Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-31-2018, 06:06 AM   #13861

The traffic should be less than normal and normal traffic isn’t traffic as you know it.

Blue is a 2000 Tracker and I love her. I’ve been using her to drag around the welder on a trailer. Our sandy loam has enough clay to be like grease when wet. She was about a hundred feet of mud away from where I wanted her to be. Locked the hubs and drove out without spinning a tire. I’ve ran the loose rock fire roads on the Rim in northern AZ without locking the hubs. They’re not rock 4 X 4’s like Ruby but they can get you into trouble if you look for it.

Today will be in the fifties after an inch or so of rain last night. Tomorrow the feel likes will be in the twenties all day long with chance of wintry mix on Thursday, YUMA!!!!!!!!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-31-2018, 06:10 AM   #13862

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
It is 29 here in Bowie AZ. 44 at my house. and 42 in Yuma. According to Weather.com. Well, I guess that means I did not come to Arizona for the winter for the warm weather.
ronspradley

Let me be the first, “DRY HEAT!” Huge difference
Old 12-31-2018, 06:13 AM   #13863

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wroughtnharv View Post
Let me be the first, “DRY HEAT!” Huge difference

Is that also DRY COLD?

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 06:45 AM   #13864

Quote:
Is that also DRY COLD?

ronspradley
I can remember living in Riverside where it would be in the forties, dry cold, and going to the beach where it would be in the fifties and freezing, not dry cold. Samuel Clements described it best talking about San Francisco, “coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco.”

Good luck on your drive today. And it would be perfectly okay to stop in Dateland and grab a date shake, they’re very very good.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:36 AM   #13865

Gulf Streamers Club
Probably not today. Started coach OK this morning, ran for a few minutes, slowed down and died. Will not re-start. Does this sound familiar. Will be finding another mobile diesel mechanic and we will see what we will see. Beautiful sunrise, clear blue.

Does this trip remind anyone of Tim and Joe's trip to Yuma winter before last?

ronspradley

Old 12-31-2018, 07:56 AM   #13866

Quote:
Probably not today. Started coach OK this morning, ran for a few minutes, slowed down and died. Will not re-start. Does this sound familiar. Will be finding another mobile diesel mechanic and we will see what we will see. Beautiful sunrise, clear blue.

Does this trip remind anyone of Tim and Joe's trip to Yuma winter before last?

ronspradley

Hmmmmm, that sounds like a loss of prime to me. I would be wanting the mechanic to look at the fuel line for a leak that seals itself up during warm up.

The good thing is at our age it’s not catastrophic, just a chance to chill.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:08 AM   #13867

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ron, I had that problem when we were going to South Dakota last year, it ended up being a new fuel filter that I put on, me and Rail went to napa and got a new one, no more problem
Old 12-31-2018, 08:12 AM   #13868

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Ron, did you put any anti-gel fuel treatment in your tank since your no start the other day? What is the temp this morning there? Did you find out if your block heater is indeed working? Hope the Mobile Mechanic finds out what is going on and fixes it! Hard for us to armchair diagnose with out all the facts, but it dose sound like a lack of fuel issue, for sure! Rail!
Old 12-31-2018, 08:45 AM   #13869

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning;
Ron if you fill at Flying J use the RV line which is closest to the building. I was told the OTR lines beside it charge more for the fuel as there is road tax included on those pumps.

Cold here this morning. Near 0F. Warming in the next few days and will be close to 40F by Wednesday.

Celebrated our oldest grand daughters birthday last night. She was born on Christmas day so we have always tried to separate Christmas and her birthday. She wanted fondue. Too much to eat - Again!

Ron - sorry to hear you are having the issue again. Hope the mechanic figures out the issue quickly. If you can get to Yuma there are supposed to be some good diesel mechanics. I am sure we could ask Fernando to see if he has any recommendations.

2 more sleeps until we leave.

Best wishes to everyone for a great 2019. Health issues will be cured, mechanical issues as well. May the coming year be HEALTHY, Happy and Prosperous for You, Your Family and Friends.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 12-31-2018, 08:46 AM   #13870

Gulf Streamers Club
I opened up drain on bottom of fuel/water separator filter this morning and heard like a sucking sound, no fuel came out. Did not hook up engine heater last night with new extension cord. Put in 65 gallons of fuel in El Paso yesterday. So should have almost all winterized fuel blend. Terry, which fuel filter did you change in Custer. Regular

fuel filter or water filter? And can I put in ATF in new filter instead of diesel. I do not carry any diesel.

ronspradley

Old 12-31-2018, 08:46 AM   #13871

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Pictures of Mexico

Good Morning,

Coffee is good this morning and being back in our own home is great too. Had a great visit with Jerry's sister and BIL but there is nothing like the good old USA.

Here are some pictures we took while down there. My Sea Bass I had for dinner one night. Wasn't sure until I took the first bite and boy was it good. Lovely coleslaw too.

Dave took us to look at a cactus field out in the desert. You drive through a very small village of poverty stricken houses. Amazing how these people live. Get into the desert on what appear to be trails and come upon these huge Organ Pipe Cactus's. They are HUGE! Supposedly the largest in the world and around 400 yrs old. Could not find anything about them on the internet. Figured out why they don't advertise them when we went to drive out.

People in Mexico don't have garbage service so just dump their garbage out in the desert. Such a shame as it is hauntingly beautiful where they don't do that.
Click image for larger version

Name:	MX Sea Bass.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	230575

Name:	MX Organ Pipe Cactus.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	230576

Name:	Organ Pipe Cactus J&A.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	230577
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:49 AM   #13872

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Last picture of Mexico

Here it is
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MX garbage.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	208.1 KB
ID:	230578  
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 09:17 AM   #13873

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Ron, the water separator filter was the one that caused the problem, I did change tje other one but only because Rail found it. If you have a small hose you should be able to suck out some fuel from yoir tank,
Old 12-31-2018, 09:25 AM   #13874

Does Ron's coach have a primer bulb?

Ron, nothing came out of the separator but air going in?

Guys my weather app says it was about 30* where Ron is when he tried to start.

L.

« Motor home rpm | - »