Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > Vintage RV's
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2016, 05:27 PM   #5587

Winnebago Owners Club
Have to agree with Terry. Food must have been good. Not much left except crumbs.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2016, 08:36 PM   #5588

Lynne
Pie and IceCream , Pie and IceCream , Pie and Ice Cream , Pie and Ice Cream !!!!!!!!!!!!!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRhhhhhuuuuubbbbaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrb

A pirate's favorite dessert ,,,,it has a lot of aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr in it!

Tim

I wasn't wondering if YOU wanted it back....
I was worrying that the foot might !
If you find yourself going somewhere and you don't know why ??

bap
I had no idea , or did I ?
My CB handle was .......................
wait for it......................................
Popeye !
Skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh
I told you guys I've been called that since forever !

Another glimpse into the mind of a mad scienti.....errrrr
musician.....

I once asked one of , no , the best songwriter I ever met.
Where do the idea's for a hit song come from?
And I was told this.

Somewhere out in the universe there lives a very benevolent race of highly advanced beings that decided to share their ability for producing music that is regarded by most of the other intelligent life forms as the best .

One day they decided to broadcast all of the songs of the entire universe over a subconscious thought frequency for all to enjoy.

Then , all that anyone had to do was tune into that part of their brain and the songs would just download directly into your head !!!!!!

I called the BS patrol on that,,,,,,,,,BUT year's later , I was writing a song and I started to daydream a bit AND BANG/POW . There it was ! My next record !

I' have since had this happen many times and had also asked others if they ever experienced such a phenomena

Old 08-13-2016, 08:55 PM   #5589

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
^^^ LOLOL
very good...

Lloyd
my brother and family lived in Rock Hill, but moved last year. Small world.

bab
maybe it is a sign that you didn't have the surgery.
still send ya a prayer, put it in the bank for when you do have the surgery.

beamsil
no Pic's,

Did alittle more work on the rear end of the PA, I'm telling ya I don't like working with the fiberglass. And yes no PIC's I got a itch to go for a cruise around the City Lakes just 3 of them and I took the 64, then stopped for a Pizza and ate it in the MH while watching a old movie or 2,
Y U M I love Pizza after Prime Rib if ya remember...
Have a good night,
Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 01:31 AM   #5590

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Good Morning All! Coffee was good today!
Getting the hang of the French press, and finally found some decent beans to grind! They are grown here in the north of Thailand, and are pretty good!
To all, the bomb's that went off here in Thailand, it happened a long way from us here in the north! About 450 miles south of us! It is all political, and they came right after a vote to keep the military in power, instead of the corrupt government that they ousted! They were not terror based, by any means! It just shows that politics can be deadly!
Lloyd, great pic, but where are you? I know, taking the pic, but really, the waitress will do that for you! Hahaha!!
Sam3, glad the surgery went good!
Steve, enjoy those cooler temps, a lot to do and see around there!
Tim, glad you don't miss that toe! Does it being gone affect you balance? Hope you went and got your Passport renewed? As it takes a month or so to get it back! You can do it after you get to Yuma also, as long as you have a address for them to send it to you! Just go to the Post office!
Popeye, now I know where the songs come from!!
My CB handle, "guardrail"
Jeff, hope they get you in quickly, and fix you up! Prayers still coming!!

Oh, and my son said the A/C is still dripping inside? Go figure? So he is going to look at the back one, see if anything is different? And if not, take it to someone that knows what is up, and find out the problem, then take it home and fix it himself!
All of the news from over here across the big pond, everyone take care, be safe out on the road!! Rail!
Old 08-14-2016, 04:20 AM   #5591

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
pics

Good Morning,

Here are the pics of the pies. When I make these, I usually make two because I keep one and send the other home with the person I made it for. Rhubarb isn't always easy to find here so glad I have plants in my garden. Can't get fresher than that. The piece bought at restaurants usually has too much sugar in for my tastes.

Otherwise, got the tires treated last night, they shine. Then decided to polish the chrome and it shines. Would be nice if it stayed that way, no bugs on the front, nice and clean and shiny. By the way, it has a shiny hiney right not.

Bap, when I had my first fusion (L4, L5) I was delayed 2 weeks due to an accident victim. You NEVER want to be at the top of a surgeon's list because that means you are the sickest patient. Don't mind waiting other than the pain can get to be burdomson.

No special plans today, might just rest up for the week, read a bit, play a few games on the pc. Say HI to some newbies on IRV2. I had a real nice welcome and it was nice. Boy have we come a long way since then. Love camping and meeting all of you.

OK< Popeye,, here are the pies. Wish you had smell o vision and taste o vision. My nick name was IH.

Lynne
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rhubarb pie.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	208.7 KB
ID:	135855  
beamisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:21 AM   #5592

Good morning!

Tim, we lived in Rock Hill 23 years, till we moved here to our new place November 2014. We are now 22 miles from there, Rock Hill just got too busy and we wanted more space.

Rail, only the good looking people are in the pic! Tell him to check the internal seal around the condenser. It is down by the pan. They dry out, and leave a tiny gap,,,, then the fan sucks the water through.

Popeye, you kill me! My CB handle was Crazy Horse. (I drove a mustang for years back and forth to work 40 miles)

Lynne, good looking pies! I can smell them!

L.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:48 AM   #5593

Goooodmorning all y’all!!!

The sun’s starting to peek through the clouds, I’m on my third cup of coffee and it’s delicious. Yesterday I drove into Ruidoso early, there was a local Corvette club event and some hiking friends of mine were driving in from Sierra Vista AZ with a contingent from the SV Corvette club. I waited and waited, finally 5-6 Corvette’s pulled in, all with Arizona plates, but not my friends Randal and Susan. It turned out Randal had become ill so they had to drop out. Damn! I’d brought a cooler of cold Shiner Bock and had planned to take them out to Can’t Stop Smokin’ BBQ for a BBQ and beer birthday celebration. I ended up celebrating by myself L. Which reminds me…

That was an interesting talk of songwriting earlier. I was rocking out over a George Thorogood song yesterday and made the mistake of listening closely to the lyrics, not a good idea! The song was I drink alone, the disturbing lyric was unfortunately the songs hook “When I drink alone, I prefer to be by myself” Well yah, doesn’t drinking alone pretty much define being by yourself.

I’m glad you’re not missing that big toe Tim. Toes are such a bother, who needs them anyhow!

Well hell, I’m going to try to get some hiking in this morning, that is if it doesn’t rain. I’ve been sitting around far too much lately.

Steve

PS irv2 seems to like George Thorogood so well it posted it twice for me!
Geocritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:39 PM   #5594

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Good Evening Gang,
Well had a nice visit with Lloyd and Deb, and Mom is the greatest, she ROCKS Lloyd.
Got in this morning just after midnight, like about 12:30, stopped at the local hangout and had a cold one(and I mean just ONE) to settle down, then off to bed. Rented a 2016 Malibu and it is a really nice car, only 2 tanks of gas between Florida and Ohio. Filled up when we stopped with Lloyd and still had a little under 1/4 tank when we got in. Just shy of 35 mpg running within 5 MPH of the speedlimit with cruise and air on. Had a great time visiting with Lloyd and family, wish we could have stayed longer, maybe next time.
Catch you all later, trying to get all the mail gone through and getting all the tax papers in order for the tax lady.
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 05:53 PM   #5595

Country Coach Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Hey folks. We decided to make a getaway this week. Took Maggie Lake Coeur d'Alene for a few days she just got new shoes and she's feeling frisky. Will send pix when I can hit a wifi.

Rail yes she does have a powertech. Just under 650 hrs so far.

Hart inverter. Dont yet know the wattage. Have to crawl in that bay and see. Solved the power issue though but still will be ungrading her to more modern systems.

She pulls up hills like they're not even there.

Well gotta run stuff to do no point in being in the park and apend all my time online.
Old Car Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:35 PM   #5596

Good Morning everyone.

Thanks for all the prayers. We both are doing well. My antibiotics have kicked in and I will finish the entire prescription. Even though I am a Licensed Practical Nurse(LPN) I hate to be inpatient in the hospital. Thankfully,I get to stay home. DH should get MD clearance to drive by Sept. I'm getting pretty good at driving the "TANK".Supercab F250 with a fiberglass cap and a 8ft. bed. It has two exhaust pipes that love to rattle. I call it "Rin TIN TIN". Prayers to all in need. Take care,Ann Almost forgot. Many arer having trouble with drippy AC units due to the severe heat and humidity. Take the cover off on the inside and tighten the bolts that tighten the seal down. Don't over tighten. Next trip out in Sept. we will see if this solved our inside rain shower.
sam-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 05:09 AM   #5597

Morning all!

Sam, glad to hear you are both doing well! Keep that trend going.

Jay, glad your getting a get away, you needed a break.

2 days till we hit the road. Plan is for nearly a month. This retirement thing is fun. I have some fun stuff planned, even a surprise for Deb who's Birthday will be while we are on the road. I'll share pics etc here is you all are okay with that?

Have a great day! Off to the eye doctors for the annual checkup.

L.
Old 08-15-2016, 07:35 AM   #5598

Winnebago Owners Club
Good Morning Everyone;
Sam - happy for you on the positive results. Keep on getting better.

Lloyd - pictures are always great. Glad the transition to retirement was not too stressful. Have always said if I had known it was this much fun I would have retired a lot earlier.

Jay - glad you are getting away. Retirement is supposed to be fun as well as satisfying. My only note is that I seem to work just as hard but get paid a lot less. I just get to pick the work I don't get paid for. And I do it on my schedule. Now if I could just figure out how to pay taxes on my schedule without getting penalized!!

Hope everyone has a grand day.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:17 PM   #5599

Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Jay,
Glad that you are getting away and enjoying Maggie.
Lloyd,
Have a safe trip and above all else Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy. This is what we have worked all our lives for.
Sam-3
We are real happy that things are working out and that you both are doing well.
Later gang,
Frank
Franka548 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:43 AM   #5600

Good morning all!

Heading out this afternoon. First real scheduled stop is Montgomery Alabama to have dinner with some friends tomorrow night. Not going to set a blistering pace here, we have reservations in Durango for a week from today.

I do have one surprise in there,,,,,, shhhhh, don't tell Deb!!! She is going to celebrate a birthday while on this trip. She loves dancing and music etc.. So I have a reservation that she is unware of at the Fort Worth Stockyards for this Friday night. Yep, much to my surprise there is a Rv park there. Basic parking lot with water and elec (50 amp),,, but we don't need more. It is in walking distance to all the Stockyards night life. I think she will enjoy this.

I will update as we can, expect to be on the road 4 weeks.

L.