Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2018, 11:25 PM   #11663

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Thanks everyone for the help in finding my next coach. I am restricted on length because of parking both at my house in Taylor and at my sister's place outside Gatesville. 32' is the sweet spot. And I also want short to be able to park in state and national parks easier.

Ummmm, so you're saying you wanna ride the short bus on purpose eh?
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2018, 04:39 AM   #11664

Gulf Streamers Club
Yes Charlie,, I want to ride the short bus. And I want to be able to sit at the front of the bus.

This Monaco has one jackknife sofe up front on driver side. On current coach (turquoise) Emmett has access under sofa for his den. Monaco has space but no access. One of the first alterations will be to fix his space.

ron and emmett
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:11 AM   #11665

Morning all!

Great news Tim! You were overdue for some good news. Bummer about the weather!

Ron, couldn't remember 32' is your magic number.

Had fun at bike night last night. Rode my CBX, it is always a hit. Went to dinner with a new friend afterwards.

Having lunch with my old boss today. Just a hello how are you meeting. Will get to hear how things are at work.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:20 AM   #11666

Vintage RV Owners Club
great news, Tim! Wonderful!
Lynne, take care and drive safely.

I'm thinking of heading to Davenport early next week, maybe Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest. First solo drive in Clora Mae.

Edited to add: Lynne, if you get bored or lonely, we can always video chat on Facebook messenger.
Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:10 AM   #11667

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
A little windy here today, but mostly sunny and highs around 80. Rita's. shoulder is coming along, still not where it needs to be, but improving every day.
Tim,
Good news on the health issues, you continue in our thoughts and prayers.

Have a great day ,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:33 PM   #11668

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening,

Still in Florida. I did a really dumb thing so we had to sit here. Turned a faucet on to fill a bucket, got busy while it was filling, stepped outside and flooded the coach. (Not very bad but it was wet enough) Yep, will never do that again. Spent the day getting it all dry which it is now. Did not want to go home into the rain and cold with wet floors and have it freeze and do damage so decided to stay put.

We also found a screw in the Equinox's tire. Something was telling me we were not supposed to get on the road today. The good news is I got to spend another day in the pool, got to play more Hand & Foot with Frank & Rita and some of the others here, and spent another day in the sunshine and warmth. Oh yeah, we went out for pizza and it was delicious! MI will soon remind me of why we did NOT spend the winter there. Oh, I do NOT want to go home.

Tim, prayers going out to you. Get well soon.

Ron, did you find your next rig? Emmett won't mind what you pick out as long as he gets to go with you and you fix his hidey hole for him. Sure would be nice if it was the right shade of color though.

Lloyd, wishing you a dry safe trip home. Hope it warms up soon for all of us.

Going to hit the sack. You all have a good sleep and pleasant dreams.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:14 PM   #11669

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello all. Yes Lynne, I believe I will be buying this coach. 1995 Monaco Windsor 32'. Going out Sunday and will get title and pay the monies. And spend about a day going over all of the bells and whistles with owners. Lots of new to me features on this coach like air suspension. Has new generator but it is lp, not diesel. 5.9 Cummins with Allison 3060 trans 6 speed. New Hankook tires but still 19.5 inches. Inside is nearly all original and in great shape. Outside is OK but decals on back and driver side are faded and cracked. Deja vu all over again.. Wondering if I should be putting some new paint on it, like I did with old MH. Might need some color consultants. Thanks again Rail for pointing me in the direction of this one.

And still do not know what Roadmaster chassis this sits on. Saw sticker above engine that says R2300 but do not know about that model. I know it has air suspension and side radiator.

ron and emmett
Old 04-13-2018, 09:22 PM   #11670

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Great to hear Ron, congrats! Can't wait for some pics!
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 09:56 PM   #11671

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ron, good news! Hope you got it for a great price! On the R2300#, I'm pretty sure that Roadmaster only made the RR8R, RR8S, and the RR10S chassis!
So my guess is that is a # for the wheelbase, as they did make a few different length's! My guess is it has a 230" WB! Or maybe that is the HP? 230 HP?
Look at the sitcker/plate under the drivers window, that should give you your answer!
The Monaco's of this era, mid to late 90's, were built with the Semi-Monocoque, all steel construction, full basement pass thru compartments, and on some of them that the paint and decal's have faded, you can see the bridgework looking frame shadows! This one has the same decals as Mona, a late 1996, so yours must have been built at the last of the 95's, and got the 96 decals! You will love the double overdrive 6 speed transmission, and you will love the ride/drive!

On another note, the iRV2 Android mobile APP stopped working on my Sony Z5 Compact phone last night, and I reported it to the administration! I am not the only one, as there was already a report and thread started! Hope they get is figured out, as I use that to post pic's and updates when we are of traveling!
Our next trip is to Japan the end of this month, for a week!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 04-13-2018, 10:18 PM   #11672

Winnebago Owners Club
Congratulations on the new coach Ron. Looking forward to seeing it in Custer. Color is whatever pleases you. I know you will have a great time with it.
Old 04-14-2018, 06:00 AM   #11673

Gulf Streamers Club
[QUOTE=guardrail53;4136441]Ron, good news! Hope you got it for a great price! On the R2300#, I'm pretty sure that Roadmaster only made the RR8R, RR8S, and the RR10S chassis!
So my guess is that is a # for the wheelbase, as they did make a few different length's! My guess is it has a 230" WB! Or maybe that is the HP? 230 HP?
Look at the sitcker/plate under the drivers window, that should give you your answer!

Picture I have found so far. I know Roadmaster made a RR4 chassis also, with four bags and four shocks. Will crawl under tomorrow and see. On test drive we had 15 mph crosswinds, gusting to 25. Lots of movement, too much to be comfortable. Will be looking into that. And taking a picture or two.

later, ron and emmett

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	95 Monaco VIN.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	198964  
Old 04-14-2018, 07:05 AM   #11674

Good morning all!

Congrats Ron! Might I suggest HONDA RED as the stripe color? LOL Cool that it is so close to home.

Son's coach here and in the barn. Let the project begin! We worked on the genny last night. Pushed the start button and it made a horrible grinding noise!!!!!!!! Long story short, pulled the starter and found the bendix was broke. Hard plastic gear, and the roll pin came out of it. Found a new starter on Amazon for $30,,, be here Weds. Pulled the carb. Nasty dirty, all plugged up. Not anymore. Clean now and re-installed. Genny muffler/exhaust in good shape, except the hanger broke and metal fatigue broke the tail pipe off. Found the tailpipe in the basement. Welded that all back together, not going anywhere now. Just need a starter.

Worked on the fridge. It worked on both gas and elec for 2 weeks, then died. Don't work either way now, no lights. He purchased a new circuit board and we replaced that, no change. Manual says if that don't fix it, then the inside circuit board is at fault. $62. Ordered,,,,, yep from Amazon.

Today we have a few to do's......... fabricate a new screen on the water heater cover, radiator expansion tank is cracked and leaks, Lloyd's plastic welding to the rescue, fabricate a tie down for the chasis battery (missing), install a transmission temp gauge and additional cooler, more on the list, don't want to bore you all.

Spoke to Gordon last night for a hour. Good to hear his voice. Figured we would catchup before they headed North Sunday.

Lynne, I made a simular mistake years ago,,,,, felt really bad, flooded the bath. Then Debbie went over the top ( not 1, but two waterfalls) and did the same in our 5th wheel bath. Walked away. 40 mins later I went to the trailer, it was running down the steps into the living room, then down the steps and outside the coach!!!! Significant mess!!!!

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:43 AM   #11675

Ron you’re going to love the 6 speed after having the 4 speed trans. I agree with the 2300 designation being about horsepower with Rail. And I’m curious about your rim width. On my C5500 I ran 245’s but the factory set up was 225’s. I had wear issues because of rim width. I really wanted to go with 245’s on Jane when I installed the new Michelins but because of the rim width for the 8R’s I went with the 225’s. You might only have 30 horsepower more and the additional weight will offset that but, huge but, that six speed trans will make it all different.

We close on the property in Dennison Monday. One of my big issues is the RV portel size. Jane is 35’ but if we upgrade chances are it will be to a larger coach. So right now the plan is to have 45’ under roof.
Old 04-14-2018, 10:40 AM   #11676

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
All is great here. Finished with the dentist, next year my turn. UGH!!

Leaving tomorrow. Forecast for home is not great. Predicting snow on Monday and Tuesday. Hoping to get across the border on dry roads, then we can park and wait.

Next trip for us is M&G. Excited about seeing everyone again.

Time has flown down here. Getting pretty sparse, could shoot the proverbial cannon down some of the streets.

Have a great day. Packing to be done.