Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2015, 06:20 AM   #1261

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, partly cloudy today with temps approaching 90* with a 5 to 10 mph breeze, with a chance of thundershowers. Looks like we will be in this summer like weather for at least another week. Park is almost cleaner out, only 15 rigs left. Everyone is cleaning their units a little at a time getting ready to head back north. Most that are left that are leaving will be gone by the 1st week of May.
Have a good day all.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2015, 06:23 AM   #1262
bap

goodmorning folks,,,going to finally be a sunny 77 today,,,about time we see some sun
saterday----opening of our spring turkey season sunny and 80,,,--i love wild turkey breast fried to a golden brown,,,,mmmm,,,mmm,,,,debbie says she is a widow for 3 weeks during thge turkey season,,,,i do go every morning,,i love it

TIM, i dont get ur post,,,im not selective,,the turkey just has to be a mature tom before i bring it home...

everyone have a great day...
Old 04-17-2015, 08:34 AM   #1263

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning everyone

Coffee is hot & fresh.

Been pretty quiet around here lately. Are you all still doing your taxes?

Finally getting some things done on the S&SB again. Listing target July 1. Houses sell fast here so by August it should be someone elses dream..

Safe travels, good health, light burdens.

Jay
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 09:01 AM   #1264

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning All;
Lovely day in the making. Sun is shining, birds are singing and turned the garden over for the first time yesterday. There is a definite green sheen to the grass. Trees are budding and have killed a couple mosquitos already. Life is grand. Only issue so far is I have not seen any robins. Until they come back I am always prepared for a spring snowfall.

Janet is doing way better and is starting to talk about doing more chores around the house. She is way down on the drugs and is not complaining about any pain. The incision is looking really good and appointment on Monday to take the staples out.

Seems like this is the time when relocation of winter travellers back home is coming to an end. Only 6 months until the flow reverses. We will be going down to pick up the RV in June but are already planning a return to our southern home for next October.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:27 AM   #1265

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Afternoon, Frank, the park must be very quiet, when are you headed north? Bap, the turkeys here haven't started gobbling yet, I don't hunt them but living here they're all around and can hear them. Jay, thank goodness the taxes are done and gone. sold my business so this year we had capital gains to pay , Yuck. Gordon, good to hear Janet is doing well, and thinking about chores, means she is feeling better . We must have all the robins here there are at least 20 or so on the lawn. Just got back from a ck up for the knee, doc says all is looking good, go back in 3 months. Raining here today. Have a great day all.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:46 PM   #1266

Winnebago Owners Club
Great news Terry. Glad the knee is progressing and the Dr is happy.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:12 PM   #1267

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Bap, I saw this on the local Craigs list, seems the oldies are worth something.

Antique camper Restored Thought you would get a kick out of it.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:21 PM   #1268

Freightliner Owners Club
Terry,
We will be in Ga. and S.C. in May doing siteseeing, then head to Ohio the 1st of June. for a month to take care of paperwork and see family etc, then right after the 4th of July off again siteseeing over in Pa. for July, then up to upstate N.Y. probably in August, then Mich. in Sept and WVa.the middle of October, then back down to Fl. the end of October.
Frank
Old 04-18-2015, 12:08 AM   #1269

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good evening everyone!! Yesterday was fun to say the least! Woke to buffalo grazing just behind the MH! There were 3 or 4 really close, so I leaned out the door and took pic's! The rangers came and drove them out of the campground, I had no idea a buffalo could jump a fence like a deer?! We left Custer S.P. and headed west on 16w, Stayed off of Needles Rd.,, Gordon! I knew about it already! We cut through Wy., Casper, coming out at Rawlins on I-80 and headed west! Ran through snow from Devils Gate to Rawlins and on to Little America. Woke to snow today, but the roads were just wet, so made good time and ran out of the snow about Park City, Ut. Now set up at Arizona Charlie's in Las Vegas! Another long day, but will have all day tomorrow to check out Vegas! Then we are off to the Grand Canyon!
Everyone have a great day tomorrow! Rail!
Old 04-18-2015, 03:04 AM   #1270
bap

goodmorning gang,,,,
terry, thats a great looking aristocrat, i sure would like to have it sitting next to the one we have,,,,and our turkey have been gobbling for a few weeks now,,,they will probably start slowing down soon---i love eating them as much as i love talking with them,,,nothing prettier than a mature gobbler strutting in the sun spittingf and drumming at 20yds in front of you,,and when he gobbles you can honestly feel the ground move....exept when there fried in peanut oil to a golden brown,,,
i swear even if i didnt shoot them i would still go just to talk with them and trick a gobbler in just to watch...
....well its after 5am gotta go they should be waking up any time now

may the good lord above watch over all of you this day
...bap out..
Old 04-18-2015, 05:18 AM   #1271

Freightliner Owners Club
Goo,d Morning Gang,
Rail, it sure sounds like you are having a wonderful trip, sure glad that you are enjoying.
bap, all last summer, we had 6 turkeys that would come right out the road side of the 5er and eat. I had a bird feeder hanging in the tree, and they wood clean up what was dropped, and of course they got what corn was left that the chipmunks and squirrels left.
Frank
Old 04-18-2015, 07:10 AM   #1272

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Spritz, When I say friends I say that because I think we could all sit down at a CG, cook a good meal, and talk and get along for days. I think it would be great fun, so yeah, I consider you guys friends.

Coffee is good this am and the sun is shining! Love this weather!

On a sadder note: My niece Sandy who lives in West Virginia has a husband named Mike who has cancer and is dying. He was diagnosed in Sept with prostrate cancer and they have been doing chemo and he is close to his end. They rushed him to the ER this am vomiting blood. Would you please pray for them.

They have no family down there and I will be making a very quick trip when he is gone to be with her. They are in their young 50's with no children. Just please keep them in your prayers as you go through your day and remember to hug the people you love and let them know you love them.

Will talk to you later, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:10 AM   #1273

Good Morning! It's Saturday.
Been busy creating stuff out in the shop so haven't taken time to post up.
But, I've been reading about everyone's day before I go to sleep.
Sometimes at 1 or 2 AM.

Speaking of Turkeys! Ours out behind the Runway are getting noisy when it's not raining. We're up to about 30 now. We can hear them around sundown cleaning the bugs off the runway before bedtime.

I don't hear them in the morning usually because I sleep through Sunrise...

We got our taxes done and had to cough up most of my Savings' Account I have to pay taxes with. Melissa doesn't understand why I don't have more money taken out of my checks every month to pay those taxes rather than cough it up at filing time. I try to explain it to her but I'm getting nowhere!

Monday I start stripping out the shop bays for a good cleaning and reorganizing. Going to relax this weekend and spray a little paint on the stuff I've built this week then let them dry in the sun.

Wish I was on the road in Custer State Park!!!!
Or Glacier or even Ocala!
Old 04-18-2015, 07:16 AM   #1274

Lynne, I am so sorry to hear about Mike! That's rough to be so young.. I'll put him on my list.
I think a cook out and campfire would be a hoot with this bunch. There has gotta be a few Musicians in the bunch! I haven't played in years, but would try with the right people.