Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2018, 12:19 AM   #13455

My turn to be agrivated.

Had a bone scan and received a rejection from my ins. co. Said they don't pay for this preventive service. Hospital sent me a bill for $198.00. Of course this is late on Friday when I get my mail. I have bone loss and my Dr. put my on Fosamax for this condition three years ago. I'm sure my primary will give me a letter with all the diagnosis on it. Time to kick butt with my ins. co. Lynne,so sorry about your neice and family. The go fund me seems like a very good idea. Went out today to get DD from work. Drove past the Factory Outlet mall. Cars all over the place. They must be giving something away!! Very heavy traffic with all the Black Friday shoppers. People lined up at 5:30 AM to get the bargains at HD. DD started work at 6AM. Take care...Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2018, 04:04 AM   #13456

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Woke up early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Oh well, I can always take a nap this afternoon, lol.
Lloyd,
Yes I am having fun setting up trailer. Tool box is full and still have more stuff to put in, so wall cabinet is next, and a clothes closet for the winter stuff to make some room in the closet.
Here is a pic, the closet will go where the straps are hung, and the cabinet will hang above the tool box,
Frank
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181123_101634.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	266.6 KB
ID:	226980  
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 06:05 AM   #13457

Tim, plan is to leave Tuesday, however I think it might slip to Wednesday. We plan on taking one of the southern routes. If the weather holds we will stick to I-20 till it merges with i-10 in west Texas. if the weather is iffy we will drop to I-10 in Alabama and stay out of the cold. We are able to get on I-20 in Atlanta, about 4 hours from here or continue south west and pickup I-10 in Alabama. When are you planning on leaving? What route? It looks like if you go the shortest route, we won't cross paths till Yuma.

BTW I-20 to west Texas, then picking up I-10 to Tucson, and I-8 to Yuma is the shortest route for us. 2,100 miles.

Insurance companies. Bahhh Humbug! I wish you both luck sorting through these claims. We won ours however it took time and patience. Meanwhile agravation galore!

Rainy, windy 35* here today. Went to a party with Deb's book club last night. Normally a womens club, however last night they all had their hubbies with them. It was fun. A very diverse crowd. Banker, truck dispatcher, school teacher, apple orchard owner, etc etc..

This morning I am going to put the coach in the barn. Fingers crossed that it fits and the door will close. Hope Tiffin didn't lie about the demensions. Ms Prissy left about 12" to spare. If it fits I will have HEAT! Chassis lube, fan belts, and a few other outside the coach projects on the list. On the subjects of fan belts......... I called Freightliner support and asked about my belt, they gave me a number and I picked up one. Talking with my friend John who has a 2011 coach with same drivetrain,,,,,,, he says there are 2!!! Yet to go under there and confirm that. Maybe they changed it for 2014?

Frank, sounds like a good plan for the trailer. Suggestion, modify the tool box so you can leave it tied down all the time, not have to untie everytime you go in it. It gets old re-doing that stuff.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 06:38 AM   #13458

Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks for the suggestion Lloyd, I was thinking about that after I get everything else in and am sure where everything goes. The way it is right now, all you have to do is move the tie down strap slightly to get into the drawers.
See you guys in about 10 days or so,
Frank
Old 11-24-2018, 06:53 AM   #13459

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Frank, sorry to hear about your friend.

My niece started a go-fund-me account for her sister. This family is poor and struggle for everything. I sent a check for them because that is about all I can do right now. Just want to wrap them up in my arms and never let go. They were all sleeping and we could have lost all of them had a man not drove by and seen the fire and pounded on the window to wake them up and get them out. When they opened the front door to get out there was a whoosh and explosion. Firemen did find her wedding rings so she does have those back. They found two albums of pictures so that is something.

Insurance adjuster showed up yesterday. They have to investigate the fire to make sure it was not arson before they will make a decision. My gut feeling is they probably had the bare insurance they could have and will come out on the short end of the stick. They lost both cars, phones, all their clothes, Christmas gifts they had already purchased. I sent her a check because insurance will take time. She had less than $5,000. to pay to have the house paid off.

Making ham and bean soup today from Thanksgiving left overs. This is one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving dinner, the left overs and what you make with them.

Planted some Aloe Vera plants around a tree yesterday and Tim & Joe's site. Needed a little greening up.

Hope everyone is doing fine. I got to get down to look at Frank's trailer. He is soooo excited!

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:38 AM   #13460

Gulf Streamers Club
Good morning all. Beautiful start to the day here at sister Linda's outside of Gatesville. More turkey and ham today. View from front of my Gulfstream coach.

ronspradley

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Goodmorning Gatesville.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	226993  
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:44 AM   #13461

Freightliner Owners Club
Great view Ron
Frank
Old 11-24-2018, 07:54 AM   #13462

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Good Morning Gang,
Woke up early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Oh well, I can always take a nap this afternoon, lol.
Lloyd,
Yes I am having fun setting up trailer. Tool box is full and still have more stuff to put in, so wall cabinet is next, and a clothes closet for the winter stuff to make some room in the closet.
Here is a pic, the closet will go where the straps are hung, and the cabinet will hang above the tool box,
Frank
I can appreciate your enthusiasm. Keep in mind that keeping the weight low and evenly spread out is important. Stuff can happen and when it does little things like weight distribution can be a big thing.

Yesterday I was called over to a bud’s to weld up come cracks in an aluminum Jon boat. It went well even though the stars and full moon did their part to mess it up. A machine I had never used before along with welding aluminum overhead kept it challenging. The first thing I thought of when I saw your photo was we needed a tig party to make some framework strong light for your tool storage, maybe in a couple of years when we’re looking for something to do.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:10 AM   #13463

Freightliner Owners Club
I agree Harvey, the weight distribution is important. Most of the weight that is going into the front of the trailer came out of the rear half of the coach.
Frank
Old 11-24-2018, 08:15 AM   #13464

Insurance co's never pay out claims anymore , "corporate policy" is all premiums are theirs to keep and payouts are to be kept to zero if any way possible.
(My guess is it's real hard to maintain the bonus' for exec's if they don't.)

Unless you can provide a gotchya ..... hope you guys are successful !

Sorry to hear about the fire.
I really know how much that sucks.
A club burned down with all my audio gear back in the 90s.
Total loss , only ins. co. that covered that stuff is Lloyd's of London and the yearly premium ??? more than the gear cost new so......if you can make it through a year ,,,, you "win".

Then....I lost my class A and everything else I owned 10 yrs ago on the road just N. of NYC and still haven't recovered from it.

Ins . co. dropped my comp coverage a few months before because it was "too old" and the complete restoration didn't concern them"

Unfortunately , I survived both times so you guys'll just have to put up with me I guess
Old 11-24-2018, 08:25 AM   #13465

A little bird told me last night was a recurring event in Yuma this time of year. It happens a couple of miles from our place in the Foothills and one of the band members lives behind us, an over-the-wall-thing.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:29 AM   #13466

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Coffee is tasting pretty tasty might have to go back to it.

Lloyd, I was going to go 35 too Oklahoma city then take 40 to Amarillo 27 south to 60 too 70 come out at Las Cruces. Take 10 west tooo 8 to Winterhaven exit turn left over 8 into park to #144. Not sue if I will back in or pull straight in. I told Joe if we don't get her cleaned out by Wednesday we will clean a little ea stop. I get stiches out Wednesday or we could have left earlier. I would really like to leave Thursday AM
The route came from rail, from Amarillo to las cruises.Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:38 AM   #13467

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Harv
I thought you were going to say the Humming bird Migration.

Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 08:51 AM   #13468

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Prayers for your niece Lynne. Thankfully there was no loss of life.

Condolences on your friend Frank.

Talked to Tim yesterday and they are raring to go. One more checkup and they will be on the way. Looking at the turkey they prepared they should have enough leftovers to make it all the way.

Have a great day.