Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2018, 05:44 AM   #13091

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
You got this Tim! Lots of options put there.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2018, 06:03 AM   #13092

Oh no Tim! So sorry to hear that. Gosh you have been on a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs.

Agree with Stan, they have great remedies these days. You just have to fight the fight, and you have plenty of practice with that!!! Prayers your way!

Got the shrubs and such planted around the kids house yesterday, and most of the mulch spread. Rain in the forecast today, will see how far we get. Probably 2 hours more on mulching and I am on a fulltime grading and topsoil spread job. Get that all spread and put the landscape rake on the tractor and prepare for seed, fertilizer and straw.

Builder moved the C/O inspection up to the 29th, he feels he will be ready. The only thing on our list is the above, it is required for the C/O to stop errosion. Although we have a ton more "to do's" such as fence boards and paint, garage floor cleaning and epoxy, driveway gravel edging, and more I can't think of.

Gordon glad you are settled in.

L.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:04 AM   #13093

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Nice cup of coffee this morning.

Tim, sorry to hear about the results from the procedure. They can do a lot now days. We are here for you and you know all of us will be praying and sending good vibes your way. Sure going to miss you guys.

We will be heading South when we leave here then going West. Want to get out of the cold as soon as we can. Daughter's birthday is Nov 1st and then we have our family Thanksgiving on Sunday the 4th, vote the 6th and head out.

40's this am here in MI. The nights are getting into the 30's and one night already was 26*. Yep, leaving earlier next year.

Those on the road be safe, those at home blessings to you. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:23 AM   #13094

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Hang in there Tim! Cancer is very beatable nowdays! Lots of new cure's, and you know that you can kick it's ass!
Keep us updated, and if you need to talk, we can talk for free on messenger! Rail!
Yea Tim what Rail said. My skirmish was only 6 weeks with it..

My best friend had the crystal inserted in his prostate and radiated. He's completely cured now at 75 and going strong. Even better than before because he lost 60 lbs of body fat.

I just got my results from my 1 year PET scan on my Kidney Cancer and I'm still clean and clear.
Dr said my heart was on the big side of normal but I've been told that before.

I use to race cross country bicycles and it was an advantage. My resting heart rate back then was 47. Large heart and lungs because I raced bicycles over 250 miles a week in training. And did 100 mile races on weekends in under 4 hours.

So, aside from the cost, cancer, it's not that big of a deal. Modern medicine has come a long way. Insurance takes the sting out of the cost.

Melissa is beating hers now too. Got a good report last week on her Aggressive B cell lymphoma. Less than 1 part per billion detectable . That's as far down as they can detect. Pretty much cured! Praise God. So the rest of her treatments will be to kill any seeds left that might pop up later. 10 years ago they would have surgically removed her stomach and crossed their fingers they got it all and it didn't spread.

She did lose her hair from the Chemo but it will grow back even better we're told. And you'd never know she wears a wig now in public.

So I'll PM you my cell if you want to talk about it. Feel free to call.
Don't get discouraged, most are curable nowadays.

Curtis.
Curtis in TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:51 PM   #13095

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening,

Curtis, that is great news! Looks like we have a few cancer butt kickers around here. Rail got some kicking done too! Ted's kicking it!

Joe, I think you will be surprised with the treatments now days. The radiating crystals are amazing! Ask the doctor if you would be better off in a warm climate and see about getting treatment in Yuma instead of staying in the cold. If driving the rig is an issue, I will fly there and drive it for you.

Had some storms come through today. Lightening, thunder, wind, and then the sun came out. On the way home the skies darkened, wind came up and it started raining sideways then turned to that awful white stuff. All gone already, I NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE!

Take care all, smile, hug, kiss someone! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:02 PM   #13096

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
... Ted keep up the good work and good news! ...

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
... Hi Ted, glad to hear things are going ok. You are always in our thoughts and prayers whether we are talking or not. ...

Thanks
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 09:13 PM   #13097

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritz View Post
... I got the dreaded phone call this afternoon while driving home.
It was my urologists , He informed me they found cancer while doing the procedure.
I almost drove off the road.
Its looking like we'll miss Yuma again. Will know more next week.
This past year has just been unbelievable.
Tim

Tim, you are in our thoughts.

I know how it felt, and it brings back memory’s of when I got the call....

You can beat this!

Sincerely,

Ted
Old 10-20-2018, 11:22 PM   #13098

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

We got back home last night, and it was very nice to sleep in our bed last night! Slept in this morning, so running behind on catching up with everything!

Curtis, great news for both you and Melissa! Very happy for you both! Hope you two can make the next M&G! That would be awesome!

Well, will have to get used to the heat and humidity here again!
The temp's in Japan were cool, and very little humidity!

Terry, nice "new to you" truck! Love the color!

I got the new mouse hooked up and working on my laptop today, and so far like it! And it is red too, so color coordinated!

Well, everyone have a great day! Rail!
Old 10-21-2018, 05:23 AM   #13099

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
morning everyone,
Thanks for the vote of confidence.
I've decided that we will go too Yuma come hell or high water.

Ive done a lot of reading on the subject since the call on Friday.
Glad it was caught early but still a shock.

Breaks on PA,
Joe ordered the Break lines, lines suppose too be here this morning at NAPA, Lloyd I ordered the Mityvac
$45 up here but sounds like it will be worth it.
We also have been using Dot3 break fluid.

Went with my brother up north Saturday 6 hours R/T boy the colors were magnificent.
There were signs of winter on the ground and roofs of the houses.
Joe stayed home and replaced the thermostat on the 99 concours. No more leak and no overheating. Will take for a test drive today before the Game starts. Last Sunday we played AZ so I got too root for both teams.
I am going to make my greens today its been awhile and have had the itch to have them.
Again thanks for the support and Thankyou for the info on the breaks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180401_112704.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	223259  
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 07:20 AM   #13100

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Our cruise was great, wait should have said GREATTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! Had a wonderful time, ate a lot of good food, had a camel ride, tasted some tequila, brought a couple bottles home. Rita's son proposed to his girl friend at Friday nights dinner( they were on the cruise also).
Tim,
Our thoughts and prayers continue for you. If possible, coming to Yuma might even help you with your treatments. Because of the better weather, your whole demeanor is better, allowing the treatments to work better.
Classic symptoms of bad rubber brake line. I agree with Lloyd on the Mytalic , I carry one with me.
Curtis,
Wonderful news about both you and Melissa.
Ted,
You continue in our thoughts and prayers.
Ron,
Our condolences to you and your family. Our prayers go out to them.

Trying to get everything put away and clothes washed. Have to go grocery shopping today so we will have something to eat, we ordered pizza yesterday.
Lynne,
We had a lady here at the park take care of Stash. He missed us, as he couldn't get enough loving last night.
Lloyd,
Youngest daughter has been a type 1 diabetic since she was 5 years old.. I applaud you and Deb for your fund raising efforts.
Enough for now,
Everyone have a great day,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #13101

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
... Ted,
You continue in our thoughts and prayers. ...

Thanks
Old 10-21-2018, 10:47 PM   #13102

Catching up on the news.

Just got back from our weekend of camping. Ted great news on the medical issues. Tim,so sorry for what you are going through. I vote for getting you to Yuma. You are over due for some warmth and comfort from caring friends. I am also a six time cancer survivor. Breast cancer x3. Great check ups and it has been six years. Presently being treated for bladder cancer stage 0. I get scoped every three months times two years. Agree that great medical advances have been made in the treatment of cancer. So happy for DH that our water damage repair in our HiLo was a success. It rained some and we were able to check our repairs. Now he just has to fix the leaky plumbing under the Kitchen sink. Only leaks a small amt. of water. Probably a twisting hard area to work on. DH is sick of this leak and will probable just replace all parts. Probably some original parts from 1990. Dipped down to 20s and 30s. God bless our furnice in the RV. Prayers for all.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:38 AM   #13103

Good morning all!!!

38* this morning, frost on the barn roof.Carolina blue sky!

Frank, glad you had a great time! Congrats to Rita's son!!! Wishing for many years of happiness!

SAM, sounds like your camping trip was nice. I hate RV plumbing problems, even on a 40' coach they leave little room to work.

Tim, if you can work out with the doctors to do Yuma, we will help all we can. We plan to leave week after thanksgiving, can meet up and caravan if that helps. Make the right healthcare decision, beat this thing. If that means stay home it is a small price to pay to keep going. Yuma will be there.

Ted, still praying for good test results in November.

Curtis, great news. Glad to hear another success story. Hope you can make M&G, or com visit in Yuma this winter.

Lots of tratcor hours last week. Between the bush hog jobs, and the kids landscaping something like 35 hours. Anyway, last evening completed the final grade for the side and back yards. Got all the rocks, sticks out with the pulveriser and it is ready for seed, fertilizer and straw. Should have that done by lunch today. That completes the items we had to do for them to pass for a certificate of occupancy. They have many more listed items, but not required. The builder has a sizable punch list for him to do, I expect hhe will get it done. C/O inspection is the 29th.

Deb and I are way above our goals for diabetes contributions. It is a great cause, very happy we are able to do this. Thanks to all who contributed. Given my Dad was a diabetic, I of course am at risk. Praying for good weather Saturday, 45 miles will be a long bicycle ride for us.

Our friends Larry and Michele should arrive today or tomorrow. Camp site #1 is ready. They plan to stay a few days and then head to Yuma. They sold their coach, he never got comfy driving it. Purchased a new truck, small pickup camper and towing their enclosed trailer with Jeep behind. Only gonna use the camper for short weekends, They rented a place at Araby Acres in Yuma.

Have a great day all!
Old 10-22-2018, 09:23 AM   #13104

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Great day here. Going to be 90 (dry heat) and cool overnight.

Talked to Tim yesterday. Positive attitude so anticipating a good outcome.

Campground filling up. Chuck and Marilee arrived yesterday.

Started regular Happy Hours on the upper deck.

Have a great day.