Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-13-2015, 03:03 PM   #1233

Gordon, great to hear that about Janet! Reducing the dosage is huge if she's able to manage the discomfort with less and less. woo hoo!

Lynne, good luck with your search.

Jeff, good luck with the viewings today. I'm guessing someone else may even enjoy them more than you, especially if they're able to use it frequently! Lovely work.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2015, 05:14 PM   #1234

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gordon,

Been to Crazy Horse and I agree it is worth the trip.

Rail,

I agree about the MHs and taking the time to find the right one. I have lost out on two that were a great price and a great condition. I know no used MH is going to be completely trouble free but leaky roofs (with black mold) in my opinion are more than I want to deal with.

Driving to another State especially South is very time consuming for me right now with working. I would like to find the MH now but am not going to buy until I find the right one. It will come when the time is right. I can wait. Most days I can anyway. I get inpatient, but I can do it.

Meanwhile I keep putting more money away each month and that may change what we buy by a lot.

Glad Janet is getting better and hope the same for Terry's knee.

Jeff,

Wish you didn't have to get rid of any of them. I go by places where they have these old TT's and MH's just sitting there going bad. It makes me wonder why some people keep these if they don't use them. There are places up here where people have boats, vehicles, and TTs and multiples of them just sitting there rotting in the sun and snow. They have blue tarps on them that have rotted and are not helping and they just leave them.

I don't get it!

Anyway, hope you al had a great day! W--k wasn't to awful bad and yes, I am counting down to my last day. Retirement can't come soon enough.

Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 08:35 PM   #1235

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rail,
Glad that you are having a good time, sounds like you have a full agenda. Enjoy your short time back here in the states and as before keep us posted.
bap,
Sorry that you have to sell your baby's, but one does what one has to do. You will find other ones to replace those that you sell and who knows you may like them even better.
Lynne,
Good attitude about finding the right one, I know that it gets hard to keep your patience, but you will do it. And retirement will come, it is just not as soon as we want sometimes.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:10 PM   #1236
bap

well the holiday sold this morning,,sad to see leave for sure,,,but it went to a great family,,,this was there first vintage and i told them about what to look for even if they didnt choose ours,,,like getting down under it and checking everything under there and looking up on the roof , also opening up the closets upper cabnets and looking for hidden problems,,,,debbie and i have learned alot over the last few years and going on sooooooooo many wild goose chases that i really want people to learn from the start what we have had to learn over the course of years..,,,,
i also told them about all of you and irv2,,i really hope they jump on here,,great people and i hope and pray they make many great memories with the holiday,,,

rail, good to know your name is stanley that was my grandfathers name so i wont forget it,,,but i gotta say i really like calling you RAIL, i like it...lol
i got the name bap from my grandsons,,,thats what they started calling me when they first learned to talk and it just stuck...lol..

LYNNE, i know about seeing so many just waisting away in grown up weeds and i will go up and ask if it is for sale and they say no,,,one time i found a little old shasta with the wings still on it, it was packed full to the ceiling with junk and clothes,,i asked if it was for sale and they said no because i wouldnt have anywhere to put my stuff,,,even offered to build them a nice shed and boot,,,they still wouldnt let it go,,,rotted down now...
i also know where an avion is sitting been there for over 25yrs and in great shape not sure what avion it is but it,s about the size of the airstream bambi would love to have that one for sure,,,owner may ewven have passed away none knows the owner and hasnt seen them in 20yrs its only 5 miles from my house....kills us every time we have to pass it,,,,we would love to save it but dont know how to.....agggghh

anyway,,,i cant remember what i read now before i posted about the sale,,,crs or just old,,,lol...

thanks to everyone for the kind words about haveing to sell,,,,but it was like a puppy that you love and you want it to go to a good forever home and i do belive thats where it went,,,it was sad for us but we were happy where it went...
...bap
Old 04-14-2015, 06:35 AM   #1237

Good Morning Everyone! Thinking of all of you and yours and hoping that the pain and suffering subsides so we can all enjoy the summer ! Sally is healing from whatever bit her on our trip to Florida, and my back is easing up. Still have numbness in my leg and foot but better! Imagine it will get better as my wallet gets thinner buying new seats to replace the worn out ones, but I did manage to revive the refrigerator saving a thousand or more! Have a Great Day All ! Bobby
Old 04-14-2015, 08:19 AM   #1238
bap

goodmorning everyone,,,took a few cups of the java to get my thinker goin,,,grandson had a ballgame last night,,,,,i swear im more worn out by watching than i ever was when i played...lol
Old 04-14-2015, 09:19 AM   #1239

Good morning everyone. Melissa and I had a good time in San Antonio this weekend
Got back yesterday. I love retirement!

We left Friday morning after rush hour died down around here and took the back roads
No rush, no fuss, no problems.

Saturday morning started out as a lazy day since we all stayed up past midnight Friday night talking.

Saturday afternoon my youngest son and his wife took us to an outdoor range and we had a great day. Then we grabbed a bite to eat on the way home.

Sunday it was raining so we thought, good day to visit the Alamo. It was crowded anyway but everyone was pleasant. We spent an hour reading and looking and thinking about the history that that building made. ( I'm a history buff.) Then shot a bunch of pictures in the courtyards. DIL is a computer graphics designer by day and a professional photographer at night. This girl has an eye for cool stuff.She sells her pictures on this Web site and makes some good money at it. And later after the Alamo we walked the Riverwalk for a while and enjoyed some Belgium waffles along the way then walked some more, followed by the restaurant for dinner.

We stopped at an Authentic Mexican Restaurant with a live band. (You can't throw a stick in San Antonio without hitting an authentic Mexican restaurant BTY.) But this one was different as we had to get the daughter in law to order for us.
None of the menu was in English and the waiter barely spoke English. DIL is Puerto Rican and she grew up in San Antonio. So we had an inside track to the best food. The food was great. I ordered something I'd never heard of and will have again the next time I am there
Boneless chicken breast in a spicy Malas chocolate sauce.(You can barely taste the chocolate for the spices.)

She introduced me to a different kind of Mexican Music than Marachi. This band was playing Baladas. It was so good I set up a Pandora station too it. You can hear some if you look.for Jose Feliciano on Pandora or just try Baladas.
The Feliciano station is the closest to what I heard in the restaurant. Very relaxing background music for just driving or chatting around the campfire. Since I don't speak enough Spanish to understand the words I just enjoy the melody of the music.

We got up yesterday when Katherine left for work and spoke to Joe for a while, between his work calls. He owns a garage door business and runs it for home and his pickup. Makes a great living doing this and has almost no overhead.

Then about 10 am we headed for home. Ate lunch in Marble Falls and got home right after the flood water drained off. Our yard is now mud again!

Hope you guys have a good week. I've got to go. The coffee pot is calling my name.
Old 04-14-2015, 09:25 AM   #1240

Congratulations on the sale, bap. Sounds like you're happy for the Holiday's new owners, which is great.

Last night, I finished bolting my fuel tank and skidplate back on after my fuel pump change (it was starting to die on our recent trip to S. Utah, but it got us home!), played with my new 80A P-D marine converter-charger in anticipation of installing it in my MH with four Trojans, and coached my youngest daughter's volleyball practice.

Time for a coffee refill!
Old 04-14-2015, 09:37 AM   #1241

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Well we stopped at Pleasant Creek S.P. just N. Of Cedar Rapids! Us and the campground host were the only ones here! The geese are making some racket this morning, and the birds are singing! So nice and peasefull! Got down to 34* last night, MH stayed toasty warm with 2 little ceramic heaters on low! Article insulation package and dual pane windows are nice for sure!
Bap, aka( Jeff ) Rail is good! Been called that all my life! All my close friends call me that!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Rail!
Old 04-14-2015, 09:51 AM   #1242

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Curtis, sounds like a good time, I also like history and love to see all that I can when in a new area. Bobby, good to hear Sally is better that stuff (bugs that can eat you) can be scary. Seen some in Nam that I never want to see again . Bap, sorry to see you having to sell a TT we all put alot of ourselves into some of these projects, but it sounds like its going to be loved and used, and that's what its all about. MT good to get that MH back together I bet, another project done. Rail, its great that the vacation is going so well, (nice when a plan comes together eh).
97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:52 AM   #1243

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning Everyone;
Cloudy today and supposed to rain later. Started picking up leaves on the yard yesterday. Got about half done. All of the stuff picked up goes into a compost pile. Want to finish today. Makes the yard look a lot cleaner and opens up the ground for the rain to soak in. Good to get out and do some work.

Sounds like Curtis had an enjoyable trip. Always good to visit family. From his description I could taste some of the food. Really got my attention when he said chocolate.

Glad Terry is back from his 'flush'. Hope he recovers quickly. I always like to see the progress he makes on his TH. Now we should start to get bits of progress as he works his way back to full resto mode. I know it will take a while to get to full production but any progress is good to see.

Glad Jeff and Debbie were successful in selling one of their restorations. Selling it to a good home may inspire them to undertake the location and resoration of another "orphan" that needs love and attention. Not many folks have the patience and ability to bring those gems back to life.

Well I have procrastinated too long so it is off to do some raking.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:08 AM   #1244

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning all.

A bit chilly and wet here in the PNW. Makes the coffee all the better.

Darn steroid has my blood sugar all over the place lately. Been diet controlled for years so using insulin again has been a pain. So has getting it. *** new insurance & company. Dropped the vial, it shattered on the stone floor. Replacement took 48 hrs meanwhile my blood sugar was near coma levels. So I tell them, fill the script or I'm going to the ER 5 times a day for a shot. Still took 2 days. Grrrr. So now I have a credit at the pharmacy because I just paid upfront for it. Off the steroid now, hope things go back to the way they were. relying on this stuff again is a PITA.

Jeff - How exciting the Holiday has found a new loving home. Having to sell some of them means you will have the cash/room for the really cool ones you will soon acquire. As for the Avion, if you can get the vin number you can contact the state to track down the legal owners name and last know address. I did this a few time with some classic cars. Hate to see them rust away.

Stan - If you have not already been there you will be awestruck at how majestic Mt Rushmore is when you are at the base of it. No photo or video I have ever seen comes close. A must see for all.

Lots to get to work on today. May your burdens be light and your lives filled with joy.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 10:22 AM   #1245
bap

hey gordan were getting that rain now,,poured all night and our temps have dropped from 80 dwn to 50 with it,,not complaing about it being 50 after complaing it being 5 not longn ago..lol

and i know we will eventually stumble on another one that needs love when the time is right...

i truley hope the new owners get on here,,,seemed like a very nice young couple that really loved the vintage style,,,and are looking forward to taking there kids out in it and making those family memories that last a lifetime....i wished them the best of luck and enjoyment with it,,,,
actually made me feel good seeing someone love it and want to use it...
the dw and i love fixing them up ,,and it was almost as much fun seeing someone love it enough to share there life with it....if you know what i mean....
Old 04-14-2015, 12:57 PM   #1246

Winnebago Owners Club
Well I finished bagging the lawn. Lots of leaves from after I did it last fall. The tractor and I were the same color. Hard to tell where one or the other started. Compressor is my friend!

Not raining here yet but it feels like snow! Temperature just dropped. Came in shivering. Now I need a shower to warm up as well as clean up. Going to feel good.

Talk to you all later. Have a great day.