Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-27-2018, 07:14 AM   #12041

Gulf Streamers Club
Goodmorning everyone. Looking at Alberto on radar. Praying for all those in storm path. Today here in central Texas we have high pressure which is keeping the storm all east of New Orleans. Dry and hot here. Near 100 today and next week.

Today is Turnersville Homecoming for me and family. Very small farming community I was raised in for first 8 years. Call from son Edwin last evening and he and oldest (5) daughter will be coming from Austin. Looking forward to it. Great potluck afterwards that I always enjoy.

ron and emmett

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2018, 08:00 AM   #12042

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Happy Memorial Day to our American friends.

Going to be another sunny day here. Brief shower last night but not enough so will continue watering. Predicting rain next week.

Regripped my golf clubs yesterday. New grips = better score. Not going to mention that to the guys I golf with in case it does not work!!! LOL

Have a great day.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:55 AM   #12043

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Morning all,

Sitting here reading about the tropical depression. Man I sure remember the anticipation and concern with storms in the Gulf. We lived in the New Orleans area for 9 years and finally decided to bail out after Katrina.

Here in Laughlin water is a concern too. Just the lack of it. The Mojave doesn't get much. Here in Laughlin less than 1" per year. We are still hitting the upper 90's here daily. The Newmars A/C has sure been working hard but so far it is keeping us cool and comfortable.

Martha and I played disc golf yesterday and she kicked my bottom. I need to practice putting if I am going to beat her. I can throw to the baskets in two, but putting it in them the basket (putting) is proving to be my nemesis. It doesn't help when we have 20 mph variable winds...Yeah I know, I'm making excuses.

Thanks to all who served. Everyone have a great rest of the weekend.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:41 PM   #12044

Hi Bob!

Left the bottle at home in the shop, will get you the name when I return. Headed that way in the morning.

Just camped today. Hung out and enjoyed the day, cooked a big batch of sausage, onions and peppers this evening and all ate together. My new griddle is awesome. Also did eggs for 8 this morning,,,,, with bacon!!!

We are getting out of here early in the AM, rain to hit here and at times be 2" per hour.

Have a good evening all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:06 PM   #12045
RV Mutant #172

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Lloyd I just purchased a Blackstone table top propane cast iron griddle.

Haven't tried it yet though. Is that what you have? Can't remember if you said or not.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II towing a 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511/ Good Sam/ Passport America.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:58 AM   #12046

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Coffee is good this AM and sitting here enjoying the bird song as they wait for Jerry to serve them breakfast. With the heat we are keeping the baths filled, little buggers need it. Love watching them bathe.

90's today and tomorrow. Going to get to weeds early before the heat chases me back inside.

To those who served, thank you for your service and to those who gave all, rest in peace.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 05:02 PM   #12047

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning (actually afternoon)
Finished the last raspberry bed this morning with the help of Janet. Found a birds nest in one of the cane stands. So far one egg in it, wasn't there yesterday. Hope we did not disturb the area too much so the parents return.

Also worked on cleaning up an old lilac tree. Only a few blooms the last couple years. Going to dig it out and replace with some of the suckers that have run from it. Should be back to lots of fragrant blooms in a year or two. We have a couple vases with the flowers from this year and the house smells really good, like lilac. Neighbour has a small track hoe that I can use to dig the stumps out.

Have a great rest of the day.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:31 AM   #12048

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Today is golf.

Supposed to start raining tonight about midnight. Hope the prognosticators are correct. We can use the moisture. Neighbor gave us some seedlings that he had extra so our garden is now officially full. Lots of potatoes are up and everything is looking good. Lots of plumbs set on all three trees, same with the three cherry trees, saskatoons are good, apple trees have some set, raspberries are starting to bloom. Unfortunately it appears the blackberries have not made it.

Have a great day.
Old 05-30-2018, 04:29 AM   #12049

Good morning all!

For those not following on FB, my buddy Diesel Cat passed yesterday in the early morning. Over the years we have had a number of pets, however this one was the most special. He was such a speciial guy, would sit and talk with me for 10 mins anytime, always had to sleep with me on my pillow, touching me to be sure I was there. He was with us 9 1/2 years. I wish we could have done more for him, but at least he passed peacefully at home with us.

My freind John is here staying in Site 1. I am going to call this morning and confirm if we can take the Freightliner Custom Chassis Factory Tour today. It is only about a 45min drrive from here in Gaffney S.C.. It shoulld be interesting. They run 3 lines. a school bus line (mostly Thomas School buses) a front engine step van line (UPS trucks etc) and the RV chassis line. The tour includes all 3. They build 190 units per day.

We are pretty soggy here. Rain, rain and more rain. Not as bad as someplaces, but tough to mow or do any outside activities as red mud is everywhere.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:33 AM   #12050

Sorry to hear about diesel Lloyd, it's always hard when you lose a family pet.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”93 Coachmen Pusher 38' 8.3Cummings, 6sp Alison. "Roy"
olcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:36 AM   #12051
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Lloyd, sorry to hear about Diesel.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:44 AM   #12052

Yea Lloyd I'm sad for you guys.

I have 2 cats. One I can do without, (a leave me alone eat and poop machine) and then there's Porch'a.
Found her on our back porch about 12 years ago as a barely weaned, thrown out of the car in the Country kitten. Hence her name Porch'a. For A Porch cat.
She's my little mouse and rabbit hunter. We also sleep together and she hangs out with me in my shop. As long as I'm not grinding or welding.

If I walk to the mail box, or go walk to visit a neighbor she walks with me like a puppy. Afternoon naps are our cuddle time. And she is our night guard. Anyone in our yard at night and she will howl to wake me up to come see.

Funny thing, she will not use the bathroom outside. We have a litter box in the house and shop, and those are the only places where she does her business. She will come get one of us to let her in if she has to go to the bathroom.

At night she comes in after the porch lights go off. Lights are on a timer for 10 pm. If I want to bring her in for any reason I will whistle like calling in a dog and she will come running. Shes my sidekick ! I could go on and on with Porch'a stories but you guys get the idea.

I've had the pleasure of sharing my life with some amazingly intelligent animals. Going to miss this one when her time comes to go.

So you have my condolences.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:13 AM   #12053

Gulf Streamers Club
Lloyd so sorry to hear about Diesel. I know he was very special to you.

ronspradley
Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 07:55 AM   #12054

Winnebago Owners Club
Lloyd;
Sorry about Diesel. Certainly one of a kind.

Finally getting some rain here. Have been watering the garden and this will really get things going. Weeds will do well but I will be ready for them.

Today is a perfect day to do up accounts and the business taxes. Never nothing to do.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and those that are hurting will heal quickly.