Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-14-2016, 06:06 AM   #4971

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Coffee is good this morning, weather is HOT and Humid, Grass cutting continues. We are not behind but just barely even. Rita is working in the office today, so it is just me today. Not complaining, just saying. Had a wonderful afternoon yesterday at the pool with another couple, a little dip in the pool, then cheese and crackers and a good bottle of wine under the canopy.
Jay,
Good luck on your quest for a MH, I am sure that you will find "THE ONE". Just don't give up, looking at ones for Rail gave me a good perspective. Pics do not show you condition, and when the right one pops up, you know it when you first get there, that little voice in your gut says " this is the one".
Steve,
What a view to wake up to. Very happy for you, that you are having a wonderful trip.
Rail,
Glad that everything is going well.
Gordon,
I don't know about parking next to you, it might be too hard for us to stay out of trouble, lol.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-14-2016, 06:26 AM   #4972

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Morning,
currently 63, coffee is nice and hot. yum
I can't see past the point on the lake there is such a heavy fog this morning, sure have had weird weather this spring.
I got 1/2 of the front end on the MH de-oxidized yesterday afternoon, wish I wouldn't have forgot my buffer.
The Back to the fifties car show is this weekend, I haven't even waxed the 64 yet. We covered the 64 last night after we heard we were going to have heavy rains over night but didn't get a drop.
We are not sure if we are going to stay here @ the farm or go home and go too the show from there.
If we stay here my brother will/can let the girls out, if we go home one of us will have to leave the show to go home and let them out. The show is Friday, Sat, Sunday, My vote is to stay here. . Last year there were over 12,000 cars and well over 100,000 spectators. What a show that was.

We need propane so we will need to tear down and go get some. $1.79 a gal, got to love that.
The 64 needs gas also. The next town over has a station that has 104 0ctang, but @ $5 something a gal I think I will use a Octane booster, I have been using Lucas the last few tanks, and she seems to like that. They also have non-oxygenated gas there too but its only 91 octane, that 429 loves a higher octane.
Prayers going out to those in Orlando, what a tragedy, Hate is so wrong, if you don't like it LEAVE. JMO,
Those on the road be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 06:38 AM   #4973
bap

top of the mornin,,to ya,alls

been busy with the 57 metzendorf,werkin ta git that blasted tar off,,,switched over to gasoline yesterday evening ..it seems to work just as good as the minerial spirits,,lets see 2.49 gallon of gas,,9.00 gallon of spirits...hmmmm no brainer fer me....lol
gonna get in the 90s today a--hot and humid,,,gotta love it,,,but i keep a fan blowing on me out in the driveway feels better than no fan...lol,,and plenty of h20 to keep me hydrated-

everyone have a great day,,,--stay safe !!

jeff
Old 06-14-2016, 07:51 AM   #4974

Winnebago Owners Club
Have you tried kerosene?
Old 06-14-2016, 07:58 AM   #4975

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
I can be good if I have to. (I guess!) Just ask Tim and Joe. Not one bit of trouble the entire time they were there.

Now Frank, Popeye and myself together. Well all bets are off. I would feel like a minnow thrown into a shark tank!! LOL

BAP - hope the roof goes quickly. Be careful with the gas. I know you know that but just a tap on the shoulder. Lots of water and rest breaks in the heat.

Have a great day.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:27 AM   #4976

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Good Morning Gang.

Coffee is good but had to wait 3 hrs to have any. Had to do fasting labs this morning. And I forgot to warn me that they needed urine sample so now I'm enjoying the coffee I brought before I left the house and waiting for that time to come. I know too much information.

Well turns out that the Magna was a bust. The person no showed on me at the location chosen. When you're showing up with that kind of cash in hand you want to meet in public. Not at somebody's house or a remote area. Even though take full advantage of my carry permit you still need to be careful these days.

Bap you are right about the Bounder although this one had a Cummins believe it or not. Maybe somebody changed it out I haven't studied that line because I wasn't really interested in something of that caliber as my home on wheels. But it would be good enough to drag a load of stuff to Oklahoma and use later for veteran housing. But I decided to pass for now maybe I'll get it later. I also agree about caterpillar. There is a reason those parts come in a gold box.

Found a couple of more down in Portland trying to arrange a meet for those today.

I'm very particular and have learned a lot about what to look for and I'm just not going to buy something that isn't up to par. I understand when you're buying a used coach there's going to be some issues. Cosmetic stuff I don't really care about so much things to wear out and things to get scratched. But how well the Cosmetic is maintained as an indicator of how well the Mechanicals have been cared for and that's the big thing about buying one of these kind of rigs. A poorly maintained chassis will get expensive real fast.

So the hunt goes on. Something will be found. The fact that Patty made me buy a house near the grandchildren but she will only be in about 3 or 4 months a year put a serious dent in my budget for a coach. About 1/2 the budget I started with and it has made it very much harder to find something worthy of my money. And as mentioned before the fact that people don't answer their damn ads is a problem too.

But I'm not going to let any of this make me bitter or Rain on My Parade. I no longer have a mortgage and am 100% debt free with money in the bank. Something that has not been the case in a long time due to 4 kids and college. Lol. Gonna stay that way too. Might have to call Dave Ramsey and do the debt free scream. LOL.

Lynne on the mark about the peeps here and the pen pal analogy. I miss you guys a lot and when I was away. I just was so doggone busy I didn't have time to catch up.

By the way does anybody know what happened to Curtis is he still around is he okay?

Well I guess I should do a little more Couchsurfing so I wish you all a blessed day I'll keep you up-to-date
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:47 AM   #4977

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

I awoke to a rainy morning. However, because it was so cloudy I slept until 6am, 9 hours! I must’ve needed the sleep. After a Caravan breakfast of instant oatmeal and hot instant coffee I took a 2 Km wake-up hike through the rain along the Bow River’s Fenland Trail. I’m currently settled down in the Banff visitor’s center enjoying the warmth and free wi-fi. After all those days of traveling I’ve been doing a lot of hiking around Banff and just enjoying the serenity this area provides. I’d add some photos but I left my camera in the car and I’m just too lazy to get it right now.

Overall I’ve had an excellent problem free trip so far (knock on wood!) and I’ve done it on nothing more than my social security income. I’ve slept well enough in my Caravan that I’ve decided to change out my RV’s comfortable but back-ache inducing spring mattress for a 4” thick foam rubber mattress on a plywood platform. With my current sleeping arrangement I’ve been sleeping very well with absolutely no morning back-aches!

I’m glad to hear that all y’all are continuing to do well maybe later I’ll post some more photos.

Steve

PS Jeff, many many years ago I got huge rooster tails of road tar off the sides of a white car (1967 Mustang) by first rubbing it down and dissolving it with gasoline and then removing the residual staining with orange rubbing compound. Fortunately, I’ve never been a smoker.

PS again Old Car Nut, keep an open mind about cosmetics. I've never been one to keep a clean car (the damn things just get dirty again!) but I'm very particular about keeping them up mechanically. If I didn't I certainly wouldn't be on my current 10,000 mile road trip in a 2005 4 cyl Caravan with almost 200,000 miles on the odometer (that still gets over 10,000 miles per quart of synthetic motor oil). BTW I do keep a detailed maintenance log. As far as cosmetics, I run it through the car wash maybe twice a year whether it needs it or not!
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 02:25 PM   #4978

Jeff
Just don't light a match !

Gordon
I'm 5'1" , I didn't meet the requirements at the shark club .
I used to be taller but I'm not sure what happened ?
The only thing I know about getting in trouble is it's fun to watch others do it ! (It's true I tell ya!)
So , I'll probably encourage ya to wander off and do stupid things................

Tim
WOW , Propane is $3.39 a gallon here and that's at the cheap place $4.10 at the other one.....

Steve
All those pictures look really c c c cold And a lot like here.

Nut
With that wad , maybe you'd have better luck just walking around an RV resort and just offer to buy any that you like ?
OR maybe hang around a repair place and when somebody gets a high estimate , offer to take it off their hands while they're still in shock......

Lynne
You're so nice , I bet people want to buy you ice cream all the time !
Old 06-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #4979

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvpopeye View Post

Gordon
So , I'll probably encourage ya to wander off and do stupid things................
Coffee - do stupid things faster with more energy! Isn't that how this all started? I'm in.
Old 06-14-2016, 07:45 PM   #4980

UH OHHHHHHHHHHH ....................
Old 06-15-2016, 04:33 AM   #4981

Good Morning all!

73* here, big thunder storm last night around 8pm, rained hard for about an hour. Very overcast right now, but supposed to clear up. Should be a bunch nicer next few days, temps in the low 80's.

Steve I also have enjoyed your pics. Very cool that you made the trip on a tight budget and had such a good time. Sure is pretty up there.

Seems like some sorta argument broke out here about who is the badest, or is most likely to go off? Not sure how that happened but I vote for the pirate!! Anybody who camps on the coast of Maine, through the winter has got me beat. I bet he eats snowbirds for breakfast!!!

Work day today, 15 more days to go. This weekends plan is to fabricate some rock guards for the jeep. I ordered a set of nurf bars, but hope to be able to use them as the base, and modify them to also use our Rubicon rock guards at the same time. Of course they will also double as a step for climbing in and out. I'll post some pics when I get going on this.

Have a good day all!

L.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:18 AM   #4982

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning gang,
Gordon, Popeye and me together, hmmmmmm, what a thought, look out Kansas.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:13 AM   #4983

Coffee is great this morning. ....

Steve it just goes to show that it is truely the journey that is the beauty and not all the crap you can buy.....love the pics they are awesome what a wonderful way to live...I bet you feel free, free, free....to an extent. ....lol

Lloyd post them pics...getting front windows tinted on the wife's this afternoon....still need to find a toy hauler I can put it in...lol..I got plenty of truck to pull it all just trying to find one that the DW likes the interior on...I know i know good luck with that...

Popeye if we were all to get together then I think there would be alot of trouble to be had....lol

Be safe and enjoy life..

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:41 AM   #4984

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning All,

Haven't had coffee yet but will get to it eventually. Just being lazy.

So, I stopped and talked to the guy last night that did the side window. Told him about going down and getting the windshield done because it was $600. cheaper and what they told me about the job on the side window.

Showed him pictured where you can see outside and how bad the job really was. You know how these situations can go good or bad really quickly? The guy admitted the job was poor, that his out source window guy should not have cut the frame and doing so permanently damaged it, that he used the wrong product to replace the damaged glass and in general the job was crap from the start.

This is what he offered to do to "Make it Right". He will totally refund me the money I paid, he will repair fix the damage which I told him was done down in Elkhart, or he will order a whole new window (at his cost) and replace it, whichever I choose. I was a bit surprised. Told him I needed to talk to Jerry and see what he thinks. I am for the complete replacement.

We have tossed some ideas around of things to do together and I have an idea.

I think we need to find some land somewhere warm and open a CG together. We could have a lake for Popeye to run boats, he could get several months off a year to go see his Momma, a garage and paint shop for Terry, Frank, MK, Nut, and whoever else likes to play in shops with all the tools.

Then us girls could run the office, and Eleanor and I could do insides of RVs with Bap and his Lady. Just think, come camp with us, get your repairs done, and get your inside updated, all in one stop. I'm not sure which shop Bap would spend most of his time in.

Everyone would get 6 months a year off, so it's still retirement but you get to play and have the space to do it at a business's expense. We would all have permanent sites so we would be in a great area near the lake off a bit from everyone else.

I like to dream and this is unrealistic but it would be nice. I think we could run a great CG and repair facility. Ya never know!

Otherwise, we are getting a bit of rain today and we sure need it. Crops are dry.

Got to get busy and get that coffee. You all have a great day and talk with you another day.

Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote