Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2018, 06:05 AM   #12013

Good morning all!

Dang Curtis, sorry about your hand. Thank goodness it didn't hit your head or something else vital. Hope some how you make M&G. Heal quick!

Lynne, that will work. My Dad used to do it all the time. Works very well if the tank your filling is bigger than the tank that is the source. Yours should be fine. Great Idea on the stripes. Make sure you de-wax before spraying.

I was also working on propane yesterday. We bought this cool 17" propane griddle made by Blackstone (purchased on Amazon). It came setup to use those small gas bottles, however I spent some time yesterday and set it up to quick connect to our coach propane outlet. Will be great for pancakes, sausage and peppers etc..

Temp got to nearly 90* here yesterday. Going to get at it earlier this morning, and quit earlier too!

Have a great day all!

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2018, 08:15 AM   #12014

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Going to be another warm day here. Predicted to be 86. We are getting high temperature warnings.

Heat is good for the garden. Have to do a bit of watering but it will keep me busy.

Took the bike in for some work. One of the front fork seals is leaking. Bike will be done by the end of the week with new tires, fork seals sealing and possibly new brakes. Fellow who maintains our bikes says the brakes are pretty good. I will have to go through my previous repair bills but from recollection this is the first change of brake pads.

Price of fuel here is 1.349 per liter. That is 5.19 per U.S. gallon. If you discount the Cdn dollar it works out to $4.03 U.S per gallon. Something is really wrong. I think we have to start boycotting one (1) of the major fuel companies to send a notice that it is time to stop the gouging. Fuel here should be in the 50 - 60% range of what it being charged which would be about 1.91 U.S per gallon.

Read that the French government raised the price of fuel and the travelling public responded by parking their cars on the streets and walked home. Fuel prices quickly dropped.

Friend we ski with is coming for a visit so have a few things to do before he gets here.

Have a great day.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #12015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post

Lynne, that will work. My Dad used to do it all the time. Works very well if the tank your filling is bigger than the tank that is the source. Yours should be fine.

L.

Learn something new everyday.
Old 05-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #12016

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yeah, me too Ron! We will sometimes try these things but not always do them after that. Quite a few people told us they did this and showed us how to hook it up. Will see soon enough.

Took the vent off where we are going to install the Fantastic Fan. Got it all cleaned up. This vent was hooked on with four screws only. The four that the vent cover hooks to. I could not believe it! Small screws too. There was some kind a vey sticky black adhesive I had a mess to clean up. Had to pry it off there and it was clearly the original install too. New one goes on tomorrow.

Decided while I was up there to take off the vent cover on the fridge vent. Wow was it dirty under there! Painting the screws while I have it off. Going to treat with 303 protectant while I am at it. Screws drying now so will put back on in an hour or so.

I was surprised at the dirt under these covers. I wash the roof twice a year so it's not like I just let go. I remove the covers too. Must have been extra dirty in Florida. Sure was dry.

Hey Frank! How are you and Rita doing? Wish we were still there but it's nice to be home too. Did I tell you I started a new job? One of those they contacted me about while I was down there. I am watching a 84 yr old lady with dementia. She is a sweetie and the family needed someone to fill in 2 or 3 days a month so it is not too much. They have been looking for someone they can trust. I was recommended to them. Told them I did not want anything full time but a few days a month works just fine. Gas money for Miss May I figure. They know about my travel and winter plans.

Well, better get back to the rig and get some of these things done. Have a good evening. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:44 PM   #12017

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hello all,

Martha and I are in Laughlin, Nevada at Don Laughlin's RV Resort. It's a tad warm here. in the upper 90's but the AC is keeping it nice and cool inside. Expecting triple digits this weekend. On the upside, the humidity is just 8% so 90* (out of the sun) seems quite comfortable. We are here until June third and then off to Tule, California and the Sequoias.

June 1st is our 27th wedding anniversary. Martha is a tough woman to have put up with me that long.

I just finished another blog entry. We visited Homolovi State Park and the Hopi Ancient Pueblo Ruins, Winslow Arizona and the Grand Canyon.

If you are interested you can read about our explorations HERE.

I hope everyone heals quickly, Curtis I have had several bad injuries to (three to my right hand and two my left hand) each hand. Do what the doc's tell ya or you will pay for it in the end. Ask my how I know. Oh, and trust me when I tell you it's going to rain.

Later y'all
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 05:18 AM   #12018

Good morning all!

They have forecasted afternoon T storms everyday this week, but so far I have not seen one. It has been about 90, and high humidity.

Lynne, good job on the caulking. I did some of the same myself yesterday. A few spots with cracking caulk,,,, heading problems off at the pass. Sounds like you have a great handle on the fan install. We use ours a lot, I'm sure you will as well.

I spent some time polishing the wheels on Ms Prissy yesterday. The rears were a mess. Don't think the paint shop kept them protected as mush as they could of. The fronts were easy, they are both brand new. The owner of the shop gave me a small sample bottle of a aluminuim polish that sponsors his show truck. I've used mothers for years. Well this stuff is 1/3 the work!! And the end result looks like chrome. Really good stuff. I will get some more. Would be great on my bikes.

Charlie, you guys are having a great time. I hear Laughlin is nice. Enjoy.

Deb made curtains for our sons motorhome, the ones for the windshield. The DL and her picked out the material, and she sewed it us. Came out great, son expected to stop by this morning after work and pick them up. He works 3rd shift.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:27 AM   #12019

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
What's the name of that aluminum polish Lloyd?

It's true Mother's is good, but labor intensive. 1/3 the work sounds good to me.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:08 AM   #12020

Top of the morning to all from Skagway, Alaska..54 degrees, windy, partly cloudy, heading up to white pass on rail, back on bus...have a great day all
vnm01wer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 04:37 PM   #12021

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Afternoon;
Went golfing this morning. Good game but hot, some mosquitoes.

Just had our afternoon thunderstorm. Unfortunately there was some pea size hail in the mix. Thankfully not very much. Discovered that there were a couple eves troughs with leaves. They are clean now and I am wet.

Have a great afternoon,
Old 05-25-2018, 04:54 AM   #12022

Good morning all!

Vnm01,,, how about that Alaska!!! Good for you! Pictures please.

Electra, will get you the name. Bottle sits down the hill in the shop.

I bragged too much yesterday, around 10 last night we got a T storm, a good amount of rain. Today there is supposed to be a lower chance.

The dash air in Ms Prissy has never been right. Long story made short,,,, when we purchased her the dealer had just installed a compressor, mechanic didn't fasted the return hose in the loom over the engine, it laid on exhaust manifold,,,, and well that was that. Repaired the hose, found the condensor was in sad shape replaced it and the drier, recharged. But it never really had cold air. Yesterday I got into it again. Pulled the drier and found it was dirty, lots of little peaces of rubber. Also pulled the thermal expansion valve. Drove to Charlotte and found replacements, going to recharge this morning and see if it perfoms better. May have to do this again in the future, I guess the hose failure got some in the system.

We should be on the road around 1:30 this afternoon. Will feel very good to make another trip, even if it is a short one.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 05-25-2018, 05:10 AM   #12023

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Rain, rain and more rain here. Not entire washouts but everyday. Retention ponds and lake are full. Things are getting done, tree trimmers are in taking down some problem and dead trees, pool people resurfacing the spa, grass being cut. Waiting on permits to start on buildings.
Rita is doing good on therapy, making excellent progress.

Lynne,
Way to go on your job, just don't let it get to be too much. Have had to put golf on hold the last couple of weeks due to all the rain.

Lloyd,
Have fun and a dry weekend. Hope you get Ms Prissy A/C. repaired.for good.

Have a great day,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 05:22 AM   #12024

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Another beautiful sunny day today from the looks of it so far. Planted some squash the other day so this sunshine and heat will start it out good.

Finished the Fantastic Fan install yesterday. Going to put the vent cover on today. Wanted to let the caulk dry a bit and check it out to make sure I did a good enough job.
Re-caulked around the antenna while I was up there so will do a quick check on that as well.

Then I plan to clean the area around the entrance door that I removed the decals from so I can get that sanded and painted. Dad always taught me that if you didn't do the prep work you would be doing it again or it would never look right.

Our anniversary in Sunday. 46 years and we still like each other. When you first get married you really don't think about being married for 50 years but we are getting close.

Hope all are enjoying their summer. Lloyd, have a good trip even if it is a short one. And yes, VNM01 (what is your name please) pictures would be nice. Gordon, watch out for those mosquitoes, they are dirty little buggers.

Have a good one! Lynne
Old 05-25-2018, 05:36 AM   #12025

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Well wishes to those ailing. And safe travels to those on the road. Lynne, just thought about the touch-up painting that I need to do on the Gulfstream and your mention of prep before painting and am wondering about the Zep we have put on our coaches. Have read that Zep is relatively difficult to remove and assume it would need to be removed as part of prep. Are you doing anything about the Zep as part of your prep?

ron and emmett
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 07:10 AM   #12026

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hi Ron,

Yes, Zep makes a stripper for their wax but basically any wax stripper will work. I will also use a Magic Eraser when the wax is gone and then sand the area a bit so the paint adheres better. The area by the door I did not Zep because I knew I needed to do something with it. So it never got wax put on it. The decals I did Zep so will need to remove it from there.

I am on the list for a White Mini. They are out to the end of this month it says. I will check early every morning as it seems they are selling out within minutes when they do have them in. This company is getting more and more popular for their product. The Step Through sold out in 3 minutes.

Will let you know when I get a confirm on an order. Lynne