Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2015, 08:29 AM   #379
bap

dldnt get a chance to go check out the tt,had to show some proprty that were selling and while doin g that i rolled my atv,,,,darn i am sore this morning lifting a 660 off isnt easy....lol

sorry lynnne you doidnt find the rite one yet....you will though,,,,just gotta keep looking
bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2015, 09:52 AM   #380

Fleetwood Owners Club
bap you need to try a Full Size Polaris Ranger. They come with a couple motor sizes but are wide, will seat 3 adults across and stable on hillsides. I've been amazed at the hills I've ran across sideways, I'm sure there is a limit, but I'm not ever even gotten close. I'm not a
Polaris salesperson!
Old 01-22-2015, 11:44 AM   #381

Winnebago Owners Club
Sorry you were not able to find your MH Lynne. As the others said it will happen.

Not much to post. Warm everyday. Today I am slow grilling a pork shoulder for pulled pork. First one so it is an experiment but I used the recipe for a vinegar sauce and it is really tasty. Who cares about the pork, drink the sauce.
Old 01-22-2015, 01:06 PM   #382

Winnebago Owners Club
Work in progress. After about 3 hours of smoking.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinner.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	291.6 KB
ID:	83958
Old 01-22-2015, 01:38 PM   #383

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Work in progress. After about 3 hours of smoking.
Attachment 83958
What time do we need to show up?
Old 01-22-2015, 03:48 PM   #384

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Looks good, and I love pork!

I'm not to worried about not finding the MH because every time I look at them I learn something more. I know I will find it and right now I am looking at one in Texas (on line only) that really interests me. Trying to find someone down by San Antonio to go look at it and see if it is worth me buying a ticket to go look.

Talked with the guy at dealership and he said I could store it down there until May when I have a week off and could go get it. SO, will see, it is a Newmar.

Have a great evening all, Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:11 PM   #385

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Bap, that ATV is to big to be rolling on top of you! Glad you jumped clear!
Dang, Gordon, looks good!!
It is slowly warming up here, and the coffee is good today! Everyone tace care, stay warm! Rail!
Old 01-23-2015, 04:05 AM   #386

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Good Morning Everyone, 9* this morning but they say it'll be sunny, so that'll be nice. Hunt, 40* and rain is cold and nasty. Bap, you gotta be careful there, I agree those UTV's are much safer and can be fun too. Gordon, thats like torture to just see it, I could just imagine the smell, Yum. Have a Great Day
Old 01-23-2015, 06:21 AM   #387

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning y'all,
Going to be in the 40dies today, Sunscreen anyone...
Beamisl, Did you get a chance to see that 89 Beaver on the other forum Boy what a beaut. She already sold though. Bummer it was a nice one. It was in Oregon and I'm in MN I had no chance... Dang. (it's on this Forum just under this Post.)
You'll find one and I think half the fun is the searching.
Coffee is weak this morning.
Have a great Friday and weekend.
Tim

Gordon Can you post the recipe for the sauce? I tried it once and it was soooo good but I can't find it anymore. Thanks
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 06:50 AM   #388
bap

goooodmorning everyone,,,,man that made me hungry even before i got my first cup down..lol....i love smked pork and then pulled in a good sauce....ummmm,uummm..

lynne, i hope you can find someone around there to go check it out,,have you tried any other places on the forums or just this vintage site,,,,,theres got to be somone close by there......
Old 01-23-2015, 07:27 AM   #389

Fleetwood Owners Club
Good morning group, coffee just right, snow that was suppose to come, didn't, skies looking to clear off later!
Old 01-23-2015, 08:56 AM   #390
bap

we havent seen much sun this winter,,,we have had it pretty nice waaay warmer than last winter it hardly ever got above freezing and stayed below zero for weeks,thats not normal for us...but the long term forcast shows the western jet stream being warmer than normal this spring,,,and for us in the east colder than normal april thru may...dang that can put a damper on my turkey hunting...lol....they just dont gobble as much...but we will see

and as far as the sidexsides, they just wont do what i need them to do like moving my tt,s around in the shed...and to be honest...i just love 4/wheelers

i have only been in 1 side x side..and it sure suprised me, but before i shuck out 15 grand on something i want to be legal to drive it on the road...lol
Old 01-23-2015, 02:24 PM   #391

Winnebago Owners Club
I used:
1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup hot water
4 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper

I like the sauce a bit on the sweeter side so there are two extra tblspoons of brown sugar. Next time I will add an extra two.

I rubbed the roast with yellow mustard and coated it with my version of Memphis rub.

Threw it on a hot grill to sear.

Slow grilled it for 4 hours with apple wood chip smoke, brushing about every half hour with the sauce. Then into a pan with what was left of the sauce. Covered tightly with foil for another 4 hours on the grill. Tried to keep the temp between 225 and 250.

Pulled the pork in the pan with the sauce that was left.

Served the pork with two sauces. One was a sweeter sauce based on BBQ sauce, the other was a spicy mango chutney.

If we can get together some time in the future and I have the grill along I would be pleased to try repeating this.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:48 PM   #392
bap

im in. shoot if i could i would be there knocken at yer door with a fork in my hand and a bib on to catch the lest overs that missed my goat...lol....i love mine sweet an spicy....i have always favored mango habanaro,,,and heck its just fun to say...lol....and i always make way more sauce to have fer dippen.. yup im a dipper...

thanks GORDO for taken the time to starve us to death and the time to share your recipe,,,,