Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #12181

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Afternoon,

Cooled down last night and today is much more tolerable. Looks like rain though.

Frank, you have seemed to have your share of rain lately. Glad the 5er is there.

Got my electric bike. One like Ron's but white. Charging the battery now.

Check out a thread called "Can Anyone Help" under "Vintage". They have a project.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2018, 11:19 PM   #12182

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goooodmorning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Lloyd, hope the sod job went OK!

Frank, glad the 5'er is next too you! Been very rainy here also!

Lynne, glad it cooled off for you! I was looking at the temps for SD when we will be there, highs in the 70's/low 80's, lows in the high 40's/50's! Great sleeping weather!

Timmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????????

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 06-20-2018, 05:49 AM   #12183

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
After dinner last night, it dried off enough that the bearings are packed on the right side and the tires are in the back of the truck to go to the tire shop today. Heading to take Rita to PT in a few minutes..
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:41 AM   #12184

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Warm here again today. Sun is out and possible thunder showers this evening. Looked at the grass and decided it does not need to be cut today.

Hope the sod laying went well. Now all that is left is the best position to perform intensive sod soaking supervision. Lounge chair on the porch would be my vote, with appropriate beverage, of course.

I think the fencing operation is starting today. Hope all works as designed. Working with barbed wire is not a fun thing to do but having the right tools can make it passable.

Congratulations on the bike Lynne. Once you got through the lottery it appears that delivery is very quick.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 06-20-2018, 01:56 PM   #12185

Freightliner Owners Club
Good Afternoon Gang,
2 more sessions with Rita's PT. She is not where she needs to be, but is gaining on it. She is really good about doing her exercises at home.
Got 2 of the tires changed and balanced, charged me the same as the semi tires, ouch, didn't see that coming. Right side is done and on the ground, will pull the left side after dinner and go get them changed tomorrow. Plus grease the suspension(wet bolts)and pack the bearings. Then Rita and I will wash her then will be ready to wash Goldie.
Lynne,
Glad that you got your Rad, enjoy.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Old 06-20-2018, 02:01 PM   #12186

Winnebago Owners Club
Ouch is right Frank. How big are the tires? Is there another shop you can use?
Old 06-20-2018, 02:45 PM   #12187

Hi All!

HOT!!!!!

Sod is down, we plugged one area and layed down all but one roll in another. Looks great. Taking lots of water. Did I mention it was very hot?

Today the fence work began.Started at 7am,,,, by 11am it was HOT! Worked until 2pm. Sitting here after a cold shower with the ceiling fan going trying to chill.

Tomorrow we go again. If all goes good, (the hammer broke a couple bolts today, fixed now) we will start stringing wire tomorrow. Tractor trailer due here either Friday or Saturday with more wooden posts and fense boards. Going to try pre drilling the holes tomorrow, then hammer in the last foot or so. Ground is very hard from all this heat. Hot!

Frank, are those the tires for the 5'er? Those are very expensive. But very good heavy duty tires.

Lynne, rode your bike yet?

L.
Old 06-20-2018, 02:49 PM   #12188

Forgot to post pics of barb wire put'er upper! Let you know how it works after tomorrow.

L.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180618_093234.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	335.0 KB
ID:	207864   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180618_093245.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	352.1 KB
ID:	207865  

Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:59 PM   #12189

Freightliner Owners Club
Looks good Lloyd, that should save you a whole lot of time.
Lloyd and Gordon, yes tires for 5er, they are 215/75 R 17.5 LRH cHarged me $35/tire to remount and mount and $30/tire to balance. No one else in the near vicinity can handle that high a load range. Luckily, I got the tires at a really good price.
Frank
Old 06-20-2018, 09:03 PM   #12190

Freightliner Owners Club
Left side tires are off and in the truck, hooked up the water and turned the W/H and ice maker on. Will finish up the bearings and suspension tomorrow and start washing the old girl.
Frank
Old 06-20-2018, 11:57 PM   #12191

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good evening all,

Martha and I are in Gold Beach Oregon now but leaving in the morning in the general direction of Portland and ultimately to Orcas Island via an ocean going ferry (not cheap....). We have friends that moved there about 8 years ago and they run an organic farm there. The coach will have it's own FHU pad complete with a 50 amp service.

I just added another blog entry and it is rich with photos. If anyone is interested you will find it HERE.

After Orcas we start heading toward Iowa for a family wedding and then to Pensacola for my sons wedding. Gonna log a lot of miles in a short time.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 01:01 AM   #12192

Morning all, been awhile since posting on here, but have been reading. 3:00am and can't sleep.

Anyone here from Tim hope he's OK

I bought the paint and supplies to paint the bottom half of my coach, start striping the strips in the morning.

Everyone enjoy what your doing and keep well or get well.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.”93 Coachmen Pusher 38' 8.3Cummings, 6sp Alison. "Roy"
olcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:10 AM   #12193

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Fog laying around the fields this am but it is pretty and cooled down again last night.

Went to a Second Amendment March in Lansing yesterday. First one I have attended. There are a lot of fights going on with the legal issues behind this. Very interesting.

I have not ridden the RAD yet. I want to get it checked out by a bike shop (who knows a lot more than I do) prior to riding it. Don't want to do any damage to it. Hopefully when I get back I can do a few miles and then I need to do some painting on the rig. Tomorrow and Saturday I take care of the Dementia Lady. So Sunday will be my first day to really ride unless it is a good paint day.

Charlie, sounds like you and Martha will be doing a lot of traveling but I think you can handle it. Have a safe trip.

Got to get my coffee so talk with you later, have a nice day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 07:39 AM   #12194

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Another lovely day here. Going to start watering the garden again. There is no rain in the forecast. Garden is doing well.

Hope everyone has a great day.