Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:04 AM   #1331

Winnebago Owners Club
Welcome back Jeff. Great that Debbie is getting help. Missed your posts. One of the things I look for when I rush to the thread each day.

Bobby - sounds like you are moving ahead very well and getting prepared for some travel adventures. Change is always stressful but with it comes the anticipation of new adventures.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2015, 10:45 AM   #1332

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Bobby,

I think it is great that you guys got to sell the place and to someone who you know. Let's face it, you had a lot of fun there and the memories can go with you wherever you go. When we finally meet I want you to tell me those stories about that place so don't forget them. The money that will be in your pocket will be a blessing. Doesn't matter if it is more or less, it will be in your pocket. Bet you got over $8,000 use out of it over the years. Just think what fun you can have with it!

My Dad was a perfectionist like you guys. I kind of picked the habit up. It's like a personal challenge to do the job RIGHT because that is how you would want it done for you. Never have to worry about someone coming back at you about a job badly done either. One of the things my boss likes bet about me. Doesn't have to babysit me.

Bap,

I knew if Debbie got with the right group they could help her. Sometimes people have NOT been shown the correct way to use inhalers and a little thing like NOT shaking them to suspend the meds is enough to NOT have them work correctly. Cleaning inhalers and emptying the lungs prior to use is enough to make a big difference too.

I am glad Debbie has got a good group, I think you will see a big difference in her breathing and outlook on her health. When you have lung problems it is like trying to breath through a straw. Not good.

Otherwise, it was a good day today since I only had to w--k half a day. I have anther half day Saturday. Coffee was good this AM and we had snow again! Yuck, so ready to be done with the white stuff. Not enough to accumulate, but it was 30. Burrrrrrrr!

You all have a great day! Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:59 PM   #1333
bap

yes LYNNE, i can already see a big difference in debbies out look on life,,,soo happy right now that we have found this place,,,,they did excplain alot of things that we didnt know ,,and they are so kind and up beat about everything...makes me think of you when i see there smiling faces coming up to us and it truley puts a smile on ours...

i miss it when im not on here,,,there are alot of times i try to log on here but we live backwoods and up a holler so signal is bad,,,but i wouldnt change where our house is fo a million bucks...well maybe a few million...lol..
everyone have a great day...
Old 04-24-2015, 12:44 AM   #1334

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning gang! We are back in Thailand, and I have to say, it was so fun, and a great trip! My MIL had such a great time in the MH, she fell in love with the lifestyle, and can talk about the trip with her freinds and family for years! It was a sad day when we took the MH back to the dealer and cleaned her out. We averaged over 10 mpg for the trip, which was way more than i expected! I only had to fix a few things, and everything worked as it should, so for a 20 year old MH, I was very impressed! It is a testament to Holiday Rambler's build quality!
The MPI 454 ran like a top, and moved the 16,000 lb. Mh with ease! It drove good, straight, and handled the winds very well! Some of the gusts would get your attention, but it had some monster sway bars that helped a lot! Ty, the dealer that took it in on consignment said it would sell fast, as it is priced under book, and looked and drove great! Well, now to start planning our next trip, I guess? And looking for the next Mh? Hahaha!! Rail!
Old 04-24-2015, 05:41 AM   #1335

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rail,
For someone that hasn't experienced the Rv'ing lifestyle, I would imagine that it would quite a revelation. Now it is time to rest, you had quite a whirlwind month. Sorry that we couldn't meet up along the way, maybe next time.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 06:56 AM   #1336
bap

glad you had a great and safe trip, and that the mil made such wonderful memories..

Old 04-24-2015, 08:43 AM   #1337

Winnebago Owners Club
Rail - glad you had a good trip. Perhaps the experience will have your family bugging you to return to do more RV'ing. Next time perhaps you will be able to take a bit more time. As well I hope our schedule will be less hectic and somehow will be able to cross paths.

Bright point is that everyone recovering from their setbacks or getting help. It is a trend I am really thankful for. We shall all end the year healthy and improved condition.

Selling the 5er. Listed it the other day. Hope it goes quickly. Decided to keep the truck. We have a 15000 dump trailer that I still want to keep and the 150 does not handle it well. 450 a bit big for a daily driver but I can not replace it for what I can get for it.

Have a great day. Weather here is miserable but we need the moisture. Likely will check the thread at various times during the day as most of the tasks I have are outside. Not going there!!!
We are in the process of selling the
Old 04-24-2015, 10:53 PM   #1338

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Thanks Guy's!
I think the trip will go down as a success! And I will have to get a way bigger MH next time, as ALL of the family will want to come!!! I can see a monster DP, towing a big TT!!!!!! And I think next trip will be later in the year, as so many of the parks and campgrounds were still closed for the winter!! Rail!
Old 04-25-2015, 09:25 AM   #1339

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning all;
Looking forward to the day. Miserable outside so not a lot of incentive to go there. Makes me kind of antsy as I want to work some more on the yard. Have the perfect opportunity now with Janet recovering. She is getting more mobile so I will leave for a while to do stuff outside. We are still staying close to home so I do not feel pressure to be on the road.

Rail - I have seen a large MH towing a TT in a video on the forum. RV fire and the RV that just wanted some love He has a short video of the MH towing a TT around the yard. He called it the mother in law suite as I recall. It would be doable. Fall would likely be better than the summer. September after the kids are all back in school. It would be difficult for us to get down to the US before October as we are limited with days. Rumor has it they are moving the 6 months to 8 in the near future. But that is politics so who knows?

bap - like your new avatar. Are you building one of your restorations into the Bat Cave? Watched a batman movie the other day. Still enjoy it.

Lynne makes a really good point about doing the job like you would do it for yourself. Makes you wonder what some folks homes look like? Are they full of cigarette butts and chip bags? Maybe we should do a study to see if there is a correlation!

Sad news about the earthquake in Nepal. Prayers for all of the folks there who are affected.

Time for some breakfast and then find something to distract me for the day. Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:57 AM   #1340

Winnebago Owners Club
The skiff of snow that fell overnight melted by 10 this morning. Cool and breezy.

I see in the snow reports I get that Snowbird a ski area in Utah got 7 inches of snow overnight.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:53 PM   #1341

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning!!

Great coffee.

Have missed you guys & gals the last few days. Just been too busy to chat much. Between fundraising, talking to contractors and suppliers for the project and trying to get the S&B finished up I've been a bit busy.

Hope you all have a fabulous day
1992 County Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2 | YouTube | Twitter
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:27 PM   #1342

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Rail,
You keep making these trips around the country and before you know it, the family will have you full timing.
Gordon,
You sure have a way with words, I like your post #1339, and I agree with what you are saying.
Jay,
Glad that you stopped back in to say hi.
Well, tomorrow is last workcamp day for this season, then hustle to get everything packed up to leave, supposed to rain most of next week.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 10:42 PM   #1343

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Lynne, our 96 Holiday Rambler had HWH manual Leveler's . they dropped down in pairs, and would level all 4 ways, drop the front first, then the back, get it level front to back, then side to side. They worked very well, and did not take but a few min's to get her level! Very simple, and not a lot to go wrong. Well, it is time for us to go back to Bangkok, and fly back up home to Lampang! Vacation is over! Well, I guess every day is a vacation when you are retired! Going to take awhile to get used to the humidity! Thank goodness for A/C!!
Everyone, thanks for the well wishes! It's good to have this group, and we will all have such fun when we all meet up!! Coffee is very good this morning! Take care all! Rail!
Old 04-26-2015, 05:02 AM   #1344

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Rail,

Glad you all had good time. You have a birthday coming up don't you? Maybe next year you can come during that time and celebrate your BD somewhere interesting.

I remember camping in Yellowstone the first week of August when I was a kid. We had a tent and 5 kids and 2 parents in the tent. Got a foot of snow overnight and it collapsed the tent. We had to get out, clean the snow off, put the tent back up, and we were freezing. It was great! So many great memories like that.

Gordon,

I worked ambulance for a few years (12). You would not believe some of the houses we entered and the condition they were in. I have never been able to understand how people live like that but it didn't seem to bother them.

The weather here is up and down but we know it will get there soon. With our last two winters I am enjoying any day over 30 which is what it is this am. Suppose to be 70 next Saturday.

Hope everyone is doing well today and doing something they like. Have a great one! Lynne

beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote