Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #1303

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Frank, It sounds like it'll make a huge improvement with the paving and concrete pads, You won't recognize next fall.

97 International 4700 Tot'r
Harley1994 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2015, 06:22 PM   #1304

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Frank,

I like to touch someone every day! Make a difference every day. Make someone smile whenever I can. Help with a burden if at all possible. Oh yeah, and I want to find my MH this year if possible.

Bap,

Thank you for the prayers, it means a lot. See, you too touched a life, Mine. Glad Janet did not let you take the staples out. Shame on you for suggesting it.

Jay,

You deserved that stink eye and I am sending you the stink eye right now! (")

We have one of those birds that has a love affair with our window too. The computer room window, go figure.

Bobby,

I so wish I was with you right now. I would give you a long hug to say I understand and am sorry and then we would go for a walk in the woods and just take in nature. We make so many decisions in our lives that we wish we could re-decide but it doesn't happen that way.

When a family member, someone you love, commits suicide, it leaves those of us who live to deal with the fallout. How do you deal with that? Nothing will make that better or more tolerable. You cannot fix it, stop it from hurting, or have it make sense so YOU can deal with it. You just have to live with it. Let's face it, it just plain sucks, is awful, and pisses you off. This was not your choice, why do YOU have to deal with it and how do I make it all not have happened. What could I have done to stop it and why didn't I see it coming?

Did you feel all that, ask yourself that, still find yourself mad and hurt beyond belief? That's because it is one of the most awful things to be the survivor of. YOU had no choice and he is not here to make it better. He took the easy way out and left you with the hard path. The problem is no one can live it for you or help you with the anger and pain. If I could, I would take all of it away from you.

It' ok to be ticked off and hurt, you put so much into him and he hurt you beyond repair. Be mad at him and tell him you are pissed and then give yourself a break. You have suffered enough.

When we all get together, I am going to take you for that walk and we are going to scream! Then we will laugh and maybe drink a drink or two. I don't drink much but we'll figure something out. I must warn you though that I can get pretty crazy when friends are hurting. I also cry at the drop of the hat, commercials, songs, and when I see elderly people holding hands and smiling at each other. One of my favorite pass times is watching people show their love for each other through their eyes. It is just beautiful!

It's ok to be mad, I give you permission. Just remember that.

I wish you all a beautiful day tomorrow and today. I wish you the love of someone incredible, I wish you all the hugs you need and want, and I wish to meet you each someday soon.

Night all, Lynne

beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 06:45 AM   #1305

Good Morning Everyone! Lynne, Thank You! I am taking all of your advice and letting it go! And I feel better for it.Originally I always felt I would end up living there if something happened to Sally, but after going to Florida and meeting Frank and Rita, I see there are so many other things and people to meet and do without the burden of the maintainance and taxes that go with having all this junk. I feel freer just thinking of the possibilities! We both need to unencumber ourselves from all this stuff we've accumulated and move on to enjoying life instead of just struggling to live it! Just unloading that property will give us the money to go out with the MH and pay for staying wherever we want for a year. Going to write the check for last years and this years taxes, $7900 and pass it on to the neighbor then go have a party. I want to thank all of you for giving me the little nudge I needed to let go of it as I still have to deal with the other 3 houses we have. Might have to get rid of them too as I will be 60 in August and Sally will be 73 in June, time to relax and enjoy life! Hope everyone is well or at least healing , Bobby
Old 04-21-2015, 07:00 AM   #1306

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Terry,
That's what the new owner keeps telling us. It will still be home though, the people here are what makes the park home, and they feel like family.
Lynne,
You are such a sweetheart, and you do touch people's lives and make them better.
Bobby,
I'm glad that you feel better and have a better outlook.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 10:16 AM   #1307

Gulf Streamers Club
Morning all. Coffee/cocoa great this morning. Wife Rebecca got intestinal infection and we spent 4 nights in hospital, got released Sunday afternoon. We are trying to get back to normal (normal for us), and getting rid of this bad bug. Antibiotics for another week, then we can go out in public again. So we have been especially closely connected with this sick body thing for a while. I have been reading Candace Pert, PhD about mindbody connection and would recommend to all. As Eastern philosophers have said for thousands of years, the body does not just exist just to carry the brain around. The body is your sub-conscious, and health involves both the mind and the body and the communication between the two. I wish all here health and healing. And lets all get outside and enjoy Mother Nature. Weather here is great.

ronspradley/and rebecca

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 04:15 PM   #1308

Ron,
Sorry to hear about Rebecca, Give her our best wishes and hope that she continues on the road to a quick recovery.
Frank
Old 04-21-2015, 04:28 PM   #1309

Winnebago Owners Club
Will say a prayer for a quick recovery for Rebecca.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:38 PM   #1310

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bobby and Frank,

One of the things I try to base everything on is that old saying "The love of money is the root of all evil." THINGS also fall under the money moniker. If you love things more than someone or self, you are missing the heart.

So saying, never put money or things above someone's heart including your own. We get things and think we have to keep them even when they become a chain around our necks. Think we have to have fancier and better because others have it. Think that our success or happiness is based on someone else's ideas.

WHAT is really important to YOU? Driving around looking at this beautiful country? Do you need a brand new MH for that or is your 1973 TH your idea of perfect? If you keep that property is it going to be a noose around your neck and steal your happiness? If you really want to keep it and it gives you joy, then keep it.

Is meeting new people and seeing a different view often important? That is one thing that is really important to me. I really want to meet all of you. I want to sell this place and not have to think about if it is ok or not or getting back to mow the lawn or anything else that a house requires. I would rather spend the $2200. a year in tax money and insurance for a fun trip or a Moped for us to scoot around on.

The money from the house sale can go in the bank and allow you to buy a place when the time to come off the road happens if it ever does. I want to sit around a camp fire with friends and talk or just be quiet. I want to walk in the woods and along a beach or river. I want to see sunsets and sunrises with my husband.

I want to meet you guys at a CG and cook together, have someone teach me how to play cards so I can learn to trounce you, and visit as long as we want.

Each of us has had sorrow hit our lives. They are hard to get pass and some of them harder than others. Choose to live in the balcony and get out of the basement. Understand that there are days you are going to fail and that is when you use friends like me and those here.

Bobby, when you look at that property and you see the effect it is having on your "heart" decide if it is worth keeping for you. It may be, but if it is not, sell it, let it go. Lighten your heart because you have had a hard hit to it. Learn to love other things as much as or more than that property. It is a house and some land. Your heart is priceless!

I have a new great niece! She was born Monday on my husband's 65th BD. Wow! In 32 1/2 months I get to retire. I have tomorrow off work! YEAH! God is wonderful! I have met all you great people here. I will get a MH sometime. Even with death around the corner, there s beauty! Climb to the balcony! Lynne
Old 04-22-2015, 06:56 AM   #1311

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Wow, 37 this AM. Feels really cold. Coffee was nice and hot though as it should be.

Have a question. As I have been looking for a MH I notice a lot for sale with "manual jacks". I take it these are exactly what they say and have to be manually lowered and raised. Do you do each one individually or do the front go together and how hard is this to level? Not sure I want to go there.

Otherwise, looking forward to a good I hope. Hope the same for all of you. Lynne
Old 04-22-2015, 07:10 AM   #1312

Lynne,
Not sure, could be they mean that they don't have the one button automatic leveling. Depending on the controls, you would have to lower each jack to level (from the drivers seat), Not necessarily a bad thing, just takes a little longer, by a minute or two.
I wouldn't turn one of these units down, if everything else suits your wants.
Frank
Old 04-22-2015, 08:39 AM   #1313

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Good Morning All,

Wow, 37 this AM. Feels really cold. Coffee was nice and hot though as it should be.

Have a question. As I have been looking for a MH I notice a lot for sale with "manual jacks". I take it these are exactly what they say and have to be manually lowered and raised. Do you do each one individually or do the front go together and how hard is this to level? Not sure I want to go there.

Otherwise, looking forward to a good I hope. Hope the same for all of you. Lynne
I would imagine that the HWH hydraulic jacks on our Winnie would be considered "manual jacks" as they have a seperate lever for each one next to the drivers seat. Not a big deal as far as i'm concerned. I'm more concerned about all the newer "automatic" ones that if something goes wrong you are stuck! Simpler is better to me! And yes Lynne the check for the taxes is in the mail, and hopefully we'll be rid of some bad memories and another burden in a few weeks, Thanx, time to enjoy! Bobby
Old 04-22-2015, 09:04 AM   #1314

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning!!!

Cold and wet here today. Indoor projects on the agenda.
Coffee is fantastic!

Lynne - I can not dispute a single word in your balcony post. Spot on! I look forward to those nights around a campfire with this group of folks. I have always believed when people break bread together they form a lasting bond, become part of your family.

Ron - Speedy recovery for Rebecca. Now that the worst is past you can rest easy, sleep well.

Did an interview with our first veteran family that will go through our farm program yesterday. Recorded it over Skype. Only issue the video option wasn't checked so we only got the audio. Darn shame. Could kick myself for that.

Lots to do today.

Chase your dreams
Leave no regrets
Reach for the brass ring
This life is NOT a test
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 Magna Carta "Maggie"
25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:05 AM   #1315

Winnebago Owners Club
Lynne - I am with Frank and Bobby. I think the manual means you have to manually press the buttons. On our coach there is a manual and automatic mode. Automatic does it's thing and in manual mode the jacks operate in pairs.

To manually operate the jacks we have a front/back button and a left/right button. I press the front or back button first depending upon which end is higher. Both jacks will lower until you hear or feel them touch. Then just a bit more to slightly lift the high end (takes some pressure off of the springs). I then press the other end and bring the coach to level end to end. Then I press the left or right button until the jacks touch down on the high side (then just a bit to take pressure off of the springs). Then the low side until the coach is level side to side.

I do not use the automatic as it will generally lift the coach higher than if it is done manually. Since I do not use automatic I would feel no loss if it were not there.
Old 04-22-2015, 09:17 AM   #1316

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Thanks guys,

Here I was thinking that there was a crank you had to crank to lower the front and then the back. I was thinking with my back and neck and the husbands bad shoulders this would be a nono. I will all one of the places that has that posted to confirm and then continue the search.

Wuw, relieves my mind. Hope everyone is feeling better. We actually had some white stuff blow in for a bit this am. No accumulation thank God! Lynne