Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2018, 05:52 PM   #12489

Never thought I would say this....... Nice Drawers Ron!!!!! Sure are big! Tee Hee!

We are home, 1am this morning. Ms Prissy ran great. Amazing how much traffic there is on our interstates in the middle of nowhere and the middle of the night! Tomorrow will look at genny, busy unpacking today, unloading trailer etc etc...

We were scheduled to leave here 8/2 Thursday coming, not going to make that. Got to look at the genny tomorrow, if I can't figure it out will have to find a service shop, will be at their schedule,,,,, something we got educated in this past week.

Nice pictures Rail! How do we get the motorhomes there?

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2018, 08:01 PM   #12490

Gulf Streamers Club
Glad y'all made it home safe Lloyd. Hoping genny will be an easy fix. I plan on going to Gatesville to sisters place Tuesday July 31st. Couple of days to load traveling stuff from Gulfstream to Monaco. First night out will be Friday Aug 3. And in Santa Fe NM for 4 nights starting Sun Aug 5. We will see. Sure looking forward to seeing everyone again.

ronspradley
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:12 AM   #12491

Carolina Campers
We sure wish we were heading out too... we are so envious of you guys...

Update:

Sunday - Heading to Durham to the RV Park close to Duke Cancer Center. Rented a sight for a month, as August will be packed with Dr appointments, labs, ECG’s, treatments, etc.

Monday - Labs, then biopsy of tumor for both clinical trials.

Tuesday - Will start study procedures and drug. Will have labs, ECG’s, urine and vital signs collected up to 8hrs after taking the study medication. Will take a container home to collect overnight and bring it back in the morning.

Wednesday - Continue labs for a 24hr lab, urine and ECG. This is based on the time I took the medication on 7/31.

Thursday - Head home for the weekend until next week, which will mainly be just lads and Dr visits.

The week of the 14th will be about the same as this week, even another biopsy. Will also get the first IV treatment for the other combination drug. I was randomized to the combination treatments arm of the study.

So, while you all are having such fun, we will be enjoying all the experience of the clinical trials... lol [emoji23]

We are hoping that next year will be a year of travel and cancer free!

Safe travels and enjoy life!

Ted & Kathleen
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:11 AM   #12492

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We are hoping that next year will be a year of travel and cancer free!

Good Morning,

Ted, we will miss you and sure agree with your statement! A year of travel and cancer free but make that a lifetime! Take care.

Lloyd, that was funny about Ron's drawers! HE HE! I laughed and thought about Ron's reaction when he read that one. Did you laugh and smile Ron? Bet you did.
Glad Ms Prissy is back home and running correctly. Hope the genny problem is easily fixed.

Ron, Miss May is still at the dealership. Over two weeks now. She is not seriously ill, just trying to get the vent lock resolved so we can shut the darn thing. If it was locked closed instead of open, I would not even have bothered. When driving down the road if it was cold outside the feet of the passenger would freeze. If hot outside they would bake. Put some reflectix down there after I cut it to size and it helped. Just thought while getting an oil change and grease and lube might as well have them check it.

We could NOT find how to get to this. We tried but no go. Figured the dealership might have some magic mojo to figure it out. They have been waiting for an answer from Ford as how to get to it. Long wait for an answer. I will call them Monday and tell them if they have no idea what to do that I want her back and when they get an answer we can bring her back after we get back from SD.

Cleaned the car inside yesterday. Wow, where does all the dirt come from. Got rid of things I do not need. Three pairs of gloves inside. Left one lightweight set there just in case. Cleaned the inside windows and got her ready to go for SD. I hate a dirty vehicle!

Going to do Jerry's truck today! He doesn't know it yet.

Take care all and see ya in a few short weeks. Drive safely! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:11 AM   #12493

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Prayers for complete success Ted, keep us posted and take care.

Bill.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:17 AM   #12494

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Ted,
Our thoughts and prayers continue for you. We are with you on the next year travels cancer free. Agree with Lynne on the lifetime cancer free.
Lynne,
We will be leaving in 3 weeks.

Yesterday we were over at Randy's (Rita's son)and she washed down all the kitchen cupboards while I painted the kitchen walls. Had a full day. Tomorrow we line up front tires for Goldie and find mobile tire truck to put them on. Today is cards.

Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:07 AM   #12495

Good morning. Even though we haven’t been posting we have been taking notes as we check the forums every day.

Ted, real reasons for optimism in your cancer treatment have never been greater. It seems every day there is a new discovery and treatment that works. We are pulling for you. Three years ago we were weeks away from discovering the lump in Glenda’s breast. Two years ago we were traveling in Jane based upon three week intervals of Herceptin following the chemo treatments. We are currently living in an afterglow of appreciation for the many blessings that have came our way. Life is good, better than that even.

We have friends in the Georgetown area. And if Ron is hanging out at his place I plan on stopping by for a meet up if he is willing. One of the dreams in the new house is a woodworking shop. I want to be able to do what he does with wood.

I just got a request for pancakes and eggs for breakfast. She’s going to make up some blueberry syrup.

I can’t wait to see the posts about the meet up. Y’all are going to have so much fun.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:22 AM   #12496
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ted, More great news! Continued thoughts and prayers.

Lynne, With all of the collective wisdom on iRV2, did you ever post photos and a description of the vent issue here? You might start with with our thread here (Good Morning thread), or post it in the "Class A Motorhomes" discussion area, or the appropriate Chassis Club? I would guess that iRV2 has a lot more combined experience than your dealer. Not knocking the dealer, but there are a lot more folks here. One of us might have seen the problem before and knows how to fix it. Just thinking out loud...

Frank and Lloyd, Glad both of you have your rigs working and back on the road.

Between the hot weather, the afternoon thunderstorms and heavy rain, and a busy work schedule, I haven't been able to spend much time on our coach. I am still chasing the air leak at one of the connections. I was able to remove half of the front bumper and a turn signal light. That let me unscrew the entire air fitting assembly from the front of the top air tank. Now I need to take some of it apart, apply the proper sealant, and reinstall.

I do have the coach up on 2x12 ramps. That lets me work on my back and reach up, around, and in-between lots of other things to get to the air fittings. Nothing like getting a bit intimate with your coach.

Everyone, have a safe and happy day!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:12 AM   #12497

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Ted - we continue to be positive about a great outcome. Cancer free and traveling for a long time to come living life to the fullest.

Going to be hot here again today. Have been watering the garden, fruit trees, asparagus, perennial flower bed, strawberry bed and whatever else looks like it could use some. Garden is producing very well so trying to fill up on fresh food. Still lots of room.

Typical with a bunch of teen agers. Get a bunch together and soon the conversation will get around to big drawers and filling them up!! This is going to be interesting.

Happy Prissy is running well. Hope the fix on the generator is something really simple. The fact that it just quit seems to say there is a breaker or fuse that has failed. Fingers crossed.

Been watching Stan and Jira on Facebook. Switzerland is beautiful and appears really clean. The photos that they are posting are great. Wont be long before we will be able to see them and perhaps Stan can give us a slide show of all of the photographs they have taken while there.

Time to go out to do a bit more watering before it gets too hot.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:34 AM   #12498

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Charles, yes I posted it here and on the Winnie Forum and did not get an answer other than it is probably rusted shut and if we can get to it should be able to break it loose and oil or grease it good to prevent it happening again.

We looked for a way to get to it. Not from the inside, from the wheel well, or the engine compartment can we see any way to access this area. Take out the dashboard??? More worried about breaking something.

Just thought the Ford dealership might have an insight on how to access it. I think they are running into the same issue we had with not being able to find a way to get to it.

Sitting in the passenger seat the vent is at the floor. There are no screws to remove it to access the inside. The vent is built behind the wall that is there. There is a filter similar to an a/c filter in it and that is slowly blowing out through the holes of the vent. Turning the "vent" button on or off does nothing one way or another.

I cut some reflctix to size to cover it to keep my feet from freezing. It worked great! What I realized at the same time is that with this locked open and it is hot outside and we have the a/c on, the hot air is pouring in through this OPEN vent.

With it cold outside and the furnace on, cold air is pouring through. Either way we need to stop this leak.

If they cannot come up with an answer I am probably going to cut the vent out and see what I can find inside. Might need to remove the front passenger seat to get to it. I am not real comfortable doing this as I never have before. If I cut out the vent (it is plastic) and can knock or force the door to move then I can maybe oil it or something.

If this doesn't work, then I can at least close this opening off so it does not leak hot or cold from outside. I can stuff it with insulation and then cover it with something.

Either way, it will be fixed or plugged up to keep this from being an issue. Lynne
Old 07-29-2018, 08:48 AM   #12499

Gulf Streamers Club
Interestingly enough, a friend was over visiting yesterday and I showed him my new drawers and he was impressed at the size of them.

ronspradley
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:00 AM   #12500

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
He He He!
Old 07-29-2018, 10:10 AM   #12501

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Goodmorning everyone!
We are having a great time here!
We went up to the top of the Alps today! Took the train up as far as we could go, then the bus, and 4 different cable cars, to reach the top! It is where they filmed the James Bond movie! Wow, what a view!
Everyone have a great day! Rail! Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0181.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	212923Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0174.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	255.0 KB
ID:	212924Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0160.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	230.4 KB
ID:	212925Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0167.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	212926Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0177.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	418.5 KB
ID:	212927Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0173.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	395.7 KB
ID:	212928
Old 07-29-2018, 10:55 AM   #12502

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Wonderful pics Rail, glad you guys are having a good time.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote