Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2018, 07:38 AM   #12027

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Hi Ron,

I am on the list for a White Mini. They are out to the end of this month it says. I will check early every morning as it seems they are selling out within minutes when they do have them in. This company is getting more and more popular for their product. The Step Through sold out in 3 minutes.

Will let you know when I get a confirm on an order. Lynne

Installed front fender on my Mini last night. Looks good. Waiting on rear because it looks like I will need to remove rear tire to get that fender on. It took me a while to find the fenders in stock and get them ordered.

ron and emmett
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2018, 08:37 AM   #12028

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Nice start to the day. Sun is up and the little bit of rain we got last night has greened the lawn overnight.

Have a safe trip Lloyd. Even a short trip is better than staying home to cut the grass, unless you like cutting grass.

Today is going to be a cleanup day. Will get the washer out and have a go at the stacker. Then going to put it away which will require a major realignment of stuff already in there. Starting to sound like there will have to be some stuff reassigned to other locations. Read the kids will have to take their crap home!

Have a wonderful day.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:30 AM   #12029

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning,

Our anniversary in Sunday. 46 years and we still like each other. When you first get married you really don't think about being married for 50 years but we are getting close.
Happy anniversary you guys! Ours is on the 1st. 27 years for us. Yes, Martha is tough.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:03 AM   #12030

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Afternoon Everyone! Coffee was good today!

Just wanted to say hi, and bump the thread!

I watched a good movie the other day, RV related, 2018 "The Leisure Seeker"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3741632/

Pretty good movie!

We bought a Elliptical Trainer yesterday, and had it delivered, so today everyone is sore! Good, no impact, exercise, and hope it helps me shed a few pounds, and tone up!

Just finished lunch, spicy, basil chicken! Man, was it good! The restaurant next door is so handy and so good!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 05-26-2018, 04:35 AM   #12031

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Ron, I think there is a video on YouTube about putting the fenders on your Mini. Take a look. They are still out but hopefully I can sneak in and get one ordered.

Charlie & Martha! Happy Anniversary on the 1st. Jerry and I joke that it is a good thing we found each other because no one else would be able to do it. I have told people that God was up in Heaven looking down when Jerry was born and said: "We are going to have to send someone special down to control that boy." and so he sent me. I am on a God driven mission! Just glad we found each other.

Rail, hope the exercise helps. I do good for a bit and then fall back into old habits.

Gordon, do you ever wonder where you collect all this "stuff" from and why. Then you have to move it again or get rid of it. Wish I had all the money for "stuff" we no longer need and got rid of.

It's been in the 80's here and I have gotten a lot of outside stuff done but head to the club today to do some painting outside on the range.

Have a great one all. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 05:26 AM   #12032

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Getting summertime hot here. 96 today, will be 100 in a couple of days. Moving Gulfstream to sister Linda's place outside Gatesville today. Under cover there,, will just use as my visiting bedroom for a time. I will be able to park the Monaco behind my house in Taylor and can do some of the clean-up and fix work from there. Memorial day weekend is the homecoming for the little farming community that I was raised in for my first 7 years on this third rock from the sun. Turnersville. Then back to Taylor and work on my old house. And my new Monaco.
ron and emmett
Old 05-26-2018, 06:18 AM   #12033

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ron,

There is a video on YouTube by Rad on how to remove the back wheel and install the fender. There is also a video by a guy on how to install the fender without removing the back tire. It requires some finagling but can be done. He lets the air out of the tire to accomplish it.

Both are on there so you can decide which you want to do. Even though the 2nd one is a bit more difficult I would probably try this one myself. Haven't decided whether to get the fenders or not. Have never had them on a bike before and won't ride in the rain unless I get caught up in it.

Hope this helps. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 09:57 AM   #12034

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Going to be a lovely day here today. Not as hot as yesterday but the sun is out and the grass is growing. Had another brief shower/downpour last night.

Lots of tasks to do and trying to get after all of them. It seems to be getting longer so a list may be in order.

I think there is a space rule/law that says if we have an empty space something will put itself on our credit card to follow us home. While it would be nice to have the money one has spent on some stuff we would just spend it on something else that may soon go into the discard bin.

Fenders may be advisable while in Custer. Having spent some time in the area over several visits I can say we will have a good chance of getting caught in local storms/thundershowers that can be generated by the hills. An alternative to fenders could be a light rain suit such as Frog Togs which could be used for more than bike riding.

Off to check out the furnace in the coach. Getting a red failure light on one of the pumps but it seems to be working as we are getting heat from that zone. Looks like a call to the support people will be the next step so trying to anticipate any questions and have an answer.

Have a great day.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:45 AM   #12035

Gulf Streamers Club
Made it safely to sister Linda's place outside Gatesville. Stopped for fuel in Gatesville to have a full tank while in storage. Noticed clearance lights were on. I had flashed my lights earlier to warn oncoming traffic of deer grazing in right-of-way of Hwy 36. But I had turned lights off after that? Checked and lights were off but clearance lights were on. After parking under cover at sister's I checked and clearance lights will not go off. Remember y'all helping me get clearance lights working at Kentucky rendezvous? Well, we must have fixed it too good. I disconnected the wire I installed in Kentucky and all is good for now. Will remove headlight switch and replace and see if that works. But all else is good. May be time for a nap.

ron and emmett
Old 05-26-2018, 02:47 PM   #12036

Winnebago Owners Club
Ron - happy you made it safely. Amen on the over-fixing of the clearance lights. I expect something else may be the issue otherwise they would have been on and you would have noticed.

In for a nap as well. Have a good one.
Old 05-26-2018, 10:16 PM   #12037
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Just a quick note to say hi to everyone.

Work has been very busy lately.

Frank, we drove past your exit twice last Thursday. I waved on the way south. Traffic and bad weather on the northbound trip made me forget to wave. (We went to Punta Gorda.)

Today, I had a solo trip to Marco Island. I remembered to wave both times.

The subtropical storm Alberto had not hit yet during my drive. I only saw some light rain. Being a Saturday, traffic was very light (no rush hour traffic past Tampa). The northern half of the trip (from Ocala and north) was dry.

The Governor of Florida has declared a state of emergency for all 67 counties to allow coordination with the federal government if needed. With all of the rain we have had in the past week or two, the ground is soaked. More heavy rain (maybe 10+ inches?) could cause flooding issues.

Well, that's the news from the "Sunshine State" and the rain is also known as "Liquid Sunshine." We do not want to discourage tourism.

Everyone, have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend.

We remember and honor those who gave their lives for our country this Memorial Day.
cwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 05:25 AM   #12038

Good morning from Anderson S.C..

Attended Seneca Fest yesterday, enjoyed Terri Clark a bunch, the Kentucky Headhunters noot so much. A lot of people left during their show. It was very loud, and the played a lot of their new Blues music.

No plans for today, may just hangout here and camp. Raining at the moment.

CWK, good to hear from you. Hope the Eagle is getting ready?

Ron, those lights are controled from another planet. Something strange there.

Thanks for your service to all our veterens. Have a great holiday all!

L.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:53 AM   #12039

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
We also want to thank all the veterans for their service.
Rain, rain and more rain here this morning, no high winds yet, but possibility of 40 to 50 mph winds sometime later today.
Charles, we waved back at you as you went by.
Not a lot happening here. Did get the spa resurfaced. New light posts and street signs are due in later this week or next. Tree trimmers are in taking care of dead limbs and, gringos out the stumps that were left.
Stay dry and have a great holiday all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 06:52 AM   #12040

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Good morning from Anderson S.C..

Attended Seneca Fest yesterday, enjoyed Terri Clark a bunch, the Kentucky Headhunters noot so much. A lot of people left during their show. It was very loud, and the played a lot of their new Blues music.

No plans for today, may just hangout here and camp. Raining at the moment.

CWK, good to hear from you. Hope the Eagle is getting ready?

Ron, those lights are controled from another planet. Something strange there.

Thanks for your service to all our veterens. Have a great holiday all!

L.

Morning from Toronto Canada.
Have been following hoping Lloyd would post name of that aluminum polish. As others have said, 1/3 the work is wonderful.

Hope everyone has great day.

Bob
Almost There is offline   Reply With Quote