Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-22-2018, 09:42 AM   #13105

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Haven't had a cup of coffee yet but going to resolve that shortly here.

We had not winterized Miss May hoping that we could sneak past the cold weather enough to not have to do it. It's been going into the 30's and now 20's at night so got to do it. Jerry just went to get her so we can get her winterized. Rather take the time to do this than replace any plumbing that got damaged. Pretty sure the lines are empty but would rather be sure. Two weeks tomorrow and we leave.

Frank, glad you and Rita and your family had a good cruise. They are a great way to travel. Congratulations on the engagement. Nice place to do it.

Lloyd, glad that you both made your contributions. I know you will enjoy riding for this program.

Gordon, ready to be there. Happy hour sounds divine right now, especially with a water view.

Suns is out and it's supposed to be 55* today. Dang weather is up and down but this is why we are leaving.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-22-2018, 10:03 AM   #13106

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Hi all,

Tim, dang man. you can't catch a break. I think going to Yuma is a good decision but get set up with a health care partner once you get there.

Ted, good news!

Martha and I are at Pensacola NAS (Naval Air Station) until the 1st. My son got married on the 20th. It was a beach wedding and was wonderful. We went from high 80's and low 90's here to 66* this morning. Brrrr.

Today we are going to the Gulf States Fair which is a state fair. Should be fun. We also finalized our plans (signed our work camping contract) for Custer, SD. Our gig runs May 1-Sept. 1, 2019.

We are staying at Oak Grove, RV Park near the Blue Angel practice field and are getting nearly daily personalized air shows. Amazing fliers. They have been practicing a maneuver that takes them from each point of the compass flying straight at each other then vertical up and out of sight. They come so close together you would swear they were gonna hit one another.

The NAS airs show is on the 3rd but we are only at this campground until the 26th. After that we go to Blue Angel RV Park on the other side of the base and right on Pensacola Bay until the 1st then we make the trek to Rio Vista for Thanksgiving at my B.I.L.'s house. After Turkey Day we head to Tucson for the winter. Hoping to make the trip to see the gang in Yuma and also want to go to the RV show in Quartzite and the flea markets.

Everyone have a great week.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:30 AM   #13107

I grew up near the NAS here and have seen the Angels many times over the years.

My mom now lives on the former NAS here in Maine. Not their home base but they still come to do airshows ...
Her window is a great spot to see them.and I also take her and park on the runway where the "VIP" seating is !!
(there is a F35 parked out there this week it's really BIG compared to the F18s)

We just watch the rehearsals cuz the show isn't free anymore like before base closing. Still a GREAT show and get to see the stunts multiple times instead of once like the paid show.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:08 AM   #13108

Help with part #s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJohnsonsv View Post
This morning's treasure hunt was looking for 40' of window glazing and 16' of pile weatherstripping to restore all of my 1972 RevCon windows. The RevCon shares many parts w/ Airstreams, so when I consider the parts I think will be rare or hard-to-find, I start with some of the Airstream suppliers.

So I wandered over to Amazon, where I typed in "Vinyl Glazing" and found 100' of glazing for $10 less than 40' @ VTS. I also found the right size weatherstripping, again at 100', but for half the price of the VTS. I found everything I needed for significantly less.
Do you still have the info on these? I've been trying to find the correct window channel replacement for almost 2 years. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Clemson State of Mind
wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:11 AM   #13109

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post
I grew up near the NAS here and have seen the Angels many times over the years.

My mom now lives on the former NAS here in Maine. Not their home base but they still come to do airshows ...
Her window is a great spot to see them.and I also take her and park on the runway where the "VIP" seating is !!
(there is a F35 parked out there this week it's really BIG compared to the F18s)

We just watch the rehearsals cuz the show isn't free anymore like before base closing. Still a GREAT show and get to see the stunts multiple times instead of once like the paid show.
They are really fun to watch for sure. Getting to see them daily is even more interesting. There were to F35's here earlier this week. As you said they are huge in comparison to other jets.

We are just getting moving this morning (10 am CST) as our sons wedding and pre-parties have left us worn out. Ha. Getting older means more sleep to catch up.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:11 PM   #13110

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Settling into life in Yuma. Going to be in the low 90 today and for the next few days. Good temps overnight to good to sleep.

Have a great day.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:53 AM   #13111

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
morning,
thanks again everyone for the support. I'm feeling great
I had my appointment last Thursday and passed the flow test with a A plus, then no more got in the car and they called to say the infection is back, so back on antibiotic's. This will be the 6th regiment but I am catheter free.
I need too wait 3 weeks to see the urologist to see what the next step will be with the Cancer, hoping too get the okay too go tp Yuma.

After several trips too the auto parts store we got the new breaks lines that go to the calipers installed and wheels are spinning freely. It got to late to take it out for a test drive.
Today we will, need to get propane, and gas.

Finally found the straps that go over toad wheels that secure to KarKaddy. Still not sure if it will tow backwards.

Well going to go check my Mega tickets, Maybe I will arrive too Yuma in a new Provost.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 04:34 AM   #13112

Gulf Streamers Club
News is saying one ticket in South Carolina won Mega Million. Lloyd, was it you?

ronspradley

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 08:40 AM   #13113

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Great news Tim. Go with the flow!! LOL Take care of the infection and hopefully the urologist will be able to clear you for Yuma.

Going to be warm for the next few days. Low 90's.

Getting the coach washed this morning so out to clear the deck so our furniture does not get wet.

Have a great day.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:32 AM   #13114

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Getting ready to go to the pool for morning exersize.
Tim,
Good news on the feeling better and no ccatheter.Take care of the infection. I agree with Gordon on the urologist giving you the thumbs up to coming Yuma.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:29 PM   #13115

Gulf Streamers Club
i voted!

ronspradley
Old 10-24-2018, 05:31 PM   #13116

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
i voted!

ronspradley
Was there a line? We voted about ten this morning in little ole Denison, small line that was much longer when we got out, ten machines working.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:10 PM   #13117

Gulf Streamers Club
No waiting to vote here in Taylor. I was at city hall checking on permit requirements for foam I am having sprayed in walls and crawl space of house and the voting was down the hall. Got both done at same time. Taylor is maybe half the size of Denison.
Rain will be over tonight and we will get near a week without rain. That has not happened since first of August.

Lynne, since I have voted, can I go ahead and go to Yuma? It has been unseasonably cold here, not your kind of cold but my kind of cold. Oh, wait. Probably need to put a floor in my house before I leave on another trip. This is my new master bedroom.

ronspradley
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	floor missing.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	223689  
Old 10-24-2018, 07:05 PM   #13118

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening,

Ron, the floor will be there when you get home, GO TO YUMA NOW!

We can't vote ahead of time except by absentee. We wish we had done that because we would leave 4 days earlier. Beginning to wonder if we are going to run into problems with caravans going through New Mexico.

Either way, we are going to be there as soon as we can make it. Still leaving on the 6th right after we vote.

Tim, sure am happy to hear you are going to try to get to Yuma this year. Sure look forward to some visiting and cooking meals and eating together.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote