Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:48 AM   #1275

Morning all! Great Sunny day outside. Finishing my coffee and getting started on the yard. Lynne sorry to hear of another sick person. Will pray for your niece and her husband. On a lighter note , Frank keep in touch when you travel to upstate NY, might be the last year we have the property up on the Delaware River. Maybe we can hang out! Taxes got so oppressive up there, we might be forced to give it up after buying it for cash in 1983. The house is junk, but the septic and well are good and it has a great garage on it. Would make a good place to put a RV but the powers that be rezoned the damn woods so you can only stay so long at a time. Some Progressives in charge up there, pay $3600+ a year in taxes for a 1.29 acres with a garage and be told when you can use it! God get me out of NY! Bobby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010105.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	611.0 KB
ID:	91791   Click image for larger version

Name:	061.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	605.0 KB
ID:	91792  

Click image for larger version

Name:	064.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	328.7 KB
ID:	91793  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2015, 09:15 AM   #1276

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning, Rail, sure glad your having a great trip, with limited time you never know how things will go. Lynne, sorry to hear about your nieces husband, will be thinking of them. Curtis, sounds like you got a job coming up on Monday . You don't want me playing anything musical, that would clean out the campsite for sure!! Bobby, Getting out of NY is one of my goals too I have 45 acres up here in Schohare county and they are hitting us hard now because of all the floods and everyone moving out and giving up their property, so the tax base is alot less, everyone else is picking up the slack. take care all, have a great day.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:30 AM   #1277

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne - prayers for your neice and her husband. I am sure she will appreciate your support after he passes. It will be a very stressful time so support will help a lot.

Taxes are way too easy for the politicos to change. I like to say "they use taxes to fill the holes their mismanagement dug". Unfortunately the pressures of getting re-elected has caused the government to get away from the basics of providing necessary services and into all kinds of areas that private business should be taking care of. One could have a very long discussion about the topic but it would change nothing.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:54 AM   #1278

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Gordon, X2
Old 04-18-2015, 11:43 AM   #1279

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gordon x3

My Nephew seems a bit better since they pain med him but it is only a matter of time. At this point it would be a mercy for him to pass. It is hard for her to watch and he wants to go. We all survive this no matter how bad it is at the time. Different levels of sorrow and different times to adjust to them not being there. They say time heals but I think you just get used to them being gone and you have no choice.

We have all experienced death of someone we love and there just isn't a choice but to get through it. Thank you for the prayers and good thoughts. The support is always a great comfort to experience.

Beautiful day outside so far. Sun is gorgeous and it is 65. Love It! Hope you each get to enjoy this. Rail, have a great trip! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:46 PM   #1280

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning all.

Coffee great, weather stellar. S&B progressing toward sale.
Other projects are coming along (see link in sig).

Time to get back to work..

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning All,

Spritz, When I say friends I say that because I think we could all sit down at a CG, cook a good meal, and talk and get along for days. I think it would be great fun, so yeah, I consider you guys friends.

On a sadder note: My niece Sandy who lives in West Virginia has a husband named Mike who has cancer and is dying. He was diagnosed in Sept with prostrate cancer and they have been doing chemo and he is close to his end. They rushed him to the ER this am vomiting blood. Would you please pray for them.

Will talk to you later, Lynne
Sorry to read this news about Mike. In our thoughts today to be sure. Agree about sitting around having a great time with this group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastGlassMan View Post
Taxes got so oppressive up there, we might be forced to give it up after buying it for cash in 1983. The house is junk, but the septic and well are good and it has a great garage on it. Would make a good place to put a RV but the powers that be rezoned the damn woods so you can only stay so long at a time. Some Progressives in charge up there, pay $3600+ a year in taxes for a 1.29 acres with a garage and be told when you can use it! God get me out of NY! Bobby
NY, NJ, PA all bad in that respect. Taxes and telling you what you can and cant do. My friend has a biz on property they own in the Poconos and they pay an "Airspace Tax" for the sign on the pole. Property taxes in WA are crazy too, but not as bad as the NE USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley1994 View Post
Bobby, Getting out of NY is one of my goals too I have 45 acres up here in Schohare county and they are hitting us hard now because of all the floods and everyone moving out and giving up their property, so the tax base is alot less, everyone else is picking up the slack. take care all, have a great day.
Can't blame ya at all. Thankfully Oklahoma is low low low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Taxes are way too easy for the politicos to change. I like to say "they use taxes to fill the holes their mismanagement dug". Unfortunately the pressures of getting re-elected has caused the government to get away from the basics of providing necessary services and into all kinds of areas that private business should be taking care of. One could have a very long discussion about the topic but it would change nothing.
Been fighting them in DC for the last 6 years. Little effect at all. IRS hurt that progress. I've moved on to something else where I can see actual change.
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:26 PM   #1281

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Lynne,
We will put Mike in our prayers.
Bobby,
We will let you know when we are heading that way.
The rest of you,
It is sooooo nice to not have to worry about those Id**ts in office that try to take all our money. It is great not having a house and taxes to worry about. The only thing I have is license plates yearly and it is only a shade over $100 for both the truck and 5er. Watch out for states that charge you an excise tax on your RV.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:15 PM   #1282

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
My Nephew seems a bit better since they pain med him but it is only a matter of time. At this point it would be a mercy for him to pass. It is hard for her to watch and he wants to go. We all survive this no matter how bad it is at the time. Different levels of sorrow and different times to adjust to them not being there. They say time heals but I think you just get used to them being gone and you have no choice.
Lynne
While it is true we all have to go sometime, we all hope it is later in life, after a full life, where we pass before our kids as our parents hope they pass before us.

I get frustrated that it seems that many good people pass way before their time. Oft times to debilitating diseases that leave them no dignity in their final time. Hopefully our politicians will come to the realization that prolonging life in some cases is only cruel and unusual punishment for people who have been good citizens and committed no crime.

Best to and prayers for Mike and Sandy.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:02 AM   #1283

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning. Had a good day yesterday, cut grass in the morning, then off to the pool till dinner, ate outside under the awning and just sat after dinner till after 8pm. I did tinker in the truck a little, put 2 new idles pulleys on and a new serpentine belt. Just getting ready a little at a time to head north.
Hope everyone has a safe and great day today.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 07:24 AM   #1284

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning All, Nice bright sunshine this am, middle sixties for temps later. So nice after the winter we have had in the NE. Frank good idea on the serp belt, many vehicles go way over due on that, and it'll bite you for sure, many vehicle owners don't do preventive maintenance. Have a great day all.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:32 AM   #1285

Good Sunday Morning all.. actually watching the Sunrise this morning from bed. Melissa is still asleep and so is Porcha the cat.
We had some nasty storms blow through North Texas last night. Lost power during a lightning strike but the restorer handled it. So we came right back on. Just enough to have to reset the clocks and computer controlled everything in the house.

The news said 100,000 out of power from storm damage. If I weren't retired I'd be out working for the next 2 days straight getting the lights back on.

I DO NOT miss those days at all!

Yall have a Blessed Day.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:59 AM   #1286

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

42 this am here in MI. Just a bit overcast but the coffee always tastes the same. Good! Got some outside work done yesterday and hope to get more done today. I love the freshness of Spring and we should be able to harvest our first asparagus today! Love that stuff fresh out of the garden!

SO, if you had unlimited resources, what would you buy first, who would you help, and would you change your way of life and how?

There are so many people I would help. Everything I have is paid off so I could really concentrate on those who live check to check. I would buy a MH and not sure if I would buy new or vintage. Would depend on the MH.

I have at least three friends who could use a home. Buy them each one and make sure the roof, plumbing, insulation, heating cooling are all good. No payments for them would change their lives greatly. Pay off car payments, and put some money in their bank accounts. These are good decent people who have struggled all their lives.

Pay the medical bills that my niece has so far and the future ones from her husband so she doesn't have to worry about that. Mostly I would leave yesterday and be with her through all this so she was not alone.

Oh yeah, I would quit w--k! Today! For ever! Buy a MH! Unlimited budget would open up so many options. Still don't think I would buy new though.

Pay off the kids houses and vehicles and set them up for life. Then rely on God to put people in my path that he wants helped whom I don't know yet. He is pretty good at that. Mostly it would allow me the time to spend with family as I could travel back and forth easily which is what I plan to do when I retire. I could just start this summer instead.

Wish for each of you what you desire, good health, peace and love. Lynne
Old 04-19-2015, 03:43 PM   #1287

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Quote:
Good Morning All,

SO, if you had unlimited resources, what would you buy first, who would you help, and would you change your way of life and how?

Wish for each of you what you desire, good health, peace and love. Lynne
All those things you mentioned would be awesome to do. Wouldn't be nice to be able to do it all.

For our kids I'd have to pay off their homes anonymously or they wouldn't let me. If they found out is was us they would be unhappy. They like to pay their own way. Not a dime since college. Their momma did a good job.

I'd send my last grandmother on a trip to see the world with her friends. Shes 90+ now and has hardly left her little town the last 20 years.

As for the rest I would fully fund this program so it could do as many farms as I could find veterans to do it for and when that was done I'd find families on welfare that dont want to be and do it for them too. After that I'd convert as many farms in Calif as possible into aquaponic greenhouses 90% less water required.

Nice dream. Hmmm Mr Gates, let me tell you about..........
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #1288

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Jay,

I get you. So many people you could help with just enough. Nice dreams but sure would like the opportunity to do it. Think it would be a blast!

Have a great week all. Lynne