Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2015, 07:24 AM   #1163
bap

AWSOME NEWS,,, TELL JANET SHE WILL CONTINUE TO BE IN OUR FAMILY PRAYERS...

and LYNNE,,, about the holiday i can tell you they are one of the finest tt,s i have ever worked on,,,the one the DW and i are redoing is a 68 and is still as solid as the day it was built,,,,very well made,,,,the only thing on this camper to be worn out is the shower pan,,,-----anyone know where i can pick one up....i havent really looked yet...lol...

anyway,,,prayers to JANET AND ALL OF YOU FOR A SAFE DAY !!!!
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-07-2015, 07:27 AM   #1164

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Hi Gordon, LOL. Heading to PT in a few, first official visit. The knee has been troublesome, seems to be more pain with this one for some reason, and I haven't been able to get the ROM that I need to function easily. It'll come just seems to be slower. weather is not cooperating ether this week it's cold and rain, hoping maybe next week I can start back. Oh I haven't been "busted" yet, or she is saving it you never know . So glad Janet is doing well.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:10 AM   #1165

Great to hear that Janet is doing well post-op, and that her spirits are good and she's up and walking. Keep it up, lady!
Old 04-07-2015, 08:23 AM   #1166

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Glad to hear Janet is doing well! Just getting the MH cleaned out as I am going to bomb it! When I went to see my sister and mom , my sisters son who wasted $250000 in college for Microbiology only to work in a food warehouse, (his choice), he did some research for Sally and says it was probably a Black Widow spider that bit her, she won't get back in the MH till I make sure there are no critters in there! She is better now, Thank God! Hope everyone is enjoying their day! Bobby
Bobby, I have gotten bitten by a brown recluse spider before, not a fun experience! Been 30 years, and it still itch's to this day if I scratch the back of my leg! It left a dent back there, where the skin died! I was lucky and saw it, and killed it, before it got away! It woke me out of a dead sleep, I jumped up, threw the covers back, there it was! I smashed it, put it in a jar, and took to the doctor the next day! And I bombed the crap out of that house the next day, I set off at least 10 of the bombs, could not go back in for a few days, it was so bad!! But when I did, everything that was living in there was dead!! Surprising what we live with and do not know it!!
Coffee is good this morning!! Foggy and rainy this morning, a good day to go to the Abe Lincoln Museum in Springfield, Il.
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 04-07-2015, 08:28 AM   #1167

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning everyone. I hope this day finds you well.
Great to hear Janet is doing well and in good spirits. As others have said, we will continue the prayer and keep her and Gordon in out thoughts until she is fully recovered. Someone has to keep Gordon on the path

Terry - Perhaps the PT will get you back on track and get your ROM where it needs to be. You too are in our thoughts and prayers.

Not much new here. Might be able to get back to work on the S&B tomorrow, but not going to push it. Dont want to delay things for 2+ weeks over 1-2 more days to heal up. So for now focused on what I can do from my office chair.

Bacon and waffles are on the menu for this morning. Time to get a second cuppa, have a fabulous day.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:27 AM   #1168

Hello and good afternoon Everyone.

So glad Janet is doing good Let's hope it wasn't just the drugs! Although I didn't post up yesterday I did have her in my daily prayers and thought all day!

Been kinds busy following the Texas House Session, and they finally recessed until tomorrow. Funny, but I've never been involved or interested in Politics until recently.
But since Politics are TABOO here I won't go any further with my reasons or beliefs.

I was able to acquire one more part for my BIG GIRL's transmission swap yesterday via the Brown Truck!

Won't be long we'll be doing Frankenstein's Brain Surgery on her Transmission Control Computer. BWWWWAAaaaaa!

Cloudy Day here today and yesterday it rained all morning. Should have some more before the week is out.

Sitting here at the computers listening to Pandora, and thinking about a Tuna Fish Sandwich.

You guys would laugh if you saw my desk. Three Computers, a Flat Screen TV, one Smart Cell Phone, a printer scanner and one sleepy cat! Plus more junk than you can imagine. Well, if you consider tools, research papers and car parts junk that is.

Gotta go, Need to push Porcha the Cat back on the Printer better before she falls off.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:45 PM   #1169

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Curtis,

Poor cat, take care of it so it doesn't fall. Why is it that so many of the MHs I am interested in are PPL and in Texas? Do you all have a lot of used MHs down there or what?

Glad Janet is well but knew she would be. She is in my thoughts and prayers and I know in a bit of time that she will get much better.

Good friend of mine was stopped behind a School Bus when a driver read ended her and rolled her car and crashed her into a tree. Thank God none of the kids were hurts because Kaye's car stopped her hitting the bus. Get OFF YOUR CELL PHONES people. Kaye has a broken neck, broken back, and broken nose. While you are all praying, please say one for Kaye and Leonard. They are in a bad place right now.

Hope you all stay safe, heal well, and get a hug today. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:49 PM   #1170

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
Sorry to hear about your friends. We have added Kaye and Leonard in our prayers.
It is not just the cell phones, but ALL distractions. People are doing everything but paying attention to their driving.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 07:59 PM   #1171

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Lynne,
Sorry to hear about your friends. We have added Kaye and Leonard in our prayers.
It is not just the cell phones, but ALL distractions. People are doing everything but paying attention to their driving.
Frank
X2....
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:40 PM   #1172

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Hi Gordon, LOL. Heading to PT in a few, first official visit. The knee has been troublesome, seems to be more pain with this one for some reason, and I haven't been able to get the ROM that I need to function easily. It'll come just seems to be slower. weather is not cooperating ether this week it's cold and rain, hoping maybe next week I can start back. Oh I haven't been "busted" yet, or she is saving it you never know . So glad Janet is doing well.
Hi Terry;
I think there is likely an age difference between the first knee and this one. Are you taking your meds? Fellow I ride with is adamant that taking the proper amount of meds helps with healing. Says you sleep better and your body spends more time healing rather than fighting the pain.

Best wishes and prayers to Kaye for a complete and rapid recovery.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:09 AM   #1173

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

We're getting quite a rain storm this morning but I have always loved the rain. At this point I wouldn't mind sending it to CA and other drought ridden areas cause those people are really in a mess. I think the property values in those areas are gonna drop due to this. Who wants to haul water in to live on.

Thank you for adding Kaye and Leonard to your prayers. She is a wonderful person and Leonard has been really sick over the past few years, I think this may be the end of her working.

Hope this AM finds all of you well, healing, and in fine spirits. I am so glad winter in over. I love Spring and summer and even Fall. Really look forward to being retired so I can enjoy Winter in a warmer climate.

Everyone have a great day today and tomorrow. The search for a MH continues. We have narrowed it down to a Winnebago or Itasca though. Floor plan works for us and I like the way they are built.

Take care, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 05:13 AM   #1174

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Gordon, my left knee was done two years ago, your friend is right you are supposed to take meds at a certain time and keep a level of meds in your body rather than play catch up with pain, the trick is to keep the minimum amount needed so you taper off without going to extremes, I am usually pretty good at it, just not lately. Janet ready to come home yet? I know I can't stand to be in the hospital.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:16 AM   #1175
bap

Lynne, just want you to know kaye and leanord are in my prayers as well as janet,gordon,terry, and all of you on here,,,i pray daily for all of you''
if you all would..i need your prayers for my wife debbie,,she as some of you know has stage 3 copd and stage 3 emphozima, she also has gone legally blind due to her inhallers, today she goes to her pulmanary dr., and then tommarrow she has an endoscopy,,,because she also has sever acid reflux now,,,very very bad... So if you all could throw a prayer up for us i would be sooo very greatfull....
Thanks to all,,,,,,i pray all of you have a wonderful safe day..
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 06:29 AM   #1176

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
bap,
We have Debbie in our prayers.

Lynne,
I made a living hauling water to homes in NE Ohio, a lot of cisterns and dug wells that quit producing. It is not as bad as you would imagine once you get used to it. You learn to conserve, just like when you are boondocking and have limited water supply.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote