Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2016, 04:39 PM   #5405

Hey rail sorry to hear about Jira's aunt....thinking bout ya

Ron still have you in my thoughts hope things calm down for you soon.

Well tim sounds like your almost ready to play soccer....lol...not really....you just heal up nice and easy...

Been without any significant rain in about a month storm blew in this afternoon now the powers out....so far bout an hour...hope they can fix it soon.

Be safe everyone and enjoy....

Mk
mkohler30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2016, 05:44 PM   #5406

Gulf Streamers Club
Hello all. Lynne, the mice damage was done before I purchased MH first of 2011. I know because the front roof air was prone to icing up when running. Took apart and there was styrofoam "snow" on the condenser that was restricting airflow and causing the icing. Cleaned that off and it has worked ever since. Mice had gotten into foam in ceiling and expanded existing wiring raceways and that is where the "snow" came from. Same stuff under shower pan. We still have occasional mice but I have been catching them in the sticky traps.

Hope all are doing OK. Tim, hope the stitches are out and you are feeling better.

ronspradley/Chico
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:25 PM   #5407

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Evening,
thanks for the well wishes, but I'm afraid they went elsewhere. First thing out of the Doc's mouth was " Have you been walking on it" yea, he said I could use it but to walk on the heel or the other side of the foot which is what I've done. I was right and had torn a few outer stiches. They took out 8 today
Soooo not bed rest but try not to use that foot, for 2 more weeks. there's still a concern for the second toe. Go back to have the remainder stiches out next Wednesday.
Thanks for the well wishes.
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:03 PM   #5408

Winnebago Owners Club
Geez Tim - sorry for the outcome. Now it is time to bear down and go to the chair and stay there until you either need to go to the washroom, to the table for food or to bed. Only a couple weeks and it will be past. Do not want them to take another toe if it can be avoided.
Old 07-25-2016, 10:30 PM   #5409

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good morning everyone! Coffee is good today!
Thanks for all the well wishes! Jira's aunt was 82, she had leukemia, and a bad heart, and she was a retired nurse. Very nice lady, we will miss her!
We got back home yesterday, and good to sleep in our own bed!
Gordon, Mona would be a trip to drive over here, and every time you stopped, you would be swarmed with people to want to see her! You know, all the euro-campers, (TT's), none had A/C units on the roof? The salesman said they could install the A/C if we wanted? The three U.S. manufactured units had A/C's on the roof, but how would you run them? You would have to have a 110 generator, as all the current over here is 230 volts!
The conversion for the price from 2.5 million baht to U.S. dls. is 71,500 dls.
Wow! It is the import duty/tax that runs up the price. That, and greed, even if the duty was 50%, still a lot of money for a 2011 Bambi Airstream!
Just crazy!
Talked to a guy riding a new 110 cu. in. Harley at the funeral, he said he paid 2 million baht for it! That comes out to 57,000 dls!
But, if it is manufactured here in Thailand, like our 2016 Ford Everest diesel 7 passenger SUV, with a 6 speed, double overdrive auto, it was 1.3 million baht/ 37K in dls.! And what would that same SUV in the U.S. cost, if you could get it? Ours has a 2.2 liter, 4 cyl. diesel that is made by Ford in- house here! Runs great, has plenty of power/torque! It is ATA, turbo, common rail injection, all electronic!
120 kph/75 mph is the speed limit here! And I run 120 to 140kph/87mph average, and the rpm's are still under 2,500rpm's. It has a Watt's Link stabilizer in the back, and it really makes a difference in the handling! It also has electronic steering, so no power robbing pump, and it drive's like a sports car!
It burns very clean, very little smoke, no fumes/smell when running in the driveway! Why can't they do this in the U.S.? It gets 40 MPG out on the road, the way I drive it, with the conversion!
So, living over here, if you buy "Made in Thailand" you get a great value, the baht/dollar is 35 baht/1 dollar!
So, your lesson for today! Hehehehehe!
Everyone have a great day! Rail!
PS.
Tim, what Gordon said!! Take care of that foot!!
Old 07-26-2016, 07:44 AM   #5410

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Hope all is well.

Got a fire permit and burned our brush pile. Need more room for more tree branches. The pile is normally about 20' x 15' piled as high as I can throw the branches. We decided to cut down some laurel leaf willows that are getting very old. Unfortunately they are very big and have a lot of extra foliage. Pile is down to embers so am going to be packing branches for the next few days.

Rail - I hear you about the cost of vehicles. I looked at hauling our Gold Wing over to New Zealand for a bike tour. The import cost was huge. We had to pay all of the taxes on it which came to close to 50% of the value. The taxes would be refunded when we exported it back home but just showed how much the residents have to pay for some of their goods.

I like the sound of your truck. I bet the costs to import it here would be similar. I know there was a time when you had to prove the crash worthiness of any imported vehicle. Was looking at importing a Mercedes but the downside was it had to be crash tested to import. So you had to buy two, one to crash test and one to use if the first one passed the test! I can understand the 'safety' aspects but it sure can be costly. And considering government is involved possibly not that effective!

I have been watering the garden. We have started to harvest from the garden. Have been eating Swiss Chard, beets and beet greens for the last few days. Our raspberries did not winter well so one small bowl of raspberries is the entire haul. Will be digging new potatoes in the next few days. The tops of the potatoes have grown to huge proportions with lots of flowers. Generally that means the tubers will be few and smaller. Will find out when I start digging!

Hope everyone had a grand day. Tim I hope you are reading this laying in bed with your foot up. Or in your easy chair with your foot up. Take care my friend.
Old 07-26-2016, 03:34 PM   #5411

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Afternoon Gang,
No work today, we are taking a Certified Pool/Spa Operator course today and tomorrow so we can take care of the pool and spa internally and don't have to depend on incompetent pool guys/gals that we have been getting. It is going to add to my to do list everyday, but will be worth it in the long run, both for the park and the people in the park.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:10 AM   #5412

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
morning,
Coffee is going down well,
A few sprinkles this morning I got up put a mug in the micro and warmed it up then looked at the clock 1:45 dang can't waste the java so I paid a few bills ordered a pair of Tension cables for the 64 convert top, one side is broken the other side is hanging on by 2 strands of the cable.
We made deep dish pizza's last night the vegies were from the garden I used Beet greens instead of spinach,
cheese, sausage, bacon, pepperoni, jalapenos, fresh garlic mushrooms. Cooked in a cast iron fry pan. I'm having a piece right now Yum best breakfast food I think.
Speaking of food We are planning on going for Prime Rib Dinner at a bar/Restaurant on Buffalo Lake I haven' been there for almost 25 years. Back then it was $11.95 King Cut all you can eat. I was barely able to eat 1 serving back then and hope to do the same Friday night it was at least 4 inches thick and over hung the plate. Well now it's $ 29.95 and suppose to be the same size.
Bone-in 42oz. juicy Prime Rib I'll try and take a picture you won't believe the size of it.
Yep Gordon I'm trying to stay off the foot. I'm using his golf cart to get around or one of the many lawn tractors. My parents had a weeping willow that was older than I am and it came down in a storm a number of years ago landed on top of my moms bedroom she was okay but the roof needed repairs. It covered almost the whole house12 feet at the base of the trunk and ripped the driveway open by 6 foot by 15 foot hole. Any one heard from Lloyd?
Started to make ice, that machine really works well and is pretty fast
That's about it from here,
Those on the roads be safe,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:38 AM   #5413

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Morning Gang,
Tim,
Glad to see you are taking it easy on the foot. I think Lloyd was heading to Gettysburg for his annual family get together, so it might be a couple days before we hear from him.
I was thinking before I read your post about Jay, we haven't heard from him in a while.
Have a great day all,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:26 AM   #5414

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Good Morning,

Tim, you take care and try to take it easy. It's hard to stay down when you are usually active but do the best you can.

Seems everyone else is doing ok. I think Jay is probably busy with other things, fixing this, redoing that, and sometimes they just have to concentrate on those jobs. That is what is going on with Curtis.

Have a question. We have NOT seen any other signs of the furry little critters in the MH. Nothing in the traps, no corn stocked anywhere, so we are confident they are out. Whew!

Could they have gotten in when we were at the last CG and hooked up to water, sewer and electric? Maybe crawled up the lines? Got out and we left them behind when we broke camp and went home?

I read a thread that you should take steel wool (copper steel wool) if you can find it and put it around the lines while hooked up. Do any of you do this and does it make sense? Still learning here and don't want to give them access if we can help it.

Looks like another beautiful day. Sun is shining but we need more rain. Last year we had plenty. Oh well.

Got to get busy, things to do and hope all of you have a great day! Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:43 AM   #5415
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Could they have gotten in when we were at the last CG and hooked up to water, sewer and electric? Maybe crawled up the lines? Got out and we left them behind when we broke camp and went home?
On our ship (US Navy aircraft carrier), preventing rats from getting aboard was a high priority when dockside. The vermin would simply run up the mooring lines. Here is an image of the type of protection we used. It's probably a bit of overkill (pun intended)!

http://cdn.doityourselfrv.com/wp-con...rat-guards.jpg
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 06:50 AM   #5416

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Charles,

You do what you have to do but I enjoyed that picture. Are you one of the guys standing there?

We stopped and looked at a newer MH last night. It is 4 years younger and has quite a bit of rust. The outside has been neglected and they are asking a lot of money for something in this condition. Not interested in that much rust either. If you can see this much, what can't you see?

We'll keep Roy. Lynne
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:20 AM   #5417
cwk

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamisl View Post
Charles,

You do what you have to do but I enjoyed that picture. Are you one of the guys standing there?
No. Just found that photo online this morning. And, that certainly is not an aircraft carrier.

Also, I did not work on the outside of the ship. I operated a computer system somewhere under the flight deck (not related to flight operations, though).
cwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:43 AM   #5418

Winnebago Owners Club
Good morning everyone;
Tim - glad you are able to take it easy. I know you will do what is best on your own but we like to encourage you along the way. Pizza sounds good as well as the prime rib. We did a prime rib in the grill at Rivers Edge a few years ago. Robert and Glenda got it as a gift from her sister and I did it on the grill. It was 23 lbs!! Turned out really well. Have not been invited to share since they moved to their new location at the other end of the park.

Lynne - so far we have been fortunate with critters. Have only had 2 in the 5er and do not know how they got in. Caught them early. 5er had been sitting outside for a while. All the connections were outside so it is a mystery. I currently plug the holes for services with microfiber cloths I use to wipe the hose and electric cord when retracting. Possibly something like curly kate would work. That does not rust. Does not look like they can get anywhere if they crawl up the tires but who knows?

Kind of trying to sprinkle right now. Forecast is for 30% rain and thundershowers. Had a few drops so far this morning but in Yuma we would call it a 3" rain. Drops are 3" apart!

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Say is anyone else having an issue with the spacing between paragraphs? I like to add an extra break between paragraphs but when I post the break show up doubled. After posting I go back in and delete the extra carriage return so the break is single. I left the one above as an example.