Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2018, 05:47 AM   #13623

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Good travels to Salt Lake City. Roads bare, dry and fairly smooth.

Heading down for breakfast now and then heading north!

Have a wonderful day.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2018, 07:05 AM   #13624

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Safe travels Gordon and Janet
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:39 AM   #13625

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Safe trip home Janet and Gordon!
Old 12-10-2018, 07:41 AM   #13626

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Safe travels home, Janet & Gordon!
Old 12-10-2018, 08:38 AM   #13627

Good morning all!

Janet and Gordon, continue the good progress! Safe travels! One eye is on your place here.

57* at 8am, overcast but predicted to be 70*.Lynne, Debbie and I are planning a bicycle ride, exploring the Yuma bike paths. We have a map, however it appears to be not very well put together,,,,,,,, in a number of places the paths go off the maps, with no mention of where it goes or how far it goes. Hope we don't end up proving the earth is flat!!!! Just in case we do, we loved all you Guys and Gals!!!!

Ron, how is the coach coming? Did they get you fixed up and running again?

So when I emptied Ms Prissy, I missed a little box in the audio/video cabinet that was on the topshelf out of site that is needed to make our Directv SWiM dish work. (SWiM adpater) Took a while and some help from a knowledgeble neighbor to figure out the problem, but no SWiM adapter no satelite TV. Ordered one from Amazon, due here tomorrow. Dish is aimed, wired and ready, just need the adapter. FYI, we bring our Directv DVR from home, no new fees etc,,,, just remotes the service we are already paying for.

A side note,,,,,, things take longer to get here. Although the Winterhaven post office is 3 miles from the Yuma post office,,,,,,,, I guess because Winterhaven has a California zip, the mail comes from El Centro Ca. 50 miles away. I noticed so far the 3-4 things I ordered, when I change the ship address to Winterhaven a day is added to the shipping.

Have a great day all!

L.
Lloyd in S.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 09:34 AM   #13628

Good morning all!

Nice bike ride with Lynne yesterday. Stopped for a very nice lunch in ole town Yuma. Rode nearly 22 miles. Lots of beutiful fields of huge brocoli, acres and acres. Saw a few other riders, same with people walking it was a nice day for it.

Deb got a text from Janet yesterday afternoon, they were going to try and make it home, crossed the border at about 4pm, 350 miles to go.

Beutiful sunny day here today, headed to 70 plus.

Have a great day all!

L.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:06 AM   #13629

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Made it home just after midnight. Snow in the yard! Tractor work!!!

Good trip home. Good highways most of the way. Last 20 miles had a light dusting of the white stuff.

Crossing the border was easy. The Canadian progress on the fence is hardly evident. Few questions and that was it. Anticipate the return crossing will be equally as easy as the US fence appears to be in the same stage as the Canadian side. As a note we were asked if we had any marijuana products with us. Must be they are thinking there may be alternatives to come up with the supply shortfalls being experienced!!! LOL What an interesting world!

Have a great day.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:29 AM   #13630

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good to hear you and Janet are safe and sound at home, enjoy the holidays!
Old 12-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #13631

Evening all!

Janet and Gordon, glad you are home safe and sound,,,,,,,,,,, not really wish you were here.

Did a bunch of chores around the site today, visited Hilco RV supply, and the RV Super Store. Got my needed/missing keys to the water supply door at the second stop. They had a bag of them!!!

My SWiM adapter came via the mail today, hooked it up and our satelite TV is working. Good stuff!

Beutiful day today, partly cloudy, warm enough for no jackets, riding in the Jeep with windows open. Sun felt good.

Tomorrow is a Jeep trail ride day. Should be fun.

Have a great night and a good day tomorrow.

L.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:18 PM   #13632

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone! Coffee is very good today!

Glad you made it home safely, Janet and Gordon! Have fun on the tractor, Gordon!

Tim and Joe, Ok, you guys have been there long enough to catch up on your sleep! We have been waiting for some word about your trip out there this year, and did you find out what the oil leak was? You all settled in to your site? We want Pic's! And, how you two are feeling, healing up?

Lloyd, enjoy the trail, there is so many places to go around Yuma, you will never run out of places to see and trails to drive on!

Frank, how's your trailer coming along? Pic's too please!

I took these pic's off our bedroom porch/patio of the tree we planted less than a year ago, that was about 2' tall when we planted it! It is now up to the second floor of our house and blooming it's butt off!
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail Yellow flower tree! #2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	228765

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail Yellow flower tree!.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	228766

You guy's on facebook have already seen these pic's, but I wanted to show them here too! Rail!
Old 12-12-2018, 03:13 PM   #13633

Gulf Streamers Club
Lloyd and Debbie, how was jeepn today? And Lloyd, Debbie, and Lynne, on your bike trip were you able to ride from camp into Yuma and back?

ronspradley
ronspradley is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #13634

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rail,
I have the wall cabinet hung, but don't have the tool box bolted down yet , when I get things a little more organized, the pics will follow.
Frank
PS, the blooms are beautiful.
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 09:49 PM   #13635

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Evening,

Ron, yes, we rode the bikes from the CG into Yuma out almost to the foot hills and then almost to Mexico. There are a lot of paths we will redo when you get here because they were nice to ride and we think you will enjoy the view.

We got a call today from Jerry's sister stating that her SonIL called to say they were coming in earlier than expected so we won't be going to San Carlos at Christmas. We are pretty disappointed but they had already bought their airline tickets so we get to cancel our plans. But, the good thing is we have good friends here to have Christmas with so it is all good.

The bike ride the other day was great! 21.7 miles. The fields around here are an amazing agricultural accomplishment. 20,000 Mexicans are bused in daily because no one here is willing to do the jobs. These people are happy to go home at night. They stop at the stores here to shop before going home. It works well. Fields are beautiful!

Supposed to get colder the next few nights. Not looking forward to it but hopefully it will get warmer during the day and make it not so bad.

Night all, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:41 PM   #13636

Today was a good day

Every three months I have to get my bladder scoped. Been doing this all of 2018. Fun wow!! Every time no problems are found. Tomorrow on my Birthday I have my yearly breast check up. Then we are going to use my 25$ gift certificate for some fine dinning. The weather has been mild and I am glad to not have to cancel any MD apts. Dh has been busy changing all the electrical outlets at the parsonage(from 1956). We refinished the bathroom vanity in the Pastor's home. This was the first time I used Varathane water based 3x thicker polyurethane. 1 coat equals three coats(self leveling). I would use this product again. The pastors have been sanding out kitchen cupboard doors. I may go in their garage and get after some doors with my belt sander Electric heater). Pastor found out that her BMW is totaled. She now has a rental car. Her son works at car dealership so I am sure he will get her a good deal on another car.We have a friend that is a paraplegic(after back surgery). He wants DH to come and fix some things in his house. After christmas as he wants to make some pizelle cookies. Take care Ann
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote