Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2018, 05:19 AM   #13007

Tim, Oh Nooooooo! Hope the new recipe gets it in order quickly! Prayers your way.

Best of uck with the proceedure.

Ted, same your way. Hope it is all going well.

Electra,,,, car progress looks great. Must be exciting to get it back going again. Hope the rain stops, so you all can get the crops in without those mud bogs. Opposite here, after the hurricane, not a drop of rain for 4 weeks. Everything pretty krispy as it has been in the 90's day after day.

Very pretty sunrise here this am. Althought they said maybe a shower today. Hope so.

Have a great day all.

L.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2018, 05:26 AM   #13008

Good morning

Hope everyone is well, had a goood trip to Birmingham this weekend. I had a wheel bearing on my pickup started making noise on way home, spent most of the day yesterday changing it out

Plan to post some pictures soon but now focusing on preparations for storm, we live about 45 miles north of Panama City so expecting to feel some effects. Predict storm to hit tomorrow’s

SIL flew in this weekend to spend time with wife and was scheduled to fly out last night but flight cancelled so guess she will get to ride out storm with us

Have welcomed friends that live close to coast to come stay with us but not sure if they will evacuate yet

Generators all fueled and ready if need / chain saw sharpened. Lots of big trees on farm - but we are ready for whatever
Pabell90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:58 AM   #13009

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
G'morning all,

Martha and I are still in Madisonville waiting out the storm. Yesterday Loop 2 of this campground flooded and they move everyone to high ground (Loop 1 is 2' above see level). We have reservations for tonight they the park is booked after that.

Another 1' or so our old home in Covington (4 miles from here) will have water in the back yard. I am sitting here watching the water rise slowly and plan to load all of our outside gear just in case. We are on the Tchefuncte (cha-funk-ta) river with swamp near and around us. so the alligators are on the move too.

I will post up tonight and let everyone know what we are doing.

The water at the end of that road came up in about three hours last night.

That's a small alligator folks. About 18" long but still....

Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 12:16 PM   #13010

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Tim - fingers crossed and praying. Ted and Stan - keep doing what you are doing, it seems to be working.

Electra - car is going to be great.

Charlie and Martha - alligators in the back wash? Yikes! Hope the big brother or parents don't show up. Take yourselves where ever you have to go to be safe.

We are sitting in -9C (16F) for today. Snow will not be melting. Our farmers only have about 40% off so this is not going to be a good year for them.

Today we will be preparing some of the food for our family Thanksgiving celebration tomorrow. Then we are waiting for a weather window. Looks like it could be Saturday.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:16 PM   #13011

Evening all!

Charlie, when you open the door in the morning, LOOK UNDER THE COACH!!! A hungry gator maybe waiting!

To all in the path of the storm, becareful. It looks like it may stregthen per the weather channel. If you see Jim Cantore run for it!

Storm is headed our way, will be considerably weaker when it passes thru here, however still lots of rain and wind. Genny is ready, and I plan to fill Ms Prissy with water etc so we can always camp in the driveway if we go a long time without power. Also have a 5.5k genny that is ready to go, can run the fridge freezer etc in the house.

Gordon, sure is cold there. Ashame they are losing the crops. Hope you get a nice clear window for the trip south to Yuma.

Have a nice night all.

L.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:49 PM   #13012

Prayers for Tim and Ted.

Nothing exciting here. Yesterday DH put two part Bondo on the inside exposed fiberglass. Can't get back on the repairs until Thursday. Beautiful day today at 80*. Picked up leaves and paper off the lawn at church. Filled up two contractor bags with all the grass clippings. We even had to put sun screen on. One more day of hot weather with a breeze. I won't be able to enjoy the afternoon as I will be finaly getting my teeth cleaned. They have to do one impression over as it didn't come out right on the last visit. Student Dentist take a long time to do procedures as they are learning. The trade off is a low $ amt. for the work. Work will continue on our water damaged HiLo. Been looking at Craigs list,Ebay for another RV. Doesn't cost anything to wish. Haven't a clue what I would replace the 28yr. old HiLo with. Looked on the internet and I see that my MOM'S house has a pending buyer. It will be good to not have to heat it and do snow removal this fall/winter. I know her estate won't be settled until after her income tax is done next year. Take care All Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:21 PM   #13013

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Sad day in RE, a couple from Texas was here for a week visiting friends at the park. Last night he was out riding his bike in the dark, something happened when he got back by his trailer and he crashed. Handlebars went in his head, and he didn't make it. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Also Kathy Millers husband, Les was taken to the hospital yesterday morning. Conflicting stories about what is wrong, but last word is that he is doing better.
Everyone in the grips of hurricane Michael, our thoughts and prayers go out to you all. Please stay safe.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 11:45 PM   #13014

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh man that's awful. Sorry to hear that kind of news. It is good to hear Les is improving however.
Prayers for all, take care.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:34 AM   #13015

Frank very sorry to hear that news. Prayers to his family. Glad Les is getting better.

Showers here during the night. Michael is a 4, upgraded from 3 last night. Ugh! 145 mph winds! Yikes!

Charlie, get out of the way, even if you have to go back north. Concerned about how strong it will be when it comes thru here. Watching the weather channel, it is forecasted to remain a hurricane all the way across Georgia,,, and be a tropical storm when it passes through here. Going to get Ms Prissy in the barn today. out of harms way. Got a few hours of barn cleanup to get that to happen.

Tim, infection improving? Hopefull new antibiotic is making a difference.

Have a great day all. Be hurricane safe!!!

L.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:42 AM   #13016
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd in S.C. View Post
Showers here during the night. Michael is a 4, upgraded from 3 last night. Ugh! 145 mph winds! Yikes!
Lloyd, Stay safe.

This may be the strongest hurricane to hit the FL Gulf Coast in 100 years according to the news. It looks like Michael is going to stay a 4 when it makes landfall. According to one article I read, a cat 4 or stronger storm has never hit the Florida panhandle.

I am monitoring the local forecast for NE FL. We are expecting 30-50 MPH winds from the South tonight into tomorrow morning. We are on the right side of the hurricane path, so we need to park vehicles/trailer accordingly. We lost one large old oak tree each in the past two years. Careful planning saved the vehicles from harm. One just missed the S&B last year.

Need to find safe spots again for tonight. The coach will be a bit more problematic to park than the rest of the vehicles due to its weight. The regular vehicles can be parked most anywhere.

Coach has fresh water, full tank of diesel, etc. It is already on shore power so the fridge is cold and the A/C is running. Will be easy to shift to genny power if needed.

Be careful out there!
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:39 AM   #13017

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yesterday the Louisiana Lt. Governor ordered mandatory evacuation of all coastal State Parks. We had to be out by 11 am yesterday morning. We left through about 8" of water (and rising rapidly) over the campground road. Most of this water was forced into the campground from wind blowing up the Tchefuncte (Cha-Funk-ta) River and backing up into the surrounding swamp.

Anyway, we drove 33 miles north on Louisiana 190 to Bogue (Bo-ga) Chito State Park. We are here for three days and then will evaluate our travel plans for heading to Pensacola. All of the National Seashore Parks in the Pensacola area are now closed as of late yesterday evening.

As for my son's wedding? He says they are getting married even if he has to rent a pontoon and put the wedding party and officiate aboard to get it done. I remain neutral at this point.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:52 PM   #13018

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Afternoon,
Passed my Pro-op This morning,
On the way to DR office, I saw a Class A pulling a toad 4 down with a 20 something enclosed trailer behind the toad. Never seen that one before.

Electra 225
Here's the pics of that Buick Invectra, It was a beauty but Personally a little over board on the chromed engine. JMO.

Tim
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image000000.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	443.9 KB
ID:	222122   Click image for larger version

Name:	image0000001.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	222123  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image0000001_01.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	292.9 KB
ID:	222124  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 01:22 PM   #13019

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Afternoon.
Scheduling issues makes this our family Thanksgiving Day.

Be safe out there, don't take any chances.

Have a great day.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:17 PM   #13020

Stay safe all! What a nasty hurricane. Almost a 5 when it hit shore.

At least is is moving fast, will pass through the area and not linger and dumps insane rain like previous storms. Fingers crossed.

Tim, that is a pretty car.

Glad you are ready for OP. Good luck!!!!

L.