Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2015, 05:29 AM   #1345

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, looks like we might get rained out this morning for our last work day of the season.
Rail, I agree with Lynne, maybe celebrate your birthday next year in a new and exciting place. A few years ago went to Gettysburg for my birthday with next door neighbors and went to a reenactment of President Lincoln's Gettysburg Address.
Lynne,
I was a volunteer firefighter for 27 years and was an EMT, we also ran ambulance and I agree with you on some of the places you had to go into. My 5er gets cluttered, but we pick up and run the sweeper regularly, neither of us can stand it when it gets dirty.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2015, 08:18 AM   #1346

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning all;
Another lovely day. Still cool but the sun is brightly shining. Supposed to get up to 50 today but the caveat is the w word. No not w**k but w**d. I like the w**k word much better than the w**d word. I really dislike it when a breeze grows up!

Spent about 3 hours in emergency yesterday. 5 days after having the staples out Janet developed a bit of inflamation on the one of the staple locations. Call me paranoid but I am deathly fearful of getting a serious infection. Unfortunately emergency was fairly busy and more serious cases kept preceding us. Janet toughed it out. A prescription for some antibiotics and this morning the inflamed spot has reduced by 50%.

Great IDEA Lynne. A BD party. Cake and ICE CREAM.

Got a reply from the fellow with the HWH jacks on the 2005 WGO. His are manual but lower in pairs. He does the same as Rail for leveling his MH.

Frank - always sad when a season ends but there is always the anticipation of the next adventure. I know when we leave the north or the south it only takes about 10 miles for the reluctance to leave ends and we start looking forward to meeting friends or family at our destination. Good byes are always the worst.

Off for some breakfast and then who knows? Have a great day everyone.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:15 PM   #1347

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning everyone.

Great coffee, biscuits & gravy on the menu for breakfast, sun is shinning and I'm vertical, could you ask for a better day?

Much to do today, as if that is different from any other day.

Gordon - Nothing wrong with being cautious. I'm sure Janet is on immunosuppressants so even a small infection can get out of hand real fast.

Hope you all have a fabulous day.

Our*‪#veterans‬*protected us, now its our turn to protect them.
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:20 PM   #1348

Gulf Streamers Club
Another good day. Wife Rebecca recovering nicely from the intestinal infection (C. Diff.). Getting house ready for replacing flooring in master bedroom and master bath. Coming to measure tomorrow morning.

After measuring will make the trip to Gatesville to visit sister, mother, and MH. Still trying to get decal/stripe off MH and prep for paint. Slow process.

And I am always up for a birthday party with cake and ice cream. Currently have a problem with the ice cream part because no Blue Bell available, except my current stash in the freezer. But I am centrally located, only around 2000 miles to up state New York or Seattle, Wa.

Later all, keep well.

ronspradley/rebecca

ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 06:25 PM   #1349

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Little late here today. Hope Janet is better! Just looked at an article on all the hoopla about what Obama and that lying jerk McDonald he appointed to run the VA, seems like in a year not one damn thing is changed! I have several friends that are Vets and they share some bad experiences with me about their treatment. They are a part of the 1 % problem, an organization that is manned by 300,000 people that are screwing the men and women protecting our lives and country, their budget is something like 16.9 Billion, it is ridiculous! And that guy McDonald, misstating(lying) that he was Special Forces, should be enough to get him replaced. He was West Point and a paratrooper and a year into his tenure he has done nothing, write your representitives and tell them to clean this mess up! Speaking of messes, I got rid of a ton of "stuff" in my garage, working on the theory of if you didn't need it in the last year, get rid of it! Trying to simplify my life and enjoy it a little! Bobby
FastGlassMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 07:02 PM   #1350

Freightliner Owners Club
Bobby,
It sounds like the Florida trip in the MH got you bitten by the RVing bug. Cleaning outthe garage and simplifying your life is the start of it.
Frank
Old 04-26-2015, 10:34 PM   #1351

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franka548 View Post
Bobby,
It sounds like the Florida trip in the MH got you bitten by the RVing bug. Cleaning outthe garage and simplifying your life is the start of it.
Frank
You bet Frank, thinking of the possibilities of enjoying whatever years we have left on this earth has awakened something in me ! I never had a whole lot of things in my life besides working and surviving. Now I want more, not material things just more! I'll be 60 in August and Sally will be 73 in June, she has health issues with her heart for all the time I know her and we need to get away and enjoy. Selling the house upstate is one of the best things for us. Too much wasted energy was expended just arguing over it and working to pay the taxes. Now if we can get rid of the other 3 houses or just hang on to the one we live in we will be ok! One can only dream I guess! I'm going to try and find someone to take over the glass shop as I don't have the drive to do it anymore since her grandson is not there it isn't fun anymore adding to the fact that people are only going for the cheapest price and I don't work like that. I don't overprice but I do like to get paid what it's worth otherwise I don't need it! When they start a conversation with " I got this quote from so and so, can you do better, I usually just hang up! That's why I do the work if Sally gets the jobs , because she is not going to do work that doesn't pay either, that and the fact that i'm not all that much into being diplomatic!LOL! She really isn't into it either, as everytime we put and order in it is 10-20% higher and getting very hard to absorb that and remain competitive. So maybe it's time to unload and go party! Bobby
Old 04-27-2015, 08:20 AM   #1352

Good Morning all!

Coffee Hoovers this morning. Left over from last night!

We're still here. We had a few storms carrying tornadoes pass over us last night. We were up late monitoring the Storm Spotter channel on the 2 meter Ham. Melissa's Hobby, not mine! But I'm the Survivalist, so I have to be ready to BUG OUT! I should get some of her pictures she took of the clouds that passed over and post them up. Most had rotation in them.

After Yesterdays excitement weve decided to buy one of the smaller pre made storm shelters that's made just 5 miles south of our house, and get it in as soon as the ground is dry enough to support the Back Hoe.

Im a wizard with a Back Hoe! Since I spent a lifetime the Constructiuon Bidness I've still got contacts in the rental business that will make me a good deal on a weekend rental.

Later Ya'll
Old 04-27-2015, 12:11 PM   #1353

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good morning/afternoon everyone.

Crazy busy day yesterday and will see the same today.

Curtis - I have some work for you in OK come June/July.

Well, better get to it, just wanted to pop in and say hello.

Zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!!!
1992 Country Coach Magna #4926 "Maggie" 25' Stacker "The Toy Box"
Facebook | IRV2[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 02:11 PM   #1354

Freightliner Owners Club
Curtis,
Glad the funnels passed over you and didn't drop down on you. I've seen a funnel cloud go right over head and touch down about 12miles away, so I understand what you are saying, NOT FUN.

Jay,
Don't zoom too fast, leave a little time to smell the roses. What you are doing is a great thing, but don't let it ruin your health, then you can't help anyone.
Frank
Old 04-27-2015, 03:25 PM   #1355

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Gordon,

When we all get together we will have to have a BD party for everyone whether it is anyone's BD or not. I am not willing to pass up cake and ice cream if I can help it!

Bobby,

I think when you and Sally sell things off you will feel like you have had a weight lifted off your back. Every possession you get rid of will be less work, thought, heart, and time to deal with and give you time to just do something fun you want to do. I am excited for you guys! The business you let go of when your Grandson left. It's not in your heart anymore so let someone else pour their heart into it and let yours heal.

Curtis,

One of my favorite things to do is watch (on YouTube) the guys that do some pretty amazing things with Backhoes and other equipment. It's like an extension of their arm an amazing to me. Maybe some day I'll get to watch you at it.

How far do you live from PPL by Cleburne? or any of them for that matter? I keep finding coaches down there I want. Can't you send a few up here instead of keeping them in Texas?

Melissa and I would get along great since I love to watch storms. Everyone else is running for cover and my DH and I are standing outside watching the clouds swirl. Love It! Crazy I know but love it.

Well, You all have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:16 PM   #1356

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis in TX View Post
Good Morning all!

Coffee Hoovers this morning. Left over from last night!

We're still here. We had a few storms carrying tornadoes pass over us last night. We were up late monitoring the Storm Spotter channel on the 2 meter Ham. Melissa's Hobby, not mine! But I'm the Survivalist, so I have to be ready to BUG OUT! I should get some of her pictures she took of the clouds that passed over and post them up. Most had rotation in them.

After Yesterdays excitement weve decided to buy one of the smaller pre made storm shelters that's made just 5 miles south of our house, and get it in as soon as the ground is dry enough to support the Back Hoe.

Im a wizard with a Back Hoe! Since I spent a lifetime the Constructiuon Bidness I've still got contacts in the rental business that will make me a good deal on a weekend rental.

Later Ya'll
Curtis that will be one memory of our property upstate that i'd like to forget, bought an older International Backhoe Special, usual basket case. Rebuilt the engine, new clutch, and a whole lot of other things, paid 2 different flatbed tow trucks , one to load it in my dry van TT , hauled it up there and had one unload it. drove it up on the property and let it sit there for a few years, went up and some SOB dragged it up on another flatbed and it was gone, $5000 and a zillion hours for nothing, still have all the New manuals and some spares for it! Got to let that memory go too! Bobby
Old 04-27-2015, 09:25 PM   #1357

Winnebago Owners Club
Bobby - sorry man. That really sucks. And they want to do away with the death penalty.
Old 04-28-2015, 01:10 AM   #1358

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	8450257_20150419_171219_orig.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	92794

Click image for larger version

Name:	592289_20150419_171302_orig.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	92795

Here are a couple of pic's from the Grand Canyon Sky Walk! Man, I am having a hard time to get these onto this site! And getting the Pic's off my phone onto the laptop is giving me a hard time too! I guess I am just slow when it comes to this? Oh well, I will keep trying!! Rail!