Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2018, 03:56 AM   #13539

Quote:
Originally Posted by guardrail53 View Post
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Harvey, dang,, take care, do what the Dr's say, and if they tell you, you would look better in high heels, Run!
We are sending thoughts and prayers your way! And flowers, can't forget the flowers!

Lloyd, I hauled a lot of the control panels for the big wind farm up on the bluff, for GE, in that area! Enjoy the lay-over! Some good food around there too! Hope the wind is a non-event!

I made up a big crock pot of stew yesterday evening, and it is smelling good in the whole house, will be ready for lunch today! Pork tenderloin, potatoes, carrots, onion's, red bell peppers, celery, dark Indian corn, spices and herbs!

Everyone have a great day! Rail!
The roses were perfect. I shared them with the nurses, guys liked them almost as much as the girls.

We see quite a few of the wind farm blades come through on 82 going to town, them some long trailers. Longest I ever hauled was four 75 foot telephone poles for an antenna array in Nam, deuce and half with a tail heavy 75’ trailer, talk about tail swing and trailer cut, at 40 mph the tail started trying to wag the dawg to boot.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2018, 06:41 AM   #13540

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
Well we ae almost ready but looking at the weather map mother nature is throwing us a curve. Southern Minn, Iowa, Missouri Oklahoma, are have snow predicted. .I hope the 50 years I've driven and the OTR diving will pay off.
We ae almost ready, got to mount the KarKaddy spare tire to the dolly. Mount the ladder and bikes.
We are going to try and get out tonight.
Yuma here we come.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:48 AM   #13541

Be careful Tim !
Sit it out if it gets bad .

Harvey
Nobody is dying until after meeting me !

(If that don't kill ya instead...)

Can anybody in the desert please fart in my general direction.....it's cold here....
Old 11-30-2018, 06:58 AM   #13542

Well Lloyd I wish things were different here at my place. I'd have invited you to layover at my little Ranch just North of Fort Worth. Near the Texas Motor Speedway off I 35 W. I've got 3 RV hookups and a dump station. That wind was brutal the other day. Yesterday was great.

Maybe once the wife gets back to normal you guys can plan a layover in Rhome Texas. GOOGLE it. We are North of town off of FM 407. Near the St Hwy 114.& 287/ 81

Harvey, I sure am pulling for you to get back to your active lifestyle. I'm just like you. I can't sit still. Gotta be working on something.

I had some balance issues about 15 years ago. Got dehydrated at work (heat stroke) and my inner ear blew up. My world was put on a record player at 45 rpm and spinning for 6 months.

I'm better now, but I have to drink a lot if water or it acts up a little.

Talk about fears of Agent Orange I spent the early part of my career working with PCB"s and it has taken several of my Co workers. Most likely what caused my kidney cancer last year. My brother was a Marine Grunt in Nam, so he's had his health issues too.

These Chemist clearly don't worry about long term effect on humans as long as the profit is there. I grew up around asbestos and played with mercury as a kid. So it's a wonder I'm as healthy as I am..
Funny thing though. My blood is still to this day CMV negative because I grew up overseas when that virus was going around in the US in the 50's and the Military overdosed the Military Dependants on anti polio vaccines who were living on their bases.

I'll be praying you have a full recovery.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:35 AM   #13543

Good morning all!

59* here in Colorado City, Texas. Partly cloudy, more sun than clouds.

Thanks for the invite Curtis, maybe next year we will take you up on that offer,,,,, and your life and the wife's will back to normal. We had strong winds out of the South yesterday till we got near Fort Worth, then it seemed to subside. Time we got here to Colorado City there was next to nothing.

So far, not very windy here. However the forecast says the wind is coming. Dis-advantage of being so long, lots of parks can't take us. Might have considered moving further down the road but don't want to get stuck out there. So here we sit.

Charlie, looks like you made it to your goal. Great to hear. Hope all goes well with your awning repair.

Popeye, I had turkey for dinner yesterday,,,,, warm air headed your way.

Harvey,,,, take care of yourself. I had a severe brain injury 10 years ago, doctors constantly remind me of early signs of post injury. Serious stuff, if you feel wierd have a seat and rest a bit.

So Gordon,,,,, the roads in Louisana were HORRIBLE. Insterstate 20 is just as bad with the broken pavement. Many miles of it. When I did my walk around before getting on the road I realized we lost a center front hub cap. Ordered one online thought I would be there by the time it arrived, wondering now. If you happen to see the fedex truck it maybe for me. We will call the office and tell them we are running late today.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:56 AM   #13544

Gulf Streamers Club
Lloyd, are you packed so you can unload the bikes easily without having to unload the jeep first? There is a West Texas Museum there that is supposed to be interesting. 67 here when I got up this morning, going to near 80. Let me remember now, I am going to Yuma for the winter because it is warmer there? Well, not today but I have high hopes.

ronspradley

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:30 AM   #13545

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Well Lloyd I wish things were different here at my place. I'd have invited you to layover at my little Ranch just North of Fort Worth. Near the Texas Motor Speedway off I 35 W. I've got 3 RV hookups and a dump station. That wind was brutal the other day. Yesterday was great.

Maybe once the wife gets back to normal you guys can plan a layover in Rhome Texas. GOOGLE it. We are North of town off of FM 407. Near the St Hwy 114.& 287/ 81

Harvey, I sure am pulling for you to get back to your active lifestyle. I'm just like you. I can't sit still. Gotta be working on something.

I had some balance issues about 15 years ago. Got dehydrated at work (heat stroke) and my inner ear blew up. My world was put on a record player at 45 rpm and spinning for 6 months.

I'm better now, but I have to drink a lot if water or it acts up a little.

Talk about fears of Agent Orange I spent the early part of my career working with PCB"s and it has taken several of my Co workers. Most likely what caused my kidney cancer last year. My brother was a Marine Grunt in Nam, so he's had his health issues too.

These Chemist clearly don't worry about long term effect on humans as long as the profit is there. I grew up around asbestos and played with mercury as a kid. So it's a wonder I'm as healthy as I am..
Funny thing though. My blood is still to this day CMV negative because I grew up overseas when that virus was going around in the US in the 50's and the Military overdosed the Military Dependants on anti polio vaccines who were living on their bases.

I'll be praying you have a full recovery.
I'm in same Agent Orange boat. My symptoms and problems started in the early 2000's and continue. I have had all kinds of weird health problems from that stuff.

My granddaughter was born with webbed feet. (addressed) a few days after her birth. I was told by my VA Doctor that it affects the first line exposure folks (us) and then every other generation. I don't know if that's true or not but I sure hope not.

Back to Lloyds weather report. When we pulled into Benson last evening the wind was just calm to awful from the past just west of El Paso all the way to Benson.

Here at Pato Blanco RV park the wind is howling at the top of the hill where the office is. They are predicting 40-45 mph winds today. It sure seemed at the upper end of that prediction earlier this morning.

Every stay safe.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:28 AM   #13546

The doc was just in, said I’m finer’n frog hair. And everyone knows you can’t get and finer’n that.

He’s got to check one other thing and then I’m outahere. He’s suggesting it’s an arythymia sp. that only shows up on rare occasions. If the sonogram of the heart is good like everything else then I’m off to the races until the next even, five years or so hopefully.

It might get better, but it’s going to have to try real hard.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:54 PM   #13547

Anyone have the number of a radiologist in Sherman Denison area. We need one to read the sonogram so I can hit the road, time’s a wasting.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:50 PM   #13548

Wind really moving here last 2 hours, visibility is about a 1/4 mile, major dust storm. It is hitting the side of the coach, rocks us from time to time but not getting under the topper,,,, slides are out. Owner shared there was a like event back in the spring, flipped a travel trailer setup and parked here. owners were not in it at the time. Yikes!

Harvey,,,, excellent news. Hope you find the right guy to set you free.

Ron, I can get one bike out without unloading the Jeep. Not possible to load any other way. Trying to keep the weight evenly distributed , and the longest space for the motorcycle is in the center. Not too hard to unload the Jeep, if it wasn't for all the other crap I have on the floor.

L.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:27 AM   #13549

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Fingers crossed Harvey.

Going to be another wonderful day. Had some brief winds and a bit of rain the other day. Just enough to let mother nature show us who is in control.

Will keep an eye out for the Fedex folks.

Laying bricks today. Did some prep work yesterday and it will go quickly. Should be finished by noon!!

Have a great day.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:54 AM   #13550

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Harvey as I was reading your post I was thinking an arrhythmia. Sometimes the pacemakers of the heart start acting up and there will be long pauses causing the person to faint, pass out, just drop. The heart starts again and they feel a bit disorientated. They can put an event recorder or holter monitor on and figure out if that is the problem. Saw patients that had 75 episodes in a day where the heart would stop for 6 to 12 seconds and they start putting pacemakers in at 4 second stops or with a heart rate below 40 BPM.

Doesn't effect your lifestyle much to get that taken care of either so if that is the issue, not big issue to resolve and keep you around to throw dirt on em all.

Started working on the Sunova emblem on the side of the rig. The Sunova was in need of painting and has to be done by hand, no spraying here. It as too windy anyway to spray paint anything. Will need to sand and put another coat on and then see if we need another. Then a clear coat. Looks better already and I will post pictures when done.

Put the Christmas tree up and the white lights burnt out 2nd day. Went and bought some more and got a longer strand and colored this time. Like the effect much better and so does Jerry. Put some lights out on the tree outside too. Lights up the area at night.

Someone here had a 3 wheel scooter plugged into their charger outside. The woman uses it to get around or she can't get around. It got stolen along with the charger. Really can't stand thieves. Then Chuck had some beer stolen out of his outside fridge. If he catches them they will be in for a big surprise. Three state troopers were here yesterday. Mostly people leave things outside and not locked up. Guess we are going to start locking up our stuff rather than leave them out for easy targets.

Lloyd sure looking forward to you two arriving. We encountered some winds on the way here but nothing like that. Hope it is better today and you can make it tomorrow.

Everyone have a great weekend! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:05 PM   #13551

Good evening! Just had dinner at the Flying J in Lordsville NM. Very good. Gonna click a few more miled away, we are 24 miles from the AZ border, 399 from Rivers Edge.

The wind was HORRIBLE today, everywhere except where they said it would be horrible.

Go figure!

L.
Old 12-01-2018, 10:50 PM   #13552

Evening all!

We parked at 10pm at the Eloy, AZ Flying J. Big day, 749 miles. We fought the wind all day, however got some help from the timezone gods as we moved to mtn time. Our mileage dropped into the 6's today as we pushed a ton of air. As Charlie said, it was very windy!!!! Although we never hit the gale force winds from the day before.

Those of you in Yuma, we should be there around noon, or shortly after. Depends on how early we get started.

Hope Tim and Joe are on the road and making miles.

Good night!