube. Today I have the generator to do.

Gordon........ follow me on this. After the accident things had flown all around the cabin. Couldn't find my sunglass case, (sunglasses were on my head) and lost my Kazoo!!!! So yesterday lubing the chassis and go to do the steering column. Open the generator compartment door, (outside front of the coach) and grease the U joint on the steering column. Look up where the column goes throught the floor at the spline to see if it has a fitting and there entangled in a bunch of wires lies my Kazooo!!!!! Not sure how it got from the inside, to the outside? Need to investigate today, must be a sizable hole in the floor under the dash that is not making climate control easier. The concert is on!!!!!!! LOL

Charles, sounds like your dolly is now ready for the long haul. Happy to hear.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:44 AM   #11527

Gulf Streamers Club
Goodmorning everyone. Traveling today in MH to sister's place for a family visit. Probably coming back Tues. Will be dropping off MH at repair facility to have Saginaw 710 steering box replaced. Ordered rebuilt from Weller and it is at repair place. Never could get loose steering fixed on old box. Wish me luck.

Lightning strike was less than 10 meters from my brick garage apartment. Have three large pecans. Have a cable stretched between tree 1 and 2, and between 2 and 3. Cables are for dog runs. have drop leads going to near ground to hook up todog collar. Lightning hit first tree, followed cable to second tree, then followed cable to third tree. Vaporized both drop leads and fried carabiners on end. At end of one drop lead, blew a small hole in lawn. Calling tree service today to see if any of the damage is fatal. Wish me luck on this one too.

Well, need to run the dog and then pack. Y'all stay safe out there.

ron and emmett
Old 03-29-2018, 08:27 AM   #11528

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Dang good thing Emmett wasn't on the lead! Wow! Never think about things like that, till after the fact!
Lloyd, that is wild about the kazoo! Hope you find the hole! Or it could have been knocked out during the re-construction? You may never know? Rail!
Old 03-29-2018, 08:39 AM   #11529

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Good morning all. Coffee/cocoa good this morning. Maybe needed a shot of booze to help the day get going. Storms overnight. At 1:44 am lightning hit one of the pecans in the yard. Then went to another pecan via a cable that was between the trees for a dog lead. And then to the third pecan, also on a cable between trees. Looked after daylight this morning and see quite a bit of bark blown off, will call tree service and see if there are any dangerous limbs that need to be removed. We are at 3.9 inches of rain and it is still raining. Picture of fried carabiner that was on one of the cables. EEK

ron and emmett
Yikes indeed Ron, consider that "D ring" and now you know what I have been dealing with in our coach for the past year. And dare I say it, we were lucky as it could have been worse.

Lloyd, That's wild about the Kazoo.

Our new ATS switch is here and I plan to install it later today. I hope there is no drama and everything else is OK.

Everyone have a great day.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 08:45 AM   #11530

Gulf Streamers Club
When I get my house re-wired I will have installed the whole house surge protector so at least that should be safe from a lightning strike.

ron and emmett
Old 03-29-2018, 12:10 PM   #11531

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Top of the day to everyone!

Man o man, Ron that's close on the lightning! Hope your trees are OK, they took one heck of a lot of juice.

Stan put me in mind of a strike we had on the farm many years ago. It occurred just after the main storm was over, and things were getting quiet. Then, like a bomb it hit out in the grove. My mom was washing dishes at the time and received a pretty good jolt. Me and dad rushed outside fearing we would find dead cattle, as they were in the grove at the time. Well, no dead cows thankfully, but some trees, especially the one that was struck, were tore up pretty bad. The cows? Boy were those poor things spooked. They ran as a group from one end of the farm to the other. They'd run right up to us and look at us, then tear off in the other direction. This went on for 20 minutes, and luckily they didn't run through the fence and just keep going!

It toasted some appliances in the farm house, even though the house wasn't hit.

The most intense lightning I ever experienced was on a mountain top in Tennessee in the 90s. The strikes were many, and only seconds apart! That was crazy, very scary, and incredible. Being so close to the cloud made things quite dangerous.

Lloyd, puzzling stuff. The mystery of the kazoo!

Hope the health issues work out OK for you Curtis.

Allen, Charlene, consider yourselves lucky.....the 8 inches of snow you received last week?? Uh, we went from zero snow on Friday, to 17.5 inches by Sunday morning. Sorry for the 4 letter S word there.....

We're heading to TN shortly in the coach for a month. Take care all.

W.D. (Bill)
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:35 PM   #11532

Lloyd
Kazoo ?
So you're a musician ???

Anyway my guess is it probably got to it's location while the front end was off ?
Old 03-29-2018, 01:55 PM   #11533

Winnebago Owners Club
Lloyd and I are a tribute band. Lloyd carries me because I cannot carry a tune or remember the words. Lloyd is lead and I play rhythm kazoo.

What band you ask? The BG's.

First practice will be sometime in the future.

Hot here today. Into the 90's.

Golf was really nice this morning until the last 3 holes when it started to get warm. Home now and going to sit on the patio.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:38 PM   #11534

The BGs ?

Oh , well then , guess you'll post a video of the opening night ?

(I have connections )
Old 03-29-2018, 11:46 PM   #11535

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hello all, I have the new transfer switch installed and all is well...shhhhh did I say that out loud? I hate wiring stuff, being color blind sucks.

Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 06:26 AM   #11536

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Beautiful and sunny this am and about 63* right now heading to 80*. It's really lovely enjoying this weather right now.

We head home early because Jerry starts golf league April 18th. Would love to stay here longer but golf calls. I am sure you golfers understand.

They will have an Easter dinner Sunday with the park providing ham and the rest is signed up for potluck. Will be a good meal. Tim, I am taking the meatballs you liked so much.

Went to the pool last night and it was nice. Not many people and the water temp was just right. I will miss this. People having been pulling out and heading home or elsewhere. Some wondering if they need to re-winterize for heading home. More expected to leave over the next few days. Going to be a ghost town.

Charlene, next planned trip is M&G to SD. Plans could change of course. I have been looking at Moraine View State Park though over June 4th to the 9th. May be adding that to our list. What site # are you in?

Better go, things to do. You all have a great day and Lloyd, hope you get her all done so you can enjoy some camping.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote