Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2018, 06:54 AM   #12895

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Ron, I saw that. People do some really stupid things and when they hurt someone now (if caught) they are heading for some serious legal issues too. Shouldn't play if you don't want to pay the price. Hope that boy heals well with no serious lasting issues.

Popeye, I keep looking and am hoping to find something that will work for everyone but not happy about paying $84. a night to camp. I bring my own bed after all and they don't have to change it.

We may have to stay there for a week and then go somewhere else for another week. Wonder if people would be willing to do that. I am sure the CG's are very nice but it's just a bit to swallow.

No news on Miss May. This place seems to take it's time. Six weeks until we leave. Not a lot of time left to fix her. They know but I fret.

Rainy overcast day today. It has cooled down and it shows what is coming. So glad we won't be here for the worst of it. Have found several CG's on the way that although they have the water supply turned off the showers and electric are still running. Probably will stay at a couple until we hit something above 55*.

Getting water filters for while out in Yuma and probably going to add a water softener too. Water in Yuma is not good from what I hear. I like my water decent so worth the investment.

Take care everyone. Tim, that fish might have been worth the hook getting caught but not completely sure about that. I would expect that you are really going to enjoy eating that one.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2018, 08:14 AM   #12896

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Weather has improved!!! Best day for the next while. Have t-time for today.

I crawled under the coach and looked at the radiator where the fan blows on it. I was looking for road debris, straw, etc that may be blocking air flow. No debris at all that I could see. I have no experience with CAC so will have to get more information. Are the CAC and radiator sandwiched together?

Water in Yuma is not good but not as bad as it seems. There is manganese in the water but it does not hurt you. The taste is not the best but some people do drink it. I think we have the same water as Yuma so if you get a glass of water at a restaurant it will be the same. There is a huge desalinization plant that feeds the Yuma water system.

We would be good with moving during M&G. This will be a one time event so we may have to bite the bullet and pay the price. Perhaps a group discount if we all come in together could be negotiated because we will be there for a couple weeks? Really would like to meet Popeye as I think we could get in a lot of trouble together and have a lot of fun doing it.

Keep being safe.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:20 AM   #12897

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Times 2 what Gordon said, we have no problem moving
Old 09-25-2018, 11:38 AM   #12898

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
We are safe and sound in Kanab, getting ready to head to the north rim. Then Zion tomorrow. Important desicions, who is going to drive and where are we going to eat, Lol.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:44 PM   #12899

Hi all!

Hey Gordon, yes the CAC and radiator are a stack, or sandwhich. On pushers like ours, the air pushed back by the fan goes thru the CAC first (so the CAC gets cool air) and then thru the radiator. As Rail described, mine sits in a metal tray/enclosure with a rubber skirt around the entire area to ensure all air pulled thru the engine compartment is forced thru the cac/radiator.

Can't recall, I think I shared we met another couple at the dealers, whose coach was overheating. Their only problem was dirt, and some bits of insulation blocking the flow thru.. I saw theirs apart, basicaly same configuration. It is a 2013 FL Chasis.

Frank, hope you enjoy the North Rim. Long day that will be if you are just starting out at noon.

So 2 tanks of fuel since the fix, mileage even better this last tank. Both are in the low 7`s which I am pleased with towing a 9,000 lb trailer and all, plus running the genny for 10 to 11 hours a day.

We are in the Walmart lot, Monroe IL. After we parked (had to put the jacks down to get level) and than the bedroom slides out,,,,,,,,, tractor trailers came in and parked on each side of us, with the nose of the rigs next to our bedroom. Both are ideling,,,,, and their clutch fans are working great!!!! You suppose they did this on purpose? Or are just inconsiderate?

We are about 195 miles from Nashville. Made reservations to stop there. Friends who are on a road trip and were supposed to stop and stay at our place this past Sunday (but we were in Wyoming) are going to meet us there and come over to the RV park for dinner.

Lynne, we are flexible. Moving is fine with us. I also look forward to meeting popeye. Gonna plan a potluck with spinach!!!

Good night all!

L.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:28 PM   #12900

Not a good day

Recently discovered soft paneling around DD dinette bed in our HiLo. Repaired water damage five years ago. DH removed most of the wet area today. Bigger area than we had thought. Today it will be raining and I will go inside and see where the water travels. Worst case we rip everythig back to the fiberglass. Then bondo the inside of the fiberglass. Replace wall layers. The good news is we have paneling ect. left from our last repairs. Went to ACE hardware to order more seam tape for the paneling. Theywill call the co. tomorrow and see if it is still available. Not cheap at $23.00 a roll for 25ft. Our next campout is in Oct. Very sure we can get the repairs done in time for the last campout of the season.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:09 PM   #12901

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Lloyd, 7 MPG is pretty good for your coach and the weight it is trying to move!
Yeah, Gordon, the stack is a sandwich, in your rear radiator coach's the air is push'd out the rear of the MH, from the engine compartment! Hence, they suck all the debris that is kicked up, and the blow-by from the motor, and everything else, and blow it thru the stack! That is why they get clogged up quicker than a side radiator coach, that draws the air from the outside (the rear side) of the coach, and sucks it into the motor compartment! Not that they don't get clogged up too, just not as fast as the rear radiator's!
Also, the rear radiators coach's, the fan is driven by the motor, in a lot of the cases, which robs HP!
On most side radiator's, the fan is driven by a hydraulic pump, same pump and reservoir as the power steering in Mona! But there are some that are gear driven, right off the motor, and they use a lot of HP too!
The only really good way to clean the stack, is remove it, separate it, and power wash the CAC and the radiator separately! Most of the debris is caught in between the two, and can't be removed (washed out) without taking them apart!
That was a twice yearly routine in my semi, which was fairly easy, to take the CAC off, just unbolt, (4 bolts) and take the intake and exhaust boots off, and set it aside! Then you could get to the radiator to wash it out, still in the truck, and wash the CAC, when it was out!
In our MH's, a totally different story!

Lynne, have you searched for a Mobile Mechanic in your area that can come to you to work fixing the little things on your MH? I had one when I had my semi, that would come right out to the farm, and fix things that were easy, and did not take a lot of time! Also had a tire guy, that was mobile, and came to me, for trailer tires and repair! Way cheaper, as they had very little overhead, as compared to having a shop to pay for! Now, I take the MH to a friend of my son's, he now has a shop with a pit, for oil changes and lube's, but he still does mobile repairs too, and has a truck set up for that too!
It is a way cheaper option, than taking to a shop and waiting, for them to work you in! Google Mobile Mech's near me, and see what you come up with? Never know?

Frank and Rita and Ron, Tough decisions!
Enjoy!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 09-26-2018, 07:30 AM   #12902

Good morning all!

Yes Rail, I think we run about 40 to 42,000 lbs. Our coach is heavy with 4 slide. Best tank since the fix was 7.3. Drop the trailer could easily get in the 8`s.

Sam, may have miss understood your post, but bondo is not waterproof. It will absorb water and expand/swell substantially. Sorry you found a leak.

Got to run, Nashville bound!
Old 09-26-2018, 07:49 AM   #12903

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
The Lodge at the North Rim is gorgeous with the view breathtaking. Today we are heading to Zion. Tonight we decided on Mexican, it is supposed to be very good according to the camp host.
Off we go, later gang,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 02:03 PM   #12904

Winnebago Owners Club
Is anyone else having issues with calling Tim or Joe. I have tried both of their numbers and get a message that they are not accepting calls.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:17 PM   #12905

Evening all! From Nasnville KOA, a very, very nice park. But expensive.

So this morning when we got up and walked to the front of the coach......... (couldnt here anything with all the trucks around us ideling........ heard the tire alarm going off, one tire on trailer 69 psi, instead of 80.

After breakfast etc went to check it out,,,,,,, figured nail or something,,,,,,, LOL,,,,, no tread on the tire. It was all gone!!! Assuming that happened just before we got off the interstate, couldn't have gone far in that state.

Further checking found another tire that was no longer flat in the tread section, it was bulging in the center of the tread. So, local tire store stop, all new tires on the trailer. Despite the trailer is 18 months old. Go figure.

We are in Nashville, our friends cam over for dinner and Deb made some awesome spaghetti for dinner. Tomorrow the 4 of us are shuttling down town, going to visit music city blvd and hit the bars...... live entertainment in all of them all day. Should be fun.

Gordon I haven't tried them. Maybe Friday on the way home. Hope all is good.

Have a good night all!

L.
Old 09-27-2018, 06:00 AM   #12906

Lloyd
You are having a "can't catch a break tour" as it is called in the music biz.

Enjoy the strip ,one thing Nashville is great for seeing young up and coming acts is so.......refreshing.
The Ryman is there and the clubs are great fun.

Opryland needs some of your attention too , don't skip that. (besides , Camping World is just around the corner).
Old 09-27-2018, 06:03 AM   #12907

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Gordon, yes I have tried calling Tim & Joe with same results. I PM's Joe on FB and still no response. Joe's phone won't take a message and have had no response from Tim on text I left on his.

Rail, we tried the mobile tech route when we first got the rig. Guy came out and had to return 3 times with parts cause he kept forgetting to order all parts He was very expensive. Haven't tried another but first time looking the one guy was the only one I could find. It seems to be an issue to find good shops here where we are.

Lloyd, sure hope you have a good time visiting with friends and at the bars. Entertainment should be a blast and sure hope that the issues are finally at a end for you two.

Tim, where are you and Joe? What is going on?

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:07 AM   #12908

Lynne

A short list of some "50amp available"places not too far from me.

I'll post more asap...(lost a huge list before postingthis. Poof ! Thank you computer!

50amp-coastal south-
Meadowbrook CG. Bath Me. 1-800-370-CAMP 5/1 to Columbus Day (CD) 128sts
Sagadahoc Bay CG. Georgetown 207-371-2014 5/1 to 11/1 39sites
Freeport/Durham KOA Freeport 207-688-4288 5/19 to10/17 80sites
Freeport Village CG. Freeport 207-865-9227 5/1 to 11/1 20sites
Outdoor World Moody Beach 207-626-4586 4/25 to 1o/26 203sites
Wild Duck Adult CG. Scarborough 207-883-4432 5/15 to 10/15 231sites
Point Sebago (Lake) Casco 1-800-655-1232 5/1 to 10/31 500sites
stay tuned