Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-09-2015, 05:12 PM   #1191

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
I feel ya and thats all I'm gonna say.

1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-09-2015, 06:14 PM   #1192

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
FGM,

I take care of patients with this disability who are in better shape than I am. I can definitely sympathize with you. I hold my tongue a lot with this.

Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:28 PM   #1193

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Evening Everyone;
Thankyou for all of the thoughts, prayers, and good wishes.

I brought Janet home today around lunch time. I have taken the position of MR Mom and am enjoying it immensly. Janet is hurting but the drugs seem to be working. She gets stronger each time she is up to do her exercises.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:22 PM   #1194

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Good Evening Everyone;
Thankyou for all of the thoughts, prayers, and good wishes.

I brought Janet home today around lunch time. I have taken the position of MR Mom and am enjoying it immensly. Janet is hurting but the drugs seem to be working. She gets stronger each time she is up to do her exercises.
Glad to hear that Gordon, Janet will be up chasing you around soon! Bobby
Old 04-09-2015, 11:36 PM   #1195

I just don't understand what is going on in this country. My dad worked his butt off after immigrating here thru Ellis Island in the 40's , never got to cash his first check, dying at 62. Although i'm sure my mom got something... My brother John got bone cancer at 14, they removed his right leg gave him hell to get his prosthetic one and $65 ssi. He had his left shoulder carved up at 21, so no use of his arm. Begged them to remove it also as it was in his way to do anything, denied. Finally he told them to keep their SSI as one of the requirments was to go to a SS doctor to verify his disability was still there, like he grew a new leg and shoulder muscles. He lasted till he was 35 dying a very bitter young man! He never had any of lifes joys and now they give all this away like candy to others, it is insane! I'm glad I don't have children, as I would fear for them in this crazy world we are living in! Bobby
Old 04-10-2015, 04:58 AM   #1196

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Gordon, Eleanor and I was just saying that Janet should be coming home . Glad to hear, she will advance so much better at home.
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:18 AM   #1197

Vintage RV Owners Club
I woke up, so that makes it a good day, just wish it had not been at 04:00 in the morning. 06:00 would have been much better. May your day, be the best ever. gps
Old 04-10-2015, 06:48 AM   #1198

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Gordon,
Give Janet our best and we are glad that she is home, now her recovery will be in high gear.

Coffee great this morning, upper 60's now going to be near 90. Work at the park this morning so nothing done on the 5er.

Rail,
Did you get into the storms there in Illinois? We haven't heard where you are for a while.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 07:08 AM   #1199
bap

goodmorning gang,,,,,very happy to know janet is home......who can get any rest at a hospital,,,,,,i bet lynne dosent....lol..like terry said she will recoupe much faster and be more comfterble at home at home and im sure your doing a great job of at being mr mom....

thanks for all the prayers for debbie,,,,her test went well everything normal on the endoscopy,,,,but that also means it,s probably her gall bladder ,,she has that test the 20th,,,,,,
everyone have a great and safe day
Old 04-10-2015, 08:11 AM   #1200
bap

and LYNNE so happy to hear about KAYE how is leanord ?

i know when i broke my back the first time i had to wear one of those huge metal braces with the wingnuts on each side....no comfort there at all...

the walnut leaves are fresh,,,i would just break the green end of the branch off and put around..
Old 04-10-2015, 08:52 AM   #1201

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Frank,

Sometimes I am not very suttel and people laugh at me but it works for me.

Curtis, Are those dry or fresh walnut leaves and do you all keep the good used MHs down there in Texas. Every time I find one it seems to be at PPL in Texas.

Kaye is improving. They moved he to rehab for physical therapy. You should see the brace system she has to wear because of her broken back and neck. She said thank you all for the prayers. She is just glad the driver hit her and not a school bus full of kids. She is such a sweetheart.

Well, I got to get busy looking to see if any new MHs are for sale any where around close to me unless Curtis kept them all in Texas again.

You all have a wonderful evening. Good healing to all and may you get a wonderful hug today! Lynne
I use fresh leaves. We have a friend with walnut trees at his house so I just cut off a small branch to take home when we leave. Then break off the leaves and spread them around. Melissa has this pot full of popourie
she put some in.

I feel for Kaye, I broke my back when I was 25 and it was a nightmare. Has to learn how to walk all over again.
Thank GOD I lived a somewhat normal life again a year and a half later.Well, normal for me.

We have several large RV dealers around the DFW area of Texas. Send me a PM of your shopping list and I'll do some research for one. If we find one you want to check out I'll go give it a once over and tell you whether you should come look at it. THE BEST used RV Dealers closest to me are in Colleyville, Denton South Fort Worth and Burleson. Now Just remember Texas is a big place.

We're headed for a weekend in San Antonio and it's half way across the State driving. About 6 hours for us one way.

Going to go see #2 son and his wife. We plan a day at the gun range. In Texas that's a normal family activity. Ha!
( please no discussion about that subject here as its a taboo subject for discussion
PM me and we'll exchange cell # and talk all we want.)

I'll check out $ A while we're down there for good dealers.
Old 04-10-2015, 10:23 AM   #1202

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Morning,
Currently +35
Feels like +25
and yes Snowing like, well its snowing can't see across the street.
Just washed the MH yesterday in the driveway... Owell coffee is good.
We're getting ready to go to my brothers for the weekend.
Went last weekend to try and sell the 64 had a few tire kickers but no takers.
Had a gal come out that has her horse boarding @ his Hobby Farm, she had a friend with her that she was allergic to horses and said she will just sit @ the fire pit and watch. The next thing we hear is her son yelling that something had happened to her mom, my brother and I got in the golf cart to go see what was going on.Well she got thrown from the horse, and was laying on the ground unconscious My brother is a EMT thank heavens and took over. We called for a ambulance 2 showed up along with the HWY patrol, city police, and maybe 3-4 volunteers He lives out in the country.
By now she has regained Consciousness they took over, got her on a Gernie on off to the hospital. It was the longest 5 hours I've been thru Waiting
They came back later in the evening and she had a concussion, a head ache, a large egg on her head but she said she was okay and test's came back normal.
Boy what a scarey day.
Hopen it isn't a weekend like that...
Off we go,
By the way the MH is running tops.
Have a Great Weekend,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:51 AM   #1203

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning.

Gordon - such great news re Janet. Speedy recovery with minimal pain. Done the Mr Mom bit myself a few ties when Patty has been ill or after surgery. I loved taking care of her and keeping the house in order (well best I could anyway). She does these things for me every day and I really enjoyed giving some of it back. How the heck she has put up with me all these years I'll never know.

Without doing the entire list, happy to know all of you are on the mend.

Can't have a coffee club rally if you are all stuck home with faulty parts.

Have a great day.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:47 PM   #1204

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hello Coffee Gang,

Glad Janet is home ad Debbie's tests were good. Leonard is not so good but he has had major health problems for years. Kaye is doing a lot of therapy and I just Love that girl, she is so positive even with this.

I agree Old Car Nut, we have all got to get better so we can meet for coffee and maybe some lunch, and maybe a dinner or two and a cook out and maybe a week visiting ad playing games. I look forward to meeting ya all.

Curtis, I am going to Dunbury, OH tomorrow to look at 5 Winnies. Will see what turns up here and if not, I will get ahold of you. Thank you for the offer. I love the people on this thread.

No, no one gets sleep at the hospital. They sure got their money out of us today but I am off the weekend and love it!!!.

See you all tomorrow evening as it will be a 5 hr drive one way to look at MHs and time to look at the MHs so will be gone most of the day. SO, see you Sunday AM if not before. Have a great weekend!

Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote

« Total Rebuild | - »