Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-28-2015, 05:29 AM   #1359

Guardrail, man those are some beautiful pics! Very much looking forward to taking my own similar type pics in the near future. Gordon, yes it did! I think back now though and realize that I like Curtis , could have rented a machine and done what I needed to do for a fraction of the cost and been done with it, my days of needing to hang on to everything are over! Lynne, I hope that we all can get together one day and sit around and talk, these last months on the forums have opened my eyes to the time I have wasted trying to possess the world instead of enjoying what it has to offer, Thanks everyone. Bobby

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2015, 07:19 AM   #1360
bap

rail,,those are awsome pix,,,you got some purty legs i might add,,,lol--so glad you had such a great trip..

the DW and i are not rich and we only have what we need to survive,,,the dw lives by the rule--if we havent used it in a year sell or donate it to someone who needs it..
we lived in a fleetwood mh for a year and found we could live in one the rest of our lives or in a micro house,,,i love those little houses ALOT..
,,,anyway,,,,i pray this day brings happiness to all of you and may your angles stay close..

Old 04-28-2015, 07:57 AM   #1361

Retired Fire Service RVer's
Rail,
Beautiful pictures, and I agree with bap, purty legs.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 11:35 AM   #1362

Winnebago Owners Club
Legs - what legs? I did notice a couple attractive young ladies! And a tall (older) gentleman accompanying them. LOL - had to add that!!!

The pictures were pretty awesome. We are planning to be in the Grand Canyon area this summer but are planning on the north rim.

Bobby - I think you and I could be a lot alike in some respects. I will look at something and rather than rent pay a few more dollars to own it. I like to work at my own pace without being rushed so having it in my garage rather than renting is my preference. I then have it to help neighbors, etc until I decide I no longer have a need for it. If I have it I will find stuff to do with it. Renting I always worry about getting it back, an extra days rent for 10 minutes work, breaking it, etc so am not comfortable. I am just pissed that others think they can take it whenever they want.

Janet looked at renting some aids to daily living she needed for her hip. We bought. If we would have rented we would have had to get them three times because of the postponements. Renting once is about 3/4 of the purchase cost so we would have been in the hole. And the second hip is on the radar for a few years in the future.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:03 PM   #1363

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Nice pics Rail! I love the Grand Canyon but I really like the North Rim. It is quieter and less busy and more natural or older like. Takes a few hours more to get there but worth the trip.

Bobby,

I think you two have some great times coming. I am so ready to be done with working and trying to figure out how to do it in two years instead of 31 months. It's not that much difference and I am going to w--k really hard to make it happen.

Ya All have a great night, see you in the morning. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:22 AM   #1364

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning Gang,

As I sit drinking my cup of coffee, I am listening to the birds singing outside. It is a beautiful sound. They may not have IRV2 to communicate with but they sing a pretty conversation.

Looking out the back window at the bunny rabbits below the bird feeders finding tidbits to enjoy. Then my eye caught a movement in the back field and I saw a deer and her fawn beside her.

I love mornings like this. It's still quiet outside, not much traffic on the road and nature showing me her beauty. I hope you enjoy your morning as much as I am enjoying mine.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 07:55 AM   #1365

well good morning everyone!

But I believe if I had put that much work in a backhoe and somebody stole it I'd be looking to kill somebody. But that's just the Texan in me. One thing I really hate is a thief.

I love to go play around the Grand Canyon the North Rim has some great four wheeling spots in it that will take you all the way down to the river. A couple of guys on my off road forum live up there and know all the good places to go get in trouble at. Let's just say 8th where people go to break expensive parts on their rigs....

I'm one of those guys that can hang out of a helicopter at 5000 feet and think nothing of it, but I have yet to be on the sky bridge. I think Melissa would freak out just looking at it. Heights have never bothered me. In fact I get a kick out of being on the edge.

Today his grandson day! Planning on taking him to my barber to get his hair cut. He loves my barber because he still goes and gum. then I'll take him shopping. car shopping you know like hardware stores home improvement stores tool stores places like that where Manly Men go. JK

Funny thing though, Harbor Freight is one of Melissa's favorite places to go and buy stuff. She has her own toolbox. We are preparing to take in the carport next to the garage and make it into a woodworking shop for her so she can build birdhouses and such.

Almost ready to fire up my 4x4. Weather has turned off nice but the area lakes are still 12 feet down. Gonna be rough on some people who have to have green grass. I'm more concerned about having enough water to drink.

Gotta run I'm burning daylight.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:36 AM   #1366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Legs - what legs? I did notice a couple attractive young ladies! And a tall (older) gentleman accompanying them. LOL - had to add that!!!

The pictures were pretty awesome. We are planning to be in the Grand Canyon area this summer but are planning on the north rim.

Bobby - I think you and I could be a lot alike in some respects. I will look at something and rather than rent pay a few more dollars to own it. I like to work at my own pace without being rushed so having it in my garage rather than renting is my preference. I then have it to help neighbors, etc until I decide I no longer have a need for it. If I have it I will find stuff to do with it. Renting I always worry about getting it back, an extra days rent for 10 minutes work, breaking it, etc so am not comfortable. I am just pissed that others think they can take it whenever they want.

Janet looked at renting some aids to daily living she needed for her hip. We bought. If we would have rented we would have had to get them three times because of the postponements. Renting once is about 3/4 of the purchase cost so we would have been in the hole. And the second hip is on the radar for a few years in the future.
I agree with you for the most part if I had the 5 acres and the 40x60 shop I dream of and draw up plans for all the time, but it becomes a problem with having a 1 1/2 car garage on a 60x100 property in NY! After Hurricaine Sandy, the government here in Long Island , ny decided to hire like 200 more "Code Enforcement" officers. Sally inherited a house from her ex that got 2 1/2' of water in it that I am working on. The house was built in 1920 is listed on the county tax roles as a 2-family, taxes over $9000 for a 20x50 house on 30x60 property! The Code Enforcement jerks walk in and tell us they don't care what the county says, they say it is not a 2 family and make us rip the kitchen out. Demand we get a plumbing permit to install 2 pipe plugs on the stove and dryer gas lines, after the gas shut off cocks! We didn't and 6 months after the town court thru the case out in court, this "Super Duper" agent calls Sally and breaks her chops about the permit! She told him it was thrown out in court and started harrassing her, She told him she was calling her lawyer and if he contacted her again she would sue. They haven't bothered her in a year. I legally can't have any cars without plates in my back yard , even if out of street site! And the newest thing is they take aerial photos every few years and match them to see if anyone did any work on their own property , the photos are so good I could see my lawnmower in it and tell what brand it is! But they never asked about the 12x20 above ground pool, LOL! I took it down to get my grass back!I understand safety and all , but doesn't the way things are going reek of a Police State, when you can't work on your own property? You can literally buy any material to build an entire home at any Lowes or Home Depot , but it is technically illegal for a homeowner to do it without a permit, yet they will not allow you to install any plumbing or electric and will not allow a homeowner to even appy for the permit here. Why not issue the permits to the homeowner and charge for the inspection and if it doesn't pass, explain what is wrong , let them redo it and pay for reinspection! Not make people pay sales tax on material for their own homes and not allow them to use said materials! That to me is "Taxation, Without Representation" ! I just paid a electrician several thousand dollars, to get my 100 amp service I put in the garage legalized, I did all the work , dug trench ran pvc installed the panel and a lot more, we argued on so many points I made him call the inspector and I was right on all points, I knew more of the NEC then he did, and he wanted to just run lines all over the place all sloppy, I almost thru him out of there and ran my lines where I wanted them and placed the boxes. It would have looked like crap if I let him do what he wanted. And I paid for 90% of the material just to have the inspector walk in ask how the electrictian was and walk out, didn't look at anything but said since when does the electrician do this neat a job on a garage? I was floored, but 2 weeks later got the damn certificate! They just indicted several plumbing inspectors here after being sued by a homeowner after passing the inspection of a house near me that had raw sewage leaking all thru the house, " one of their fellow inspectors plumber buddies did the job! We aree doomed, have to get out of NY, LOL! Bobby
Old 04-29-2015, 10:13 AM   #1367

Winnebago Owners Club
Morning everyone;
Lovely day yesterday. Temps up to about 75.

Today not quite so good. Going to be about 55 -60. But it might rain!! Hope it does. We need the moisture. Checked at the garden store yesterday. They are starting to put stuff out but nothing outside yet. Perhaps I am pushing the envelope.

One of our crab apple trees is leafing out. Can just see the buds breaking open.

Have a great day.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #1368
bap

goodmorning everyone,,,sunny and 70 today,,,getting ready to take debbie for her pulmanary theropy and then to her dr., then the grandson has a ballgame at 6,,dont think i will have time to work on the winnebago today but i have her almost stripped all the way out,,,then the fun will begine....
.............have an awsome day everyone,,,catch ya latter..
Old 04-29-2015, 07:37 PM   #1369

Good Evening Gang,
Finished washing and waxing the 5er today, then removed the decals on the nose that were in bad shape. Rita washed the outdoor carpet and we put it on a pair of picnic tables to dry. Only a few more minor things to do tomorrow to finish up. On the road again, Friday morning.
Frank
Old 04-29-2015, 11:22 PM   #1370

Well folks the good news is that it wasn't my shop, a good friend of mine for 20 some years texted me today and told me the shop burned to the ground! I was busy so I didn't answer it right away, called him about 2 hours later and yes , his shop did indeed burn to the ground! He built that place about 28 years ago all block except the roof and taking a gas tank out of a customers 68 Camaro by himself not realizing how full it was, it got away from him. Gas spilled onto the droplight 5 feet away quick freezing the bulb breaking it and went on fire! It consumed his shop the Camaro and his prized Hillman hot rod in about the time it took for the fire dept to come and soak the steel beams that were by that time glowing hot with cold water. They had expanded from the heat and the cold water made them contract so much that the walls cracked , building dept ordered it demolished immediately! He just left my house with the bandages and ointment we had here after Sally cooked him a meal , he is joking about it being the best thing that happened but I think he is in shock, and when the adrenaline wears off, he will be crying in his pillows. That shop was his life and he built some amazing vehicles there! Some people there said that the county will add the $5-7000 cost to demolish it to his taxes, which were already like $15000 a year on his building, I think they are delusional as I work heavy construction here and my old boss wouldn't even load the 235 Cat Excavator on the lowboy for less then $10000 never mind a few cleanup trucks and laborers. This is NY , when I was in the union, it cost my boss $65 an hour for me to drive the lowboy, $125 an hour for a Operating Engineer to run the excavator, $50 an hour for a oiler for the machine and whatever the laborers cost , and considering they finneshed about 7:30 pm it will be time and a half at least! So very possibly considering he no longer has a place of business to work out of and no equipment , I'd say he is screwed as he didn't believe in insurance when his house burned down and didn't get what he thought he should have, so he never bought any for the shop! He will also never be able to replace that building with the codes they are enforcing today as people here are spending hundreds of thousands on lawyers,architects , engineers and such to build anything anymore! On the brighter side, he only has 1st and 2nd degree burns on his hands and a slight burn on his face and nose that looks like a peeved lover slapped him hard! He will survive, but I do feel a little sorry for him! Bobby
Old 04-30-2015, 12:47 AM   #1371

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
The coffee is tasting very good today!
With that said, " Purty Legs!" Hahahahaha!!! Thanks, I Guess?? Hahahahaha!! My MIL is 77 years young, and I hope I can get around as good as she does when I am that age!!
Bobby, I think it will be a good day when you can say goodby to NY, and put it in your rearview mirror! I know that it will be hard to do, but once you see the wonders this country has to offer, you will be glad you did! Sorry for your buddy's loss! I also had a friend who had a shop burn, and I know first hand, how much pain is involved! He lost 4 or 5 cars, and all the contents, and had ins., but they screwed him, like they always do everyone!
Well, we would have went to the North Rim, but the road in was still closed for the season! Had a trucking buddy just came by there, and told me so! I had the time to do so too, so I was disappointed, but, did not let it show! Just went to the Sky Walk instead! It was pretty cool, but very expencive!
It was the same at Mt. Rushmore and Custer S.P. Almost everything was still closed for the season! Only one campground was open in Custer S.P., and not many people were there, about 6 or 7 sites were taken! Woke the next morning, and had 4 or 5 unexpected visitor's! Pretty cool, as it was one of the things on the MIL's bucket list to see! Here are a couple more pic's!
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150416093205.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	92952

Name:	20150416110829.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	92953

Name:	20150415194911.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	564.7 KB
ID:	92954

Name:	1429157589448.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	92955
Old 04-30-2015, 06:37 AM   #1372

Nice pics Rail. Hey, not trying to pry, but if the HR is in good shape, and you are planning on coming back next year, wouldn't it be better to keep her and just store it for a year? Just thinking out loud.
Frank

« Life with Jane | - »