Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2018, 09:38 PM   #11971

Vintage RV Owners Club
Have fun at the canyon, Charlie! Say hi to Martha for us.

Charlene
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2018, 07:46 AM   #11972

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
We are packing for camping this weekend. Departure tomorrow morning.

Mosquitoes are out in force. Hoping for the dragon flies to get active. Unfortunately they hatch slower so will be a couple weeks yet.

Have a great day.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:11 AM   #11973

Vintage RV Owners Club
Have a wonderful time, Gordon and Janet. Do you spray your yard for mosquitoes? I'm seriously considering trying that, this year.
RVM#169 | Charlene & Allen | Rig: 1989 Rockwood Prestige 32' Class A, "Clora Mae" | John Deere Chassis/Ford 460 engine.
RetroGrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:58 AM   #11974

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroGrandma View Post
Have a wonderful time, Gordon and Janet. Do you spray your yard for mosquitoes? I'm seriously considering trying that, this year.
No we do not. We pick the times we are out. In a couple weeks the dragon flies will be out to curtail the mosquitoes.

In the interim we are in slap and dash mode.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:43 AM   #11975

Update...have arrived in Washington state, no major problems and will get needed room n board aboard the princess cruise up to Alaska for 8 days, then across northern tier to Nova Scotia, making our way back home. Beautiful place this US, take the time while it is given.
vnm01wer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:01 PM   #11976

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnm01wer View Post
Update...have arrived in Washington state, no major problems and will get needed room n board aboard the princess cruise up to Alaska for 8 days, then across northern tier to Nova Scotia, making our way back home. Beautiful place this US, take the time while it is given.
vnm01wer, glad you have had a great trip! Hope the rest goes as well!
Rail!
Old 05-17-2018, 09:52 PM   #11977

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

It is the start of rainy season here in Thailand! The rain showers cool it off, but the hot comes right back! And with the rainy season, come more mosquito's! I feel your pain/itch, Gordon!

All is good over here, I went to see a new Dr. here at Jira's old hospital yesterday about a second opinion on my Lymphoma. Gave the vampire nurses what they wanted, and made a appt. for a CT scan. Pretty big que for the scan, but will do it the 31st, then back to see the Dr. a few days later to compare notes!

Not a lot of posts lately, and where the heck is Tim?
It is the busy time of the year, I understand!

Gordon and Lloyd, have fun on your trips, Enjoy!

Charlie and Martha, Enjoy the Grand Canyon, take water!

Charlene, glad you had a great trip, and everything worked good for you!
Back in the late 90's, I loaded up 5 of the GF's niece's and nephew's, in the Overland Class A, and took them to the East coast, to see the ocean! They loved it! And they all still talk about that trip, even now as they are all grown up!
Funny story about that trip, all the kids knew I was a trucker, and wanted to talk to all the truckers on the CB radio, so I let them do it for awhile, but got tired of it pretty quickly, so I told them to go back to the bedroom and watch TV, play a game, something? Pretty soon, every truck I passed, I was hearing the air horn? So I took a better look in the mirror the next one I passed, and I see little arm's out the bedroom window, pumping up and down, as we passed the next trucker! Kid's, got to love um!!
Same trip, we were coming in to Greenville, S.C. and noticed the black tank smell was pretty bad? I knew the tank could not be full yet, only been a couple of days? Backed in to the BIL's drive, check the tank levels, oh crap, the black tank was full, really full, and the fresh water tank was way down? Hmmmmmmm? Found a dump station, and went and dumped the tanks, and got back to the BIL's house! He had done some detective work, and found out one of the young boys had never been around a foot peddle flush toilet before, thought it was so cool to control the flow of water with his foot, that he emptied the fresh water tank into the black tank, and overflowed it into the basement! So we got it cleaned up, (My brand new MH) , and sat everyone down a explained how the systems worked, and did not have any more incidents on the trip! Lesson learned, explain everything, Before leaving home!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 05-17-2018, 10:05 PM   #11978

Gulf Streamers Club
Need to explain the systems to adults also if they have never been in an RV before.
ron and emmett
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 04:51 AM   #11979

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Rain, rain and more rain. Got between 3 and 4" yesterday. Had the awning out about 3' and the water pooled and KABOOM, broke the center knuckles on the support arms of the awning. Of course you can't just buy the knuckle, you have to get the whole arm, at a time of $350 each.
Rita is doing good with her therapy, have the 3rd session this morning, but with different therapist.
Got to run, have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 06:02 AM   #11980

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Looks like a bit of a cloudy day today. Expecting some rain on and off over the weekend. Keeping us from installing the Fantastic Fan. Coffee is good though! Really like this Walmart blend.

I agree with even adults needing a walk through a RV and how it works. We are still learning. When I took my first shower it was cold because I did not know you needed to flip the switch. I laugh about it now. Kind of like going to the wall and flipping the switch and "Wahla" you have lights, did not know I needed to flip that switch.

These things are different and it takes a bit to learn all the little quirks.

Charlie, you and Martha are going to love the Canyon. We particularly loved the North Rim but then we like less of a crowd if we can find it. Very rustic there.

Just saw a FB post where someone put bacon on shish k bob sticks and cooked it over a fire. Ever tried it? I think I may just have to try this this summer at a CG.

Cleaned half of my windows yesterday. Wow it is amazing how dirty they get and how nice they look when clean. Rest to come next week.

Jerry pickled some asparagus yesterday. He is getting so much out of the garden that he had to do something with it. I will freeze some next week.

Those going on trips have a great time out there. Those working on projects at home "get er done". Have a nice day all.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:48 PM   #11981

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Happy Birthday Lloyd! Enjoy your day! Ride safe!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 05-18-2018, 11:42 PM   #11982

Gulf Streamers Club
Y'all mean I missed another birthday? Man, I need a list. Happy birthday Lloyd. Hoping you have bugs in your teeth.
ron and emmett
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 12:02 AM   #11983

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nah, Ron! You are actually early, as am I, I am 13 hours ahead of you guys sooooooooo, I get the notification's on FaceBook! You need to get on FaceBook too, and friend us all! Rail!
Old 05-19-2018, 05:20 PM   #11984

Oh NOOOOOOOOO !
Don't get OLD on us !