RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:02 PM   #13595

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is good today!

So glad Tim and Joe made it to Yuma! Now, soak up some of that warm Yuma sunshine, relax, and enjoy!

Wish I was there too, maybe someday! Enjoy everyone!

Everything here is good! Rail!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #13596

Gulf Streamers Club
Glad to hear Tim and Joe made it safely. Still trying to get things ready for my trek to Arizona. Hoping to leave some time after Christmas. Yesterday got front windshield on Monaco re-set into frame. Will see if that works. Then tried to start coach and it will start but dies after releasing key from start to run. Was going to take to shop this morning to get some things looked at before trip. Spoke with a mechanic, telling him about fuel stop solenoid? problem where engine will continue running after turning engine off and then not re-starting for maybe half an hour. And now the current no start. He said maybe fuel shut-off is bad but the no start could be the relay that keeps power going to solenoid to run. He was supposed to be over late today but did not show. Maybe tomorrow. Continuing on other fixes and loading. When I get it running I will still take to shop but it will probably take two weeks and that is cutting it short on available time. It has to wait in line while it is at the shop to get worked on and that makes it pretty hard to work on. Shop is 20 miles from my house. We will see what happens.

ronspradley

Life's too short to drink cheap beer.
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:59 PM   #13597

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Dang, Ron! You need to find a good mobile mech. that can come to you!
When I had my Trucking Operation, I had a guy that would come right out to the farm, and do all the things that I needed done right in the driveway! I also had a tire service guy that would come out too for tire repair, installing new, whatever I needed! Now I have a good friend of my son's that does mobile repair, and he also has a shop too, for the bigger things, like oil changes and lube, replaced my air bag when it started leaking, he takes good care of me and Mona!

It doesn't hurt to ask one of the mech's that you like, at the shop where you take your MH, if he does jobs on the side for cash money! A lot of them will do that, and will save you time and money! If you don't ask, you will never know?

Hope you find one! Rail!
Old 12-06-2018, 05:56 AM   #13598

Gulf Streamers Club
On RVTravel this morning
Worth pondering:

ďLet me recommend the best medicine in the world: a long journey, a mild season, through a pleasant country, in easy stages.Ē ĖJames Madison

ronspradley

Old 12-06-2018, 08:58 AM   #13599

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
As predicted had some rain last night. Started about 1:45 (predicted for 2) and lasted about 1/2 hour or maybe longer because it did not take long to get back to sleep.

Ron - I think you could call the office and ask if you can change from 178 to 176. Larry (friend of Lloyd and Deb) cancelled the spot so you would be right beside them instead of 2 down. Ted had 177 and has cancelled as well.

Tim and Joe arrived right on their predicted time. Did not take long to get them backed into their spot and they are now spending time setting up. Great to see them.

Have a great day.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:54 AM   #13600

Good morning!

Great to see Joe and Tim again. They look pretty much setup. Bet they could use some rest now.

Ron, hope you get a ontime fix. Really looking forward to your arrival.

Did our first Jeep ride of the season yesterday, really nice easy ride. Awesome scenery. Desert is very green, even some blooms driven by the wet cool month.

Picked up a stone chip in the windshield on the way out here. Standing out side last evening and a windshield repair truck went by. Waved them down and they did a great repair job on the chip. Barely visible at this point.

RO system working away, just before bedtime last night the tank got full. Shutdown the system. Can tell the difference, no water spots in the shower, sinks, dishes etc.

As Gordon said, rained here last night. Must have rained harder than I thought at there are big puddles. More rain today thru till tomorrow. Hiigh's upper 50's.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #13601

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Good Morning;

Ron - I think you could call the office and ask if you can change from 178 to 176. Larry (friend of Lloyd and Deb) cancelled the spot so you would be right beside them instead of 2 down. Ted had 177 and has cancelled as well.

Tim and Joe arrived right on their predicted time. Did not take long to get them backed into their spot and they are now spending time setting up. Great to see them.

Have a great day.

Thanks for the heads up on sites 176 maybe being available. I do not have it written down that I can find. So Lloyd and Debbie are in 175? What sites are everyone else in? Thanks

ronspradley
Old 12-06-2018, 02:45 PM   #13602

Winnebago Owners Club
Tim is in 144, Frank is in 146, Janet and I are in 168, Lynne is in 173, Lloyd is in 175.
Old 12-06-2018, 03:09 PM   #13603

Gulf Streamers Club
Thanks. Called and I am moved to #176.

ronspradley
Old 12-06-2018, 08:06 PM   #13604

Winnebago Owners Club
Great news. We'll leave lights on to the south and the west.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:54 PM   #13605

Ron thereís another remedy to the propane quandary. Ron Hall, ole wise one, suggested I get an Extend a Stay kit. Itís a 20 minute max installation and allows one to use the bar b que bottles. Plus it also has an adaptor so you can do away with the miniature green propane bottles when using a bar b que grill outside.

My coach propane got down to 1/4 tank and I installed the extend a stay using a 100 lb tank. Iíve refilled it once since itís gotten colder. The issue with the 100 lb tank is it weighs 170 lbs full, bit much for a man of my age and disposition most days to load up on the truck and off again at home. The 20 pounders will work, just have to change them often is using the furnace.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:55 PM   #13606

Uh, Rivers Edgers, it didnít happen without photos.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:46 PM   #13607

Carolina Campers
Goooodmorning!!!

Hi all.

My second cycle of Chemotherapy starts Tuesday (weather permitting, expecting 8 to 12 inches of snow on Sunday). Cycle 1 was not too terrible. Had some bad days, but some good ones as well. Iíll let you know how things go next week.

Glad everyone made it safe and sound to Yuma. Enjoy the weather and friends.

Ted & Kathleen
tedgard01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:14 PM   #13608

It was a good day until....

Looked out my front window and thought I had a spider web. Then I saw the window was smashed and the big rock was in the window sill. Had to have the police come over and make a report. Called the crime board. We are covered because we are elderly. 62 and 73. The cop asked me if I had a disagreement with any one,NO. Thinks it is just a random act. I have stickers on my door saying we have a security system,but we don't. I think the person was testing to see if we have a security system. I think we should get the ring security system. DH doesn't agree with me. Years ago someone told DH to put storm windows in front of the Anderson window. The storm window should cost about $20.00 to get fixed. This is about the fourth window that has been broken in 36 years of living at this address. Opinions welcome. We have exterior lights on all sides of our home. I didn't let this spoil my day.

sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote