Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2018, 06:38 AM   #12097
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Stella Awards

It's time again for the annual " Stella Awards"! For those unfamiliar with these awards, they are named after 81-year-old Stella Liebeck who spilled hot coffee on herself and successfully sued the McDonald's in New Mexico, where she purchased coffee. You remember, she took the lid off the coffee and put it between her knees while she was driving. Who would ever think one could get burned doing that, right?

That's right; these are awards for the most outlandish lawsuits and verdicts in the U.S. You know, the kinds of cases that make you scratch your head. So keep your head scratcher handy.

This year's runaway First Place Stella Award winner was: Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of*Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, who purchased a new 32-foot Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mph and calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway, crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs.*Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down?

$1,750,000.

PLUS a new motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any relatives who might also buy a motor home.
Being the sometime skeptic that I am...

Some online searching and I found a 2004 article that says this is not true. There is no such court case found in either federal records, nor Oklahoma (where Mrs. Merv Grazinski supposedly lived).

https://newsok.com/article/1884374/c...under-scrutiny

And...

According to this account (An Urban Legend) it was MISTER Merv Grazinski who was driving the motor home.

But, they do get folks' attention and some chuckling...

Have a fun day, everyone!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2018, 07:37 AM   #12098

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Talked to Tim last night and he has been in the hospital for a couple days. Supposed to be going in this morning for a procedure. Says his new cardiologist is better than the previous. Have a successful procedure. Talk to you this evening.

Sunshine is running rampant today. Again. Need rain.

Janet has caught a summer cold. I am hoping it will be of short duration.

Lynne - we only golf twice a week. Consider it a being unsupervised for a few hours. You will be pleased to know there is a very large shooting range just outside of Yuma. From archery to 50 cal. Called the Red Adair range. I can introduce you to one of the shooters in the local club.

Lloyd - have a safe ride. Have my motorcycle back from the shop. New tires and everything ready for the roads at M&G.

Garden is growing very nicely. Watered yesterday and hoping for rain. Weather predictors keep saying showers but nothing happens.

Have a great day.
Old 06-07-2018, 04:39 AM   #12099

Good morning!

Dang CWK, you took all the fun out of it!!!

Hope Tim's proceedure went well? I know from speaking to Joe a week ago he was not at all feeing good. Not surprised he is back in the hospital. Get well Tim!

Gordon, sounds like your bike is ready. I have a little to do on mine, but should be ready for M&G. Hope Janet is feeling better?

I called Riivers Edge yesterday to find out about our site for this coming winter. Spoke to Glenda. She said they have not yet started to work through the site list, they plan to start next week. I thought I remembered when we placed our request they expected to respond by June 1st, it will be more like the end of the month. She says no worries, they have plenty of sites are not booked to capacity.

A friend of mine (Real Estate Broker specializes in farms and country estates) posted on FB that he was looking for someone to do Bush Hogging. Long story short, I have my tractor loaded on the gooseneck, have a 1 acre lot he is preparing for a spec house to cut, then a multi acre tree farm about 15 miles from here. Paying what seems like good money. Will add to the fuel budget for Ms Prissy, gonna need it this year, fuel is really high.

Speaking of fuel, my buddy John who was staying in site #1 texted me yesterday, filled up with fuel in Pennsylvania, $3.79 a gallon!!!! Yikes!

Well off I go to make my lunch, then head off to bush hogging my way to big money!!! LOL

L.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:17 AM   #12100

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Talked with Joe last night and he said Tim's procedure was a success and he was feeling better. Hopefully this am is the same and Tim gets to come home today.

Sunny day today and the Blue Jays have already had their peanuts. Love watching them. Weed pulling today. Yes, it has to be done.

Gordon, look forward to the introduction to your firearms friends in Yuma.

Have a great day today! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:19 AM   #12101

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Spoke to Tim last night. Procedure went well and seems to have worked. Said he was feeling much better. He sounded much better, he spoke much clearer and stronger. Hope this is the fix that works.

Working on the coach today. One of the Aqua Hot pumps went out so have to replace. Easy enough to do but just time consuming.

Sun is coming up and the day looks to be a fine one. Supposed to be warm. Lots of mosquitoes but there are a few dragon flies starting to appear. Once they get going the mosquitoes disappear quite quickly.

Lloyd - have fun with the brush hogging. Going to hook up my rough cut once I get some other tasks completed. Got a little bit behind and if feels like I am falling farther behind each day as the list is not getting shorter.

Weird information from Rivers Edge. Tim said he was assigned a spot behind us and his old spot was given to someone from Arizona. Not sure what is going on but it will all work out I am sure.

Have a great day.
Old 06-07-2018, 08:53 AM   #12102

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning everyone. Tim, praying you are doing better. Lynne, hope you have success with your purchase of the ebike.

4 electricians and a carpenter in house. Good thing I am writing this because if we were trying to talk that would not work. Sounds like we are on the wrong end of a jet aircraft takeoff. 5 guys all asking where is that, where does this go? This should be a fun day. Is it beer-thirty yet?

Wanted Monaco here for this phase so I could go outside and hide in coach but it is still in shop. Working on air leak, fuel leak and wiring for clearance lights and dimmer for headlights.

Time to answer 20 questions.

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 10:01 AM   #12103

Gulf Streamers Club
Reading Monaco owners manual about Allison MD3060 transmission. Can check fluid level with buttons for shifter. Picture shows instructions.

ronspradley
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	95 Monaco Allison fluid.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	206139  
Old 06-07-2018, 01:53 PM   #12104

Gulf Streamers Club
Lynne,, did you get your bike?

ronspradley
Old 06-08-2018, 04:47 AM   #12105

Good mornng all!

Happy to hear Tim is doing well. I know he was fustrated prior. Hope he comes home soon and gets back to the things he likes to do.

Lynne, I took my handguns with me when I went to Yuma, figured Deb and I could hit that range. However we never seemed to find time, came home and never used them. I will be sure to bring them this year, with you there we will have incentive to find the time.

Ron, keep those contractors going. Sure hope they get your place right!!!! My Allison has the same proceedure for checking fluid level. I`ve only did it once. It is bone dry under there, no leaks.

Gordon, hope the Aqua Hot pump turned out easy peasy, and fixed the weird problem you were having. You need heat up there in the great white North!

Very Loooonnnnggg day yesterday. The 1 acre lot that I needed to bush hog was very thick. Cut it in low range 3rd gear, slow going. Took 90 mins. Came out great. I then moved to the Peacan farm about 10 further miles away. It was much easier cutting (3rd gear medium range) however there was a ton to cut. My guess is 15 acres? And of course lots of trees to go around. Took me 7 1/2 hours to cut this, didn't leave there till 7:30pm. It is all good, getting paid by the hour. Just parked the truck and trailer last night. Got to unload this morning.

Tomorrow is the Dual Sport ride. Got to hook up the bike trailer, pack my gear and bike this afternoon. And give the bike a once over. Need to leave here at 5am, have a 85 mile drive to the start point,,,,,,, start is at 8am.

L.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:08 AM   #12106

Hope Tim is feeling better soon....lots of fish that need to be caught.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”93 Coachmen Pusher 38' 8.3Cummings, 6sp Alison. "Roy"
olcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 05:40 AM   #12107

Lloyd I wrote up a big long reply about your ride then the Forum dropped when I went to post it. So here's a short version. Headed out in a few minutes for a busy day.

If you were 2 states closer I'd come join you. Love my dual sport bikes. We call them Adventure Bikes here.

I've got 5 different ones. 3 actually run and are plated right now.

Gotta run. I have a race care coming today that I'll be building new engine mounts for. And gotta run get three go kart type off road buggies before he shows up.

I copied this time before I post it.

Oh and good morning gang! Gotta get.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:51 AM   #12108

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Yup the installation of the pump was easy peasy. Anything that could go wrong seemed to happen but in the end the new pump is in and working. It was interesting. The original pump had a red light on and you could not hear it run. In spite of that there was heat in the registers inside!! Now the light is green, I can hear the pump run and there is heat inside. One task out of the way.

Got my replacement water pump from Shurflo yesterday. Today may be switching the old pump out. The new pump is about 30% bigger capacity so gives better water flow at the taps. Just enough difference to make it worthwhile.

Lloyd - have a safe ride.

Cloudy and had a couple showers. Supposed to be sunny and hot later today. Mosquitoes are very bad. Hope the dragon flies hatch out quickly.

One of our friends from here is in Yuma and shoots two or three times a week. Will mention your interest when we next see him.

Our transmission does the same check. Should be easy as one could do it when idling the engine for cool down - just have to make it a habit. Find it just as easy to check the transmission when I check the engine oil in the morning before start up.

Have a great day.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:21 AM   #12109

Gulf Streamers Club
Looks like my transmission fluid level dip stick is only accessible inside, after raising bed. Will have to check better when I get it back from shop. Maybe today or Monday. Depends on delivery of part to stop air leak.

Lloyd, safe trip.

Tim, hoping you are feeling better and can get back to the important stuff, like fishing.

Picture of kitchen I am working on. Electricians yesterday completed wiring for kitchen and got sub-panel installed. I have lights.

Time to get at it.

ronspradley
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen cabinets.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	206258  
Old 06-08-2018, 09:16 AM   #12110

Winnebago Owners Club
Kitchen is going to look great Ron. Brings back memories as my parents always had a white kitchen. Nothing as nice as your though.